Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
This November, some big games are coming out, like the next episode of Hidden Object Game extravaganza Adam Wolfe and... well, I guess that's the only big one. But maybe some small indie games will come out too and we can talk about those. In the meantime, how's the kids?

e: It has come to my attention that something called "Pokemón" is also releasing this month. I don't really know what that is, but if you're into that then we can definitely talk about it.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im sorry but i do not poke men, as i prefer the ladies

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

november entertainment system? i ardly knew er entertainment system

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Finál Fantásy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im gonna name him Artemis Agrowltera

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone wanted Cruis'n back?

Yes. Me.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it should just be james's head under there. this is stupid and wrong

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would love to try to kill some aliens. Make me a lady, please, if you do!

Also:

I'm trying to decide if I care about achievements enough to go do all of the tedious little actions to finish 100%-ing the Last Door season one. I beat the game itself but getting the secrets would be tedious, so.....hmmm. Probably not.

OK YOU GOT IT

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

i want a viva piñata but you take care of pocket monsters. please

im sure this will get many :yeah: on the pokemon miiverse

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 2, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Falling Skies: THE GAME, which is very obviously not xcom. it is NOT xcom

Strix does well at sniping long distance:

Meanwhile Crashcat can't hit someone right next to her

also somehow QFG2 managed to get injured without even being there, good job

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FALLING SKIES tries to do the post-apocalypse thing by making you buy upgrades with supplies you find on missions. So I sent our troops, who are not XCOM soldiers, on a mission to raid a warehouse for stuff. Things went poorly right from the start:

We have to pick up 6 things lying around the warehouse while surviving some alien attacks.

Since this is based on a TV show you have story units who only appear in main missions. Since this isn't one I have to swap in a regular recruit. I took away his main weapon and gave him two pistols because I thought that would be funny. It actually turned out to be a fantastic idea eventually since they don't run out of ammo as quickly, but that's fine.

Crashcat has leveled up and now has a rocket launcher:

She also got surrounded by a bunch of enemies and took them all out, with help from Lizard Wizard:

The mission went well in the end; only Strix was seriously wounded. Since this was everybody's first regular mission, all those who participated get assigned a nickname:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Endless Legend was made with Unity which surprised me.

Does Unity make it easier to port stuff from PC->iOS/Android by any chance?

Yeah, it supports pc, mac, linux, ios, android, chrome store, windows phone, etc., as well as consoles. it's dead easy to port your game to every possible platform which is why it's so popular now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the squad attacks a military base. mission objective is to kill every enemy unit.

lizard wizard is knocked out, and i have no way to revive him because i haven't researched that yet.

but it's ok because we're almost done. i just have to find the last enemy and kill it and he'll be fine!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

What the hell is a spiked kid

I'll tell you what it isn't:

alive

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bastard Bonds

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

:(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

I don't know what's happening in this.

Also I don't know what's happening in your new av.

Crashcat leveled up and learned Molotov Cocktail

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

the ending to deus ex: mankind divided loving sucks

buy our sequel

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd85YnyFGMc

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

ea releases a witcher every year but the only thing that changes is the roster... shake my head at the people buying these. also it has a um. dynasty mode?? is that a thing

The Witcher 4: A Spike Lee Joint

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Didn't it sell alright though? I thought I read it did fine and that's why we were all dreading the series continuing as idiots continue to buy it

yeah it did, and also theyve invested a bunch of money into the engine so a sequel should be cheaper to dev

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

yeah, but he's basically a mascot, in a way that Tom Clancy isn't.

tom clancy is 100% a mascot. dude didnt even write novels for like a decade before he died but they came out anyway

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also, tom clancy used to be a mark of quality co-op in videogames. you could always trust them to come with some cool cooperative mode even if the sp might be bad. this was true both for good games like chaos theory and bad games like hawx 2. GRAW and GRAW 2 on pc were rad as gently caress co-op games imho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo's bringing back the Nintendo Power Line for their Mini NES launch.

the most pointless product

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Recalling the amount of people that dropped a tenner (sometimes on shared accounts) to read the dangan ronpa and dangan ronpa 2 lp's will always get a chuckle out of me. They ought to come out with another one of those games so Lowtax can line his pockets with gold once more.

they did make another one but it's a terrible survival horror game

maybe i should lp it, id become famous

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Great Joe posted:

Okay.

Demolition Girl. Mega Man X 7. Shadow the Hedgehog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsvWTtoiQ BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Great Joe posted:

Same. I'd like to know how it differs from morning radio.

perhaps https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769813 ???!??!?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/i0jpARS.mp4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7sLTudg5s

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

Yeah, it's also complicated, because the story of Doctor Strange going to Tibet and learning magic isn't like it's being respectful of actual Tibetan culture. So moreso than in most cases, this one is kind of blurry, since fetishism of vague eastern philosophy is probably better than misrepresenting actual culture.

It just would have been a great opportunity to make a statement. Like right now China is bulldozing Larung Gar, the largest monastic community of Tibetan Buddhist. The exact sort of thing that heroes like the Avengers would be against if they were real. Super heroes are supposed to be about sticking up for the defenseless, and I just think its sad that films about heroes can't bring attention to real injustices happening in the world even as they draw inspiration from its victims.

Doctor Strange being pro-Tibet would have been super cool.

lol if you think any blockbuster will ever be anti-china again

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

im playing ML BTHE SHOW

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So I suspect the answer is either "Samurai Spirits" or "Nope", but are there any traditional turn/party-based Samurai RPG's? Not strategy, like Nobunaga's Ambition and the like, more similar to Final Fantasy 7.

No

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Nioh and For Honor are the only samurai games coming out anytime soon

It's hard to be a samurai in 2016

if he wants action rpgs there's many more choices (way of the samurai 3, for example) but he specifically said trad jrpgs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Have any of you played an old snes game called Feda Emblem of Justice? Is it any good?

it is like shining force but instead of kinda funny it is hilariously grimdark. not bad tho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOIDOxryUao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

These characters sure are likable!

In other news I ordered the PS4Pro/ProS4/PS4P/Professional4 so now I just have to decide what games to get first. BB will probably be first despite it taking no advantage of the Pro stuff.

i cant say how accurate that translation is but feda really is hilariously grimdark and edgy

• Locked thread