Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Oh it's my fault, I forgot to make a donation pledge. $5 for every Cubs hit the rest of the series like last one. Hope the karmic scales shift now.

I still haven't fully processed this in my head yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CubsWoo posted:

Be like half the people you see at the park and play the AliExpress roulette for a cheap Chinese bootleg jersey

my favorite player is #43, Anthony Rizzorp

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dexter come back to meeeeeeee

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I didn't see it mentioned but Hendricks had three pickoffs in the postseason this season, with two coming in the world series. When is the last time either of those things happened?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

I'm cooking and playing frisbee today, otherwise I'd look into this immediately. For now, please enjoy Kolten Wong's shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQnHJwIabBU

E: Just off the top of my head I'd expect Carlton had more but I doubt he ever logged as many innings as Hendricks in a single postseason, given the different eras.
E2: Nope, Carlton never had 3 in one postseason or two in a World Series. Pettite did in 2000 though. One in the LCS, two in the World Series.

Awesome, thanks for the lookup. Should've figured Pettitte would be up there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cubs decline Hammel's $10M 2017 option.

Unexpected but I guess they want to free up the cash elsewhere. :getin:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would like Dex back because he is amazing and beautiful and also because I'm not opposed to 22 year old Almora spending a season wrecking the living poo poo out of AAA ball

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Joe Maddon is already trying to argue that Chris Coghlan can be a reliever.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Bryant/Seager/Murphy for NL MVP
Betts/Trout/Altuve for AL MVP

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm a bit glad that we aren't going to have a Heroic Posthumous Jose Fernandez Cy Young Award even though he absolutely should be in contention

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Carlosologist posted:

AL MVP: Betts
NL MVP: Bryant
AL Cy: Kluber
NL Cy: Scherzer
AL ROY: Sanchez
NL ROY: Seager

Feel free to quote this when it's completely wrong

this but fulmer

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
there is no stopping the Ricketts Machine. embrace the darkness. hail satan

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
good thing the two aren't at all related then

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I have been loving warning you people for years.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

post sexy gifs instead

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

New Concept Hole posted:

All I can think is that the Chicago Cubs will be honored at the White House next year by the President of the United States, which will be Donald Trump.

Arrieta can give him a dick five

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
WHERE ARE MY SEXY GIFS

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

YeahTubaMike posted:

I take back every nice thing I ever said about Jake Arrieta's beard

it's gone now and he looks super weird. I thought it was Lackey standing with Theo at first

https://twitter.com/klackey33/status/795341713091031045

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it was not a great day to wear my arrieta shirtsey to work

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i hope ryan braun gets traded into a volcano

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Thom P. Tiers posted:

~$80m off the books

I actually don't think the Brewers are four years away from competing but I wonder what the Brewers' front office thinks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Rizzo adds a silver slugger to his gold glove :hellyeah:

even though it totally should have been Freeman

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The Cubs won the 2016 World Series.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I can't wait to see how miserable he looks when he accepts the award. :unsmith:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Terry Francona and Dave Roberts win Managers of the Year for their respective leagues.

AL voting: http://bbwaa.com/16-al-mgr/
NL voting: http://bbwaa.com/16-nl-mgr/

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

And yes, the same factor that brought in the wildly successful Collin McHugh, perfect

hey, he was good for the four or five games he pitched before people saw through the visage.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
both Tampa Bay reporters left him off and had Porcello first.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Julio Cruz posted:

I can see voting for Porcello over Verlander because it's really close, but not putting Verlander on at all just makes no sense unless they're voting Porcello/Happ/Kluber entirely based on ~winz~

One went Porcello/Kluber/Happ/Britton/Sanchez, the other went Porcello/Britton/Kluber/Sale/Tanaka (??????????)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I kinda admire the balls it took one of the Dodgers voters to go Kershaw-Fernandez 1-2

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Trout wins AL MVP

http://bbwaa.com/16-al-mvp/

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
All but one first place vote. Name and shame

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
after his extremely well-deserved all star spot, Addison Russell has followed it up by placing 19th in the NL MVP race.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bad boy in the boy band posted:

MVP should be best player that season, not best player on best team.

:smugdog: Sometimes it's both. :smugdog:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's 2000 hits away lmao. That's not how 'locks' work.

The question was if somebody's going to do it before Trout (after Cano/Cabrera/Beltre/Pujols/Beltran), and Trout is further away than Altuve

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Will he be the next former Arizona Fall League MVP Dustin Ackley, or the next former Arizona Fall League MVP Kris Bryant?

Or he could just be the next former Arizona Fall League MVP Tommy Hanson and die.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
only cub fans will second guess moves that won them their first title in 108 years

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TheChaosPath posted:

I will never understand how anyone could prefer their team winning one incredibly specific configuration of 11-12 games over many years of watching them win 80s to 90s of games, but I actually like baseball so

the playoffs, just an incredibly specific configuration of games and nothing more

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/AChapman_105/status/794572365149638656

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TMMadman posted:

I think you mean the Cubs are going to go on an unprecedented 10 year World Series winning streak just so that St. Louis will shut the gently caress up about having 11 Series wins.

yes but gleyber torres has 27 rings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

New Concept Hole posted:

Now that Sandoval is 30, he's the scrappy veteran infielder questionmark that they want at any price!

being surrounded by scraps of candy bar wrappers at all times counts as being scrappy imo

• Locked thread