Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

anilEhilated posted:

Worst part about this (and previous Cybertron) LP is that I head off wikiwards immediately after watching a video to look up silly trivia about giant robots that turn into affordable hatchbacks.
Speaking of useless trivia, maybe some of the local experts can help here - I happened to have a transformer as a toy when I was a kid and (not having access to comics, series or whatever else trivia source here in the rear end-end of Europe)have no loving idea what it was. After the last LP I was thinking Starscream because it was a plane in white/red/blue but wiki tells me Starscream was always an F-15, which my guy most definitely wasn't: his vehicle form had forward-swept wings, looking a bit like the X-29 experimental plane. Anyone knows if there's a transformer like that?
Chances are there isn't and it was a knockoff toy but hey, asking can'T hurt.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:G1Dogfight_toy.jpg

Dogfight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If Starscream were willing to settle for second banana for even five minutes, they'd have won this ages ago.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Coolguye posted:

you are all doing this to yourselves

i have no part in this

i want that on record right the gently caress now

It's like people googling lemonparty or goatse and them getting mad you told them not to.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Given the Devastator fight in chaper 1 I have toi ask, does this game follow the Platinum Escalation Curve of "start out ludicrous, go up from there"?

And ranks go by the Viewtiful Joe ranks. D'oh, Crappy, Baaad, Awesome, and then Spectacular/Viewtiful/Pure Platinum/Whatever.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 10, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Orv's suggestion I actually subject myself to Bayformers seems like someone trying to convince you that because you sit in chairs you need to staple your junk to a chair because they did it three or so times.

I won't do it.

It's something about social human nature. "That's the worst thing I've ever tasted! Here, try it."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

IMO it's better than the LotR books as well, though it's tough to compare them. Hobbit is a children's story, and LotR is an epic with a much bigger scope.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Orv posted:

I remember sitting awake throughout the night on my bed when I was seven or eight, on a school night, devouring The Hobbit just in time to go to school and sleep through most of the day. Ruined my sleep for a week. To my great nerd shame, I find Tolkein way too dry now.

One of the first books I remember is Hobbit. Me and my brother on dad's lap as he read to us and we happily pointed out words we recognized like "the".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ramming robots in the taint. Let's play Transformers: Devastation

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For posterity:

(we love you guys)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I didn't realise it but they're doing the Coolguye whiff themselves.

Game knows game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

We had a lot of G1 toys. Grandma and Granddad used to get us one every time we visited, though we were disappointed that they were always Autobots so they couldn't fight anything. Sitcom-style jump to a timid British grandmother in ToysRus asking what in the world a Decepticon is.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Have you seen the trailer for the reboot movie? I'm not sure if it's an edgy reboot of PR, or a superpowered reboot of The Breakfast Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Please tell me that transition 11 minutes in was in-game and not something you added. I let out a bit of a squeal when it happened.

• Locked thread