Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Can you romance it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Only if the it's the geth and husk fighting for my attention

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I didn't hate the ending at first, then I reloaded to check out the other options.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

moist turtleneck posted:

The Hanar were in ME:3, you had to do a detective mission on the Citadel I think

There's also one if you talk to Javik in that same area (Embassies).

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Sadly I don't think the Tempest will have an AI to insert into a sexbot.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Not only are the loyalty missions always optional, you can choose not to pick up several companions in I think every DA and ME game? (Never played DA2, so no clue about that one actually)

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 28, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Cythereal posted:

Also, Hackett only mentions that it's Harbinger if you imported from ME2. If you imported an ME3 character or started fresh in ME3, Hackett doesn't mention it.

When does he do that? I just finished it again after buying the DLC and I don't remember any mention of it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Cythereal posted:

His radio call that Reapers are leaving the battle in space to head for London. If you imported from ME2, Hackett mentions that Harbinger is leading them.

Oh, I thought it might have been closer to the actual event in question.

Also just want to note the worst thing of the entire trilogy. If you want to reload to see what happens in another ending your only choice is to go back to the save from when you are injured outside the beam. You have to do all the slow walking and listen to unskippable dialogue from IM, Anderson and Catalyst all over again.

The dream sequences are joy next to that.

Second worst is getting sync killed by banshees.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azbtg1dpA-E

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Deep Space Explorer Armor
Nomad Skin
Multiplayer Booster Pack

I think I'm good tbh

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

tayvaan posted:

It probably makes a difference that you can customize Ryder's face but not Geralt's. It does look rough though.

I think this is a big one, and yet that scene was worse than ME3 or DA:I.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I was gonna say that the most important part being the combat looked good, but I realize now my priorities were wrong.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Healthy scepticism is one thing, this is not that.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

Well to turn the question around, what exactly is getting you hyped for this game?

I'm not exactly hyped, I have hope for the multiplayer being decent. But I don't sit around trying to tear it down or prop it up.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Milky Moor posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I have hope for the multiplayer being decent.

Goon speed on your crusade.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Zelder posted:

somehow this is the most depressing post in the whole thread

I'm just waiting for unbiased opinions rather than making up a bunch of poo poo or relying on PR, why is that depressing?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Zelder posted:

I guess that if my expectations for a game was that the multiplayer may be decent I probably wouldn't think or post about the game

I really liked ME3 MP tho. One of the things I've learnt is to not let my expectations for games be influenced too much by brand names or (lack of) quality PR surrounding it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Is there any explanation for that number? Is it just number of missions where that party member is used? Because for much of the early game you're basically locked into Liara + Vega.

Lol 60% chose to sit behind cover and shoot mans.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
You have to make sure to bring the correct container before your date.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
The hand wringing is hilarious. Whatever the game is, you won't know before someone outside EA/BioWare gets their hands on it and is allowed to talk about it.

That article says the writer likes the changes to combat, but I doubt he had enough time to really evaluate it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
That trailer was uploaded 6 days before release, was it available earlier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIG2dWLHaYU
That seems to be 1 month before release.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

It's still $10 to access what previously was offered to players as a free demo in ME3, which is a pretty scummy tactic that people shouldn't support.

$5

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Looks like we have a contender.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Lt. Danger posted:

As the truest Mass Effect fan, I decree that Andromeda... will be bad.

Don't forget to remind everyone who is having fun with it in 2 months.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Everyone expected it to be garbage, but by some miracle it was not.

I had hoped DA:I would be equally great, unfortunately the base combat in DA:I was garbage, and the MP rewards were much worse in the RNG department. So the mode was completely poo poo, even then I could still get a match whenever I tried up to half a year ago ( I would occasionally try to see if they somehow managed to make it good ).

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
EA/Origin Access will provide lots of first hand accounts. Even though most of them will have questionable objectivity.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

DancingShade posted:

That was a good sequence. I'm sorry you don't like good things.

Codependent Poster posted:

It was a fun tense sequence. It's like 5 minutes, tops. It's also a much better impact when it puts you in the shoes of a defenseless character seeing all this poo poo go down and trying to escape instead of just watching it as a cutscene.

I'm holding you guys responsible for that lovely limping section at the end of ME3

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

I think people would be more forgiving of the typical wonky facial animations if there was something, anything, showing the basic gameplay loop of Andromeda for more than 5 curated seconds at a time.

Is there a game where you could customise the face that also had good facial animations?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

The level of oohing and aahing over a couple still frames is reaching Star Citizen ship.jpg proportions.

Yea, this isn't happening, if these posts of yours are actually serious you're the one who is crazy.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

Regular person: These animations are janky and stiff.
Bioware fan: These animations are wanky and I'm getting stiff.

Sure, but outside of engine tech demos, when are they not in games?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

precision posted:

And hey, it's not just bad ads that are deceptive. "This is the new poo poo" was really bad, but the game ended up being good. However, Fable 3 had that television spot that used The Black Angels' "Young Men Dead" which made it seem like probably the most badass game ever and we all know how that turned out.

Remember the Dead Island, trailer?

Remember the game?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Played a couple of hours of multi (effectively 5 rounds, in between crashing and wading through menus)

even bronze seems fairly difficult

got lucky with a loyalty pack and got a falcon and the blue girl with annihilation

the falcon is beast, and I used it on the sentinel which is a pretty cool class

the combat feels very off, might be related to bad connections - or maybe it's the new engine

pubbie vanguards die a lot

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I moved to Korea for 10 minutes, and then played for 7 hours.

No regrets.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Hedrigall posted:

is game good yet :smith:

Yea

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i reckon if you delete all 10's and 0's from an existing games user metacritic, you might actually get an average rating that resembles reality.

i'm going to put precisely 0 effort into testing this theory, however.

I was counting on you too...

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Spermanent Record posted:

That's all I want from ME :D

I think you will like it.

Combat feels good, much more dynamic and mobile than the last two (at least early on, but also in the multi so I think it will remain good).

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

omg chael crash posted:

Do we have a thread dedicated to MP? Are we just using ME3's?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814183

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I kind of like the kett fire sword more. Melee doesn't do a lot of damage for some reason though... Even with asari sword and damage weapon mods.

I went Krogan Hammer all the way, and I felt the opposite. Whenever I tried using guns everything slowed down. Whereas with charge, melee, shotgun, melee, air melee; everything that wasn't a large target was dead or flying off into the distance on the highest difficulty.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Haledjian posted:

That's reassuring--I just read somewhere else that that's the case, too. I guess a shitload of side missions pop up toward the end or something?

Just about after every single main mission my inbox was full of updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I liked when Bradley scolded me for wearing N7 armor.