Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I'm not sure exactly why Bioware is so hung up on everything attracting empathy. They even tried to make the Reapers empathize with their "saving the galaxy through culling" story. In a video game I'm not really concerned with why I should empathize with the giant space horror is trying to eat my family. No I don't care that there has been layoffs at his job he's a giant space horror trying to eat my family. There is no need for the game to shove some sort of emotional conflict into that situation. Here's the monster, here is your assault rifle, go to down dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Mymla posted:

Controversial opinion: new aliens look fine. Can't wait to shoot them in the face with my gun. And then hang out with my one alien friend that proves I'm not racist.

Nice.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jeza posted:

many posters in this thread just can't get off if their aliens aren't incomprehensible and depraved looking as possible.

I demand my aliens be horrifying bullet magnets. Unless it is one of the good ones then I want to add it to the crew of SSV Sexual Harassment Bingo Card.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Moola posted:

if the hoop head is the only difference between male and female that will be cool

but lol no it won't

It would be right in Bioware's wheelhouse to give a female character a handlebar on their head wouldn't it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There are more than "both" genders for gods sake dude

As far as Kett go I think there would only be sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

When it comes to priorities I'm okay with a cargo bay being somewhere to stack boxes and park the MAKO.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

Mass Effect is like Star Citizen if the developers weren't constrained by focus groups and executives.
"We have this really cool idea but it's not fuckable and it would take too long to make."

Star Citizen people somehow repeatedly topped Tali Sweat guy for insanity.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

I Kett believe how uninspired these designs are.

Say you are asari for the pun.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

It is something awful, isn't it?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

So like,

what happened to the reapers? Did they pick a canon ending?

Where did the galaxy cleansing godmachines gooo

Off to a farm in the country.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I really hope there was some form of communication between the Milky Way and the Ark ships for at least the first few years of their voyage. Because if not that means they are going to rehash the whole genophage plot and more importantly the Arks won't have access to the last Blasto film.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I've been predicting for awhile that Ryder's ship will malfunction at the start of Andromeda and they'll remain in hypersleep for 100 years or whatever and awaken to a galaxy already populated by your favorite fuckable aliens.

I thought that had already been stated by the writers? It gives a plausible excuse for there being planets and space station hubs up and running for the player to use outside of the Nexus.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

DrNutt posted:

I appreciate this thread for getting me hype enough that I started a new trilogy play through, only to realize I am apparently Mass Effected out. Tried jumping ahead to 2 and even that seemed tedious. Otoh, it's that much more time I can spend on ME3 multiplayer before MEA comes out.

Thanks, ya'll! :unsmith:

(Also I miss my recursive Jacob avatar. If spidermonkee or whatever your name is still has the file sitting around somewhere, I'd rebuy it for myself, but I lost the gif about three hard drives ago.)

Logging a lot of hours in multiplayer does spoil combat for the rest of the trilogy. Everything moves much slower and dies much easier compared to gold and platinum collector games on the London map.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

That was the funniest part about the whole "AI is always bad" plot line the main writer loved. You had Legion and the Geth just wanting to chill in their dyson sphere until the Quarians and Reapers dragged them back into the galactic dogpile. The starchild tells Shepard that all AI is evil and Shepard can just go "Hello, Gethbros? They are on our side too. And I'd like you to meet EDI, please ignore her creepy fetish body we didn't build it."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

were bad at shepherding a large writing project

I see what you did there.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Happy Jack in ME3 happens regardless of romancing her. I know this because I have never romanced her and she turns up a much better person in ME3 without losing her edge. I always thought the ME2 Jack romance boiled down to the Bioware "heal the emotional scars with the hero's dick" routine they used to love.

There is some dialog that got cut from the end of ME3 where Jack is on Earth with her students who volunteered to fight and it's a really heartfelt and emotional bit of voice acting by Courtenay Taylor. Basically she goes over how teaching them helped her grow as a person and seeing them fighting for what they believe in made her proud. So of course it was cut to put in that static gun turret scene. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Jack romance was really skeevy with the whole "heal ptsd with my dick" angle.

Pretty much this. They could have done something similar to Femshep helping Cortez cope with the loss of his husband with Jack in ME2 but they needed a third chick for MaleShep to bone along with Tali Stockphoto and Miranda "200 squats a day" Lawson.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Looks like they based FemRyder on her voice actress, Fryda Wolff.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Drifter posted:

I really don't see any resemblance at all between the two.

Also, that voice actor is hot as hell. :getin:

I know it is the joke that goons can't tell the difference between faces but yes there are some similarities. The eyes, nose, and jaw line are similar. It's the hair and game lighting that throws it off a bit.

Also Fryda is super cool on twitter so I'm excited she is getting a big break like this to star in a huge game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Moola posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I dock my spaceship into its butt or something

"Initiate docking maneuvers."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Like other people are saying Legion was supposed to be a lot earlier. If you use Gibbed to put him in the game he's got dialog still in game as soon as you finish Freedom's Progress. Legion is one of my favorite squad mates so its a shame things turned out the way they did. When the writer responsible for him left the team it left the ME3 geth feeling much shallower.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Drifter posted:

Turians were a joke compared to these little dudes. RIP

The Doc went out like a real hero.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Andromeda needs a varren squadmate equipped with a rocket pack.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Moola posted:

this is worse because in 1 he would actually be in conversations and your party acknowledges him

Sten / dog interactions are the best

I want a varren / krogan interaction like that.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Just curious about you Dragon Age 2 is good people. How much did you pay for the game? I can see paying five dollars for it making it much easier to accept what a terrible game it is compared to paying release day sixty dollars or more.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Just curious about you Dragon Age 2 is bad people. How many times did it gently caress you in the rear end? I can see complaining about a bad game for awhile after it comes out, but how long do you have to keep such a hateboner for such a bland game?

lol

I was not sodomized in the butt by a Dragon Age game written by Chuck Tingle.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

homullus posted:

Were you an adult before the year 2000? I can see thinking it's terrible/worrying about cost-benefit if your gaming history and budget were pretty limited.

I'm curious as to why my question seems to be getting on people's nerves. It's not unfair to say what you pay for something can have some influence on what you think of it.

As an example as much as I disliked the ending to ME3 I still got more than normal value out of what I paid due to multiplayer's replay-ability.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Because the question isn't about value, it's just another way of you telling people they're wrong for having their opinions.

Not my intention. People are free to have an opinion about anything they want. That being said DA2 is still a bad game. You can still enjoy it for one dollar or sixty but it's still a bad game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

If it wasn't your intention, then why'd you bother asking the question? Because the very very obvious answer to why some people like dragon age 2 is "People like different things, weird poo poo." Kind of like everything else in existence that people may or may not like.

I'm not sure why you are getting so mad about it. Especially if you misunderstood where I was going with my question.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Moola posted:

who witches the watchmen???!

Which witch watches the watchmen while witching?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

So many people butthurt about opinions in this thread.

That reminds me of something my grandfather would say. "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them and they are often full of poo poo." He also said the prevent defense "prevented winning."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Ramadu posted:

This is the only one you need.

The Bioware forum post so horrible Bioware openly mocked it in the Citadel DLC.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Moola posted:

if Wrex died in your play through

you hosed up

This man speaks truth.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A new thread cycle is born. And the discussion of alien loving is always on the bottom. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

The appeal of the MAKO wasn't so much exploration as running over Geth.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Verviticus posted:

do we know who the voice actors are for male/female ryder

nm, figured it out

Fryda Wolff is going to own it as FemRyder.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

euphronius posted:

Just realized Sheppard commits tons of sexual harassment and should be sued into oblivion

Here on the SSV Daddy Issues there is no human resources department.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Quorum posted:

I'm pretty sure the person responsible for recruiting and dealing with personnel issues that might interfere with productivity would be the de facto Human Resources department, sooooo...

Kelly Chambers might be human resources but she's just as horney as Shepard so that is out the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKr7fpiCfE

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

The best part of the early game bunkers was assembly line melee ganking a line of geth as the plodded in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Lots of people forget that Grunt wasn't made to be the perfect soldier. He was made to be the idle krogan template to try to out evolve the genophage. Of course he was made by krogan Mengele so it's nice Grunt turned out so chill.