Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I still haven't gotten around to playing the Citadel DLC (or any other ME3 DLC, but Citadel is apparently the only one worth caring about). I'm pretty sure my saves are still around on some EA cloud server and I could jump right into the DLC, but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

also it's impossible not to read "The Reapers" in Mark Meer's voice.
Either that or Bolo Santosi from Just Cause 2. "De Ree-pahs".

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I think the giant robo-skeleman is supposed to fit inside the Reaper shell and fly the thing, or something to that effect. I'm not sure if that is ever mentioned in the game or if it's just fanwank.

e:fb

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I really liked Cerberus better in ME1, where they were these cartoonishly evil morons who would constantly get their own people killed in stupid experiments and couldn't be trusted to run a lemonade stand (they'd probably mix in some thresher maw acid to see what happens), let alone something like Project Lazarus.

Of course, the facility at the start of ME2 is also on fire and everybody's getting killed horribly, so that sounds about right for a Cerberus operation.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Adepts in ME1 are locked to using pistols by default, but they can at least use other weapons if you get the "kill 150 dudes with this weapon type" achievement which unlocks that weapon for all classes.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

I always found pistols to be the secret best weapon in that game anyway, much like Alpha Protocol.
They pretty much are, Marksman is ridiculously good.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Nevets posted:

This was my biggest disappointment in ME3, even worse than the lovely options in the ending. You finally get to see what a Quarian looks like inside their suit. They eat weird food, have long snouts on their helmets, only 3 fingers; must be pretty weird right?

Ha, ha, gently caress you! Just space elf flavor #23.
Eh, in ME1 you could see the upper half of Tali's face pretty well through the helmet, and it just looked like a human face with some glowy eyes so I pretty much just assumed "space elf" from the start (I guess they could've given her a horrible monster mouth like Mileena in Mortal Kombat has). I agree the way they revealed it in ME3 was about the most hilariously low-effort thing in that game, and that is saying something.

edit: I'm replaying ME2 at the moment and have been wondering if I should just ignore the N7 sidequests. Do any of those missions affect ME3 in any way?

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 16, 2016

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

What would the synthesis ending for this thread be? Shitposts merging with... uh, more shitposts?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I tend to pick the default appearance because it's generally more presentable in cutscenes than the horrifying mutant monsters I always manage to make in the character creator.

Chomp8645 posted:

So if someone changed Shepard's hair cut and left everything else alone that would count as a non-default appearance.
You can't do that, though. The default shepfaces can't be modified, if you pick the custom face option it gives you a different face to mess around with (less noticeable on pre-ME3 femshep)

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 5, 2016

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

At least they eventually added the mirror of transformation in a free DLC.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I'm trying to activate these seismic hammers on Eos, but it seems I have to talk to this one NPC before I can do anything with the second hammer. First time, the NPC didn't spawn at all and only his objective marker showed up, so I tried to get him to appear by saving and reloading. That at least made him spawn, but now when I try to talk to him the entire game locks up and I have to close it from the PS4 dashboard. Great job, lads. :thumbsup:

This seems to be a known bug, so hopefully it gets sorted out at some point (along with the million other bugs in the game).

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Yes SAM, I know this ice planet is dangerously cold. I don't need to be reminded of it every single time I come out of a safe zone, even if I'm not currently busy trying not to get killed by this Architect.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The seismic hammer quest on Eos appears to be broken for me as well, I think I'm meant to talk to an NPC at the second site but there's nobody there, the marker just points to an empty space. I guess that's one Architect I won't be fighting.
You should be able to get the NPC to show up by saving and reloading the game. Then you can talk to him and cause the game to lock up! (I eventually managed to talk to him and fight the Architect, after coming back 15 hours later)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

This movie night better be worth it after all this bullshit I'm having to do to get things set up. Obviously, it won't be.

(sidequest spoilers)

Liam: "Go download some movies from the Nexus archives!" Sure, I can do that next time I visit the Nexus, whatever.

Suvi: "We need snacks for this movie night thing and I found this cool recipe, go buy some gross plant on Aya so I can make the snacks!" Well, I had some stuff to take care of on Aya anyway so I'll keep an eye out

Vetra: "These snacks Suvi made are loving awful and I'll also die if I eat them, go buy better ones on Kadara!" :what: well this is getting kind of ridiculous but whatever I guess, I'm still playing this so it's not like I value my free time

Jaal: "Your Milky Way movies are terrible because they don't even make use of our superior angaran VR tech, I told Gil to build a proper setup so go buy some components for it on Aya!" From the same loving vendor who sold us the plant earlier and didn't have these in stock at that point! :shepicide:

Getting all the planets to 100% viability required less work than this, and I bet there's still at least three steps to this nonsense. For the most part I've been enjoying the game because my brain is horrendously broken, but the design of this sidequest is pretty much me_andromeda.txt.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 1, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I'll trust a person who read all the Mass Effect tie-in novels to know what real quality is.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I tried once, he wanted nothing to do with it :iiam:
Sever.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Speaking of exploration, I love how BioWare justified the Nomad's lack of weaponry with "Well, it's an exploration vehicle!" It's not like all of these planets are chock full of hostile wildlife and space pirates or anything! :downs:

You'd think that someone might install a gun on the thing at some point, but no.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I got about $10's worth of enjoyment out of Andromeda. Unfortunately, I paid a lot more than that when I bought it. :eng99:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

If you want to play this for some reason, get Origin Access (or EA Access for the Xbone, no PS4 though) for 5 bucks a month. I think there's a free 1-month trial as well, so you could probably play through the whole thing and then cancel without having to pay anything.

That is, unless you get bored after a couple of hours, which is a fairly likely scenario.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 5, 2018

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I do every sidequest on every ME1 playthrough, including the DLC. :unsmigghh: (well, maybe not Pinnacle Station) I do the same with ME2 and 3 as well, but ME1 is my favorite of them all even though it's technically the worst game of the trilogy.

I have no idea why I do all the sidequests, because I'm not a completionist in most games and have absolutely no plans to do a completionist run of Andromeda because gently caress that "fetch ten space bear asses" MMO quest design. As for ME1, I think some of the sidequests in that game are pretty cool (like stumbling on a derelict freighter full of husks, or dealing with the clown college for supervillains that Cerberus was introduced as), and it's mainly the constant reuse of assets and maps that drags that stuff down for me. I'm also one of those broke-brained weirdos who genuinely like the Mako, because there's something really chill about driving that bouncy castle on wheels and trying to scale mountains with it.

Man, now I want to play ME1 yet again. I hope EA/BioWare update the trilogy for the Xbox One X at some point (which I think is more likely than a similar update for Andromeda :v:), because playing the games at 4K and with improved graphics/performance would be cool even though you can already do that on PC.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've found that ME1's pretty fun if you just ignore literally all the side poo poo (except the moon mission) and beeline the main story missions. I haven't tried that approach with Andromeda but I'm not optimistic it'd feel too much better
You can't really avoid all the open world bullshit in Andromeda even if you try to beeline for the story objectives, so I don't think that would work very well.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 6, 2018

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Virgil: Prothean VI Superstar

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I really should never uninstall ME1-3, I always end up wanting to play them a few days after doing that. Then they take forever to reinstall because I also need to set up all the huge-rear end texture mods again. Well, I don't need to, but the original textures don't hold up so well when you blow up the resolution to 1440p or 4K.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Yeah, I have absolutely zero hope for Anthem. I guess it's possible the game might somehow find an audience, but I really doubt it because Anthem just doesn't seem like the kind of thing anyone wants at this point.

Sure, Andromeda was basically what came back after EA buried Mass Effect in the pet cemetery in the woods behind their offices, but at least there were still a lot of people out there who wanted to play Mass Effect so there was an audience there. I can't see Anthem getting much attention at all.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

The Nomad really should have a gun. I know it's an exploration vehicle, but after the 28th time you run into a hostile pack of wild animals or a group of kett you'll wish someone would just install a cannon on the stupid thing already.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

because mako combat was bad
You could disintegrate humanoid enemies with the cannon, ram into geth primes at full speed to send them ragdolling down cliffs, and use the jump jets to crush them. That poo poo owned :black101:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Between ME2, New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption, 2010 would've been a great year for games even if they didn't release anything else that year. And I don't even like ME2 all that much.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Moola posted:

2 is the best because it had the least "Reapers" poo poo, which was the worst part of ME
I thought everything involving Sovereign was great, but I doubt BioWare had any idea what to do with the Reaper plotline afterwards so they just kinda made it up as they went along and then we ended up with what we saw in ME3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

orcane posted:

Nomad the lovely APC for unknown worlds, that doesn't have permanent all wheel drive unless you research it, and can't keep it on all the time because driving around needs to be a "puzzle" or something.
:thunk:
And because it's an exploration vehicle, it can't possibly have a gun. Even after we've landed on a bunch of hostile planets where something tries to murder us every five seconds, we can't even consider installing a turret on this stupid thing for self-defense because it'd be unethical or something.