Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Mymla posted:

She couldn't have a worse haircut if she tried.

Don't know what you're talking about, primo waifu material there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Can I gently caress the Krogan?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

What the gently caress Bioware. 4 games you had to get this right.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

BrianWilly posted:

Ryder's proportions are completely normal.

Shepard is an apex specimen, I agree, but the fact is that human beings have more than one body type.
Yeah, why bother sending people that are actually in excellent physical condition on a long rear end Noah's ark style voyage where medical resources are likely to be scare and conditions are likely to be physically taxing when you can send Jane and Joe limpdick over there instead.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Skippy McPants posted:

As for Peebee, it's too soon to tell. Although she does not appear to be Sera, for what that's worth. From the previews, it looks like her character skews more quirky weirdo and less insufferable git.

You shut your dirty drat whore mouth.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Schlesische posted:

Is it worth $80? No.

... But you haven't played to full-game yet. :shepface:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Burkion posted:

Why the gently caress couldn't you

I will warn- on the first planet you will suck and die if you don't keep to cover and charge sparringly

After you get your real super powers and the Vanguard profile, you will become a God and regain shields by both charging and punching.

So yes be a Scrapper and scrap their poo poo

To be fair this is only the case if you play on Hard or higher.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

If you aren't playing on Hard or above you are casual filth :colbert:

My problem with Bioware games on higher difficulty is that all they are "Increase enemy HP and Damage" which basically turns every fight into poo poo that takes too drat long.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Utnayan posted:

And you are a loving idiot who hasn't contributed to a God drat thing your entire life, and that includes words on the internet while you try to continue to troll, and you are so loving bad at it I want to give you some lessons on the art. We could start by everyone looking at your poo poo post history. At least I am consistent and do have ethics in game design. Go snort some coke and have a heyday on another forum. I've been here since 2002 you little gently caress.

Now, with that said...

I love the loving Goons. GOONS ROCK.

I don't want to see Goons spending their money on poo poo. I didn't want to see them spending money on the Switch, which is poo poo, and I do not want to see them being conned into this loving disaster either.

We have a choice my friends. And this goes to the anti shills. And Christ, even the trolls which I love.

You saw this loving pile of poo poo hook line and sinker this last week. You had a chance to play your 10 hours (I guarantee you someone will quote that and say how much of a great time they had in shitville), and you saw, for real, how poo poo this game is.

I want you to ask yourself this. How long have you been playing games. And I also want to ask you how many times have you wanted to have more games to play like Witcher 3, Zelda BOTW, Horizon, all the way down to Bioshock (Whether you liked it or not at least it was loving cool). Break this God drat cycle of poo poo in a box. DO NOT buy this poo poo. FORCE EA to keep releasing titles like BF1.

Yeah. I know exactly how EA operates. I know EXACTLY how this pile of poo poo was developed. I know exactly how they didn't care and expect you to pay for poo poo in a box when it is now EVIDENT it is poo poo in a box.

Imagine 15 games like Horizon Zero dawn a year compiled with 10 games of BOTW for the year. Or 15 the last of us's for the year.

WE CAN HAVE THAT IF YOU STOP BUYING THIS BULLSHIT.

SO START NOW AND PRAISE JESUS CHRIST.

Already bought it.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Utnayan posted:

Wrong. I have been doing this since 2002. Talking about which games deserve our best (Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda) and which games deserve not buying into any poo poo what so ever. ME:A, DA:I, poo poo. I even bashed Witcher 3 for the downgrades in their marketing ads, look it the gently caress up. And I still loved that game and love their company but what they did there was bullshit. And you and I know it is bullshit.

Of course they do.

But Zelda is incredibly overrated. And Horizon is just another generic Ubisoft open world collectathon with a pretty setting.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Walrus Pete posted:

This is also how most of DA2's companions happened

I liked Meril and Isabella tho' :(

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Skippy McPants posted:

P.S. What the gently caress happened to this thread? When I went to sleep it was bad, but now I've woken on the other side of some nerd rage singularity.

Weaponized autism.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Drifter posted:

yeah I'm going to rent ten hours of a 40+ hour game okay dokey sure thing there, Beauregard.

To be fair it's not even 10 hours. If you ignore the obvious open world garbage collectathon it's more like 3 hours before you get cut off. That being said, you still come out a bit ahead if you get EA access and buy the game due to discount it gives you.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Good morning thread!
I have a lot of posts to catch up with (809) but I just want to apologise for not getting to Utaynan sooner.

You cannot moderate that which has no life.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

I wonder what'll happen when the other arks arrive with their SAMs, we know DadRyder messed with his, but will the other ones be connected to our SAM? Will it improve its capabilities?

My bet is that all the other SAMs have been somehow compromised and are responsible for none of the other arks getting in contact with citadel 2.0

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Given that I always unironically like games like Trillion and Alpha Protocol, based on what I've seen from the trial I think I'll enjoy this Treating this like another flawed RPG with some decent redeeming qualities rather than Bioware's Second Coming:4 Electric Orgasmaloo in the sense of the previously mentioned games, seems like a better approach than throwing an autistic poo poo storm.

Also, Bioware's writing was always kind of mediocre at best anyway outside of a couple isolated individual moments. Their plots are either simplistic, nonsensical, or fall into the Idiot Plot Trope category in a bad way (with the exception of DA:O). Their world building is good, but always suffers from really awkward exposition. The supporting cast's background is written but the dialog is trash; it basically devolves into "What would X archtype say?" + optional colloquial slang; ironically enough the only game to escape this lovely issue was DA:I, and the character that the best written dialog (Sara) has largely assblasted. Biowares games have almost always been carried by the fact that they're the only AAA dev making CRPGs, decent production value(which I suppose is me being redundant), good scene editing, music, and voice acting.

It's just another piece of mass media for our consumption. It's like the Marvel super hero movie of video games. I don't understand where people are getting this idea that it's supposed to be next LotR.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 19, 2017

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Milky Moor posted:

Those last three aren't there in this.

Alpha Protocol had a fantastic reactive narrative where your choices shaped all sorts of things. ME:A doesn't even appear to have something as binary as idealist/pragmatist.

Right, my point is that since the narrative going around that "It's not even really Bioware developing this" that Bioware was never that great to begin with, and that I don't mind playing a CRPG made by someone else. Also outside of Liam, the writing and VO work for the supporting cast has been pretty good (so far).

AP also had a horrible combat and character progression system (outside of getting perks for story events, that poo poo was neat), and hilariously bad (out of cut-scene [and even in cut-scene whenever something difficult to animate would come up, it would just pan camera to black]) animations. It was a janky game with something really decent at the core. ME:A will probably be the same, even if it's not the same thing at the core.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 19, 2017

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Drifter posted:

I never minded AP's combat, since I knew it was stat based and not player-skill based - like most rpgs. It was just in a different and confusing package for that type of combat.

I hated the hacking minigames. Everything else was pretty fantastic, imho.

It was both. If you weren't aiming well you would miss by default, and even if you were you would miss by RNG. Hacking minigame (the software one not the hardware one) was fundamentally broken on M&K but was okay on controllers, but you cannot tell me with a straight face that this game had good animations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyD62XH-Tl0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

People who put stock in scores are idiots, it's a completely arbitrary metric. Like, just read the review? Or is reading something longer than a tweet enough to overload your mind?