Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

Scott and Sara are just the defaults, per Mac Walters. You can still pick any name you want.

Pathfinder Lo Ryder reporting!

Dick Ryder is going to conquer this new galaxy. One penis at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The multiplayer was fun because you could play as a biotic god Volus.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

WHO THE FUCKS READY TO GO TO MARS?!

I like how people were wondering who would sign up to go to Andromeda.

Me. I would. Right now. Get me as far away from this planet as possible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

9-Volt Assault posted:

Can i still charge into peoples faces in Andromeda? This is important!!!

Yes. Maybe it will also be possible to go invisible, pop a tech shield, and then charge into someone too!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

Mass Effect 2 is also fun to play though. While I found the run up the Citadel spine visually interesting, it still came off as a slog due to ME1's wonky combat.

It was pretty fun to use biotics to throw enemies right off the map, though. I missed that in ME2 and ME3. The explosions were cool, but nothing was quite as fun as using lift and watching a Krogan sail off into space while you kept going up the Citadel.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zore posted:

uh, who else were you going to send besides Tali/Legion?

You first met Thane and he came out of a vent! Perfect guy! :shepface:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

All we can hope is that the lead bad monster has a blonde combover and a legion of proletariat rock men chanting "SEND THEM BACK"

Andromeda is going to build a wall around its system, and the Milky Way is going to pay for it!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think it'll be a good game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Titanic posted:

I'm looking forward to this game. It looks pretty fun, and outside of the end of ME3 that kind of killed it for me, I can get aboard a new galaxy of strange stuff to explore.

Does anybody know if this is planned as a trilogy or something? I guess naturally it depends on how well it does, but I'm gonna assume it'll do pretty darn well just because.

They said there will probably be sequels, but they don't want this to be like ME1-3 where it was Shepard's story. So any sequels will probably go the Dragon Age route with a new main character each game in the same universe.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope one of your squadmates is Marauder Shields.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Rockstar and Ubisoft have you covered.

Yeah, Watch_Dogs 2 just had a game come out that shows lovingly rendered dicks and vaginas. And I don't think anyone threw a fit about the nudity in DA:I or Witcher 3.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Then on top of all of that you have to consider that the first time someone plays Mass Effect (at whatever point they enter the series), they have no idea what an engineer or biotic is gonna play like or if it will be a good fit for them. But "armored dude with a gun" is self explanatory. The soldier is the natural "first play" class and for many people that's as far as it goes. It's the same reason people gravitate towards whatever class is most closely described as "fighter" in unfamiliar game systems. A dude with a big HP pool, good armor, and weapon expertise is always the easiest class to ease you way into a new game world with.

Bioware was mostly known for Knights of the Old Republic, where you could use blasters or a lightsaber and force powers. Biotics was kind of just another way to use the Force but without calling it that and with more of a backstory.

So I don't buy that people wouldn't have known how a biotic would have played. People knew it would have played like you're using the Force powers like push and barrier and all that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Moola posted:

I hope vangaurds can jetpack into the sky then charge

sky-charging is the new meta

I wanna jetpack into the sky, then pull the person to me, then charge them in the face in mid-air.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Please don't "ironically" post bad fan art.

New details.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/11/23/six-fun-activities-to-pursue-in-mass-effect-andromeda.aspx

quote:

Mass Effect Andromeda features the series’ largest universe to date. Previous games let us take on small side quests and visit planets for specific missions, but Andromeda is raising the stakes with less linear planets and hub cities, opening them up for greater exploration and more to do than ever before. “If you look at the trilogy, you see all the hubs we created and the side content that came off the hubs,” says producer Mike Gamble. “That’s one place to put it, but imagine that side content in a place where you’re not limited to keeping your weapon holstered. There are so many different elements we can bring in by putting it on those planets with exploration areas. It makes the number and the type of side quests that we can do that much more interesting, whereas before if you’re on the hub you’re kind of limited to a fetch quest type of thing.”

The planets you explore come in a variety of sizes. According to BioWare, some are bigger than anything it’s done before, so much so you’ll have to drive across them using the Nomad (the new Mako-like vehicle). Other planets are smaller and won’t require getting the Nomad packed up. Planets house a bevy of different discoveries, as you’ll find colonies, hidden dungeons, minerals, and other secrets to unlock on your journey. “This is the biggest we’ve ever gone, in terms of the number of pieces of content,” Gamble says. “Although we have a lot of different areas to go to, we want to make it so whenever you go to those areas, you remember them.” Some planets are on the critical path; others are completely optional. BioWare is providing a lot to do when you’re out exploring, but wants to keep a fair amount optional so the player can choose how much they want to invest in the experience.

When we visited BioWare for our cover story trip, we asked what we’d be able to do in these larger spaces. “There are combat-related encounters, puzzle-related encounters, narrative-related encounters, and a lot of things will happen that add more depth to the critical path,” Gamble says. While BioWare wants to leave some surprises, it discussed some of what you’ll find as you search planets. Here are our biggest takeaways.

Loyalty Missions
As we reported, loyalty missions, which were a highlight of Mass Effect 2, are back. These narrative-focused quests allow you to learn more about the allies around you, having you decide if helping them is worth it to improve your relationship. If you’ll remember in Mass Effect 2, loyalty missions often brought moral dilemmas, such as when Zaeed wants to kill innocent people to ensure he can get his revenge on an ex-business partner. In Andromeda, these will be completely optional, but are worth pursuing if you want to get to know the people around you better. This is the only time individual characters have the spotlight entirely on them, and these missions can provide interesting backstory into how and why they became who they are. “Because they veer off of the critical path, it just allows you to tell very different stories,” says creative director Mac Walters. During our trip, we saw a loyalty mission related to the Krogran and it brought us to a new planet that we wouldn’t have encountered if we just stayed on the critical path. So doing them not only unlocks new story beats, but can lead to interesting, new places to explore.

Navigating With The Nomad
Planets are much more expansive than previous entries. You need the Nomad to make the most out of searching the majority of them. In fact, most planets have some sort of biohazard obstacles, such as sulfur pools and magma flow. The Nomad is essential for protection from some of these threats. With the Nomad, you can boost and jump to get past hazards or fit into nooks and crannies to find hidden items. “A big focus for us is making sure that the Nomad handles better, drives better, cascades better – that it has all the nimbleness that the original Mako did without any of the frustrations,” Gamble says.

Tracking Down Drop Zones
Whenever you enter an area, you’ll want to scour to find drop zones for forward stations. Using this tech, you can reveal all the points of interest on the map. This is also how you establish a fast-travel point, and you can change your loadout here. While the points of interest give you a hint of where you want to explore, BioWare also wanted some surprises along the way and to encourage you to go off the beaten path. “We don’t want to just give you map markers to follow,” Gamble explains. “We want you to explore, and find things, and stumble upon them. We really wanted to do that for players because it teaches them to go outside of the roads, and that is what the game is all about and why we give you the Nomad.”

Taking Out Enemy Bases
As can be expected, not everybody is going to get along and want the same thing in Andromeda. Danger can always be lurking around the corner. As you explore different planets, don’t be surprised if you stumble upon an enemy hideout. “On most planets there is some level of hostile force, and usually that will be represented by enemy bases or hideouts or whatever you want to call them specific to that planet,” Gamble explains. The majority of the planets you visit will feature at least one of these to take down and obtain some worthwhile items. “These bases are pretty lengthy to take out, so if you approach one, you want to be prepared before you into it,” Walters explains. It’s fun, because there’s a combination of systemic and scripted stuff in there. If you tip off too many enemies, the alarms start going off and you have to shut them off. And there’s usually narrative tied around it.” The bases all play into your role as the Pathfinder, but they're an optional activity. “As a Pathfinder the whole idea is exploring and creating viability in this cluster, eliminating those hideouts is a part of that,” Gamble says.

Epic Optional Fights
For those who want plenty of experience and goodies, intense battles are around you to make the most of. Sometimes it won’t just be enemies attacking you. Two factions might be fighting and you can join in, knock them both down, and reap the rewards. Even more enticing is that planets also contain their own super-bosses, which are massive creatures that you can often spot from a distance, always enticing you to test out your skills. These aren’t just battles you can expect to win at a low level or without some serious practice and upgrades. “You’ll find creatures and encounters that are so far overleveled to where you’re at naturally on these areas and you can tell right away,” Gamble says. “We have a lot of other things like that, where you’ll know that you’re not ready for this, but you’ll know you want to come back.” Gamble said the team worked hard to make sure players had some cool things like these to return to after they beat the critical path.

Scanning
You’ve traveled to the Andromeda galaxy, which is completely foreign to you. Part of your task as Pathfinder will be to learn more about every planet you visit. As you explore, you might stumble on technology or rocks that you can scan, allowing you to send the data back to your ship. The more objects you scan, the sooner you have access to better technology, so this will be essential. “Scanning is one of the most important exploration tools you’ll have in the game,” says producer Fabris Condiminas. “You’re in a new galaxy; there are a lot of things where you just have no clue what’s going on. The scanner is a way to capture what is in your environment, send the information back to the Tempest to analyze it, and find those clues that we add to the codex, which might also give you access to crafting pieces, for example.” Crafting allows you to make better weapons and armor.

So far it looks like BioWare is giving you plenty of options for how you want to spend your time in Andromeda. Another thing you’ll encounter is Vaults, which we saw in the PS4 Pro trailer. These are more puzzle-based and tired closely to the narrative, so BioWare is keeping their purpose and function mysterious for now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CottonWolf posted:

It's literally just DA:I in space, isn't it? They're not even hiding it. Also, if scanning means Metroid Prime style scanning, my inner Collector might have an aneurysm.

It does sound to me a lot like they're talking DA:I and putting those concepts here. Each planet is going to be like a region, and you establish bases and run into superbosses that would be like the dragons in DA.

But it does sound like it might be bigger.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DA:I with better combat and less collectathons sounds good to me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

quote:

The Mass Effect series is built on a single-player foundation, but Mass Effect 3 added a compelling cooperative multiplayer mode. That was a risky move for a story-driven RPG, but it paid off for BioWare, drawing in many players who normally stuck to the series’ solo campaign.

Multiplayer returns in Mass Effect Andromeda, and we got to play a few rounds when we visited BioWare’s Montreal studio. If you enjoyed Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer offering as much as we did, then you’ll probably be happy with what the team has in store with Andromeda. However, this new iteration isn’t just recycling the same mechanics. The framework is similar, but BioWare is making some key changes to make the experience deeper and more rewarding for players of all skill levels.

1. Less Hunkering
One critical strategy in Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer was figuring out the most defensible points on each map, and then staying in those spots for as many waves as possible. While increasing pressure from advancing enemies certainly made combat feel dangerous, hiding behind a few crates for the majority of a match isn’t the most exciting way to approach multiplayer.

Andromeda is doing more to keep players on the move. For instance, some enemies are specifically designed to flush you and your team out of hiding, while others are intended to force you into cover. When each of those foes are on the map, no one location is easily fortified, so you have to spend more time out in the open and fending off foes on the run.

That may have been a death sentence in Mass Effect 3, but the new powers and mobility options you have in Andromeda are tailored to these situations. Defensive play is still important, but now players have more offensive options, and more variety in the combat scenarios that arise.

“The first thing everyone will notice is how dynamic it is,” says producer Fabrice Condominas. “Everything is more fluid, fast-paced, there’s a lot of action going on. The controls are also more responsive. All of that is on purpose; we really wanted to increase the dynamism and how accessible it is while retaining the depth and going more into layers.”

2. Power Cooldowns
The gunplay in Mass Effect 3 was fun, but the main feature that set the multiplayer apart was how you used your special powers – both by yourself and in coordination with your team. The team is amplifying this in Andromeda by putting powers on individual cooldown timers, rather than having them all attached to a single global timer.

That may not seem like a big deal, but the increased versatility and initiative it affords you in combat makes a significant difference. In Mass Effect 3, the global timer meant that you were briefly locked out of all of your powers when you used any one of them. This made some players hesitant to use a power in a tight spot for fear that a more pressing demand for a different power was just around the corner. That’s not a concern anymore; when you use a power, you only need to wait for that particular timer to recharge. That gives you more freedom to use the tools at your disposal.

“You can dump everything at once if you want to, or strategize and hold off until the right situation,” says lead designer Ian Frazier. “So you can do a lot more interesting combinations.”

The global timer also made it challenging to prime and detonate powerful combo moves solo. With that restriction removed, you have more access to these techniques within your own repertoire – though you should still coordinate with teammates to get the most out of them.

3. The Jetpack
All of the obvious advantages you would expect from a jetpack are present in full force. You can hover above enemies, quickly surmount obstacles, and maneuver quickly from side to side. It has limitations, but going airborne is still fun (once you get used to being mapped to the button that made you take cover in Mass Effect 3). “It’s not a permanent rocket that you use to fly around,” Condominas says. “There is a beginning and end to them – a momentum curve – based on when you do your input.”

However, another important aspect tied to the jetpack is a new element of verticality to multiplayer maps. Even though Mass Effect 3’s maps had different tiers, you had to move between them using either ladders or ramps, which slowed down the action. The jetpack allows you ascend quickly and easily, which makes the battlefields feel more interesting and unpredictable.

In one session we played, an elevated command room separated lower platforms on either side. The higher ground (and superior cover) make it desirable, but it isn’t impenetrable. By tossing a singularity to take the exposed enemies out, our team was able to swiftly fly up into the room and wipe out the remaining foes – regular Kett grunts. We then used our advantageous position to fire down at enemies on the opposite side. The fluidity is difficult to describe, but when you use the jetpack, the freedom of movement feels like a big step up.

4. Going Shopping
The blind card packs are returning for Andromeda, so the new weapons, character kits, and items you obtain are determined by luck. You buy the packs with in-game currency you earn from playing. You can also purchase them with real money, which doesn’t give you access to anything that you can’t buy with the in-game alternative. Even so, if there’s a particular weapon you want, or a race/class combination, it can be frustrating to burn through pack after pack and never have the cards come up in your favor.

Andromeda provides players a way to bypass the grind. You now have access to a store that sells a limited assortment of loot on a rotating basis. Yes, there’s still an element of chance involved in what items the store sells, but at least you know what you’re getting.

“If you don’t want to be at the mercy of the random number generator for the cards, you’re still at the mercy of what’s in the store right now, but it’s like, ‘Oh, that’s the Black Widow and I really want it!’” Frazier says. “You can buy them with real-world money if you want to, but again, nothing requires that.” If you want to shop at the store, you need to spend “mission funds,” a new currency different from the credits you use to purchase blind packs (but which are still acquired by playing the game).

5. Prestige
One of the biggest challenges for any multiplayer mode is hanging onto players over time. Long-term rewards help to keep them invested beyond the simple enjoyment of playing a fun game. Mass Effect 3 saw continued support for a year after release, but even so, the progression plateaued. “If you really got into the ME 3 multiplayer, you could always collect more cards and get more items, but at a certain point, you’re playing because you like to play,” Frazier says. “There was no systemic benefit at a certain point.”

Andromeda addresses that with the concept of prestige XP. As you play, you accrue prestige XP alongside standard XP. Instead of being used to advance a single character, prestige XP accumulates across a particular character styles. For instance, characters that occupy a tank role in combat share prestige progress, so any time you play one of those kits, you earn XP building toward their next prestige level. When you hit that threshold, you earn a bonus – like a health boost – across all characters (not just the tanks). The more you play, and the more you vary your playstyle, the more of these prestige bonuses you will earn. This is a slower burn than standard progression; we didn't get enough hands-on time at BioWare Montreal to see the prestige mechanics in action, but the idea has us excited to sink time into Andromeda's multiplayer.

The Big Question: Campaign Tie-In
The most conspicuous mystery surrounding multiplayer right now is its connection to the single-player adventure. The team has confirmed that such a connection exists – this isn’t like Dragon Age Inquisition, where the multiplayer mode has no effect on your campaign. However, BioWare also knows that many fans didn’t like how Mass Effect 3 effectively twisted your arm to engage with multiplayer by tying it to your galactic readiness – and thereby impacting your ending. The degree to which single-player and multiplayer are linked falls somewhere between those two extremes.

Here are a few things we know for sure:

The mission funds you obtain in multiplayer have “tendrils going out into the rest of the game,” according to Frazier.
In the single-player demo we saw, there was an option on the pause menu to jump straight into multiplayer.
“You will have possibilities to send teams to complete kind of side missions, or to do it yourself in multiplayer,” Condominas says. “That’s the idea.”
The team doesn’t want solo players to feel like they are obligated to play multiplayer. “If you feel cheated, we’ve done something wrong,” Frazier says.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/11/25/five-major-changes-to-mass-effects-multiplayer-and-one-big-question.aspx

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Shepard Shuffle is the best dance in the galaxy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looked like it was DA:I environments but with Mass Effect combat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I preordered the game. :shepspends:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

DAO was Biowares best game. This is undeniable. Baldurs Gate doesn't count because it was boring.

DA:O had the Fade and that whole terrible section where you're running back and forth from the Mage Tower and then the Deep Roads. It had very, very bad slogs in it.

ME2 on the other hand is perfect.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Serf posted:

Have they said much about the backstory of the game yet? Like that one video said "the remaining 20,000 humans" are on that big spaceship so like by that do they mean all the humans in existence or something? I've poked around a little but I haven't found much information on why they're leaving for Andromeda.

No, some humans were on the Nexus that left before the Ark. The remaining humans of the Initiative are on the Ark.

The Nexus had a combination of races all on it and will be the explanation why some areas will already have populations when you get there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah citadel was pretty stupid

Your gimmick posting is pretty stupid. :shepface:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

I agree that Mass Effect 3 has some amazing branching in a world where CD Projekt, Obsidian, and several dozen other developers never existed.

ME3 had an enormous amount of poo poo to track over three games. CDPR did some of that with Witcher 3, but not nearly to the extent Bioware had. So yeah, the branching is very impressive considering how many different choices ME3 kept track of from the previous two games.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

In Mass Effect 1 you could be an elite soldier and put your crosshairs right on a guy and miss them because of the weird dice roll mechanics they still had in place. That was bad.

However, console cheating to give yourself super speed was funny.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Regardless of if Shepard could use the scope or not, there's still a chance that you could have dedicated a lot of skill to it, line up a headshot, then the dice roll goes "nope you missed lol."

Removing the dice roll mechanics of the shooting part was a great decision for ME2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JawKnee posted:

was this a thing in ME1? I legit don't remember that. I remember aim-assist.

Yes, it was. You were not guaranteed to hit what was actually in your crosshairs. Aim assist could be enabled to make it more or less likely to hit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

poisonpill posted:

My character was making conversation with the gay mage dude and out of nowhere he starts hitting on me and, my character not being gay, and me also not wanting to play a Japanese dating simulator, politely declined. He had a hugely negative reaction and there were basically no more dialogue options for the rest of the game.

My character told Dorian he wasn't interested, but they still had friendly and somewhat flirtatious banter throughout the game and he turned out to be one of my favorite characters. I liked helping him to patch up things with his family.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Moola posted:

there is a 200% chance MEA will have powerful galaxy ending antagonists

I believe they've already said this isn't the case, and it's a more personal story. No big galactic threats, just trying to carve out a place for yoomanity to live and survive.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grissom is a fun mission. Go back and do it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The best Bioware faces were models that they scanned into the game. The faces created with their engine all look bad compared to those. Seems like they're not using any models for Andromeda? Doesn't seem to me, anyway, which probably explains why the Ryders look so blah to begin with.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ferrinus posted:

So wait, can you only slot three active skills at a time?

You also have your squadmates, and it appears that you can respec the active slots at any time.

It looks like they're making it so you can change your class/skills to suit your needs for encounters or to just mix up the gameplay.

This also isn't Dragon Age combat, where you have to rely on skills. It's a shooter, and your skills work alongside that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

RT is literally your shoot button already. You are still comparing to DAInq.

Now what are they doing with the face buttons? In the ME3 multiplayer (using a 360 controller for comparison) you used Y and the bumpers. In this, they show that you can use the bumpers individually for their assigned powers or together for a third power (gonna accidentally set off LB or RB when I mean LB+RB, I guarantee it). So what are they doing with the face buttons? They have shown you take cover by moving into it instead of pressing A to lock to it. So is A just jump now? Is it just accept/confirm? X is almost certainly still reload. If they differentiate the buttons for jumping and dashing, does that make B into the dash move? Is Y for grenades?

Press X to reload.

One will have to be for your jetpack. One for melee. And one for dodge/roll.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who the hell ever used shockwave?

The only time I ever used it was bowling over husks for fun. Otherwise it was a bad power.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also, isn't the power wheel still there? If so, it's only restricting your mapping the skills and not actually what you can use.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They've already shown that ammunition is its own thing now and not a power.

For the amount of bitching and worrying people are doing, they're not even looking at what's been presented.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They just said what the release date was. They probably were avoiding too much promotion in case they had to push it back.

People are just getting back to work from the holidays and the game has over 2 months before release. There is plenty of time to put out more information. Might also be that they agreed to give other people "exclusive first looks" or something so had to get those out of the way.

And yeah, people are already making up complaints that were shown in the one longer gamplay demo they did show.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can someone post examples of charge making enemies go flying in the past? The only times I remember that are when it was part of a biotic explosion. Otherwise it's meant to stagger and do damage, but the enemies stay close so you can shotgun/melee them to death.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

It doesn't give me any joy to think Andromeda will be bad, in fact I'd much rather it'd be good! It's just that nothing in the game's troubled development communicates that its creators or its publishers have any confidence in the product. Compare what we've seen of ME4 to another game I really really want to be good that's releasing around the same time, Horizon: Zero Dawn. We've had long form interviews with the developers, 30-minute gameplay footage of supremely cool poo poo like shooting robot dinosaurs, riding robot dinosaurs, and exhaustive descriptions of the game's features. So far the most gameplay we've seen out of Andromeda has been an unceremonious Nvidia tech demo, multiple high-profile people have quit the project halfway through completion, and the most we've heard about any of its game systems is "there will be stuff." Now is it possible that Horizon: Zero Dawn will be a piece of crap and Andromeda will be good? Of course, but one game demonstrates confidence and the other one just seems to be hiding and hoping you'll climb aboard the meme train. Time will tell but please do not pre-order.

One is a brand new console-exclusive IP.

The other is the 4th in a wildly popular series.

Where are your sources for ME:A's "troubled development" at? That people left the studio? They themselves have said they left after their parts with the game were finished before they left.

The game is over 2 months from a release date that was just confirmed this week. Do you want them to show everything now and have nothing for the next couple of months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Why does Mass Effect: Andromeda look like a mid-Xbox 360 era game?

It doesn't.