Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I agree with the not objectifying women part, but let's not get too carried away with Dolly's character.

I'm sure she's had plenty of Paula Deen style moments of old white woman racism, she's just been smart enough to never do it in front of a camera.

If we can only praise people who are perfectly immaculate then that's a pretty short list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

biracial bear for uncut posted:

This is a pretty weird thread for people to rally to the defense of a rural rich white woman, though.

You should probably not grossly misrepresent people in any thread.

quote:

It's easy to be charitable when you do it with someone else's money.

So you're against the entire concept of not for profit charities? I don't really understand what you're getting at here.

Edit:

Im sorry to hear about your cancer. I hope it's not serious. :(

Edit2:

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Unless she had to run somewhere :qq:

She could just roll wherever she needs to go, as long as it's downhill.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koalas March posted:

She didn't loving steal it, it was remixed by David Foster and given to her.

If anything it was musical reparations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Domestic Amuse posted:

Fixed for clarity.

Also, I fear that without Negromancer around, the chances of this thread getting locked or gassed just increased ten-fold.

Yeah, I don't see this thread lasting much longer, and there's nothing that can really be done about it. It was interesting and informative while it lasted, but once again I forgot what the moderation here is like. :sigh:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Noyemi K posted:

which salty uggo are you

This isn't the thread for you to have slapfights in.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Lowtax, what are you hoping the end result is going to be here?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Listening to what you people have to say and, while personally disagreeing with the notion behind it, letting you have what you want. Tell me which black person would make a good mod and I will mod them.

Fair enough, then. I'll support Koala's March as well in that case.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Long live the 'Tax man!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Believe it or not, but I actually try to be reasonable about things. That's why I'm loathed by both the right and left.

More like Loathetax

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koalas March posted:

A fellow Michigoon! What up doe!

I hope you have a nice time. Where is Colson speaking, U of M?

There's a shocking amount of us!

(I live in Holt, for example)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rockopolis posted:

Just made it through the thread, I wanted to say thanks for putting this together.
I've added Codeswitching to my list of podcasts, but what else should I listen to?

Does the thread have any opinion on Mafia III? It's AAA game starring a black dude, set in Louisiana in '68. Opening sales were pretty strong, but it got panned by critics for bland gameplay.
Other than that and Watchdogs 2, I don't know of any other big games that have black protagonists.

Pokémon lets you be a black person now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

That may not have been the right answer.:stare:

Might not be a great thing. We've all seen how anime portrays black people, and uhhh...

They don't have unique models, just skin color. So no hemorrhoid donut lips.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Lowtax, I think a lot of us would feel better about your decision to demod KM if you could just point to three probations she made that you don't agree with and why. Give us solid reasons for your decision. That should be easy, right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Okay how about this: Negrotown can have its own subforum, and KM can mod it.

Ok, cool. Do it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Did KM even hand out any probes that were longer than a day? Every probe I saw was well deserved and the length was light-handed. Honestly I don't think that having a total of a whopping three whole threads that have harsher norms is all that restrictive, but what do I know.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

I don't appreciate folks just trying to troll me when I'm attempting to have a legit discussion.

While having this legit discussion could you point to the specific examples that led to KM's initial de-modding?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

That's a different issue that I will be addressing later.

Addressing how, exactly?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PupsOfWar posted:

*jubilee's mom voice* honey, have you tried...not being a racist

It was Iceman's parents. Jubilee was never in the movies because Jubilee sucks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

One request: "If the black folks here feel uncomfortable with your posting, or ask you to leave, loving leave. Respect our boundaries. Otherwise you will be probated or banned."

I don't like that at all. Could you please remove that?

What's wrong with it, exactly?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

It's absolutely unfair to give one group of people with a certain skin color the power to force others of a different skin color to leave a thread. That is absolutely racism.

It has never once been simply because of a posters skin color.

E:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Huh? I was just pointing out that it's funny how both sides of the political spectrum equally hate the choices I make.

It was, like, one person. Not an entire political movement.

• Locked thread