Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Koalas March posted:

also Doc McStuffins is cool and good

Confirmed. My (white, Slavic) daughters love Doc McStuffins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Viola the Mad posted:

Ok, I'm gonna jump in here with the first dumbass white person question.

I, a white person, would like to eventually settle and raise a family in a diverse neighborhood. However, the migration of white people to non-white neighborhoods is associated with gentrification because, uh, we do kinda gentrify the living daylights out of new neighborhoods. How can I not be a gentrifying dick if/when I move to a non-white neighborhood? (I realize that "non-white" covers many more people than blacks, but I would like to know the black perspective at the very least).

Here's a good start - A Caucasian's Guide to Black Neighborhoods

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Lawl, holy poo poo KM. Who'd you piss off?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

For real, for loving real. I have never met an interracial queer couple in the entire time I've been out. It's like you can cross one boundary or the other, but not both.

I know one.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Man KM and gf both got their own black threads. I gotta find some corner of blackness I can make my own.

Black creatives? Black film nerds? Black Didius Falco fans?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Well, GBS and /pol have invaded D&D.

What in the actual gently caress happened with white people?

They've always been like this but now they're emboldened (even further)?
:shrug:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

negromancer posted:

I just realized that Dominic Toretto from the Fast and Furious movies is Goku but with cars.

Pretty much.

Also, I realized that (embarrassingly enough) I'd never seen Fist of Legend so I watched it tonight.

It's definitely the best Kung Fu movie that doesn't have the word "Dragon" in the title.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

A lot of rye whiskey, a lot of Bad Brains/Unlocking the Truth/Bleed the Pigs, and a lot of playing with my daughters.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Morby posted:

"I'm tired of people blaming me for Hillary losing and I'm tired of being told I'm racist! :qq:"

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Aren't the Humans of New York people doing interviews for people in Malcomb county? The name sounded familiar.

Yes they are (I live right at the corner of Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties). HONY's fetishization of the poor, poor white people in Macomb county is dumb as hell.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Don't read the comments on Facebook :negative:

I know better'n that.

Death Bot posted:

The posts are bad enough honestly. Several of them are torso shots instead of bust shots like they usually are, I'm assuming because the white woman saying that Muslims are planning something and just want to take all the businesses (how???) realizes just how hosed up that is to say

Same with the old white guy carrying the flag who doesn't believe in racism. Name and shame that poo poo, HONY.

What's hilarious is that I can almost guarantee I know what/who she's talking about, and all those people are Chaldeans. You know, Iraqi Christians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

2 Dope Queens is pretty great. Their guests can be a little uneven though, thanks to the nature of comedy and comics. It's a pretty diverse guest list, though. Lots of POC and LGBTQ comics.

• Locked thread