Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Scent of Worf posted:

Yup

If the DNC runs another neoliberal globalist next election then I'm writing in Harambe

neoliberal globalist, for fucks sake american political discourse is dead

the left is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Remember when Obama got hurt in the polls and lambasted for saying

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.
"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Monaghan posted:

Maybe the next candidate shouldn't tweet poo poo like "Describe how you feel about student loan debt using emojis"

This way you don't have to hear a millennial speak

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So we already see from the first 4 days of Trump hires and signals that we're going to reinstate a global torture program (Jose Rodriguez); remove ourselves from climate study and pacts thus ending any serious halt to global climate change in the next hundred years (Myron Ebell); enter a golden age of Wall Street lobbyists influencing Washington Politics (Dimon and 13 others); phase out and privatize medicare (see: statement of Ryan last evening); drop millions from health insurance and see those with severe health conditions go bankrupt or die; return to "dictators maintaining order" politics by allying with Russia and Assad in Syria and thus act against the interest of our Middle Eastern allies and on.

But there was nothing at stake in this election. Hillary was corrupt you see, case closed, nothing to see here.

We're going to pivot left hard you'll see, it's going to be a really cool pivot and we'll take back the white house in like 8-12 years woohoo! I can smell the sweet victory now.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

There was a lot at stake and we failed to stop it because we nominated Hillary. Now that we are pivoting leftward we can maybe actually do something about it in the future.

Nah, we elected Trump. Your perspective is poo poo and you obviously will never learn

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Monaghan posted:

no one was arguing that there wasn't a bunch at stake so what the gently caress are you on about.

That the "I told you so clown car" on this forum has a complete and utter lack of perspective.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

chumbler posted:

If you did not vote, accept responsibility for helping Trump get into office.

No you see I am going to sit on the sidelines proclaiming every Democrat a neoliberal hyperglobalist corporatist nepotismo for the next 8 years, thus handing even more power to the Republicans and causing a generational victory on every major social and economic issue to my rivals.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

jBrereton posted:

Maybe the party that has championed NAFTA and similar deals could own up to the fact that many factories have gone abroad because of it, and suggest good ways to deal with rural/small-town poverty instead of treating slowly-dying swathes of the US like a particularly unpleasant foreign country to be sneered at from afar and raked over by VICE media grade anthropologists from a nice intellectual distance.

Donald Trump should ban robots or else he is poo poo out of loving luck getting manufacturing jobs up. Manufacturing production output is actually up in the US despite lost jobs and this will continue.

Look, the bottom line is that people wanted to Democrats to LIE better than Trump about building up manufacturing jobs in the Midwest. No one can do it. The jobs are going BYE BYE. Small towns will die.

The truth hurts but it's the truth and it is what it is.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Practically no one works in coal anyway, so I don't get why these people have any power at all. Like every other manufacturing or drilling type industry, production is up while jobs are down, and it's largely because of mechanization and robotization.

From 1965 to 2016, the number of workers has halved, and production has doubled.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Has this forum become such garbage that we have to constantly say "there were a number of major and minor factors that led to the election results and anyone who says it was one particular issue is very clearly wrong?"

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

"You're either with us, or against us."
- Dubya

Funny how Dems are using that now against their own...

So woke, very woke, drat

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Bill Maher is 100% right, we need a nasty motherfucker next time. It's too bad the democrats cannibalized DWS and Weiner cannibailized himself by being a shithead because we haven't had anyone decent since then to combat the GOP. Now we just have Obama/Clinton style millennial nice guys and poo poo for brain drum circle folk. We're in a lot of trouble if the meanest person the Democrats have in the next few years is loving Michael Moore.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

Weiner is an actual sex criminal and DWS was evidentially not all that as her strategy management in charge of the 50 states things, from what I read, meant the democrats were hosed over conclusively during the last two "none presidential" elections.

Yea my phone ate the part where I said Weiner cannibalized himself

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

DWS and Weiner? Do you mean PR cancer?

Only democrats are worried about PR. Republicans are concerned with winning elections. We've got nice guy Van Jones who is, half the time, agreeing with Republicans, sitting next to Corey Lewandowski and whatever that old fuckers name is who thinks it's respectable political conversation to ask people to look for a sex tape.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Some of you are clearly misunderstanding simple arguments (not surprising). We don't want Weiner or DWS back literally, but we need someone who acted like them back. In case you forgot, here's what the DNC doesn't have right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqprEihjXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_GRkMZJn4

Or maybe you guys want to lose with Bernie the Disney Princess and his little birdy. I don't know.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 12, 2016

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Condiv posted:

ok, so a vast majority of the population (having either voted for trump, or not having voted at all) is evil and unrecruitable/unreachable. what do we do now that evil has won?

Wait for them to gently caress poo poo up so badly we can come back with a hope and change message that recovered some amount of the lost 2016 vote.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

HorseRenoir posted:

The tables have flipped and now it's the Dems' turn to be the fiery opposition party against an unpopular administration, should they choose to be that.

Yea, which democrats are those fiery opponents? Those orators with steel in their belly again? Is that tammy duckworth or chuck schumer? lol

Condiv posted:

they won't come back (and you don't want them)

they're evil remember? we refused to appeal to them this election and win this election because they were evil

Can you take your strawmen and shove them up your rear end along with your pseudoconcern posting for central america?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Condiv posted:

you literally called them evil a post ago and implied that why we shouldn't have chased their vote this election. IMO, you're just throwing a tantrum looking for anyone to blame but abuela for her loss.

The gently caress are you even talking about

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

HorseRenoir posted:

Bill Maher is, was, and will always be trash and I'm glad that he hasn't been relevant in over a decade

So is Michael Moore but that doesn't make him any less right about what happened this election

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Condiv posted:

why are you responding to a question i asked chumbler? if you don't think the people who didn't vote for hillary against trump are evil then why are you responding to me?

You replied directly to me, are you losing your mind or was it some kind of dry sarcasm I was supposed to get

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

disjoe posted:

DWS wasn't thrown out because she was a big meanie, she was thrown out because she was an egotistical moron who would work against the DNC and its constituents if it meant she could hold on to power and publicity for one more second.

Again, it's not about what she or Weiner did, but the strength they brought in their argumentation and not putting up with GOP poo poo. I was arguing in favor of democrats who call out the crap and don't get talked over. We don't have anyone like that anymore. Don't say Bernie because his 1% of the 1% of the 1% speech isn't it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Speaking of Walmart, how many towns and local economies has Walmart singlehandedly destroyed at this point? Between McDonalds and Walmart, I am not sure the government even has a lion's share of blame in many many communities.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

They can all become temporary uber drivers until cars become autonomously driven

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

White guys don't have some inherent right to be the center of attention. No one is saying that white males are going to be marginalized and ignored, but LK is absolutely correct that white men shouldn't expect to have their issues become central planks in future campaigns if they aren't willing to provide equal time to issues that minorities care about. How is acknowledging that other people matter equally at all controversial to you?

I don't give a gently caress if people are voting democrat solely because they care about the environment and don't spend much time on minority issues, or only support BLM and don't give a poo poo about college debt forgiveness, or vote democrat solely because of women's health issues and don't give a gently caress about the environment as long as, holistically, all of these people have a voice and the agenda moves forward for all.

But hey, we like losing, and we like stupid arguments in the new democratic party so let's all just be stupid losers forever.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Bolton would be far worse than Rudy, there is no further discussion to be had.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Covok posted:

Serious question, 6 days out of the election, anyone know for reals how Trump supporters seem to be reacting to his campaign's post-victory actions?

About as retarded as the posters on this forum who spout the "SHE'S A CORPORATE GLOBALIST" line as if they are smart, they say things like "let's see how he does may be the best president ever, give him a chance xD xD :)"

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

I see we're at the "reinvent history to badmouth the Democrats" juncture of the post-election period.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

So he dismantles it and in 2012 Romney/Huckabee/JEB!/Perry/Gingrich (pick your favorite) is elected on the wave of "The Muslim Hordes are infiltrating this country and we need to re-establish the PATRIOT Act", what now? Like do you honestly believe Democrats would win a messaging war about how the PATRIOT Act and Warrantless Wiretapping were bad? You could sell this country that getting stabbed through the eye with a needle every day would prevent terrorism and people would gladly do it.

You're missing the point, at his drum circle and/or young libertarians weekly coffee and grindr meeting they are certain it would be very popular and not at all politically harmful to do X, Y and Z.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Talk about forming a new left party or whatever is dumb. If the left devours itself in the short term, the resulting Republican entrenchment is gonna need a new government to excise, not a new party

Sounds like the same wackadoos that formed the ultra small echo chamber at the democratic national convention, so I wouldn't worry about them

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Except we would actually be a party of the average American, and not the Uber rich fucks that ruin everything.

Except that's a load of poo poo, it'd be basically the Greens who have never had to compromise on any issues because they are politically powerless and irrelevant and they get the vote of a bunch of purity voters from now until forever. If they actually compromised and had power they'd become the democrats in half a day.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

BarbarianElephant posted:

The Democrats but caring about global warming a bit more.

That'd be problematic because if you're not giving equal time to every issue such as the economy or minority identity issues or whatever pet issue you have then you're "failing your constituents and the country" (see: the other thread)

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

NewForumSoftware posted:

if this thread is anything to go by we'll also have a eight year long performance by neoliberals attempting to normalize the poo poo policies that got them here in the first place

the schadenfreude would be delicious if it wasn't so sad

Crazy how you can't even win on these forums, the neoliberal sa posters are just too strong for you

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I wonder how much money and In what industries the people defending the status quo and neoliberalism make. It'd be an interesting analysis that's for sure :v:

I am a hedge fund manager at NeoGlobalCorp but my true occupation is good poster

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

NewForumSoftware posted:

hmm you make a pretty good point, let's just see what the rest of your posts have in this thread

:sad:

It was almost possible for Bill Maher to be more than 100% right that evening

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

NewForumSoftware posted:

lol you are actually agreeing with a television character who plays a liberal coastal elite on HBO

man this election must have been really hard for you

Liberal coastal elites own

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

I consider myself a veteran of the cold war having been born before 1989

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

"Corrupt" is the left's "tyranny" or "treason"

These words don't mean anything in America anymore

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Yea let's work with Donald Trump lol jesus christ dude

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

NewForumSoftware posted:

Well considering Obama re-signed the patriot act, the bush tax cuts, and a whole bunch of horrific poo poo in the name of compromise I don't see what's changed so drastically I guess. But at the end of the day it seems it really does come down to the fact that I don't see Donald Trump as some kind of fascist monster, just a really rich dude who said whatever it took to win an election who was always going to play ball with the elite in this country (he is one). Maybe in four years the country will have collapsed and we'll all be sitting around tire fires speaking about this in legend but I just have a hard time seeing that happen.

- The cowardly left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

NewForumSoftware thoughts

"Maybe we should all register Republican and change the party from the inside."

"Maybe if we all claim to be White on the next Census we can end racism once and for all."

"Maybe we can make McDonalds bring back the McRib permanently."

• Locked thread