Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Apraxin posted:

Also, what the hell is gonna happen to the GOP if he actually tries to follow through on his promises? Even most of the congresspeople who openly supported him are still super duper into neoliberalism and free trade. What're Ryan and McConnell gonna do if Trump really does start demanding to rip up trade agreements, slap tariffs on everything, and purge lobbyists from DC?

This is like the only long-shot reason I think McConnell might not nuke the filibuster for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Acid Haze posted:

My state went for Trump. Outside the normal strongholds: Madison, Milwaukee, and Janesville, It was overwhelmingly red. I don't feel at home here anymore. I don't live in the big cities, so I now know I'm basically living with big pockets of people who are diametrically opposed to me in political views at the very least. I don't feel I have a future here anymore. And really, my sentiment extends to the country as a whole at this moment. gently caress this country, how the gently caress did we let this happen?

I think we'll see a lot of self-sorting in the next few years. Red states will get redder and strongholds of progressives will get bluer.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
We are in the worst timeline.

quote:

individuals familiar with the Trump campaign’s thinking tell Foreign Policy the real estate tycoon’s cabinet is likely to include a mix of outside-the-box iconoclasts and establishment Republican allies, including even Bush-era foreign policy hawks.

Trump’s preference for political outsiders, especially those with private sector experience, has been reflected in his reported consideration of Forrest Lucas, co-founder of the oil products company Lucas Oil, as Interior secretary, and Steven Mnuchin, a Goldman Sachs alum, for Treasury secretary.

For secretary of state, a variety of names are under consideration, including Newt Gingrich, who loyally defended Trump through a range of controversies and gaffes during the campaign.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

JawKnee posted:

how do you feel they should have been more considered?

In the future we should count white male votes as 2/3rds a vote.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
https://twitter.com/shelbyfero/status/796524889637171200

Cool, let's MAGA.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Cigar Aficionado posted:

So just to get this straight, your new President is going to constantly, brazenly lie to the American people about what he's said, what he's done, etc, and that's just going to be mostly considered "whatevs", for the next 4-8 years?

Lol.

yep. Merica

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Bush didn't lie constantly in real time.

lol remember how it was almost treated like a problem that he might have been lying about things? What a rosy world that was.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Doctor Butts posted:

Country goes to poo poo the second Democratic voters stop participating in elections.

You've correctly read how this election went.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799972624713420804

SERIOUS ISSUES.

Context: Pence saw Hamilton last night and after the play was over one of the cast members (with the rest of the cast linking arms behind him) delivered this statement directly to him:

Aaron Burr posted:

Vice-president elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us at Hamilton: An American Musical. We really do.

We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents — or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir.

But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us.

We truly thank you for sharing this show — this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men, women of different colors, creeds, and orientations.

Truly the worst form of harassment possible!

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 19, 2016

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

TheBigAristotle posted:

We're not going to use nukes, but this guy really is going to gently caress everything up, isn't he?

He just cares about the sanctity of theater life. Also Trump is apparently not a safe-space cuck.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799974635274194947

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 19, 2016

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Fragrag posted:

He's the president-elect, of course he cares a lot whether the theatre is a safe place.

:vince:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Spacebump posted:

If faithless electors did that, the country would be in chaos.

There could be a couple faithless electors, but we'd need something like 37 of them to take the election to the House or give it to Clinton. That's like .00001% likely, based on my extensive mathematical research.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I feel like it's emblematic of what a lovely situation we're in right now where I really hope Romney gets a spot in Trump's cabinet.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/800057938165563393

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/800374558599548929

Sigh.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

SunAndSpring posted:

The art style of these reminds me of that lovely Neo-Nazi web comic where a white Christian kid gets adopted by an evil Jewish family.

They remind me of that lovely Jewish comic from the politoons thread where static Ziggy-ripoffs talk about how awful Palestinians are.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

speng31b posted:

You mean the one where all the people Trump is hiring now burn everything to the ground and salt the earth behind them, and all we can do is watch?

Imagine how many emails will be deleted.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
This line of grovelling dipshits is getting obnoxious.

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/800431408598646784

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Isn't Manifest Destiny like a super duper loving racist thing? Why would he suggest that or use that phrase

Because it's Bill Kristol.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

trump spent half a billion dollars of other peoples' money instead

Let's not forget the $2 billion of free media time he got.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Carl Diggler is a joke account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Watching Trump supporters implode has been kind of amusing at least.

https://twitter.com/therealbradg/status/804048624615198720

• Locked thread