Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Condiv posted:

wow

hillary supporters never learn huh? howard dean to lead us out of this pit? how about keith ellison, who called this result?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/keith-ellison-trump-win-2016-11?r=US&IR=T

It's clips like this that make me chuckle at people who say the media treated Trump to fairly and is part to blame, countless times this happened lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Gio posted:

"Telling it like it is" isn't just "having the balls to say politically incorrect" things, it's saying them with the same aggressive macho attitude Trump has. That's why douchebags like O'Reilly, Hannity, and Rush are popular.

There some sort of anti-pcness vote to this election, some think Trumpism is some sort of counter culture rise against pc. I just don't know how you measure it, if I believe the alt right was a big enough influence or where it's going.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Baron Porkface posted:

Again, fewer Republicans voted for trump than Romney. This election was decided by 10 million Democratic non-voters.

And Romney spent over 1 billion, Trump didn't so what? You disagree with a rising anti-pc sentiment?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Name one accomplishment of Donald Trump during the last 40 years.

lmao

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

BarbarianElephant posted:

There is no point having a self-driving truck if you have to put a warm body in it. No savings. They only do that now because self-driving cars are in *beta* and not really capable of driving themselves. And more importantly, because traffic laws say that there must be a qualified driver in a vehicle. Assuming that they will roll out fleets of self-driving trucks with depressed truckers in them doing nothing is like assuming the local building site will still have scaffolding up when the houses are finished and sold. As soon as they are legally capable of driving themselves, the drivers will be gone.

This is 100% incorrect, the safety savings alone will be staggering. It really depends what DOT decides to do as far as logging hours, will "driver assisting" count as dot logged driving hours?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

JeffersonClay posted:

I'm quite comfortable describing someone who voted for trump despite clear evidence of multiple sexual assaults as a piece of poo poo. you're clearly comfortable acting as their white knight.

Gee I wonder why people think sexual assault is presidential....assuming of course every allegation is true which only a moron would believe.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

HannibalBarca posted:

the tl;dr version is that conservatives hated the social democrats more than they were afraid of Hitler, who they naively assumed that they could control; the social democrats themselves were feckless and generally unwilling to resort to the violence which characterized the Nazi, Communist, and Conservative approach to politics; the Communists were more interested in abolishing democracy than stopping the Nazis via parliamentary democracy; and Hitler was ultimately a much more canny political operator than von Papen and Hindenburg had initially believed.

yikes that looks eerily familiar lmao

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Violator posted:

What does it mean that Clinton didn't campaign enough in Rust Belt states? Not trying to be stupid, but I assume her campaign spent a bunch of money on ads there and I'm surprised being there in person really matters that much today. I live near a mid-sized metropolitan area and I have no idea if either candidate campaigned in person near me and I don't know how doing so would have changed my mind on what I think of their policies. Does giving a speech, shaking hands, and having photo-ops in delis and coffee shops really make that big of an impact? Does this go back to the idea of "all politics is local"?

"Donald Trump really cares about me because he spent four hours in our state today."

It's pretty ballsy not to visit a state at all like Wisconsin, Trump gambled and held a bunch of rallies there I'm just assuming it had to help some.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/310039-donald-trump-wins-wisconsin-recount

Official Wisconsin recount is in, Trump picked up an additional 162 votes heh

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Calaveron posted:

There were a lot of cool, inspiring, historic pictures of Obama taken during his campaign trails: him addressing stadiums full of excited people, lights shining strategically to make him look awe-inspiring, tears and sweat streaming down his face as he gave impassioned speeches.

I cannot recall seeing a single picture of Hillary that was half as good as any of those.

passing out and being thrown in a van like a sack of potatoes i think really resonated with voters in a similar way

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

maybe hillary was actually awesome and her sycophants aren't responsible for letting an incompetent fascist win the presidency?

oh wait, no

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547

If I were the media or part of the DNC machine, I tool would flood all of the news with bullshit about Comey, or sexism, racism, electoral college, russia, anything to try to bury what actually happened.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
statistically, some of you fuckers voted for Trump and are just here lobbing bernie bombs i know it

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Not a Step posted:

I mean, she hosed up the most winnable election of all time by being a steaming pile of human refuse and ran possibly the worst campaign in living memory. Her campaign actively turned back volunteers trying to save the day from the campaign's own colossal incompetence. Yet she still refuses to accept any responsibility and just mutters 'russians' and 'comey'. The Russians didn't do poo poo except trick Podesta with a fake login and reveal how much the DNC hated the idea of fair elections. Maybe if the DNC had tried less skulduggery, the hacks wouldn't have been an issue?

If you walk away from this election with any impression other than Hillary is a festering pile of poo poo, I dunno what to tell you. She was real bad. Super bad. Legendarily bad.

People that their entire online persona is built up around someone like her aren't going to go down that easy.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

Kanye already said he's running in 2020 :newlol:

he tweeted #2024 after meeting with trump and getting a signed copy of his autobiography :colbert:

also, has your av ever changed at all? it's one of the very few i know who you are just glimpsing it hope that doesn't sound creepy

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

cheese posted:

And yet they won more electoral college votes and now have the Presidency, in addition to a majority of Senate and House seats. :iiam:

and state legislatures and governorships

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

if you spray paint the n bomb on something no matter the intent you are a racist

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

MizPiz posted:

It's a priviledged white creating a false sense of solidarity with black people by claiming he was called a "friend of the family lover."

Starting to see why people don't take liberals crying racism all that seriously.

The sense of solidarity is just what they want you to think, i was going to say just bored middle class white people that want attention but what he said.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Edible Hat posted:

You're both right: faked hate crimes undermine social justice and right-wingers latch onto these stories because they undermine social justice.

I don't think a white guy gets a pass for not being a racist for spray painting the word, but agree with you on the later these incidents are not "look no racism exists" like some groups portray.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm not sure where I tone policed, elaborate?

He wouldn't need defended if people didn't make up strange and unnecessary attacks. Is it ok if I just accuse him of being a rapist out of nowhere? Would it be wrong if someone defended him?

white guy sprays racist word on barn, racism call strange and unnecessary. presidential candidate and campaign spreads racist memes and innuendo nothing to see here folks. I think Hillary losing broke your brain dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Nevvy Z posted:

You said it was "racist regardless of intent" which is a weird and dumb thing to say. I dunno what the rest of your nonsense regarding the election is about, but it's probably irrelevant anyway.

you just keep calling what i say different names, you do realize that makes you look dumb right? Also, the latter half you called me a liar when i brought it up a week ago.

• Locked thread