Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I got two words for you folks: Basic income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

"Yeah, I wanna take your coal mine job. I wanna take it and bury it at that bottom of the mine, where nobody ever has to work it again. And I'm going to replace it with a safe job in a solar/renewable/green energy plant, where you get benefits and a full lunch break and overtime, and you can go home and enjoy your family past age 50 instead of dying of black lung so this rear end in a top hat doesn't have to pay full rates on his power bill for Trump Tower."

loving this

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Fullhouse posted:

it's laughable how this never occurred to anyone lol
mining coal is loving terrible. you think those people liked that poo poo? it was all they had

it would be even better if you used it to sell the smart grid too by going "oh yeah and the next time a big storm rolls through your state you won't lose power for weeks on end because you got these fancy utility batteries that are capturing your new solar panels."
but farttttttt

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

It's worth remembering that Bloomberg threatened a 3rd party run if Bernie became the nominee (ie essentially threatening to hand the election to the Republicans). There will absolutely be a lot of resistance to progressives taking control of the Democrat party.

I feel like Bloomberg wouldn't even get 10% at this point because he is just that much of an rear end in a top hat and his policies would satisfy no one.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:cripes:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HannibalBarca posted:

I think the problem is less that Sam B, John Oliver, etc. alienate certain demographics and more that they create a very complacent, insular worldview among liberals. And that complacent, insular worldview ended up being the hallmark of the Clinton campaign.

Yeah it's really not them but literally everyone who loving goes on facebook or tumblr next day and says "WATCH SamB and John Oliver DESTROY XYZ"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Homework Explainer posted:

it's funny to see the same people who called me a paid kremlin stooge mysteriously disappear from this forum after the election

just for the record you're still an idiot.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HannibalBarca posted:

Warren is no spring chicken herself. Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren, and others like them should be doing everything they can to recruit and empower people like them who are 20, 30, and 40 years younger to rebuild the Democratic party.

killary literally ruined the democratic party because of her ego lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

resar posted:

really hard to do that when your party leadership is Wall Street

looks like they are salivating at a trump presidency anyways.
literally nothing of value would be lost.

also ^^^^^ lol!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Fullhouse posted:

if robert reich ran for president I'd vote for him

he needs to gently caress off as does everyone who was in the fuckbarn clinton white house

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Reich joined Team Bernie from p much the get go

he can retire mate

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*runs the most data driven, organized, lockstep campaign in history*

*gets dunked on and loses to the political equivalent of the Washington Generals*

nothing to see here folks

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:bisonyes:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

Is rural New Jersey actually a real place even?

Edit: What is this guy even going after? Is it just "don't blame the elites for loving this up, please, I'm one of them"?

it's literally nowhere near as hidebound as this idiot is suggesting also not nearly as poor and backwards as this guy suggests.
lots of opioids though

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

so which city takes the crown for most "shaken but not stirred liberals" at this point.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Optimus Subprime posted:

In all of the craziness of the election, I totally forgot that the choices of a republican governor literally poisoned an entire city. HOW THE gently caress DO YOU NOT HAMMER THAT poo poo HOME!? It could literally happen to any city. If the bar is so low that you can promise that you will provide a safe drinking water system, poo poo should be in the bag. I'm seeing red right now.

"lol who cares with those people with bad food" -DNC

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

LinYutang posted:

machine learning! big data! microtargeting! algorithms!

Glad to see that the AI rebellion has been postponed.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

i feel it would be poetic of the silicon valley bubble burst right about now

They are going to get sued for trying to pressure trump supporters and get owned big league.
Then Peter Thiel is going to snap everything up and become the vampire lord of America.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

This election has broken and changed me in new and exciting ways.

exclusive pic of c-spam right now.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Holy poo poo I can't get enough of this line.

We deserved this.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

gently caress ACA, gently caress public option, gently caress mandates, gently caress subsidies. That poo poo is completely bust. Full single payer is what we should go after, if the GOP mercifully kills ACA.

:agreed:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nonsense posted:

I'm legit worried about instability overseas from our bad markets. Venezuela is probably in Trump's peripheral.

How long does it take until we go to war with Venezuela because maduro calls Trump the devil?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

the more news about Hillary's campaign the better. I'm hearing it was full of kids of rich donors and paid little or nothing because none of the scions of wealth wanted for money. and the few paid positions paid way more to men than women

lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The one bright spot in this mess is that we can finally quit pretending like 'political capital' is a thing.

Holy gently caress that pissed me off more than anything else about Obama in 2009-10.

:same:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

BUSH 2112 posted:

maybe i'm just being a douche here, but this poo poo is driving me loving insane. a dude who didn't win the popular vote, has no experience, was colluding or at least complicit in the illegal hacking of a loving political party by a foreign country, and has said and proposed horrid bullshit is the president elect. they're treating this loving rear end in a top hat with kid gloves, and the media is completely uninterested. "well it turns out russia admitted that is was in contact with trump and his staffers the whole time, now look at this guy who photoshops himself into some d-list tart's photos! that's news!"

seriously, gently caress all of these people. i feel like the liberal version of a goddamn breitbart reader, how the gently caress is this all going down without incident? i honestly can't believe that it's all getting swept under the rug by everyone with any power.

because the media is shook as gently caress and beholden to wall street who are currently salivating at the prospect of deregulation while offering up their gay workers, with obsidian knife in hand to mammon.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

hes dece

David Fahrenthold also needs credit for calling Trump on his bullshit, especially with charity and his excess greed. He's been pretty good at calling out that Trump is in banker pockets but no 1 curr

the entire clinton campaign can be summarized with no 1 curr

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Grondoth posted:

I had a conversation with some people who were in a community college in the middle of nowhere(Olean NY) from the middle of nowhere(Franklinville NY, Cuba NY, Hinsdale NY) and they had a ton more respect for the idea of making legal immigration easier and amnesty after I said to them that the issue I've got with illegal immigration is that people get to essentially abuse the migrants for downright criminal wages to do work. They can't possibly ask for more and no one can advocate with them, and an honest worker has a hard time competing with labor that management has total control over. That immigrants are coming and stealing jobs isn't technically correct, but goddamn if it hasn't made several sectors of labor invalid for an honest pursuit of work. Because capital loves labor it can exploit.

Those same people stopped being upset at hispanic families getting "lots of help" when I explained that stuff used to be way more available but slowly got paired down and down until only the most desperate can really claim much of anything, and how the problem isn't that there's a ton being given out but rather that there's practically nothing left so lots of people who are hurting don't get any support. Their ideas of minority welfare queens were based on something really simple, they felt they needed help and weren't getting it, and there were lots of people who were ready to tell them that other people were getting it and no one to tell them that no, no one's getting anything dawg, look it up.

I don't want to sound like I'm minimizing racism and bigotry and all that with my posts. But man, I was a racist kid once. I was spooked when black guys in puffy coats walked by me and was worried about cities cause of "crime." I changed. Things can change, people can change, and we all have a lot in common. We want to help the working man, right? Well, you can't hate what you want to help. They know.
*starts screaming at the top of my lungs*
U...B...I!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mrmcd posted:

It is pretty funny how Christie is still getting poo poo on even after the election.

*in extremely thick north jersey accent*
Aw hell yea we are gunna poo poo all over him.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/high-ranking-new-jersey-democrat-calls-for-impeachment-of-gov-chris-christie-1478828777

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

NumberLast posted:

Remember when people on this forum said any form of voting outside fptp is regressive and bad?

And that only dues-paying members of the Democrats and Republicans should be allowed to vote in the primaries?

lol who the gently caress would say that
full preferential voting now

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nonsense posted:

BERNIE IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST IM VERY WOKE

please ignore my fat paycheck

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:allears:
I think it goes deeper than that Madame Secretary.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Re: That Hillary Clinton response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

etalian posted:

IMO the main reasons why she failed
-Failing to notice the anti-establishment mood of the country, how much of it was driven by things like income inequality
-Underperformed Obama especially in critical tipping point states like OH and FL
-Wasted time and money trying to run up the score in states like AZ/GA
-Campaign operated in a bubble due to a history of hiring blindly loyal washington insiders, she didn't consider criticism or alternative strategy
-No memorable messaging, her message was I'm just like Obama you loved him! I'm just like that!
-Treated Bernie very badly during the campaign such as directing Correct the Record PAC to attack him on things such as UHC and almost
on his health
-Very dishonest, dismissive and evasive as shown by things such as her private email server scandal

:agreed:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Clinton's vision for America's future: *mumble mumble* "WELL MY OPPONENT" *rhetorical dodge* *mealy-mouthed arcane platform poo poo no one understands* *forced meme/slogan for the msm* "Check out Hillary Clinton.com and also donald's wacky twitter feed lol"

fixed

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Jon Oliver good

Samantha Bee good

Noah bad,

Maher bad

How big of meltdown do you think he is going to have tomorrow.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

what happens when we two candidates with powerful meme magic?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:drat:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Holy poo poo that chapo trap house episode is so loving good.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Have there been any more good celebrity meltdowns yet?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

but do you want to put yourself in closer proximity to boston accents

or boston roads and drivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The Puppet Master posted:

hasn't trump said that they will stop federal funding to 'sanctuary cities' as a way of twisting the arm of local enforcement to be more proactive w/r/t finding undocumented persons

I want to see his dumbass try.

• Locked thread