Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

present a unified populist vision to people moving forward. highlight that it is the forces of global capitalism that have failed them, that the jobs they want, high paying manufacturing jobs, are never coming back, that unless they accept a hellfucked environment and $1.00 a day wages they will never have a textile factory in south carolina again. highlight how Trump is a loving liar, how he promised them something he can't deliver, how he is NOT their voice, he just lies to them for power and prestige. hammer hard on how he and the republicans are failing them. use the mass support for minimum wage increases (an increase to $12 an hour passed in loving arizona, goddamn) to highlight how the republicans want to take that away from them, and they'll have to fight with vote and union to stop them. show them that Trump is the very jetsetting global elite that is loving them and that it is not the workers of the developing world who are ruining them, those are just poor souls even more hosed by the elite than they. give them data and info in a digestible form about the Koch brothers, the capitalists, the bankers and multinational global elites, who live in the united states, but are not their saviors or their allies. tell them that coal is dead globally, the price is never going to rise, that you may have work but it will be for below-poverty wages with little to no safety. offer them hope from that in government programs to retrain, and if they can't retrain, a GMI to let them live comfortably. sell it as coming from higher taxes on the us-based global capitalist that is ruining them. do that and you'll get back the people who split for Trump, you'll wide the wave and gently caress it, you will goddamn try.

also, if they trot out protectionism, point to how protectionist loving Japan is, and how they've been hellfucked for decades now, with no end in sight.

basically the democratic party is loving doomed because they will not do this.

KiteAuraan has issued a correction as of 03:15 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She literally threatened the livelihoods of coal miners, and tried to soothe them by promising a vague "aid" package, without ever clarifying what it would do.

which is really easy: free retraining (college or tech school, your choice) for those who want/can retrain, GMI for the rest so they can live out their lives in comfort. paid for by taxing the very people who made them poor. just lol she couldn't bring herself to even float that.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

The part where you say the textile factory isn't ever coming back and then don't really say what, if anything, is coming? That's where this actually falls apart.

basically i hold that retraining for those who can, fully subsidized in new industries, combined with BIG TIME incentives to move emerging business to these regions, combined with MASSSIVE infrastructure spending, and failing that, a GMI for these people, so they can live in comfort, above the poverty level, while the small town rural world just sort of slowly dies.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

anime was right posted:

i wish the internet didnt exist so i could run for office. oppo would not do me well.

then again donald trump.

"hmm, it seems to say here that you were probated by franco for quoting goatse in nite crew, and an auto-ban for using a mod tag, how can you lead america?"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

lmao it's a fight between sheriff joe and the sheriff in milwaukee county who keeps running as a democrat and coasting by on party affiliation

Don't those picks have to be approved by Congress? If so LOL @ it happening.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

is there another group like the psl that does similar work? doesn't look like they have a chapter in phoenix.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Typo posted:

he genuinely believes what he says on trade and immigration (and absolutely nothing else)

and oh yeah somehow hillary comes across as a bigger liar than trump

hasn't he massively benefited from free trade? is he really that loving stupid?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Jenner posted:

Which reminds me. Native Americans trying to protect their land and water are going to get bulldozered under Trump.

But that probably would have happened with a Democratic president too because they are a bunch of loving corporate shills and eat the rich

I honestly feel that the armed American Indian Movement is going to come back in the next four years, partly due to that, partly due to an inevitable crackdown at Oak Flat in Arizona and partly due to Trump's own bigotry against Natives pissing them off a lot, as they're already ignored by literally everyone.

And all it'll take for the days of armed Black Nationalist insurgency to return is one or two BLM protests ending with cops or the Nat Guard just firing at people, with Trump saying he's got their back or some :doink: poo poo.

The Republicans basically are gigantic idiots and are going to poke people in the eye and then act surprised when, oh poo poo turns out that these people actually CAN fight to defend themselves, imagine that...

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

hailthefish posted:

God imagine how much of a clusterfuck a house of almost 7000 reps would be. 435 is way the gently caress too small, though. Even the UK has 650.

Galactic Senate size or bust, let's go full Star Wars prequels.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

246 out of 300 million, and if his sample selection was poor, eg. in just a few areas of the country, then his entire thesis is easily falsifiable. Just LOL.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Like anybody in Ireland read Chaucer.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

In order to move beyond Identity Politics we must all become part of a shared consciousness, where individual identity is abolished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL-sYwiioeY

Truly we live in the most Xenogears timeline.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I dunno about their treatment of women but yea that new sketch kinda show that runs at like 3 am is apparently run by alt right weirdos

The question is, does anybody watch it?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Bro Dad posted:

brett gelman is a loving dumbass, every show at adult swim (even rick and morty) has woman writers. and producers. and animators. half the loving shows on their stream are hosted by women, yet mde exists and mike lazzo said some dumb poo poo so better burn those bridges. meanwhile women purposely apply to work at williams street because its far away from the toxic chauvinism of hollywood and they're treated like actual people

also something tells me he's not gonna stop cashing checks sent by Actual Rapist Harvey Weinstein

also, tim warheim who they let make a fuckton of content for them is a lefty.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

RIP Southwest Asian and Egyptian archaeology courses.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Fidel Castronaut posted:

RIP every course. RIP FAFSA. RIP higher learning.

gently caress, this whole mess is really, really going to delay any attempt at grad school... (because funding is going to go to gently caress, and also because the economy is going to poo poo the bed and I won't be able to get a job).

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

While you're at it you might as well get your healthcare needs addressed in the next month and change because healthcare is not on the menu in 2017.

I turn 26 in April and lose my insurance through a parent, I can't get a job to save my life, let alone one with health insurance, and if they slacken controls on pre-existing condition denials I have no idea whether or not having Autism Spectrum Disorder will gently caress me. Also, if I can't get a job and I lose my SSI and Medicaid, because you know, somewhat disabled, I am hosed. :shepicide:

All of this is why I really, really loving hate all my family that vote Republican, even though personally they're fine, caring and helpful. They just keep voting to gently caress me, over and over, in ways that actually matter.

Edit: oh gently caress when i lose my non-medicaid healthcare i also lose my brain pills. loving hell goddamn.

KiteAuraan has issued a correction as of 11:36 on Nov 23, 2016

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

Obama just declared Gold Butte in Nevada and Bears Ears in Utah as national monuments, turning over one million acres of land into protected areas, including the land where the Bundy clan was illegally grazing cattle.

White Mormon trash in Southeast Utah are mad/10 that they can't ride their ATVs and pot hunt native sites anymore. They always cry hard about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the press feverishly documented the burning of a garbage can

wasn't even the black bloc, it was just some cold dc hobos.

• Locked thread