Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Freddie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

mostly because the latter two tell things kids don't want to hear

"The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas" was one of the earliest scifi works of substance I read and it left me super loving disgusted.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

he's such a spoiled little poo poo lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

he's such a spoiled little poo poo lol

and of course folks in the ossoff thread got defensive over this lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

there's an "ossoff" thread? wtf?

I mean for him if you have to, but that's pretty much the extent of support you should have for him.

it started as a "hey here's a special election to pay attention to" thread and then ossoff started getting really lovely the more he talked and now it's mostly folks getting trolled by an apparent GA-06 voter who refuses to vote for him because he's poo poo and won't throw even the smallest of bones in his direction.

e: actually i might be thinking of another special election thread in regards to why there's an ossoff thread but w/e

Oh Snapple! has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Jun 21, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

*in extremely fulchrum posting* the gently caress is a waffle house??

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lessail posted:

I like how falafeldad made no mention of voting for handel, but the ossof thread kept running to shove that into his mouth.

they're extremely mad that an uppity muslim felt entitled to a politician's time and effort in regards to policies relevant to him

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i mean the thread is still right there lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah and there's exactly no people who said "oh and what did handel do???"

are you haunted by butthurt past

that post is in the relevant twitter thread itself, which is what i was referring to in the specific post mentioning that line

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

ah i thought by "the ossof thread" u were talkin about the ossof thread my b dogg

i have technically been talking about both but for largely specific reasons.

ossoff thread here definitely had some people who got real pissy and combative at those tweets

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

I literally don't care at all who wins GA-06

it's one House seat that'll be up for reelection anyway next year along with hundreds of others, and I highly doubt the Dems will pour that much money into the seat in 2018

it definitely seems like a seat that will almost assuredly go red again at the next available opportunity just through getting a more "respectable" Republican to run.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

ive seen at least one article already about how ossoff's success proves centrism is the way forward

like i said in the ossoff thread, it's either gonna be credited for a win or credited for making a republican district competitive. there's no away around it being portrayed as the one true path available.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

the one true path in shitass moneyed suburban georgia i guess

that's the idea, yes!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Not a Step posted:

"It was actually more competitive," I insist, as a candidate with $30 million in support posts comparable numbers to the guy who begged for $40k.

it's still really pathetic that thompson couldn't get the hilariously meager amount he requested

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i remembered this a short time ago and it's still funny as gently caress

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

aww they closed the ossof thread

now where am i going to chuckle mildly about the guy in south carolina doing better

we are also the mild chuckle zone

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i'd prefer radical five-lism

only the raddest hi-fives, from coast to coast

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

consumed by normies posted:

thats not surprising considering rodney stooksbury is obviously a fake name

Stooksbury!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

at least some people made a lot of loving money thanks to ossoff's campaign

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

handel solidified her win with that livable wage thing, didn't she

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

send him to the farm, he's done

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ossoff seems like the type of person who is used to things just going his way~

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

he mostly talked about reducing corruption in the abstract, cutting unnamed spending, growing the economy, and other fake issues. he had no platform

"yes...the perfect candidate...yes!!" - the dnc

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

It's a complete loving joke. Why run for office if you don't even have any stated policy goals? Why pursue political power if you have no agenda? At least I can respect the ability of insane dipshits who ran on deporting all cucks to articulate an agenda no matter how stupid it might be. I'm disgusted at not only the dems lack of any values but also the fact we have gone from the party of the great society to.....what ever the gently caress this is

all he wanted was a career, basically

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Montasque posted:

Imagine spending $30+ million and getting less votes than a fake candidate that spent nothing.

he would have been loving crushed if this wasn't a special election, wouldn't he

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the "he lost open primaries" poo poo is p. disingenuous given that a large chunk of them occurred in the south

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i mean it's definitely more that the clintons spent literal decades building a machine that can ultimately win a democratic primary and nothing else, largely through favor trading.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

i mean it's definitely more that the clintons spent literal decades building a machine that can ultimately win a democratic primary and nothing else, largely through favor trading.

that said, when you effectively ARE the institution....yeah, I think it's fair to attribute some poo poo to institutional forces.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

concern guarantees citizenship

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Boy I wonder why ~the youth~ can be extremely deflated about politics after getting suckered in by a faux-progressive who presided over their lives going to poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Pretty sure it was Hope and Change.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

i don't remember him really every using that language but okay

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i love how neolibs try to retcon campaign obama and pretend that never existed

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

also are we talking about the campaign obama who also said that he was a big Reagan fan

cuz i feel like that was a big tell right there

it was but i'd wager a lot of folks involved for the first time missed it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

Would yall mind if I closed this thread and opened a new one with more concurrent information in the OP?

just edit the OP

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

as evidenced by how bernie sanders drove youth turnout during the primary just like corbyn did

yeah man it's not like the youth had a sitting reminder of what happened the last time they got energized or anything

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

Didn't realize that people weren't allowed to vote for Bernie in the south.

piss off with this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zhulik posted:

This is an extremely tepid take, my dude. You're better than this.

lol no he isn't

• Locked thread