Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Oops the Tokoto Draft was two years ago

You've really done it this time, Evan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

i thought his brothers have normal form iirc and lonzo ball is like the devils son and the worst of them?

e: LaVar named them like pokemon evolutions (Lonzo, LiAngelo, LaMelo), so I'm going to take this as canon.

Lonzo shoots from NBA 3 pt range! It wasn't very effective.

I'm rooting for Darth Malik

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

It's not "my pick." It's the Lakers pick, and I don't make every or most posts about other teams in the context of the Lakers, and I'm certainly not going to Rivals post about the Sixers.

I'm an Arizona alum

I've never gone from wanting to kiss you to wanting to hit you so quickly Rick

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Khagan posted:

Didn't think bad FT shot mechanics could be that hard to correct.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
IT's the one getting traded. Book it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Known bust Brandon Ingram
Feburary FG% .44 & 3P% .355
March FG% .52 & 3P% .20

Looking at their stats, it looks like the biggest thing I see is that Brown is assisted 60% of his 2pt shots, while ingram is only assisted 37% of the time.

And that Ingram doesn't make his threes but who's looking at that

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

In all seriousness, he's been looking a lot better. I wish him success. What the heck's going on with Walton and D'lo though

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I don't think it's a coincidence that a coach who had used fairly stable lineups when the team was healthy (even if his minute distribution wasn't always stable) suddenly has used a different lineup every other game since Magic took over.

Yeah, this is the part that shocked me. Up until a week ago, it seemed like the Lakers had the same sort of (starting anyway) lineup every time I checked the box score or watched a game, and I figured the players must have appreciated it after what they dealt with last season. I wish you luck in dealing with Big Earv.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Yeah he looked like Riff Raff for a while

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

Oooh, yeah that makes sense. When I see "ascending" when referring to stuff like draft picks or seeding I always count down while going "up"

Uh

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

as·cend·ing
əˈsendiNG/Submit
adjective
increasing in size or importance.

unless you think the second pick is worth more than the first I guess :shrug:

Jesus christ

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

That's a different use of ascending, actually

Haha ok I liked that one

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lol for a second I thought the caption was a snarky joke because it started to look exactly like the previous video where he held onto the ball for the entire clock and shot a stepback 3

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

I think it's really easy to just say this right now before the dude has played any NBA minutes. Next year will probably be another growing pains year for Philly anyway, so they can try it if they want. I think ultimately they end up with two smaller guys in the lineup to guard the opposing backcourt, but maybe one is called a "SF" but always defends a guard. Lots of teams do stuff like that.

Sixers need Avery Bradley

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Granted I've always been meh on Al Horford, but I don't think he's the type of player the words "but his window is open for only a couple of more seasons" should factor into your decision making

He's got a .724 true shooting going in these playoffs and I love him and his manicured eyebrows so YOU'RE WRONG

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If that happens, the Sixers also get the #4 and Sam Hinkie will enter into the final stage of his metamorphisis into a godking.

No one wants to play for Vivek or sit on the Boston bench for the whole year.

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/864213325655162880

They said the same poo poo last year but Jaylen Brown just made highlight plays to help the Celtics get to the ECF as a rookie so

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Ball Simmons

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Zo looks good

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
:)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah that gets me right here (hovers around heart, chest area)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Like any reasonable NYC basketball fan I thought the bow at MSG center court was great entertainment, but this is super hosed up this whole draft is hosed trash my teams will never be good

If he were the Celtics general manager sitting with the top pick, Walt Frazier said he would take Lonzo Ball over Markelle Fultz.

“Ball reminds me of [Jason] Kidd,’’ Frazier said. “The way he passes the ball, defense, quickness. [Fultz] I saw as well. I wasn’t that impressed. Some of the games I saw, he had a poor game.’’

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
According to the vertical the celtics won the first pick ping pong drawing 3 times before the lakers combo came up

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jaylen Brown is gonna be a drat good defender

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think he will be too, however bear in mind in with stats he matched up disproportionately against second unit guys this year.

Yeah it's just really encouraging as a rookie, even if it's versus trash players. He's been used a lot to close out games also though - he gets lost sometimes but drat if he isn't insanely athletic. Lebron's gonna roast him in a few hours and I'll probably cry

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

gently caress it, stick him on LeBron tonight.

I don't know that they have much choice because Crowder is a bit too slow and everyone else is too small. And yes he will probably get vaporized but guarding playoff Lebron as a rookie is going to be a great learning experience

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Fast Luck posted:

My very stupid opinion is that Ainge is addicted to collecting assets, so the Sixers should give him their #3 pick this year and their pick next year and Okafor or whatever to move up to #1 for Fultz

lol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Really doubt that pick is going anywhere. They're going to try to lure Hayward and keep it. I don't think the Butler or George things are likely to happen at all

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Pick cancelled as Lebron James never took geometry and doesn't know what a triangle is. Sorry boys.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Why would you ever put Dr Dre on your best rapper list

Andre 3k maybe

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Cuz I like Dre. I'd definitely put him over loving DMX.

DMX actually wrote all of the dog yelps though. I can get behind it.

Addendum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXca4WcCzlo

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 23, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

He looks like he maybe has the potential to become a good role player, if he can become an average 3 point shooter over a decent amount of shots, which the Celtics were in a unique position to be okay with taking at the top of a draft.

I try not to be too homerish but I see signs that he could be more valuable than a good roleplayer. But yeah, it's tough to tell with rookies. Especially raw ones. I really think being on a team like Boston helped him a lot more than it would have on a losing team as he gets to play without having the entire weight of the game on his shoulders. He'd probably get overwhelmed with a ton more playing time somewhere else

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dang! *snaps fingers*

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

I'm not a Boston fan and I didn't see any other rookie play as well as he did this year. Wait that shouldn't be fully past tense

He's questionable tonight with a dang hip pointer so you're probably right either way.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
dang

https://twitter.com/BrettPats/status/867137971883048960/photo/1

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Skippin leg day though, can't jump with your arms Markelle

Ehh his calves are the right shape, just constricted by compression shorts. I'm not too scared. He doesn't look like a Covington style bird to me. I hope

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 25, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

He is on a lot of steroids

They worked for Lebron and Jordan so I'm happy to see my potential future point guard pumped full of juice

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Emmanuel Mudiay 6-5 with 6-9 arms.
Oops he can't shoot.

I would like a word filter to replace "Mudiay" with a trashcan emoji

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I've been thinking about Fultz, there's a certain heaviness that you don't expect from point guards, he's really big, he's James Harden sized, and he doesn't have turbo speed, but he's so crafty that he can walk by defenses. He makes every contested shot with his weirdo arms. He reminds of Klay Thompson with his instant releease. I'm trying to think of a better comparison than James Harden, he seems big and bulky when he get into a defense but manages to wade through them, spin around them, and put in a little layup.
He probably would have been considered a shooting guard, in the past. I think he could easily play off the ball next to Thomas, but I don't know if he would like it.

Yeah I didn't really start paying too much attention to him until the Celtics got the first pick because I figured we would have ended up at like 3 or 4, so I checked out Josh Jackson and the like a little more. Now that I'm looking at all of Fultz's mixtapes etc I'm surprised at how strong and stable he looks. Like you said the other day, he's gotta be on some quality steroids. It makes his little slither and spin moves look even more ridiculous

He doesn't even sound opposed at all to playing next to Thomas, but he added some little thing about how he thinks Isaiah is "even better off the ball" so he may have expectation adjustments incoming. Or maybe I'm wrong and that's exactly how it will happen and Isaiah is going to be a discontent next year

Also 🚮 is killing me

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 27, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
“I feel like wins are deceiving sometimes,” Ainge told the Boston Herald. “I think that the fact that we were one of three teams still left playing was something to be proud of, but it’s not necessarily where we really are.”

This may be the most insightful thing Danny Ainge has ever said and it gives me hope that his head is in the right place this offseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

i read the context you said that would be too much to give up for fultz when phili already has a primary ball handler. whether it is too much or is not is a different discussion entirely what I don't get is why Simmons being the primary ball handler would matter? especially since we don't know how good Simmons is .

Eh I think his point was that he doesn't view Fultz as so far ahead of the other PGs that he'd trade multiple picks when they plan to have Simmons point godding it up, maybe I'm wrong though

• Locked thread