Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

Doing a mock this far out is kinda dumb since the order is still really in flux and presumably they call it that mostly so they'll pop up when people google "NBA mock draft"

Their actual mock once they start doing it for real tends to be pretty solid

Yeah, at this far out it is basically just a Draft Board, with team logos next to it. They don't start accounting for needs until draft orders start to become more certain

But yeah, they are by far the best publicly available draft site, and I wish they would branch out to the NFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

I get that but sometimes it doesn't stop teams from drafting those guys. (Like Satnam Singh) Him being slow and not having many skills makes sense. That espn article overhyped him. After I made the post I checked his stats.

It made this quote hilarious.
"He's the most dominant player in college basketball, point blank, period," UCF assistant coach Jamill Jones said. "Whoever the best center is, if you put him in front of Tacko, he won't be the best center. If they had to play against one another, they can't physically stop Tacko from doing what he wants to do right now."

I should have just looked at what he did vs Tulane.

13, 10 and 2.4 on 80% shooting (what) isn't too bad

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I still can't believe the Cavs took Anthony Bennet #1. I mean, its not like the expected #1 Oladipo has turned into a superstar, but man, they were like the only people on earth who saw something in Bennett

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Paul Zuvella posted:

I can't wait for Grayson Allen to be drafted by the Celtics in the 2nd round, flair out in 2 years and then spend the rest of his life playing in China.

And then he'll have a teary reunion with his actual dad, Ted Cruz

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Khagan posted:

Nah I'm convinced the Kings front office is resetting at this point. Most mock drafts I've seen have NO getting the 9th pick.

They're 2 games out of the playoffs and just added a major talent. They will almost certainly make the playoffs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Charlz Guybon posted:

February FG% .492 & 3P% .455
March FG% .519 & 3P% .400

Known bust Brandon Ingram
Feburary FG% .44 & 3P% .355
March FG% .52 & 3P% .20

Looking at their stats, it looks like the biggest thing I see is that Brown is assisted 60% of his 2pt shots, while ingram is only assisted 37% of the time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Cool Buff Man posted:

And that Ingram doesn't make his threes but who's looking at that

Hush you

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Cool, can't wait to see you back at USC next year

Hope you didn't stop going to classes :v:

EDIT: Its ok, He's playing it cool
https://twitter.com/Lou_weezy_ana/status/857015868294705152

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 27, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Christ, I completely forgot about this thread

God, I hope we keep our pick and that Magic doesn't loving blow it on Ball

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I'm half convinced the Lakers are gonna end up with the #4 pick as karma for firing Jim Black

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Paul Zuvella posted:

They literally cannot end up with the #4 pick.

Sorry, I thought the losing the pick part was implied

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

The vast majority of Lakers fans love Ball, you're basically only getting me and Gumslinger.

And my coworkers too

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
God, there is too much poo poo going on right now

Stop loving up for an hour or 2 Trump, I need to focus on BBall

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I don't think the Lakers are gonna keep their pick

Jim Black isn't there with his good luck charm

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

illcendiary posted:

Didn't Ernst & Young screw up the Oscars? :tinfoil:

"And with the #1 pick, La La Land"
"Its pronounced LA Lakers"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Holy poo poo, we got the pick

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Ehh, #2 is still alright

gently caress the Celtics

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I really, really don't want them to take Ball

Take Jackson please

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Rick and I get to spend the next month and a half writing increasingly unhinged scenarios where the Celtics don't take Fultz at #1

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

I wanted the Lakers pick to go to 2018 so this is almost perfect imho.

And it works out well for the Lakers as now no longer owe the Magic our pick in 2019 (the only pick we gave up to get Dwight)

It converts into 2 second rounders

You know, Mitch wasn't a terrible GM (mostly)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I was not being sarcastic.

If Fox becomes a good shooter in his NBA career it will usher in an age of like track stars getting drafted and poo poo because anyone can be taught a shot at that point.

Johny Flynn :911:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Philly definitely is dreaming of running an all fast break offense so yeah I don't think they would let Ball go past. Maybe with Simmons it can actually work. Although it would be going against like all the trends in basketball.

But yeah he's the eighth best player in the draft in a non-fastbreak NBA so they should pick someone else. Don't worry though Earvin Johnson is going to save the league from him.

Why do you say things that you know will hurt me :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

There isn't much that can really be done, Simmons wasn't cleared to play until April, but it's really too bad we didn't get to see him play any to know how realistic the idea of him playing PG like they claim they want to do is. Yes you want as many ballhandlers as possible but if all he can do is handle the ball and is as bad of a shooter as he was when we last saw him it limits Philly's ability to draft someone without a great jumper.

Yeah, its the difference between a Lamar Odom or LeBron or Magic Johnson. They were all great ball handlers for PF sized dudes, but only Magic actually truly played PG

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
:lol: More loving centers

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

When was it declared that DeAngelo is not a PG?

When Byron Scott started doing a media tour

Cool Buff Man posted:

Iirc from Rick's posting it's mostly idiot Lakers fans trying to paint him that way and the team hasn't actually given up on him as PG yet. I could be totally wrong but I also like DLo so I hope I'm not

The team plays way better when he is at PG, even though he tends to take less dumbass three when playing offball

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

For whatever reason, workouts with the Lakers always yield great verts; e.g. I think Luke Kennard notched a 38 inch veet in his workout.

From an article on it last year, the Lakers give players a much longer running start for their jumps, but have measurements going back to the 80s using their system. Apparently, they feel that it provides a more realistic idea of what a player can do on a fast break or something

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

God, I hope so

Give me all of the athletic, long wings

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

if Jackson can develop any short of shot, he will be the best fit on any team that doesn't have an All-NBA wing. If he can't shoot, he will be out of the league in 4 years.

How many wings that can't shoot are all-star level? Uh, MKG?

Giannis

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Not exactly a rumor, as much as a fact

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/874759436094513152

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 13, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

The Fultz workout unsurprisingly went well.

There is a weird thing about the second Ball workout, it has like a tagline and everything, Ball is going to "prove his work ethic" in this workout and Lavar Ball is going to be involved. I don't know if this means he's going to do like 5000 pushups or like he cut 30lbs from the last workout or what.

Hey Rick, want to get super depressed about not getting Fultzz with me?

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/875819914468233218
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/875820241972064256

And yes, I would do Randle + #2 for Fultz and I love Randle a lot

EDIT: Other news
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/875820453805268992

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, a rumor from reddit sourced from ESPN radio is that the Suns are pushing hard to get the #2 pick from the Lakers

So yeah, it would be pretty hilarious if the NBA rigged the draft for the Lakers and Celtics, and they both traded out of their spots

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Yeah, the Pelicans just traded assets to get Cousins to put next to Davis, no chance in the hell that they rebuild without giving that pair a full season together

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

rabidsquid posted:

Chad Ford is insinuating the Lakers are dangling Russell and are interested in Kennard or Zach Collins. i know Collins is a bit divisive and the Pistons are "loaded" (lmao) at the F/C spot but man i would love to get something in the event of another team jumping on the Kennard grenade for SVG

edit: also theres a lakers fan having a meltdown in the mentions of the tweet where Ford said this: https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876996442434535424

All of the Lakers reporters are basically mocking the hell out of Chad Ford over this one

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

straight up brolic posted:

Apparently they were trying to trade back from 2 with the Kings for 5 and 10, so I wouldn't be so sure

That was apparently trying to get all of the picks on earth to trade for PG

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

This is the problem: he doesn't have little experience. He has a lot of experience being bad at basketball at a management level.

I keep bringing it up, but he was been a VP for over a decade and was in almost all of the failed FA meetings. Like, he had to resign about a year ago because he kept going on twitter and tampering

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

EvanTH posted:

Who's going to rehab Giles' knees and come away with the steal of the draft?

Spurs

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Rick and I are gonna laugh at a lot dumb Lakers fans when Ball is Buddy Hield instead of Steph Curry

Also be super depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

kingcobweb posted:

I'm more bullish on Ball than you are. He reminds me more of Ricky Rubio back when he first came into the league: a lanky, low-usage, pass-first PG with questionable scoring ability. Ball has better length and athleticism, can actually dunk instead of constantly getting his shots blocked like Rubio did/does, and (by the numbers DraftExpress uses) has the best 2P% in the draft class. Of course, Ball is more highly touted than Rubio was, Rubio had actually played professionally before coming here, and even then we knew that Rubio could make passes that were only possible via resolving third-level Wizard spells rather than anything regarding basketball. Ball's passing is good, but you can at least watch it and understand how he accomplished it.

I don't see him winning RoY or anything, especially since he's a past first guy going to a Lakers team with uhh... who the gently caress is on the Lakers?

Oh my god, Lou Williams was their best player. Noo

Brook Lopez might just put up the shittiest 30ppg season ever next season

• Locked thread