Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Getting really mad in a GDT thread about the Bills passing on Clausen twice will be the shame I will have to carry with me to my grave.
It's okay, I was really excited about the Lee Evans/J.P. Losman combo.
I also thought we should've taken Clausen in the 2nd. And I also vaguely remember being disappointed we didn't get Joey Harrington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Benne posted:

Mitch Tribusky is the most obvious first-round trap since EJ Manuel
Mitch Tribusky, your 2017 Buffalo Bills starting quarterback.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

hump day bitches! posted:

That scouting report is just incredible, how the gently caress did he got drafted in the second?
He looks like a quarterback. Like E.J. Manuel, except white and worse in every way. All it takes is one front office and/or coach to convince themselves that they can fix him.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/AFCEastBros/status/825916850735308800

Hello, Myles Garrett. Welcome to the 49ers.

(it's probably BS, but lol if the Bills are seriously thinking about it)
I swear, if we dump Tyrod and a ton of picks to move up to #1 to pick up a flawed QB prospect in a lovely draft for QBs...:smithicide:
I mean, Jesus Christ, I love Sammie Watkins, but we paid through the nose for a guy whose the 3rd or 4th best receiver from his draft class(so far). You'd think Whaley might learn something from that.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Brady Quinn was widely considered a safe bet and that didn't work out so well either.

With so much draft capital I don't see how anyone can throw bones at the Browns for trading a mid round first for a QB if they believe in that player.
I guess the quibble is: on what is their (hypothetical) belief in Jimmy G based? Sure, he looked good, in all two games he's played in. Even Matt loving Cassel started in 15 games before the Chiefs traded for him.
And his price was a 2nd round pick(the Chiefs also got Vrabel).

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Bills needs: WR, LB, S, RT, CB*, G/C, QB*
*Italics note positions where the degree of need is determined by the Bills decisions on impending/possible free agents.
Not really in order of need, but let's break it out.

WR- Robert Woods is set to become a free agent and there is reason for concern about Sammy Watkin's ability to stay healthy for 16 games. The depth chart below those two is comparable to the Eagles in terms of talent.

LB- We're switching back to a 4-3, and Zach Brown, who would be a natural fit, is an impending free agent and figures to cash in big on a career year. Preston Brown is decent, Reggie Ragland will be back, but that's about it. Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, and Lorenzo Alexander(if he's retained) will probably be DEs in a 4-3.

S- Corey Graham is kind of old, and Aaron Williams almost died. Everyone else is garbage.

CB- Stephon Gilmore is a free agent and figures to make big bucks. Ronald Darby regressed, and Nikel Robey-Coleman, while good, is a midget and thus probably shouldn't be playing outside.

RT- Seantrel Henderson has Crohn's and committed the unforgivable crime of smoking weed. Also, he's not very good. Jordan Mills is like him, except without the weed or the potential. Cyrus Kouandjio played surprisingly okay at LT while Cordy Glenn was hurt, but it would be unwise to bet on him as a full-time starter just because of that.

G/C - Richie Incognito is awesome but old. Eric Wood is also getting old. Our depth is a bunch of warm bodies.

QB - If we don't cut Tyrod Taylor, this isn't a need at all. But we will, because it's the dumbest thing the Bills could possibly do. Hopefully they at least pull an E.J. and pick up a pick or two by moving back and still snagging their sure-fire bust quarterback of the future further down the line.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Bigass Moth posted:

Hoyer owns if you like awful quarterbacks who knew how to shred garbage time prevent defenses.
I remember that time when he went down with an ACL injury against the Bills. Because Brandon loving Wheeden proceeded to clown our defense. Also E.J. Manuel hurt his knee that game too, which brought on Tuel Time.
Pro-tip: Maybe have some depth at QB so you don't have to dig Thad Lewis off your practice squad when your over-drafted bust QB gets hurt.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Todd McShay posted:

10: Buffalo Bills, 7-9

Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Mitch Trubisky or DeShone Kizer could be in play here, depending on what happens with Tyrod Taylor. But the Bills have four WRs hitting free agency and would fill an immediate void with Williams. The Clemson standout has a good size-speed combination and shows the ability to create late separation when the ball is in the air.
Hey, cool, a pick I don't hate! And it even makes sense even if we end up retaining Robert Woods!
Which makes it too good to come true:smith:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Getting Mike Williams would be really sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MrLogan posted:

If the Browns think the Jets want one of the QBs, the best thing they could do is trade down to #6.
I guess the one thing we don't know is which teams value which QB? The press seems to have latched onto Trubisky as the #1 QB, but it's possible the Jets/Bills/Browns/whoever disagree.
Mostly, I'm just hoping the Bills don't take a QB.

• Locked thread