Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Don't expect Febreeze to draw draft cards for any TEs because he's a jerk who hates TEs

If he hates tight ends then he would love my mom!

...wait, did I do that right? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
:wtc: he only got a misdemeanor for that, and from what I read he started the whole incident using hate speech (called the woman's friend a slur, though it isn't clear if he said human being or queer). That is some bullshit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

He almost murdered a girl and there's film of him doing it.

Too bad she sued for damages before he went pro. Is there a way for her to get more now? She deserves it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Didn't I already read that the girl called him the N word and that front offices had softened on the incident as a result?

I looked around online and none of the stories I read reported that. Unfortunately I couldn't find many articles that went into detail about the events. Just a bunch of clickbait with the video.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Yeah, I though it was the reverse where Mixon called the dude she was with a human being.

Yeah, the only thing I found was that Mixon approached them and called the dude a homophobic slur, they didn't specify if it was human being or queer. They also don't say if he was intoxicated or not, but if he's sober and walked up spouting some hate speech to start a fight then I am really pissed about this. Clark and Hill may have done some hosed up poo poo, Ray Rice too, but Mixon looks like a whole different level of hosed up psychopath by comparison.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

evilweasel posted:

Lawsuit is still pending. They wouldn't have been shy about putting in all the damages they could justify just because he wasn't pro yet when they filed though.

Awesome. I don't know poo poo about this, but I'm glad she's got a way to hit him in his bank account down the line.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Bacarri Rambo :rip:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Drew Brees is really the exception.

Wilsons three year stretch is possibly it for him. The injuries are just going to continue to take his toll, and he's going to have difficulty transitioning his playing style, especially considering the defense is going to begin a decline and his offensive line is uh....yeah.

This take comes in at above jalapeño level but below habañero.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

I know this is a down year for LTs but is there anyone worth taking in the mid-to-late 20s?

Asking for a friend.

Let's wait for the combine so we can see which project defensive lineman has the best 3 cone shuttle and broadjump.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

A girl I work with's father coached him and he lived in their house and took her virginity

How many people went to his birthday party?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

corn on the cop posted:

"let me use this one bad play to affirm that a guy sucks" - goons

Every criticism should involve a 20 page peer-reviewed essay.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shiksa posted:

That's brutal.

McCaffrey and fournette are gonna start a trend, and hell why not

I applaud their decision and more players should follow suit. The bowl games don't earn the players a drat thing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

He'll probably end up dropping in the draft like Frank Clark.

Frank Clark didn't get caught on camera punching a white girl. Mixon is going to fall a lot farther.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

He will drop until they see how good he is at catching out of the backfield and then its "well he got hit first and he said sorry..." as he goes in the first.

We will see! I think having an actual video of the assault will harm Mixon's future a lot more than guys like Clark and Tyreek who "only" have testimony. I don't think Mixon will be blacklisted like Ray Rice, but I do expect him to be a third day pick. Maybe higher, depending on combine results.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I have no clue, I'm impressed in a Patriots way though.

Green Bay is in need of a new gymrat receiver.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

PrinceRandom posted:

Mike Williams though...

I want Mike Williams if Bama didn't scramble his brain permanently.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man that dropped TD was the turning point

Which one? :psyduck:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

It's amazing how many times I have to say this and people will still come into draft threads making claims and arguing about them when no one will be right come April.

We don't even have 40 times yet!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Abugadu posted:

McCaffrey's an intriguing fit, but if we do that we're going to need to pick up 2-3 CBs in FA and another 2-3 in the next couple of rounds.

With the way Montgomery has been playing so far do you even need a RB? I thought Ty was the guy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Watson sucks if he falls to the 25th pick then that's a loving reach

Yeah, but how much of an improvement is he over Osweiler?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress NO gently caress ME

At least he doesn't have tattoos!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

McCaffery is really good

In college. Running behind the Stanford line.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh so they're going to take a WR who is turning the corner for 3 years straight and a defensive player who turns into a semi-annual probowler

They're trading ahead of the Panthers for McCaffrey.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

zimbomonkey posted:

I think that neither of those things will happen. I could see hooker, fournette or Adams, but Peppers lacks size and McCaffrey lacks... so goddamn much

McCaffrey also lacks melanin, so helloooooo Carolina.

Benne posted:

I'd be pretty stoked if Cam Robinson fell to the Seahawks. Even if he's not a natural LT he'd still be a huge upgrade over George "literally hasn't played football since Pee-Wee" Fant and Garry "loving Dogshit" Gilliam at either tackle spot.

Fant looked like our second best lineman all year long. :shepicide: I think he might be able to develop into something eventually.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

zimbomonkey posted:

lol the panthers don't draft white guys high

Racists.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

But it's so much better as a story if it were for your team. It takes NFL bloodlines to the next level, he was born to play for the Bills.

White trash gently caress up is as Billsy as wings, sleet, and disappointment.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Abugadu posted:

Yet another mock with GB taking a RB.

It's not that I don't think McCaffrey's good, it's just that he brings the exact same thing to the table as Montgomery. If we did go RB, presumably because we've ditched Lacy, we'd need someone who can get the short yardage poo poo reliably. I think Cook/Fournette fit that, but neither will likely be there when our spot rolls around.

Given some of the noise about TJ Lang potentially not being re-signed, our actual needs go in the order of CB/insert large gap here/OG/RB/WR/DE/OLB/OT. And even if we do re-sign him, our depth is currently poo poo thanks to dropping Sitton before the season.

*insert lazy joke about his melanin deficiency*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Seattle got 2 3rd rounders. :birddrugs:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

One for losing JR Sweezy to the Bucs who had back surgery and did not even play one down this season.

That owns so hard.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

There's a decent chance he falls to the bottom half of the draft, if not completely out of the first round.

The Panthers are trading out of the first? :confused:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

He knocked her out with one punch and her jaw hit the table on the way down.

I don't think the Chiefs are willing to take DV guys in back to back drafts but who knows. Purely on the field he'd fill a need.

:spergin:: Well they weren't loving before he hit her so it isn't domestic violence so it wasn't that bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

I thought he called her friend a fag after she dropped a hard R

There is another black, Oklahoma runningback sitting at that table, and if he didn't report hearing anyone drop that word then I have a really hard time accepting Mixon's description of the event.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

What's a hard r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVkY_NNRAM

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Show contrition.

Yeah apologies are completely meaningless and stupid as gently caress.

I say this as someone who wants Ray Rice to get another chance in this league: I find it suspicious that Mixon only apologized and took responsibility after the video came out. I think people can change and deserve second chances, even Tyreek Hill. I just question whether or not Mixon actually learned.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Mixon is going to go in the first. The NFL doesn't care at all about domestic violence.

This wasn't domestic violence, it was just good old "punching a random woman in the face".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

There was ongoing litigation. Anything he said could be used as an admission against him in the lawsuit. Every time it was brought up he basically just said my lawyers said I can't talk about that.

Maybe I am just being obtuse, but that sounds like an attempt to duck responsibility to me. Be a man, take your lumps.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

I hope the Vikings don't draft Joe Mixon.

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/839549873317953536

gently caress.

From a guy who hits kids to a guy that hits women, at least the Vikings are improving, right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

It's more like if it's too low is that a red flag?

I'd be willing to bet the lower guys end up having to use their entire body to get it down field, like Glennon and Watson.

Intruder posted:

Looking back from 2008 until 2016, the only guy I see who was any good despite not being at least in the mid 50s or higher is Tygod

Granted, a lot of the best QBs didn't throw at the combine

Mike Glennon threw the same velocity as Watson

I thought Tyrod had a cannon arm.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Let's be honest, they both need to shut up.

I think the only thing that can save this thread is more posting from me.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Michael Corleone posted:

He is a first round pick without the wife beating part, an elite talent. Crow and Duke are just OK IMHO, we could use an elite back to go with our new O-line, but maybe just going all D and 1 WR is the plan for now?

Mixon never hit his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Is there a single QB in this draft that anyone is actually excited about?

I'm excited for Trubisky on the Niners. :smugdon:

• Locked thread