Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yes please, someone draft Brady Gustafson in the first round, surely this time drafting a super tall white QB will work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mitch Leidner is the funniest QB prospect this year because Mel Kiper had him rated in the first round at the start of the season, while anybody who has watched him play football for 5 minutes knows he's complete irredeemable trash

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Are we ready to crown Lamar Jackson the best prospect since Andrew Luck?

if you mean Michael Vick, sure, and it literally does not matter because he's got a full year before being draft eligible so shut the gently caress up Kirios!

Alaois fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 16, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

How are the running backs looking in this class?

Tarik Cohen rules but nobody cares about him because he plays for NCA&TSU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Is this draft class bad/shallow enough that a team would give their first for AJ McCarron?

If only FCS players were eligible for the draft, nobody would still give up a first-round for AJ McCarron

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mitch Trubinsky is fool's gold

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

Turns out I work with someone who's father was Jabrill Peppers' high school coach and housed Peppers for a year or two. Apparently his family are a bunch of scum bags, which is hilarious considering I just saw a rotoworld blurb about how his mom is sending out these huge packets of questions to vet future agents.

When he was at Don Bosco or when he was at Paramus Catholic? I can't imagine that a guy from Paramus would ever look down on a family from East Orange. :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Is Jake Butt actually going to be drafted or is he just a funny as gently caress name?

He's been Michigan's most consistent offensive weapon for the past few years so I'd imagine he'll get a look.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mitch Trubisky seems to be getting the high-riser treatment that always happens before a QB gets taken top 5.

Can he succeed with such a poo poo name? The only Mitch to ever make a Pro Bowl was Mitch Berger and he was a loving punter.

Mitch Trubisky sucks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mitch Trubisky is blake bortles as gently caress

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bart Houston is tragically, hilariously terrible. He's worse than Joel Stave was somehow.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

i love that so much

tall_white_quarterbacks.txt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What the hell happened to Yeldon anyway?

Jaguars

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There will be 3 or 4 runningbacks no one has considered that will do better than either of those two, because that is how NFL running backs work.

Ray Lawry from ODU, although he's a junior this year and I don't think he's declared for the draft yet so who knows if he will.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

to be fair all of Kansas State's designed QB run plays look like they're the slowest thing in the world until suddenly they're 10 yards down field and you have no idea how they did it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

Jeez. I would have thought the blatant histrionics would have marked that as a joke post, but apparently I wasn't blatant enough.

as someone who makes bad posts on the regular, don't make bad posts on purpose, because they're still bad posts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

blake bortles

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Mitch is an overrated 1 season wonder that people talk about like he's been playing like a all pro because the league is so qb desperate.

he hasn't even played better than Marquise Williams did

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He's got insurance if he drops below the 2nd round

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

quoting this from two pages ago because Jesse Ertz rules
https://twitter.com/paulpabst/status/814296996454531072
https://twitter.com/JSisco16/status/814872686056902656

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Daltos...

I'm someone that follows college football and the NFL draft very well, and I came across something this evening that shocked me.

Bleacher Report (yes, yes, but read on)'s Matt Miller has QB Josh Allen, of Wyoming, going third overall to the Bears. I...admittedly have watched zero of him. At all. Mind giving me some thoughts as to why he's justified to go within the top 3?

each sentence in this post is funnier than the last

they are so desperate to put a white dude at the front of the qb class it's staggering

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

Well Watson almost cost Clemson that game. That and the refs.

???????????????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'm not. He's too small. He's turned over the ball way too much and he's going to take time to learn to win from the pocket.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

mcmagic posted:

Teddy played much more of an NFL style game in college.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Don't do this to yourself.

what, the thing he does every year where he convinces himself the Texans NEED to draft an incredibly lovely quarterback because just signing one in the off-season isn't good enough?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Nate Peterman is not good, and won't be any better than Savage at the pro level, with a signficantly weaker arm to boot. They shouldn't waste a pick on him

I have noooooooooooooo idea what anybody sees in Peterman to justify the amount of times I've read his name in regards to the draft.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

Nope.

In an obvious self-brag I called Wentz back in January going in the top 15 and people asked me if I was serious. Goff held the #1 pretty much all year with Wentz being in the top 100 due to the FCS dominance of NDSU. Remember that Wentz was heavily injured that year and didn't have the greatest of seasons either. Besides that you easily had guys like Paxton Lynch holding the #1 or #2 spot all year due to stupid FBS hype.

Then once the draft process hit it really looked like Goff ran away with the show in the combine. Then again Hackenberg also performed well in the throwing drills, but I digress.

Paxton Lynch went to Memphis, lets not pretend he was the product of a powerhouse school with all eyes on it.

Carson Wentz started 1 and a half seasons at NDSU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*NFL draft analyst thinks harder than he's ever thought before, sitting in silence for about 15 minutes* Lamar Jackson is like... Michael Vick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ma-ma-ma-Mitchell

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

reckless joshes have been known to kill at times

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

DNS has kinda gone off a cliff recently.

have you seen his rap sheet

it's not a recent thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ehud posted:

corn elder

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Number 1's for each year, in reverse order

Paxton Lynch 59

Bryan Bennett 60

Logan Thomas 60

Tyler Bray 59

Brandon Weeden 59

Colin Kaepernick 59

Levi Brown 56

John Parker Wilson 58

Paul Smith 57

clearly this is the most relevant factor when determining who is the best QB in the draft

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ehud posted:

It's more like if it's too low is that a red flag?

more importantly, who in the name of gently caress is Paul Smith, I had never heard of him before seeing that list

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Metapod posted:

mixon is not better than perine that's my mixon take

this is the really funny part, all this handwringing about Joe Mixon and he wasn't even the best goddamn RB on his own team

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"Footwork is for yankees"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yug posted:

I think you also have to factor in the racial issue with the Mixon scenario.

Would the media and tff white posters be harping on his incident if he was white?

I think anyone honest with themselves knows the answer to that.

So when I see tff posters keep bringing it up to denigrate the young man it just seems well... bigoted.

i'd tell you to go back to c-spam but no one likes you there either

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Watching that Mahomes highlight tape. Good Lord.

When the first thing on your highlight tape is you clowning on Kansas, maybe you shouldn't call it a highlight tape.

And that throwing motion. What IS THAT

"If I put enough muscle behind this it doesn't matter HOW I throw the ball"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

How does Nathan Peterman compare to someone like, say, Tom Savage?

they both went to Pitt and they're both poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Peterman was at Tennessee before Pitt and couldn't cut it there so he went to Pitt.

Tom Savage was at Rutgers before Pitt and lost his job to Chas Dodd.

CHAS DODD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

I mean it's not like I was seriousposting there

consider your audience

• Locked thread