Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
excited for the giants to finally address the tight end position for the first time since black unicorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

swickles posted:

Draft the dude with one hand. He is destined to be a HoF'er, the subject of a 30 for 30, an Academy Award nominated movie, and State Representative at least.

JPP redux?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

MrLogan posted:

Uh, there have been a couple first round traps since EJ Manuel.

Still glad the Giants jumped on the Eli Apple grenade.

Eli Apple has played well though?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
mccaffrey to the patriots is so patriot way that it's absolutely going to happen

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Giants don't have a lot of needs but the needs they do have are significant. I'd rather they shoot for one of the big tight ends. They need to jettison the gently caress out of Flowers too but I'd rather not reach on another tackle.

I'll just pretend that we drafted Landon Collins at #9.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
If you thought Danny Woodhead was popular in New England, just wait for the Caff

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Well, at least this one looks like a quarterback.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Mitch Trubisky is not the name of a good quarterback. It's of a 20-year veteran at Long Snapper.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
define "traits"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Condensed version of that scouting report:

Strengths:
- Can't teach size
- Has an arm
- Processes the play when he has time (like every other quarterback ever?)

Weaknesses:
- Woefully inaccurate
- Gets receivers killed
- Shoddy mechanics
- Poor timing on passes
- Can't handle pressure
- The pocket presence of Blaine Gabbert

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
NFL COMPARISON: Black Quarterback
BOTTOM LINE: Prescott is built like (Black Quarterback)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

fishing with the fam posted:

I pay zero attention to college football, but I am easily susceptible to hype. As such, I will KILL myself if the Bears don't draft Myles Garrett.

Unfortunately for you he's going top-2

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
"let me use this one bad play to affirm that a guy sucks" - goons

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Malik Hooker declared. Some team's getting a beaut.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

zimbomonkey posted:

What's the consensus on Jamal Adams? Watching his alabama game now and he seems crazy aware of everything that's going on at all times. Seems a solid tackler too. My only issue with him is that he seems to take plays off as there are plays where there are 4 guys trying to tackle a runner and he just jogs toward them rather than running in to stop it. Is his effort a recurring question or am I overanalyzing?

If the effort isn't a problem he seems exactly like the type of guy the panthers love to draft early. Smart, high awareness, nose for the football etc etc.

All the draftheads love him and are pegging him in the Top-5 to 10. It's a great class for DBs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
If I'm a lottery team I really wouldn't want to stake my reputation on a guy as raw as Peppers.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

John Brown posted:

Is Peppers better off staying another year to play one specific role?

No one is better off staying with their draft stock as high as Peppers is.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

hifi posted:

peppers is getting mocked around 10, there's no way he should stay.

bucannon is a weird comparison, he went 27th overall as basically a project, he ended up adding like 30 lbs to play linebacker, but he also had the benefit of staying at safety for 4 years

He's probably a strong safety at the next level. Landon Collins is the trendy comp being thrown around, but Collins had elite tools and better ball skills.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Where do you even start with rebuilding the 49ers? That roster is completely devoid of talent and no candidate worth a drat will want to work under the sniveling turd that is Jed York.

You can't draft a first-round quarterback to that team because they'll retire before their rookie contract is up.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Carlosologist posted:

are there any decent QB prospects this draft? I'm thinking that the Giants definitely need to start planning for the future and get someone who can step in after Eli becomes a pumpkin. the more pressing needs are a boost to the OL and depth at LB, I think

Tight End.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Half the guys pegged for round 1 right now end up being Day 2 or worse picks come April.

Still waiting for Marqise Lee to become a superstar.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Beckham wasn't ranked highly because Zach Mettenberger can't throw a football. His stock exploded after scouts really dug into his tape.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Calvin was an absolute genetic freak. His size and ability was always going to stand out. Guys that aren't Galactus physically are going to slip under the radar with bad quarterback play.

lmao tinyhands

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
While we're on the subject, here were Odell's measureables:

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4330/

Peep his top athletic comparable.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Sammy Watkins has looked good whenever he's on the field. Everyone has just forgotten about him (because Buffalo) but his first two years were still really good.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He's not fast enough. Titans need a burner WR. I'm liking what Todd has in Corey Davis at 5 and then best DB avail at pick 18.

Edit: I think Robinson really wants a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans try to trade out of #5.

a receiver doesn't have to be a burner if his catch radius extends from here to mars (see: plaxico burress)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'm assuming hospital worker means someone on the lower end of hospital workers

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Giants are one of the easier teams to peg because they always tip their loving hand to their beat writers several days prior.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

NO ONE CAME TO HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY DON'T DRAFT HIM

"Okay, we need something that makes Bo look like he has off-field issues, but without turning him into a scumbag"

To be fair the movie was probably an accurate look into how bad front offices evaluate players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

“All the teams that are winning – the New Englands, the Pittsburghs, the Seattles, the Green Bays – their coaches aren’t involved in the selection process. Let the coaches coach and the scouts scout. I don’t do this for a hobby. I’m a professional evaluator. They’re professional coaches.”

:nallears:

• Locked thread