Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I'll usually jump in if I see someone already playing but I only have time for PlayStation on sunday afternoon these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I just noticed I'm on the xbone list when I should be on the PS4 list. Good_Citizen

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

anothergod posted:

Have any goons picked this up now with the new patch (seasons on console!)?

I did a quick smash and grab through the Tristram event and was honestly a bit disappointed. I guess I just hoped it would feel more like D1. Good on them for even bothering but it wasn't enough to keep things interesting for more than an hour or so

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

anybody going to jump on PS4 seasons when the doors open? Considering starting up a seasons DH

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

So yeah the season is live and...literally nobody on Xbone seems to be playing? Or is everyone 70 already ? :(

PS4 seems to have a pretty healthy community ATM. I've found a public party every time I've searched while leveling and a couple goons are 70 already

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

If i drop into your game and play terribly while not saying anything then sorry, I'm probably just drunk and remote playing on my vita while watching something else. Truly the best way to play.

Also yay I can finally solo TXIII

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Yesssss finally beat grift 70 for primals. Got killed by the fart cloud guardian with like 30 seconds left and thought I was hosed but just barely pulled it off

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

This game pretty much is twinstick on consoles already and hellllllll no on camera movement besides maybe some zoom levels

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Just got a Necro beta invite but don't think I can bring myself to go back to playing on PC. Sucks you can't roll beta on consoles

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I haven't played this game in like 2 years, so this is probably a dumb question: is powerleveling still a thing? I'm going to be on vacation for the first 10 days of the season, and I know by the time I get back everyone else will already be soloing 60 grifts or whatever, so I'm hoping there's still a way to skip all the other crap and get to the good stuff, ideally with a bunch of goons.

Definitely.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Diablo is a slot machine and the interesting part is optimizing how fast you can pump in quarters

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Pre-ordered the Switch version today. Getting in on the triple dip action. Own the game now on PC, Xbox One, and Switch.

Same

My understanding is season 15 will be starting immediately at launch. Going to run an UE multishot to start since it aligns with the season rewards and is a good quick starter

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I have a hard time not recommending demon hunter for early season shitwrecker that can scale well to higher content without a crazy gear commitment. Crusader and wizard are also decent choices.

Within those classes there are several options each.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Playing on console is a completely different and better experience. No questions

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Man, having confirm on a different button is really loving me up. That’s my escape skill button so pickup spam is sending me all over the place

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

The only build I don’t like the console control scheme for is the barbarian charge build.

But that’s fine id rather leapquake anyway

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Hellburger99 posted:

I think the only set back I've found so far is that I wish the inventory windows were just a little bit bigger so it's easier to compare items and the scrolling is a little weird. Overall, though, using a joystick to move feels so good!

Does anyone know if there's clan support for the console versions? I can't seem to find it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it.

Don’t think they exist. Back in peak ps4 we had a metatag that kinda worked like a clan but I don’t think switch even supports that with their lovely social features

I’d be down for adding everyone in the thread and just dragging people to T13 but I’m not even sure how friends work in this thing. I think my tag is BadCitizen? Or do I need one of those stupid friend codes like on DS

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Ok. Well we should start a list if friend codes. Not sure if the guy who was updating the list in the second post is still around so maybe a new thread?

Either way my code is SW-7357-3134-4615

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

1. level up the blacksmith as far as you can
2. craft a level 70 weapon
3. take it to the mystic
4. enchant the item until you get a -level requirement roll
5. murder every demon ever

e: i should mention the range on -level requirement varies from weapon to weapon. So if you craft a level 70 weapon, check the value range with the mystic to see if you can actually equip the item when you get a -level roll.

Also, on your later characters you can throw a lvl25 gem of ease on a lvl 70 weapon and it will be usable at level 1 and give you huge xp bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah this.

It WILL erase any items currently dropped on the ground, but honestly if someone opened 8x cubes in your game (like I did!!!) they deserve a learning lesson on not doing that.

It’ll also sometimes randomly reset your rift progress and stuff