Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
The goon community was never active as far as I can tell. I think it was mainly for an easy way to identify who was already playing instead of trying to arrange games.

I haven't loaded D3 in a while because I was getting frustrated at not really knowing what I needed to upgrade on my DH to progress in solo Grifting. The M6 build worked for a while but I couldn't get past 23 solo and for the love of me I could never figure out why. And trying to find information was a crusade into abbreviations that looked Greek to me. I figure when the Necromancer releases I'll get back into it more steadily; right now it's something to waste time when not playing Skyrim/World of FF/Final Fantasy XV (when that releases).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

anothergod posted:

Have any goons picked this up now with the new patch (seasons on console!)?

Seasons aren't coming until at least summer if I read correctly. I honestly can't wait for that.

Ran the Old Tristram event with a fresh Crusader. Even on Normal I was Lv 34 when it was done. About an hour or so to do.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

drill press corps posted:

Thank you for the mail present! I was playing with my wife the other night trying to farm up the last part (gibberish gem) for the Pony level. Does that still exist, or am I wasting time?

It exists. It took me about four to five hours of dedicated farming to actually get it to drop.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Good Citizen posted:

anybody going to jump on PS4 seasons when the doors open? Considering starting up a seasons DH

Doing the same, though my main DH needs work as I can only do GR47 or so by myself, never mind these primal drops I've never heard of until now.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

ExCruceLeo posted:

Do you have to do something special to have seasonal paragon transfer over ?

Nope. My 250 seasonal paragon levels ported to my main characters automatically. Went from 350 to 445 on its own.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

exquisite tea posted:

Yes, any class can left click their way through a GR65 in a game where the strongest builds can blast through GR100+ solo. A lot of things about Necro begin to break down at higher GR levels, which the D3 team (interns) have identified and will be improving for the next season.

Wish you'd say that to my DH. Oldest character I have and can't do better than GR51 solo.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

i think basically all you have to do to clear 50s on a dh is put on the ue set and faceroll through

Therein lies my problem. I'm not comfortable with the UE set; I've always used the M6/Rockets build. Just can't seem to find replacement pieces with better rolls on them. Gonna have to get over it at some point and learn to be comfortable with UE, but /effort.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

E2M2 posted:

Is there a way ot display the whole tooltip for items? I can't even see the set bonuses of my items.

On PS4, select the category (head, belt, etc) then use R2/L2 to scroll the specific item window on the right.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Folt The Bolt posted:

Right, I'm gonna have to look into how to open up Greater Rifts eventually, won't I?

Once you hit 70, clearing Nephalem rifts gives you Greater Rift Keystones that, when using one, open a Greater Rift.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

E2M2 posted:

Anyone figure out if there is a cosmetic tab somewhere? How do I bring up pets and portrait backgrounds?

Go to the “sack” in your equip screen. Pets and portraits are there along with gems and crafting materials, and accessories for your hirelings (enchantress/scoundrel/crusader).

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Feenix posted:

Easiest way to get white items? My drops are mostly higher up stuff now...

Look for interactables (Weapon Rack, Armor Rack, etc.). Those are about 95-100% gray or white drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

CYBEReris posted:

the vengeance multishot missile dh build is ridiculous and i feel like i'm cheating for using it

I used that for a good while on my DH (PS4). I’m experimenting with a different build now but 5 turrets plus multishot missile = things melted in a hurry.