Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

So I rolled a seasonal witchdoctor to get the last conquest I need for the season challenges, 2 set builds to solo a gr 55. Any wd talk to me about what to aim for?

A more experienced WD can chime in, but my kneejerk response is to aim for a Gargantuan build. It's a strong build that synergizes with two sets (Zunimasa and Helltooth). In rough priority order, you want Small Mans finger ring, Mask of Jeram voodoo mask, Tasker and Theo gloves, Lakumba's Ornament bracers and the Sacred Harvester sacrificial knife. You'll also need a royal ring cubed to wear everything necessary, but if you're going for the final conquest you likely already have that covered.

Honestly, you probably only need the ring and mask if you're just aiming to push 55. Any of those other items will just be gravy. You could also aim for a ring of emptiness and wormwood staff with the haunt belt, but that's serious overkill for a 55.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

I feel alright about $15 since we got Greater rifts, legendary gems, Kanais cube, and dozens of new items and sets for free over the last few years since Reaper. It's also pretty expensive to implement a new class, since they have a ton of art assets and the Necromancer also has the corpse system which apparently took the devs quite a bit of time to get working.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Awesome! posted:

is there a single build in this game that doesnt want to stack crit/crit dmg?

There are two archetypes that don't stack crit/crit damage

1: Thorns builds. Thorns can't crit, so those stats do nothing for the build. Crusader is the main user of this stat, with the Invoker set and Legacy of Nightmares bombard (AKA Ponysader) being the mainstays.

2. Support/ZDPS builds. The idea behind these builds is you sacrifice all your damage potential to enable your team mates through some combination of buffing defense, increasing group damage, and creating density by pulling mobs into huge murder fests. Monk and Barbarian are the supports of choice at this moment, but every class can manage a support build of varying effectiveness.