Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So what exactly is the key to getting up to higher level Torments after you're already basically set on gear? I'm currently running a Demon Hunter on T7 and i already have full Marauders, unless it really just comes down to hoping i can get them in Ancient Legendary form to increase their stats? Doesn't the cube let you do so?

You're pretty much never set on gear. This isn't meant to sound snarky, but if you're not absolutely melting T13, one-shotting basically everything, then you're not set on gear. Re-rolling for ancient/better stats is the way to get better gear, but it requires a boatload of materials, which requires a boatload of time spent farming. What I did was run rifts/bounties at a difficulty level wherein movement speed was the limiting factor in how quickly I could get it done. For you, that might currently be T4, but eventually it'll be T5, then T6, then eventually T10...

It's also helpful to start hitting GRifts and leveling up your gems, as those can make an enormous difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I am dumb and play D3 on both PS4 (daver3k) and XBONE (Mr Daveboto) if anyone needs a new hero powerleveled or would like to farm experience/gear/run some GRifts. I haven't played on PS4 in almost a year but was well into the 70s on GRifts there, and I haven't run a GRift on my XBONE since I picked the game back up but I'm handling T13 without too much trouble, so presumably GRift 60+ is what my Helltooth Gargantuan WD is currently capable of.

Might be interested in a more organized thing, on either console.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

unicr0n posted:

One question we are not sure of, during our travels we've picked up various legendary items at lower levels, now that we are lvl 70 should we be re-rolling those items in the Kanai cube to 'upgrade' them to a lvl 70 item with better stats, or is that not how that process works?

**edit** - didn't clarify, this is on PS4

That's not how the process works. If you reforge a level 67 Haunting Girdle in Kanai's Cube, you will wind up with another level 67 Haunting Girdle. I just sacrificed 50 Forgotten Souls to confirm this, just so I could be certain. (I also tried this way back when with the same idea you've had, and was pretty sure it hadn't worked, but couldn't remember with absolute certainty.)

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Awesome! posted:

thank you for your sacrifice for science. if 50 souls is an amount that matters to you post your psn id and ill send you some

Nah man, it was just another way of saying "I actually tried this to verify, and it doesn't work". I have approximately a hundred-jillion hours on D3 farming T10 with my chicken doctor and have melted down more Nemesis Bracers than there are atoms in the known universe.

Totally considering buying a PS4 Pro just to have 4K D3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefyYKqx328

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

xxEightxx posted:

Does that still extend in multiplayer when your follower isn't with you?

No.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

ExCruceLeo posted:

Anyone on PS4 clearing XIII bounties? This poo poo is boring/time consuming by myself and I need to reforge a bunch of legendaries. I will do TX or whatever also. ExCruceLeo

Edit: Watched some Necro play and it looks pretty sweet. Can't wait for that to come out.

I could get on and help you out with this, though probably not tonight. I'm "daver3k" and a member of our D3 community on PSN, so you can find me there.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Getting back into this after a year or so off. I'm playing on all consoles because I'm dumb and I like Diablo a lot. On PS4 I'm running a hardcore Necromancer this season. I just started a week ago and am at paragon ~250, comfortably running T8/GR35. Anyone else running hardcore this season and in the same ballpark? I'm looking to farm up the last few pieces of gear I need and then start pushing a bit higher and finish out the season journey.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

So I just bought this game for the Switch and am having lots of fun as Barbarian.

I tried looking up build, but none are Switch specific because it calls for stuff like using Rend and Whirlwind at the same time. Any advice on what I should go for?

You need to enable Elective mode in gameplay options, then you can map any ability to any of the six active ability buttons. You absolutely can use Rend and Whirlwind on the Switch at the same time, I am doing it right now. :)

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Switch goons - Anyone want to make a run at the Boss Mode conquest? I've got an appropriately-strong Barbarian (GR80+, absolutely melts T13, so T10 bosses will die basically instantly) and I'm looking for a partner or three to split up the running.

For pros of this Conquest, skip this paragraph. Otherwise: the basic idea is that we split up and sprint to separate bosses - say, I go to Urzael and you head to Malthael. Since Malthael is a much shorter run, you'll get to him before I'll get to the Tower of Korelan, and you'll say "about to start Malth" to let me know it's time to Town Portal. I'll do that, accept the quest for Malthael, we'll murder him, and then I'll use the map to head back to town, which will allow me hop in my old Town Portal and wind up half way to Urzael while you head on to Adria. Whichever gets to a boss first will trigger while the other Town Portals and we repeat all the way on down.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

sfmarine7 posted:

Hell yeah, add me:
SW-3541-1832-9129

I have a whirly Barb also at gr80ish levels and that will be my third conquest for the season.

Sent you a friend request. I have a fairly busy weekend but we'll get this knocked out.

Waffle! posted:

I hope they keep the double bounty rewards going forever.

That's the current season's "buff"; for Season 16, they're doing what they're calling "the Season of Grandeur" and the buff is that everyone will have the Ring of Royal Grandeur's power applied without having to wear the ring or equip the power in Kanai's Cube. I'd rather have the double Horadric caches myself but this will probably be neat to play around with.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

703 posted:

Just got this for the switch, how much single player content is there? Just got Leoric's crown and am killing goat people at the moment

What m.hache said, but also: it really depends on how much you enjoy the endgame. You'll finish the story in maybe 20-25 hours and depending on the difficulty you played on, you'll be around levels 50-60. The level cap is 70, and there's a bunch of new gear at that point. Once you hit the level cap, you start earning paragon levels, each of which gives you a stat point you can assign (and reassign at will, it's never permanent, so don't be afraid to try different things).

At some point after you finish the story and are looking for a bit of direction, you'll want to switch to Adventure Mode and start running bounties, which reward Horadric Caches. There are cache-only legendary items (Ring of Royal Grandeur, Illusory Boots, etc) and crafting materials.

The endgame is completing Greater Rifts, which are timed dungeons of increasing difficulty. Drop rate increases with difficulty, so very high Greater Rifts have a much better chance of dropping rare gear, which might just give you that next power spike, which might get you through a few more Greater Rift levels, which might drop some better gear... the loot treadmill.

If this is something you enjoy, then there's a nearly endless amount of single player content. Seasons keep things fresh, and there are now seven different character classes from which to choose, each of which has four or five endgame-viable builds (read: lots of loot to grind for each class). If it hooks you the way it hooked me, you could get many hundreds of hours out of it. Or maybe it won't, and that's alright too.

I'll end by saying that the endgame is probably best played with someone that's tackled it before since they'll have an idea of what needs to be done next (get Kanai's Cube, kill keywardens so you can fight the uber bosses, etc), but that's not at all a requirement and following the Season Journey will give you a pretty good progression roadmap.

Come back with any questions, someone is always happy to answer them. Good luck!

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Just finished the season journey (S19) on PS4 and rolled up a Barbarian on the Switch. Anyone needing a powerlevel on the PS4, feel free to hit me up; I'm not quite there on the Switch yet, but I should be in a day or two. For those that haven't been paying close attention, Blizzard is doing new 6-piece sets for all the classes with Monk and Crusader getting theirs first, and seasons 20 and 21 presumably finishing out the roster. This season's buff is pretty fun too (killstreak rewards). i got kind of bored last season even with the new Barbarian-specific item (Mortick's Brace) but this season has been a blast.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I'm still playing on both Switch and PS4; I've completed S19 on PS4 and have a couple more things to do on the Switch to finish out the season (one more conquest, level a couple of gems). If anyone wants a powerlevel and to play seasonal, I am happy to assist. Voice chat is pretty easy over Discord - there's a Nintengoons server we can use, or I've got one I run for friends and we could use that. Online co-op on the Switch really isn't too bad (if I'm hosting I'll dock and use wired ethernet for better stability), and it's straight-up awesome on the PS4 (again, if I'm host, I'm wired so no WiFi issues).

I'll be playing S20 on both consoles too because I'm dumb and can't quit this dumb game.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Seasonal and non-seasonal characters are completely separate. You can create a non-seasonal character to relax and play through the game co-op with your wife, and a seasonal character to enjoy seasonal play. That is probably the most straight-forward way to accomplish what you're looking to do.

Omnikin posted:

I also just picked up D3 for the Switch because apparently I'm gonna be home for months and months, and that same question but different: can I run seasonal stuff solo and make my progression while doing co-op with my wife through the campaign? I don't want to spoil too much or make it too hard too quick for her (well, for both of us, this is a first for me too)

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Omnikin posted:

I kinda get it. So once the DH rolls over to a normal character I can steal poo poo for my softcore Crusader. Or start a level 1 Crusader & open the gifts, then transfer after season. Easy

Seasonal and non-seasonal are currently separate; when the season ends, all seasonal gear and characters become non-seasonal, and you can access the items you gained in-season with your non-seasonal characters. Hardcore and softcore are forever and always separate, and there is no way to take Haedrig's Gift from a Hardcore character and give it to a softcore character, ever, no matter what you do. I'm not sure if that's what you were asking, but I thought I'd spell it out just in case.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Season 22 is started and it's pretty drat fun thus far - the seasonal buffs are a fourth slot in Kanai's Cube which is a wildcard (can be any extractable power) and a shadow clone whenever you pull a pylon or shrine which does pretty excellent damage.

I'm currently playing on PS4; if you're needing a power level and a few greater rift runs to get a character started, I'm happy to help out. I'm in EST (GMT -5) and generally play in the evenings - availability is around 1700-2200 or so.

I'll probably spin up a character on the Switch soon; if anyone is around to provide a power level or just start the season together, that would be swell.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I'm super-dumb for this game and rolled up seasonal characters on Xbox and Switch as well, so if there's anyone here looking to play, I'm currently active on all three console platforms. I'm 70 everywhere but as of today probably only able to powerlevel on PS4.

Edit - can power level on all three platforms.

becoming fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 9, 2020

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I just picked this up for the first time in 2021 and rolled a barbarian like a dummy because I liked playing the barbarian in hots. I don't mind the fury mechanic but she just seems, boring, right? I got to somewhere around Deckard getting hosed on in act 1 around level 20 and decided to reroll a wizard and it's a lot more enjoyable. I also realised my second hand switch joycon is having an issue being a single joycon so I cant play local coop until I either fix it or buy a second controller but tbh I'm not too stressed since it seems like playing with a single joycon would be an incredible chore.

Any good starter tips for someone who barely played D2? Apart from 'dont roll barbarian'

Barbarian, like all of the classes, has several viable builds, most of which play very different from one another - which is to say that you shouldn't write off any class based on just a few hours of play, especially confined to Act I of the main story. You might really wind up liking whirlybarb or IK HotA or who knows what, just like you might wind up hating Typhon Frost Nova Wizard.

Generally speaking, folks that are still playing Diablo 3 are playing the seasons; season 22 is about to wrap up if it hasn't already, and presumably season 23 will start a few weeks after that. The season journey gives a pretty good progression/roadmap to follow, and the guaranteed six-piece set is an enormous power spike which will allow you to mow down higher difficulty levels with higher loot drop rates, which will allow you to better equip your character, which will allow you to tackle higher difficulty...

There are a lot of little things that are best tackled with an experienced partner - D3, especially adventure mode, really benefits from having a guide that can quickly answer the fifty or a hundred little questions that will pop up. If you don't have that guide and don't want to find one here on the forums, Icy Veins is a reasonably good resource.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Aranan posted:

I was actually coming here to ask if switch MP was dead or not. I am leveling my seasonal character and haven't been able to find anyone doing sub70 bounties, but I assume anyone playing this late in the season would be on torment at least. Oh well, I'll keep leveling and look again at 70.

Most of us that are still playing D3 are playing seasonal, and thus there's always a big spike in activity at the beginning of the season and that fades out as everyone finishes the season journey, gets their rewards, and then plays something else for a few months.

I haven't played in a couple of months and don't remember where exactly my Wizard was at Torment-wise, but I can definitely power-level a full party. We'll have you to 70 in 10-15 minutes and then can run a few Greater Rifts so you can gear up a bit.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Ultimately the answer to any questions I asked so far has been 'play adventure mode, stupid' which I have steadfastly refused to do so far but I finished the campaign and that coincided with my main character hitting 70 so I've been doing some rifting and bounties, both are reasonably enjoyable. I'm alternating between cranking up the torment to look for legendary item drops and dropping it down to just burn through for rewards as quickly as possible. Am I right in assuming a greater rift key is only guaranteed to drop on torment or above?

I'm also glad to see it's relatively easy to find pubbies on torment 1, I'm not super interested in that atm and probably will turn it off for now but is there any contexts in which having a party is strictly superior?

Keystones should be dropping for you, according to D3 Resource's difficulty guide. Being with others increases your drop rates for legendaries and you gain experience faster; you lose your follower which, when properly equipped, is actually pretty helpful. I prefer to play with others, but I'd play solo if the other choice were "pubbies", as there are too many cheaters in Switch online play.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Feenix posted:

What’s this like on next gen? (Ps5/XSX)

I know there hasn’t been a specific next gen patch… but I am wondering if they look/run/load better? Any other perks?

Apparently character models on Xbox Series X are only 1080p, Blizzard needs to patch the game to enable 4K. On Series X, it plays about as well as it does on my PS4 Pro with SSD and my Xbox One X. Load times on the Switch are noticeably longer.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I don't check this thread enough or I would have helped you with that, DoctorZero. Hope you were able to get a third conquest and you've got the Dark Lordling following you around in Season 26.

Speaking of Season 26, it's pretty Diablo-y so far. I poopsocked it last night and am closing in on paragon 600 and GR 90. Haven't played Monk since S4 and I had a really slow start, but I'm getting the hang of Inna's Mystic Ally. I'm happy to power level anyone that wants to skip the grind to 70. Currently playing on PlayStation.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I finished the season journey on PlayStation but I’m still playing there quite a bit with friends; I decided I wanted the pet on Switch as well, so I rolled up a Demon Hunter and am clearing GR75 in about four minutes, so I’m able to play or power level there as well. Reach out via PMs or here in the thread if you’d like to play. I’ll go check in Discord as well, I have been lazy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Season 27 started in late August and it's pretty drat fun so far. The gimmick this season is that there's a new consumable, the Angelic Crucible, and you can apply this to any non-crafted legendary; this process re-rolls the item to have Primal Ancient stats and adds one of three class-specific powers, selected randomly. As an example, one of the Barbarian powers is Sanctified Whirlwind, which continually pulls all enemies within 25 yards while Whirlwind is active.

I can powerlevel on PlayStation and Switch, and in a few days on Xbox. There's a good number of folks active on the Diablo 3 Goons Discord server, come play with us.