Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is probs gonna lose to Rutgers but I have no expectations so it's fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa turned the all over 18 times, got killed on the glass, had a bad game from Jok and still won. Why does Rutgers have Division 1 sports?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I assume you mean the 1933 team today and yes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We're gonna lose but this Purdue/Iowa game is fun as hell and that's a win in it's own right

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This is my favorite bad Iowa team since Gatens' senior year when he shot like 70% from 3 for a month and dragged us to the NIT.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ColdBlooded posted:

Dumb play by Purdue not to go for the ball there, but that was pretty clearly last touched by Cook

There was one a couple possessions earlier they called off Cook that clearly wasn't so it's even now imo

Wooooooooo Hawks

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PotatoJudge posted:

He fouled Haas on that play.

Nah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They said it was off Cline initially and then said the review was inconclusive. It was probably off Tyler Cook. Swanigan also could have grabbed it pretty easily but decided to let it go out of bounds instead which: lol. This is definitely why Purdue lost, not their inability to make a basket in the second half of the game or their front line repeatedly getting owned by true freshmen in the pick and roll

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 13, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Beat Purdue, get smoked by Northwestern, sure, makes sense

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I care very deeply about how strangers watch sports

Chinatown posted:

The reffing for the KU/Iowa game is beyond bad. Like. Really...really bad.

Iowa State, not Iowa. Iowa is much better and based on the ISU games against Kansas and Baylor would definitely win the Big 12

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

I'm sure the team that couldn't beat Northwestern could definitely beat Kansas.

I can only go off available evidence. We beat ISU by way more. They haven't played Northwestern but I assume the wild cat would crush them

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

I'm just glad you're coming to grips with the fact that the Northwestern Wildcats Are Good And Not To Be Ignored.

Mostly I think the Big 12 is butt as evidenced by the Hawkeyes destruction of Iowa State and Kansas losing to Indiana

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol that ku fans are such babies that a really obvious joke sparked multiple serious replies

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
my dude literally typed kenpom dot com into his browser and pulled actual numbers because he was worried I might seriously think a team that lost to the second best team in the university of Nebraska system was better that the team currently ranked number 1

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
KU was 1 like two days ago, whatever.

I am happy to have a serious conversation about basketball if you want to. I don't think a post that was presenting an intentionally absurd argument and clearly made in jest is a particularly great building block for that. There was no way to have a serious conversation off of it because I was not being serious, which even you recognized before treating it seriously and accusing me of judging KU too harshly for some reason.

I am very sorry that this attempt to make a joke offended you so. It wasn't even that great a joke! It only became a thing because two of you somehow thought to necessary to offer genuine rebuttals, and that was funny to me.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 18, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pete Jok's back is going out on him and Jordan Bohannon can't stay in front of anyone, so if you have multiple guards who can get to basket please enjoy all the points we're gonna give you.

With Jok hurt we're probably the worst team in the conference. That stretch of being kinda feisty was fun though! And I'm still pretty excited about the freshman class going forward

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

Pete Jok's back is going out on him and Jordan Bohannon can't stay in front of anyone, so if you have multiple guards who can get to basket please enjoy all the points we're gonna give you.

With Jok hurt we're probably the worst team in the conference. That stretch of being kinda feisty was fun though! And I'm still pretty excited about the freshman class going forward

I'm glad I could inspire them

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Washington does not deserve Markelle Fultz

For the good of the sport the NCAA should grant him asylum and allow him to transfer midseason to a good team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

If Ben Simmons wasn't allowed to, then no one can. :colbert:

Fultz is better but Simmons should have also been allowed to!

Also thanks to Nebrasketball for biting that "losing to Rutgers" bullet

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Big ten basketball is trash this year and they still suck ungodly amounts of rear end

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FartingBedpost posted:

Everytime I watch Purdue play, they're one of the better teams I've seen. But they haves losses to Iowa and Minnesota? I don't get the Big 10.

it's bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

my friends are sitting courtside for Illinois Iowa. why would anyone want to see this crap up close

I feel so bad for Pete Jok. He was on pace for an amazing senior year before he hurt his back. At this point I'm not sure he should be playing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Clearly Pete Jok was just holding us back

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rutgers is hilariously awful and I am stoked for some fire Pete Jok takes if we win another game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Jesus Christ. Unless I'm missing someone while scanning the bottom of the power 5 conferences by Kenpom right now goes

197: Missouri
200: Washington State
273: Oregon State

Holy poo poo.

I was #blessed enough to be one of the 16 people with season tickets for the absolute nadir of Iowa basketball (2010, when our backup PG was Todd Lickliter's 5'5" son, who would then transfer to a terrible DIII team where he got significantly fewer minutes), and just went back to see exactly how bad they were. Only 174! That actually feels a little disappointing. We weren't even the worst team in the Big Ten. I somehow forgot just how bad Indiana basketball got for a bit there

Anyway, Missouri fans I am so sorry

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 3, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ColdBlooded posted:

Trash Maryland fans chanting "You are ugly" at Isaac Haas.

he is though

Also more evidence today that Iowa would win the Big XII, a bad conference

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

facts only

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We haven't really played anyone but Iowa has won 3 straight with Jok either out or extremely hobbled. No idea how this team is as good as it is, Fran has done an amazing job

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
we might still lose but I love this Iowa team so much. Great bounce back game for Jok

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa player called timeout loud enough to be heard on TV, got tied up with a guy out of bounds, and the refs called a jump ball that gave Minnesota the ball. Big Ten officiating!!!

We're definitely gonna lose in OT too, ugh

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 9, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The other stuff all happened after Iowa would have already won in regulation if they hadn't hosed up the jump ball soooo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pubic works project posted:

The point was that we all have a few sayings around here. "gently caress Duke" is chief among those. We don't have a "gently caress UNC" saying.......yet.

Speak for yourself, Roy Williams' whiny Huckleberry Hound rear end can eat poo poo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why is Iowa/Indiana on national television? No one wants to watch that. I barely want to watch that. Does ESPN know Alford is gone now? You can't spent 20 minutes on 1987 highlight anymore.

E: gently caress this poo poo

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 22, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa was never good but they were okay before Jok's back went out on him. Also Purdue isn't that great and the Big Ten is trash

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Great Autismo! posted:

dan dakich is one of the best possible play by play guys you could ask for, his insight is really, really good compared to other people that you might get

Lmao

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pubic works project posted:

Lol these refs are so lovely. Fouls left and right.

Except when Cook got loving tackled at the end of regulation

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Fouling out IU's entire team in OT was fun.

Also worth repeating that Iowa graduated almost everyone who got meaningful minutes last year except Jok and Baer. The only upperclassmen are Jok and Uhl (and Ulh is trash). Most of non-Jok production is freshmen (and it's not like we're recruiting like Kentucky) or a sophomore former walk on in Baer. It's kind of a miracle they're even as competitive as they are.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/bigtengeeks/status/834253593326809089

Lmao that staredown of Bryant after the dunk, Tyler Cook is the best

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
go hawks bitch wooooo

The Big Ten sucks so bad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

Did UVA and UNC move to the Big Ten? What the gently caress is that score.

UVA is typically indistinguishable from Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan era Wisconsin, for obvious reasons

• Locked thread