Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Nice win for the Cats. The freshman are legit. I think I'm going to like watching this team this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky so cold right now

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Well that sucks

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Malik Monk :woop:

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Go Cats! gently caress a cardinal.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I'm loving listening to these guys ripping Grayson Allen and Duke. Even Bilas was getting on him during the broadcast. Also liked when Seth Greenberg insinuated Duke gets special treatment from the ACC.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
poo poo :(

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Isaiah Briscoe gets second triple double of UK's season, third in school history.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK-Vandy refs are so drat whistle happy

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Saw the halftime score of KU-OU, decide to turn it on. KU promptly goes on 10-0 run to start the second half. Maybe I should turn it back off.

Also:

pubic works project posted:

gently caress Duke

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
OU misses a free throw that would have knocked off West Virginia in Morgantown. Going to overtime. West Virginia lead by 15 at one point. Been a really good game.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Boomer Sooner!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Fox twisted his ankle and is questionable to return. Kentucky is not near as good on offense without him, and South Carolina is getting back in this game.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

RumbleFish posted:

You'll be fine. Might even the field a bit since we're missing a top offensive player as well, but UK is just too athletic for us.

Monk came to life at the end of half to help keep a cushion. SC seems to be all Thornwell right now.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I was too tired to post it last night, but did anyone else see the end of Texas-Oklahoma? Sooners went up late after being down double digits in the second half, and Texas went into foul mode with about a minute left. OU kept missing free throws to keep giving Texas a chance, including missing two in a row, up 2, with about 10 seconds left. Texas then proceeded to hit the game winning 3.

You see the fouling strategy at the end of the game all the time, but it seems like it rarely actually works. Just goes to show, you have to hit your drat free throws.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

PotatoJudge posted:

How is Tennessee up 10 on UK?

Kentucky is playing by far their worst game of the season. Can't make a shot, can't rebound, just plain getting outhustled.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
God I hate Tennessee

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky's offense has been absolute poo poo the past few games. They're not good enough defensively to survive these poor shooting nights against good teams.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
It honestly feels like Kentucky has regressed as the season goes on.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I hesitate to say anything because they've tended to let teams back into games in the late minutes recently, but this is the best Kentucky has looked in a while. Best combined offensive and defense performance in a about a month.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Did not expect Kentucky to pull away like that after the way they played the first half, especially with Fox out, but that's a big win that should lock up the conference and give them the 1 seed in the SEC tournament. Also nice to get revenge after what Florida did to us in Gainesville.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Second game in a row with a slow start like this. Lucky to be as close as they are. Again. A few weeks ago it was giving up big leads late in the game. It would be nice if this team could learn play two good halves in the same game.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky came back from being down 19 to knock of Vandy and secure the SEC title. Vandy was up 25-6 with 8 minutes to go in the first half. It was 30-24 at the half, and Vandy jumped ahead big again in the second half. This is the second game in a row they've overcome a big deficit to win. And they let Georgia jump out to a 12-0 lead a couple games ago too. Only time I can remember something like this is the '98 team that overcame 3 big deficits in a row to win the title. Comeback Cats 2.0?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Here we go again, Kentucky down double digits early in the game.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky wins but these slow starts are going to come back to bite them if they keep doing it into the tournament.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Gonna get my laughs in at Kansas while I can before Kentucky loses to Georgia tomorrow.

Seriously, I am not looking forward to seeing JJ Frazier again. It's hard enough to beat a team three times in a season, but makes me especially weary when the first two wins came by the narrowest of margins after being outplayed the majority of each game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Seems like a good time for a gently caress Duke

• Locked thread