Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got some paper towels, Goldfish crackers, socks, a flannel and some storage totes for like $50. Those paper towels will last me forever too. Fuckin' Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Costco had 24 packs of Bell's Oktoberfest and now everyone is happy, huzzah!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Madison Heights if you're in Metro Detroit. Owns owns owns!!!!!

Jingleheimer posted:

Last week my Costco had 24 packs of Bell's Double Two Hearted Ale priced at $53.99 for a case. I doubt they'll ever carry that stuff again so I bought two of them. Can't say I feel good about myself for spending over a hundred bucks on beer, but what else am I supposed to do during a pandemic?

I buy like three cases of Guinness every March and my girlfriend gives me weird looks every time. It's just a good time to stock up on cheap Guinness sheesh

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jingleheimer posted:

What's the Madison Heights Costco like? I almost applied for a job there but didn't because of the commute. I know a couple people who work at the Livonia location on Haggerty and they have nothing but horrible things to say about it.

Hit or miss. It's definitely not the worst, but it's extremely busy and full of people who are in their own world. I strongly prefer Bougie Costco (Bloomfield Hills) but it's a little bit of a hike

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Any of you dudes try out this flannel?
https://www.costco.com/orvis-men%27s-big-bear-flannel.product.100568885.html

It's not the Jachs from the last few years, but it looks nice. 100% cotton heavy flannel is very much my jam. If anyone has gotten one of these lemme know the fit!

I might pick one up if they have it in stock locally when I go next. I have been wanting another heavier shirt style thing, as I've been enjoying them a lot lately

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

Not nearly enough caffeine.

24 packs of BANG ENERGY DRINK on sale right now, hope this helps

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Smaller Person Clothes at Costco is definitely a pain in the rear end. There have been more than a few times I bought a medium, thinking it'd be okay, but it's like Walmart sizing medium and I could fit a whole nother bagmonkey inside the dang thing if I wanted.

How has everyone's experience been returning cans and bottles? I was behind Guy Who Doesn't Return Cans Ever, and behind me was Boomer Lady Who Really Wants To Chat. Everyone was annoyed to be there, even though the wait was like five minutes tops

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nitrousoxide posted:

Do they have to live with you or can they be a friend?

My sister and I share a membership, it was easier than converting my parents membership to a business membership. Our cash back dividend we get pays for the membership every year, so it works out awesome for us.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Are you guys aware that they are selling Kirkland Signature branded sweatshirts now? I got one for me and my sis

https://www.costco.com/.product.1486926.html

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Friendos, what should I get on my next Costco trip? No thanks on fish stuff, but anything else I am game. Here's my list so far

1. Paper Towels
2. Toilet Paper
3. Bubbly Fizzy Drinks
4. Granola bars

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Orvin posted:

Not sure if it would help, but in addition to the giant sack of Kirkland trail mix, they also sell a box filled with snack sized servings.

These are absolutely wonderful for when you're out and about camping/hiking/biking/etc

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got these from Costco on my last trip and they are fuckin' delicious. Ajinomoto Vegetable Yakisoba.

https://sameday.costco.com/store/items/item_80011233

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

El Jebus posted:

I get those, too. I like to add kimchi and a slice or two of some grilled spam.

That sounds pretty drat awesome, I may try that. Any other suggestions from the frozen section? I think I'm gonna be finally getting a chest freezer because I'm realizing the frozen goods at the 'Co are kinda dope

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

No Pants posted:

They'll kill a little bit of everything, so buying them for no reason is probably a bad idea. They will try to kill hummingbirds and mostly not succeed, but they'll get native pollinators like moths, butterflies, and bees.

I mean, can anyone give me a good reason why you'd need to bring a new species into your garden to get rid of another species? It just becomes that episodes of the Simpsons where eventually you'll end up with garden apes to control the garden snakes to control the garden rodents to control the garden mantises that get rid of your Japanese fake-lady bugs

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

The 32 degrees ones are really good.

Those ones are pretty good. I really like the Champion ones too. The Calvin Klein ones are decent but not worth the extra $$$ imo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dxt posted:

Kirkland hard seltzer has finally arrived at my local 'Co :getin:

I got some last trip and I'm Pleasantly Surprised with it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I'm debating getting the Citi Costco card and have a weird question. I'm currently splitting a membership with my sister, would I need to get my own membership and then apply for the card then? Also, how does the card compare to others? I don't really travel, just want to start using a cashback card

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

I had to put in my wife's membership number to get my card so it might be a long term pain for you to set it up on that joint account depending on who signed up.

I like the card for the 2,3and 4% categories. The common complaint is you only get the cash back once a year. I kind of like because then it's concentrated as a huge payment.

Combined with the exec card I like feeling that I'm getting a 4% discount at Costco.

Okay, that helps a lot. I'll probably sign up for my own executive membership and then apply for the card. I'm aiming to get a chest freezer some time this year and then the REAL Costco adventures will really begin.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Am I remembering correctly that occasionally Costco has good sales on chest freezers? I'm looking to get one to compliment our tiny-as-gently caress one in the fridge, mostly because I'd like to have more frozen meats/veggies/single meals on hand. Also debating stopping by tonight even though I don't really need anything.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you want a non-busy time to go to Costco, try 7pm on a Tuesday. I went tonight and got some Short's Soft Parade Shandy, Kirkland Seltzers and some other poo poo. Barely any wait at checkout, only one bitchy lady who sucks at driving a cart

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's obviously "UH KAH EYE" if you have a Midwestern accent

Should be getting my BRAND NEW COSTCO VISA REWARDS CARD soon, super fuckin excited to barely change my spending habits and actually get something back

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

Costco generally doesn't sell junk so if you see a new toaster or set of pans or whatever that you need for the new house, you can be reasonable assured that it will be of high qualtiy and have the features you need.

I've bought some junk from them before, but their generous return policy means that's not a big deal. That's part of the magic of Costco, if something sucks, they are cool with you returning it. Most of the time though, everything is high quality and cheaper than I would be able to get anywhere else

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I forgot that Costco requires for you to buy two packages of their fuckoff sized muffins and decided to deliver some muffins to my friends/neighbors this morning since I don't have a ton of freezer space. Yay Costco!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fizzymercury posted:

Kirkland hard seltzer tastes worse than Kirkland light beer.

I think it's pretty good for what it is. It gets me drunk and it doesn't have a poo poo after taste, so it's good by me

My Costco is out of the tower fans and I'm big time sad about that

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

Why would you go today when the sale starts tomorrow?

There's always a reason to go to Costco, my friend

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

Get the Costco card and only use it for Costco and gas? Worst case you eek out a few more percentage points on gas and have a bunch of extra credit you don't use.

Right now it's my only rewards card, but eventually this is going to be how I use mine. The extended warranty + cash back at a place I got to super regularly makes it worth it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Full Metal Jackass posted:

AN ASSOCIATE IS ON THE WAY

Cashier comes and punches in their code, clears error.

Scan item, put in bag.

PLEASE PUT THE ITEM IN THE BAG

I've used Costco self checkout like twice because I rarely only go for less than 3 or 4 items. But when I have gone, it's busy as hell but very efficient.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Kirkland Signature Golden Margarita ready-to-drink is fuckin' good. I legit fixed my ice maker just to enjoy the poo poo out of this bottle.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm still not understanding this concept.

You need more beer on Sunday.

I think it's a Midwestern thing. As someone who's lived in Michigan his whole life, you need more beer on Sunday. When they lifted the Sunday early purchase limit in MI, we all gave the Lions a few more years to get their poo poo together

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have some bad news about a few more years. :(

Well you see, we got a new GM and a new coach and.... (For the record - gently caress the Lions, the Tigers torture me enough)

In Costco news, my credit union rejected my payment for my Citi card for some reason, need to figure out why. I'm a weirdo with two checking accounts, so that's half the problem, but still would've been nice if I didn't get docked $29 for that given that it was the first time using that account.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

McGurk posted:

The mini chocolate chip cookies are soooo good

So good they are downright dangerous. I had to seal the bag and throw them across the room yesterday because I think I idly ate 30 of those little delicious fuckers

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://slickdeals.net/f/15182212-costco-member-only-savings-valid-august-4-august-29th

New Costco ad leak is up on Slickdeals and I see that the LG CordZero A916 Cordless Stick Vac is on sale. Has anyone used the LG stick vac before? The extra battery is a huge selling point to me, since we have multiple cats and an old house.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its nice and functional overall, but you're definitely paying a premium for cordless, and suction is probably better on corded vacs in general

I'm currently using a 15+ year old Kenmore canister (Panasonic rebrand) that I absolutely fuckin' hate portability wise, but like otherwise. I really want to give a cordless a shot because I'm hoping it not being a whole rear end thing to vacuum might make it more appealing to do it in small chunks. Luckily Costco has a not lovely return policy!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like sparkling rear end water and the only flavor that bothers me is Lacroix Hibiscus, which I used to like at some point. It's real nice because a few of my friends buy variety packs and give me their lemon/lime/key lime/tangerine/whatever the gently caress I don't care just no hibiscus

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Midniter posted:

My thoughts on this item:

Still a big fan of it. The canister is on the somewhat smaller end, but it's a breeze to empty (takes literally seconds).

Being able to remove the long main tube and essentially have a dustbuster that takes any of the attachments is a real gem, too. Makes vacuuming stairs way easier.

Thanks for this! I'm gonna pick it up once it goes on sale. The nice part is, if I don't like it, Costco lets you return things without a hassle! Yay!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've found a brand of seltzer I won't drink. I drink LaCroix, aHA and Bubbly mostly.

Gonna go to Church this week and get that LG vacuum that's on sale. I'll let you guys know how it is!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

speaking of vacuums, during my last store trip i saw vacuums going for like $500+ and it was just low and mid tier brands, like dyson for example. if you're gonna spend that kind of money on a vacuum i don't understand why you wouldn't just get a miele :shobon:

I'm working on bullying my S/O into letting me drop the money a proper vacuum, aka the Miele that Costco sells.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i wish you good luck. the costco miele looks very similar to the one i have and mine is a glorious beast that will last forever

I'm currently limping along with a 15 year old Kenmore-branded Panasonic canister vac and that thing is a loving tank. I want another canister because I know it'll last for FOREVER, but "stick vacuums are soooooo much more convenient!". Which means I'll just get the Miele once the novelty wears off for my S/O!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

The LG Cord Zero that Costco puts on sale once in a while is great. Comes with two REPLACEABLE batteries, unlike the Dysons which are sealed.

This is what sealed the deal for me with the LG vs a Dyson. Replaceable batteries are the poo poo, anything other than replaceable batteries is just hostile to the environment AND owner

Any suggestions on poo poo to pick up that's on the flyer for this month? Going tomorrow after I go hang with my grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I bought the vacuum. And a bunch of other poo poo I probably didn't need, like an extra pair of sneakers and an Orvis flannel I missed last year. So far I'm really happy with the vacuum, it's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Goons