Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
How many chickens do I have to sacrifice to get into the god damned multiplayer lobby :argh:

I wanted to try joining a raid :(

Edit: Additionally, are some of the elder kai training missions just bugged? The one that asks me to stamina break > knockback > beam super causes my teacher to start congratulating me and then takes away the UI and now I'm just in limbo futilely doing the same thing over and over to try to knock it loose.

Chachi fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel the same. I only lack two trophies now, one is the Expert Missions one because I'm entirely stuck on EM15. I've been told the next two are easier (and then the DLC2 ones are bullshit, but they aren't neccesary) but at this rate I don't think I'll ever manage to beat it. The farthest I've gotten is Janemba at low health, and then I timed out. Normally I die around Buu.

Would this be the one which is just a slog through the super versions of various villains who can only be harmed by supers / ultimates? How in the blue hell do people beat that one without running out of time?

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Some characters are more bullshit to fight against than others. Goku is monumentally frustrating because his back-hit to intercept your vanishes is so much faster than most others'. Best I can say is experiment with side and backstepping, make use of evasives to stagger him or knock him away, and practice perfect guards. A successful perfect guard gives you about a full second to haul off and clock him.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

I'm imagining two characters firing kamehamehas (or equivalents) at the same time and when the beams hit the entire thing pauses and they do a panaromic 360 sweep around the action.

If that doesn't happen you'll eat my hat.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Ardryn posted:

The DBZ mod for half-life 1, where both parties pour more power into the beam so that when one side finally loses the entire map gets gibbed.

Earth's Special Forces was supremely my poo poo back in the day :hellyeah:

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Are we to take from this that the game's going to be exclusive to microsoft consoles? Because if so :barf:

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Is there any truth to a thing I heard which says that a sequel to DB fusions is coming soon? If that's the case I'll probably wait for it rather than spring for the first one.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

So would the swap button just cycle you through all 5 guys in order? You don't get to play as Ginyu + 2 other full characters, but instead if you choose Ginyu that's your whole 3 man team? That could be super interesting. You'd have to be good at playing all 5 characters to be effective.

Speaking of super, a little surprised we don't have any characters more recent than Buu in the flow of things. We have gold Frieza as a super move, but no Berus, no Hit or SSJB or even SSJ-God. But there's almost what, 6 months before this comes out? They just announced three more fighters, one of whom is OC. Plenty of time to throw in a few more faces.

But we do have bluper saiyan goku and super cyan vegeta per this reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcXF-Ltv2D8

I expect people's meaning re: Ginyu would be that he's a single character slot and a large portion of his moves involve the other GF members briefly zipping in to do something.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

The tutorials are hot garbage. Some of them can't even be completed.

Vanish stepping or whatever it's called is easiest achieved by getting a feel for the rhythm of the inputs. A normal step is achieved when you use the trigger while moving (so you scoot in the designated direction). While you're in the middle of this scooting animation, pressing the jump button causes you to vanish. Using an alternating rhythm between the trigger button and the jump button will help you get the hang of it pretty quick.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Do you have a QQbang that's appropriate for your character equipped?

This google docs spreadsheet has some numbers run on damage for skills. According to the author, the data is for a male saiyan, level 90, with no points in any attribute:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jsuxvZlD55j1Ji1n7SvGr_27UrN5ZqMoxDifY5r37Go/edit#gid=1202944195

You probably already know this, but the best way to make sure they don't vanish out is to break their stamina before you go for the ultimate(s).

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

I prefer baldies on the left, normal hair in the middle, and the rest on the right.

Ok, hold up. Videl and her dad aside, who the hell has "normal" hair in Dragonball?

Don't say Gohan, he knows what he did.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

I want whoever set the drop rates on PQ / expert mission rewards to be eaten by wild pigs. While we're at it, chuck the son of a bitch who came up with expert mission #20 in the hog pit as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is there a guide or map to where Buu's food spawns? I kinda only find it randomly right now.

There's an NPC on the right-hand side of the road up to the accessory shop / patroller academy named Sissito who will give you two pretty good food items about 75% of the time it feels like. She has a red question mark over her head.

Actually there are many NPCs like that all over Conton City. It's usually a good idea to sniff around them any time you're nearby.

EDIT: Yeah you can also just buy food.

Chachi fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 5, 2018

• Locked thread