Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

slurry_curry posted:

Didn't they try a "software fix" on the 2.0 motors that didn't do anything? I have a feeling its an attempt to buy some time hoping they don't have to buy back all of them.

Gonna attempt to call VW again today, see if I can talk to someone who might have actual answers instead of giving me bullshit to get off the phone. I still can't get over the fact they told it would "take a couple of days to upload my documents, its 7 pages so it takes a long time".

the big difference is gvwr, the US has more lenient requirements if its a "truck" (ie over 6,000 gvwr). Thats why a patch will work for suvs but not passenger cars. Its loving stupid if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

interwhat posted:

How many door latches/lock modules?

If t makes you feel better, I'm getting 16k back on a one year old car with 15k miles that I paid $25k for. Yea plus the restitution, I'll "make out" pretty much even. Negative if they don't compensate for the $2200.00 100k mile warranty. So much for keeping it till 100k lol heh heh

They wont, ffs read your contract and call and have it canceled. 99℅ of the third party warranty's have cancellation policy's. I posted about this like five months ago. And the ruling in the court case said pretty much the same.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Vw : not a chance in hell ever again. Audi: possibly, porsche: yes.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Still have my lovely jetta but bought a 16 sonata plug in hybrid today. The vplan they are offering tdi owners is insane , msrp of 39705 walked out the door at 30,500 after all rebates and discounts. Bank said i didnt have to put dow a downpayment if i didnt want to because i was already past the 90% ltv. Also, the v plan is better than their own dealer employee discount.

Edit: none of this is counting my downpayment or the 4900 $ federal tax credit u receive with your return.

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 1, 2016

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

VW is still checking my eligibility (3 weeks now), gently caress this stupid company. It must be one digit of my VIN a business day.

Also for those people saying they would strip their cars, the reddit tdi page has a thread where apparently VW will put you through a whole thing and could deny if it looks like intentional dismantling.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Kramdar posted:

What state are you in? I'm trying to reasonable justify what could possibly be the hold up. Our last email from them was Nov. 3rd. We're in SoCal. I don't know if it's sheer volume of TDIs in LA, or if it has to do with which dealer we picked. Or if it's because we have a "file" at VW corporate from before.

Washington. I also got my file deleted when i asked them to bump up my mileage. I almost think vw credit applicants are getting served last so they can keep bringing in that sweet sweet .9% interest rate on my loan.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

It has officially been 31 calendar days that they have taken to determine my eligibility. Seriously what the gently caress. I wish they would communicate anything to tell me whats taking so long.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Per jalopnik, the judge preciding over the case said dont gently caress with your tdis. Not surprised in the least, dont f with people that have alot of attorneys.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Its been nearly 45 days getting to step 16 is anyone else waiting that long, i have vw credit.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

The tin foil hat in me wants to think they will drag their feet on vw credit apps to keep collecting that interest and cash flow. But who knows

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Ya mine is a 15 so i have literally no history on it. It mostly bugs me because its sat for the last month and i have a lovely feeling its going to be a bitch to get running. Might just go out and put a brick on the gas pedal and let it bounce of the 2k limiter in park for 30 minutes.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

fknlo posted:

Mine sat for 2 weeks. It started just fine but ran like complete poo poo until it warmed up. I'd go drive it around for a bit if I were you.

I should, i dont have insurance or registration on it tho. So maybe just up and down my driveway.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Well 45 days has come and gone, tried calling and the automated message says "We are just as confused as you we totally have no info", chat function does not work on phones or they keep disconnecting me after i ask about timelines. Dont know why i thought anything would change.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

fknlo posted:

I'm almost at 20 days with no word since my documents got accepted. I'm in no huge rush, I just want the payment gone and to not be paying insurance on it any more. I'm going to Colorado in a week and I'd love to put the miles on it instead of my GTI but I'm terrified I'll wreck it and be out a ton of money.

I said gently caress it and dropped insurance, the car hasnt moved in two months and sits in my driveway.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Got an email saying my state registration showing a purchase date of 8/29/2015 but plates issued on 10/5/15 is not conclusive that I owned the car before 9/15/2015. it took them 50 days to tell me this and they wont even tell me if I move to the back of the line now, the lady was completely unable to budge and kept saying i need to show prior registration (wtf there is none it was bought on 8/29/2015 from a loving VW dealership). gently caress this poo poo company forever.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Maybe you should call and see whats going on with yours.

I just finished everything and the soonest return date I could get was March 8th. So it took about 7 days from submitting the docs to finishing it up.

Now I just wait and decide what to get next.

That won't help, they will refuse to give any time frames now. I've called and tried to ask twice. Mine is even a fifteen which I thought they would want to buy fast and turn around with the fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Submitted Date 10/15/2016
Offer Received 1/19/2017 (although the letter was dated 12/5/2016)
Dealer Date 2/22/2017

Thank god this thing is almost over.

• Locked thread