Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

lol the malaise of the post-modern era. they know something is wrong, but don't know how to fix it it gnaws at their minds

I know how to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tbh i would have voted "no" too, because the answer to stabilizing such a political system isn't "make the upper chamber irrelevant," it's "make it so that both chambers have to sign off on a no-confidence vote." is there any reason why Renzi didn't go with that?

Corek posted:

The Five Star Movement is the most shapeless populism I've seen yet. It doesn't seem either left or right-wing, or anything like that.
i read an article that called Beppe Grillo (the founder of the Five Star Movement and the owner of the fakest-sounding name imaginable) an Italian Alex Jones. i can't imagine how that could possibly lead to an aimless movement at all

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 04:40 on Dec 5, 2016

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

tbh i would have voted "no" too, because the answer to stabilizing such a political system isn't "make the upper chamber irrelevant," it's "make it so that both chambers have to sign off on a no-confidence vote." is there any reason why Renzi didn't go with that?
Red dots are Renzi's party....hmm nope sorry can't figure out your question

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AceRimmer posted:

Red dots are Renzi's party....hmm nope sorry can't figure out your question

thanks for the info. good luck with that italy

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Um I just checked prison planet and it appears that Beppe Grillo is a goon

quote:

Beppe Grillo, Leader of the Five Star Movement
“It’s an extraordinary turning point. This corn cob – we can also call Trump that in a nice way – doesn’t have particularly outstanding qualities. He was such a target for the media, with such terrifying accusations of sexism and racism, as well as being harassed by the establishment – such as the New York Times – but, in the end, he won.
:vince:
Source: http://www.prisonplanet.com/beppe-grillo-the-amateurs-are-conquering-the-world-because-the-experts-destroyed-it.html

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

I know how to fix it.

honestly yeah, jesus was describing a sort of communism. the PROBLEM with communism is that like, people like homework explainer will get to drive in your car and gently caress your wife and eat when there is no food

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baloogan posted:

honestly yeah, jesus was describing a sort of communism. the PROBLEM with communism is that like, people like homework explainer will get to drive in your car and gently caress your wife and eat when there is no food

Maybe we could try lining the politicians up against a wall and wait a few years to see if things improve with just that before implementing homework cucking?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Friendly Humour posted:

Maybe we could try lining the politicians up against a wall and wait a few years to see if things improve with just that before implementing homework cucking?

communism steals a man's dignity. and the mehcanism for this is homework explainer rolls up in a ZiL, takes your food, your guns, your clothes and spits on you and then you thank him and call him comrade

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if communism was run by robots and not homework explainers then yeah id be okay with communism

but its the cucking and spitting and stealing parts of communism that im not cool with

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im also not happy that communism requires that people liek bill gates and elon musk get executed for whatever reason

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
this is not the right thread.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
C-SPAM full communism thread is a good idea

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

im also not happy that communism requires that people liek bill gates and elon musk get executed for whatever reason

Actually the picture was of distributism.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

AceRimmer posted:

Real results screencap:

Well, Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany never disappoint.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 09:01 on Dec 5, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my colleague is from the puglia, wonder what's his opinion about this stuff

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
italy should just roman republic cosplay

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
with football equipment

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

italy should just roman republic cosplay

seeing as how their banks are about to collapse this could well happen

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The Roman Republic still hosed up/conquered a good chunk of Europe so if that's the alternative than they can keep up their “Europe's weird uncle who drinks too much and always goes on about his bygone glory days in college football“ stick as far as I am concerned

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

System Metternich posted:

The Roman Republic still hosed up/conquered a good chunk of Europe so if that's the alternative than they can keep up their “Europe's weird uncle who drinks too much and always goes on about his bygone glory days in college football“ stick as far as I am concerned

That's pretty much every country in europe

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Credito delanda est

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
credere delanda est

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
The funniest possible option for the future of the European Union is
1.) Further Eastern expansion
2.) Succession of -exits
3.) Only countries left in the EU are in the Balkans
4.) European Union lives on as Yugoslavia 3.0 :tito:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

jBrereton posted:

Oh god not unstable governments. think of the economy!!!!

are you going to argue that italy's government is good

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

System Metternich posted:

America is the new Rome. Let's bring all of Europe into our fold.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

AceRimmer posted:

The funniest possible option for the future of the European Union is
1.) Further Eastern expansion
2.) Succession of -exits
3.) Only countries left in the EU are in the Balkans
4.) European Union lives on as Yugoslavia 3.0 :tito:

5.) EU becomes Mitteleuropa

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

PleasingFungus posted:

are you going to argue that italy's government is good
No, which is part of the reason it shouldn't have much more power, imo.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's because they're willing to blame everything but capitalism for why their lives are lovely. Ethno-nationalists are in for a rude awakening when they realize that technological parity means they can't go back to the old colonial model of exploitation.
This is from way down town, but gosh this is the most succinct explanation for this whole phenomenon. What is their plan here when China has enough ICBMs alone to end human civilization and india and pakistan have nukes too?

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

jBrereton posted:

No, which is part of the reason it shouldn't have much more power, imo.
It's bad because it's too weak to do any good, not because it's too good at doing bad things. Hth

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

It's bad because it's too weak to do any good, not because it's too good at doing bad things. Hth
it's pretty good at being corrupt

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Corruption happens when there is nothing for you as a politician to do and you're bored. Same reason people get pulled over for bullshit by cops

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Looking forward to the irony of the EU gradually shriveling down to Germany and its WWII occupied countries only

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

I disagree, the italians have an exceptionally good health service and an education system that produces some of the best in Europe in terms of scientists and engineers. I don't think you'd necessarily get more of that with a more powerful parliament, and those are the things people respect a government for doing well.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

Looking forward to the irony of the EU gradually shriveling down to Germany and its WWII occupied countries only
European future is reverse WW2, strong left-wing government in Germany and a lol left-wing government in Italy vs The Deplorable Continent.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

AceRimmer posted:

European future is reverse WW2, strong left-wing government in Germany and a lol left-wing government in Italy vs The Deplorable Continent.

Probably alligned with Poland, but only because the Theocrats in Poland fear Russia.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AceRimmer posted:

thanks for pulling canada into your hellwar, jackasses

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Oh and this being reverse WW2, guess how we intervene? :911:
See you on Wansee Beach. :mil101:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

being WWIII poland sucks

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Fat men on mopeds in full Lancer cosplay charging German tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

AceRimmer posted:

Russia has even horseshoe theoried all the way around from state communism to state oligarchy, owns

• Locked thread