Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People in the first world are weird and incredibly wasteful around food. That piece of broccoli that fell on the countertop for two seconds is still okay to eat. You don't have to toss everything one minute past its sell-by date, which is just put there arbitrarily the by food companies to make you buy more of their poo poo anyway. If your apple is a little bruised on one side, just cut that part out and have the rest. Or you can probably just eat the bruised side too, it won't kill you. Cheap cuts of meat, liver et. al are all delicious when prepared in the right way and you don't have to eat Trump steaks every night. If you go out to a restaurant and can't finish the meal, get a box and take the goddamn thing home. Don't leave half of it out to rot because you're too lazy to put something in a microwave for three minutes. We live in a world with increasingly strained resources and the utter disrespect some people have for the abundance that surrounds their lives drives me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

1 is a prime number.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm a big foodie but I like fake maple syrup more than the real thing tbqh.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The American diet is actually perfectly suited for our nation of 350 million marathon runners.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My personally held unpopular opinion is that people are way too elitist about food in general which sometimes leads to bizarre cultural fetishism privileging what is essentially the comfort food of other regions. Like people who fall over themselves to fake disgust and mock the great sin of ranch on pizza while espousing the great virtue of some $8 elotes, essentially Mexican junk food, they bought off a food truck. I’m a pretty fit person and have enough money to buy whatever I want now but that wasn’t always the case and when people feign their hyperbolic online revulsion of cheap functional food that help people feed their families then I get mad. Now I’m not saying that the food industry moguls aren’t all horrible monsters who sell us a ton of crap every day, because that’s definitely true, but I know what it’s like to not have a whole lot and I’ll eat a humble pop tart and artisanal charcuterie just the same.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

1 should be a prime number and it's totally hosed up that it isn't considered one any longer. Basically the only reason why is that there's something called the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra that would have had to include an asterisk for "except 1" and instead of just revising the rule or writing a better theorem, some math nerds back in the 1800s decided to demote 1 to not being prime. But 1 IS prime! It's literally the most prime integer you can have! That's burnt.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

CSPAM has too much...well, SPAM. I like reading it sometimes but you leave for like an hour and there are like 1000 unread posts. I don't know how the people who post there manage to keep up.

Pretty sure every regular there is a daydrinker and/or self-medicating addict of some variety.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I run for very long distances, which I suppose is another form of addiction.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Aramek posted:

I've not seen any of Black mirror because I'm behind in all media ever made, but I've heard it described as the Twilight Zone but for luddites.

It's very hit and miss, much like the original Twilight Zone.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One of the very best Black Mirror stories (San Junipero) is also one of the few optimistic episodes so that would be good to start with, alongside the decidedly less-happy offerings like White Bear and Fifteen Million Merits.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

the reason i'll never be able to handle anime is they always scream every single drat line unless they are the dark mysterious guy who when they walk only their shoulders move back and forth. I have never seen an anime that is laid back. It's always japanese people screaming at each other even if it's something as simple as saying good morning. Settle down.

That doesn't happen nearly as often as the old lady noises every character makes whenever there's a break in the dialogue.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This entire premise is wack because yes, bread rice and basically anything edible by humans has varying degrees of chewiness. Al dente means toothy and still slightly firm, not "raw pasta out of the box."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Running every day sounds like hell

Tired all the time, hungry all the time, unable to stop running for more than a day without feeling horrible about myself. But in ridiculously good shape, get to eat everything in sight, and don't get winded walking up a flight of stairs like 95% of all Americans. It has its ups and downs. Once you begin to tolerate the sight of your toenails turning black and falling off every once in awhile, you're good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

People who habitually use shrug emojis are intellectual cowards with no real convictions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There are multitudes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

As a non-fan of Batman, I am offended that they keep making more Batman movies. It's gotta be one of the most boring stories ever told, and they keep telling it over and over. Please stop.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The number 1 should be considered prime. I’ve read all the reasons why mathematicians exclude it from the set of prime numbers, and they are all unconvincing to me. Instead of saying okay okay but 1 doesn’t count for everything, they should invent a better rule. You can’t get much more primal than the number freakin 1! #mopa

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't think any Dota player with 5,000 hours played would ever admit to enjoying it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't drink instant coffee myself but I do keep a tin around for baking since a surprising number of cake and brownie recipes call for it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Food snobbery is just being a picky eater in reverse, with a little dash of classism thrown in. Humans wouldn't have survived as long as we have as a species if everything you consumed caused you to wretch and gag like people love to portray online. Oh my god mayo, not eggs oil and some salt anything but that lol. I'm a mega foodie and I'll eat everything from some froo-froo artisanal whatever to the humble pop-tart. We've evolved to enjoy pretty much anything we can stuff down our collective gullets, and to pretend that your palette is simply too refined, too delicate to enjoy some good-rear end Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli from time to time impresses nobody.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Having read the LOTR novels several times as a child, the movies are WAY BETTER and the extended editions get worse the more stuff from the book they tack on.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When people say "if you tell me I can't do something, that means I'm gonna try 10x harder!" Most people see tend to see this as some kind of inspirational quote about that person triumphing over adversity instead of failing to follow the probably accurate advice of multiple observers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lynch's public persona is the exact opposite of what you might expect if you think he's just some pretentious film nerd. For the past two years he's uploaded one-minute videos to his youtube channel every day with the local weather report in a completely flat affect.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I've had to send back like one plate of food in my entire lifetime.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Instead of changing anything about the fast food industry I think America should instead become a nation of 350 million marathon runners.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

credburn posted:

2022: For the 38th year in a row Magic Man is two minutes too fuckin long.

Edge of Seventeen is a classic but the radio edit that cuts out the final verse is superior, imho.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What's the therapy equivalent of when there's some cute gym girl in the mirror in front of you and you want her to move the gently caress out da way so you can gaze upon your own beautiful form.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Most of those people do not realize that virtually all the meat and produce we eat today are horrifyingly deformed mutants our ancestors experimented on for millennia to grow quickly and be palatable to humans. It's hilarious to read some "paleo" diet recipe that's like, steak with brussel sprouts lmao.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

People who can't wait to report how some harmless fast food gave them explosive diarrhea after every meal are either lying or have a severely compromised digestive tract and should seek medical help immediately. "I ate a burrito from Taco Bell and got the shits." "I ate chili from Wendy's and was on the toilet all afternoon." "I ate a ladyfinger from Cafè Saisson in the Jewelry District and violently shat my pants." No you didn't, and also, no one wants to hear if you did.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Putting butter in your coffee is not that weird. Butter is just cream + some extra time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Supposedly, a pinch of salt in your coffee is the "Navy way" of drinking it (or so I've heard).

A little bit of salt in your coffee can help take off some of the bitterness, if you're drinking some cheap diner swill or presumably what they served on active deployment.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That depends. I once roomed next to a Polish couple and their fights were legendary. Definitely a Top 5 nagging wife language for sure.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Nameless Pete posted:

Abolish the word its, as distinct from it's. All possessives should have apostrophes. But that's just m'y opinion.

Go one step further and just abolish the apostrophe altogether, nobody knows how to use it and in almost all cases the meaning can be derived contextually.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wait which Forever Young are we talking about. Because yes to both.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All the other possible cool ways you can look cool on a bike were already demonstrated in the 2004 film, "Torque."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Christianity is a weird one because it's a monotheistic religion whose leaders spent hundreds of years attempting to explain how one logically be both fully human and fully divine. They probably would have loved the idea of the half button press in Mario 64 speedruns.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

There are so many transplants in San Francisco now that are trying to make "bodegas" into a thing here. We don't have bodegas. We call them corner stores! Even if they aren't on a corner. gently caress off with your brownstones and chopped cheese, bbiiiiitch!

There is like one alley in Manhattan where film crews are permitted to shoot, which makes people think that NYC has alleyways, when in fact it has very few. That's why the entire city smells like garbage all the time, we have to put all our trash out on the street!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Unfortunately with the absence of R. Mika in SF6 we are sorely lacking in characters that can destroy you with their rear end.