Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Aramek is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
favorably comparing Florida’s weather to California’s is insane

Have you been to either of those states, or did I miss a joke?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tiggum posted:

The best MCU movie is Thor: Ragnarok, and it's not very good.

To get us back on topic, it is very good on LSD.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Stealth Tiger posted:

My unpopular opinion is that surprise parties suck. Parties are cool, just have a normal party and let me know what's up. Hell, I enjoy looking forward to an event. While I'm at work during the week I would like to think about something coming up over the weekend where I get to see all my friends and have a good time.

Agreed.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
You’ve also just described Houston.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

You're right, it certainly does, but its usually treated as if it's a concept that doesn't work, and if it didn't work, it wouldn't be the standard for every first world country

Ah yes, if something exists it cannot be damaging. The current status quo is the best we can ever hope for. Large groups of nations have never done similar bad things at the same time while being economically successful. Things like slavery, imperialism, etc., etc.

You are very smart.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

There are 22 players on the field and only one ball.

No wonder they’re all fighting over it. They should
Just add more balls

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

docbeard posted:

The cello is the best musical instrument and it's not an especially close contest.

This is far from an unpopular opinion. It’s just a straight up fact.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
You fools, paying these people for their time and effort so that they can have free time in which to create content that you enjoy. You should simply watch the streams for free, and not support the activities you enjoy watching.

Fake edit: I personally don’t watch streamers or care about watching video games or sports being played, but writing paragraphs of text trying to shame people for paying the people who make stuff they like to watch is real silly to me.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

cars should have speed limiters so you can't drive them over 65 miles an hour

How would you safely pass someone?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not around here there aren't.

The point is limiting top speed to 65 miles per hour is demonstrably fine, not that there aren't places where it's legal to drive faster than that at the ATM moment.

You’re objectively wrong unless you’re not the goon that lives in Finland. Also, you don’t know how traffic flow works very well. I’ve been to Finland, people definitely speed except in the .1 mile before the speed cameras.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Who felt cheated by No County for Old Men? That ending was really really good.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The best part of the ending of No Country For Old Men was that I could get up out my seat and think about all the far better ways I could 2 hours like doing the dishes or cleaning a toilet because that sounds more fun than that critical wank cluster of a movie. Its not the worst film I've ever seen but its definitely the least satisfying.

Best movie of 2007 people said? Superbad was ten times the movie No Country for Old Men could hope to be

Oh ok

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That’s not where you shove the nose

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Welcome back Jastiger.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

corn tortillas are only good if you get them freshly made. If you're buying tortillas at Target or whatever, always go flour.

:hmmyes:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

:hmmyes:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

The borg have a wonderful support system in place

Yeah IT support. :haw:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Not having the crispy part of the sausage from cooking it on the grill is just dead wrong. You all realize you can control the temperature of the grill to not burn the sausage right?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Can't believe it took this thread to break from my grandmas habit of boiling hot dogs, what was i thinking

You weren’t. :colbert:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Vienna Beef or Hebrew National are the way to go if you don't have a butcher that makes them themselves.

It is also acceptable to cook these slowly in a cast iron skillet surrounded by caramelized onions.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah people are confusing 'barbeque' with 'grilling'.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Y’all just elected the sloppy version of Donald Trump.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Kill Bill was the most boring movie ever filmed.

I never bothered with Part 2.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
And I will not see Sucker Punch. :colbert:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Whoria Discordia posted:

salt and vinegar chips are the poo poo.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

The Golden Girls is the best American sitcom of the last 50 years

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The_Continental posted:

Im pretty tired of LA gangster/ low-rider culture dominating media since 1990.

Gangs suck. Some good music, iconic style, and big personalities came out of the era but its 2020 why are there like 50 shows on Netflix right now about every aspect of this pretty gross and violent era in America.

So you’re unaware of the spate of mafia movies that have existed for like 50 years?

Or war flicks?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It’s a marshmallow but covered in granulated sugar and slightly spongier.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Also: If you don’t eat them eyes, ears,
head, body you’re a monster.

The eyes are weirdly satisfying to eat.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah that’s a real dumbshit take for a number of reasons.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That’s not what would’ve happened lmao

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

The United States should fully Balkanize, it’s people all hate each other and are so culturally different that it would be better for everyone. It would also reduce the US’s overall influence and position in the world, which would be an objectively good thing.

I’m down if we disarm the nukes first.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I'm betting a surprising number of those don't even work anymore.

As a native Texan, I don’t want Greg Abbott anywhere close to even a single half functional nuke.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Telemaze posted:

I've heard of them but never tried one. Do they get grossly soggy? Do you eat it after the soup is gone? I have so many questions.

The bread is fairly hearty, but it mostly works with thicker soups like broccoli cheese, tomato soup, or something similar. The bread absorbs some of the soup and softens up, and the outside crust is baked hard enough not to leak. Scoop the bread from the sides into the soup as you eat it and it’s delicious.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Salsa is a soup until it's on a chip and then it's a sandwich bread bowl.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
fella's is it gay to hate gays?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

unpopular sex opinion: blowjobs are awful. the reason is that it just seems like an awful fate to have a dick in your mouth, and seeing someone having a dick in their mouth, even if it's mine, just makes me feel sorry for them because i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. i cannot be convinced that anyone really enjoys that and it just seems like another part of rape culture humiliation poo poo and any sex act where it's just one person having fun is poo poo. penises belong in vaginas or maybe in asses if youre gay but the mouth is just no place for a dick

Foreplay is fun and arousing for both partners. I guess this is definitely the right thread for your post though.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Nah talking about beats or bass is fine if the beats/bass are ok.

but

If you brag about drinking/smoking weed/drugs, your song sucks. It's uniformly the worst part of most rap and country and the biggest signifier that the singer is a 19 year-old who got lucky and has nothing to share. This can be offset if the beat or construction is good enough, but being real it's almost never good enough. It can also be offset if you've actually going a thematic point to the subject like how the substances are a crutch or communicate what the drug is like (good trap music does this). Instead you could at least talk about loving. loving implies some level of effort and achievement at getting another human being to do something with you. All drug/alcohol talk does is say "I had money and time."

Famous 19 year old white, Snoop Dogg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pick posted:

I am a very very fast typist but I use a low-profile keyboard and it doesn't affect touch typing at all.

Same. I also very much don’t use home keys and am not in any way impeded by having a normal keyboard.