Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Shaving your head when balding is a coward move. Balding good-looking fellas still look good with male-pattern baldness.

Maybe if you had good hair prior to balding, but my hair is thin and straight and my head looks like a radish if I don't take it back to 0.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Gripweed posted:

No, dude, lean into it. Grow out your long straggly hair. Go to the gym and get real thin but with a surprising strength in your old bones. Start wearing cloaks. Buy one of these, mount it on a staff, carry the staff with you wherever you go. Develop a menacing cackle. Start offering people great power as long as they're willing to pay the price.

My head hair isn't up for swamp wizard but my eyebrows definitely are. There's a bunch on either side that strive constantly for a Monarch look.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Kei Technical posted:

Pick a system of measurements, be it metric or dumb

That's a weird Australian thing. Everything's metric except for the height of people and the weight of babies.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Oh, no, I like not being tired. I enjoy having slept. I would just prefer to be able to feel that way without having to dedicate so much time to it. It's like, do I enjoy video games? Sure. Does that mean I enjoy waiting several hours for them to download? No. If I could get the good bit without the time-wasting that would be ideal.

I was chatting to my wife about scifi machines recently, and I realised that one I really wish existed was Judge Dredd's Total Relaxation Inducer. A full night's sleep in ten minutes? Yes please!

That said, I like the feeling of dozing. The half asleep state I really enjoy. If that was sleep, I'd love sleeping.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

The 'asleep' bit, is in fairness, not experienced. It's the liminal states that are the nice bits.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Vandar posted:

I'm pretty sure that's an actual medical condition of some sort where some people just can't deal with the taste or texture of food.

Yeah, ARFID:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant/restrictive_food_intake_disorder

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Yes, but what does this mean for funk metal?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

They're going to watch you in your most private moments and then tell everyone all the weird stuff you do when you think you're alone.

They're going to ruin your favourite hobby by putting on Unchained Melody and getting all Swayze with you.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

docbeard posted:

I brought this up! The villagers said I wouldn't have to worry about it for very long.

*Pops out from under the Mari Lwyd*

Look, could you just take this stoically? You're really bringing down the vibe.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I rather live forever or die in the attempt.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Balding guys don’t really look bad and it’s fine to just grow out your hair still even when balding. You don’t need to give up and shave your head. Like a lot of traits, it’s only unattractive if you are obviously insecure.

In fact I am very unattracted to shiny shaved head regardless of age, makes me wonder how often you have to shave it to hide your obvious male pattern baldness, but that’s just me. Embrace your hair that’s left, balding dudes

E: or don’t, if you like the fully bald look. I’m just annoyed how any hairline loss is responded to with “best shave it off” when no, you really don’t need to

Eh, my hair was pretty poo poo when I had a full head, really fine and straight. Now I go for a .5 and head of Action Man style velour. If I had the volume, I'd happily go the Dr Weird look.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

People need to learn to respect the wrath of Poseidon.

Maybe stop using his old name and Neptune will leave you alone.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I put a Spell on You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
I Walk on Gilded Splinters - Dr John

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

Diesel is the green handle and iirc the nozzle is bigger so it won't fit in your tank

Well that's annoying. I need it to run my car.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Running is fun and I look down on anyone who is able bodied but can’t do like a measly 5k

I have the feeling some people are able to just shut off their minds when running and find it meditative.

Personally, I find it not mindless enough to do that, but also not interesting enough to enjoy being in the moment with it.

Which leaves me bored and unable to distract myself from the general unpleasantness of it. Running, by itself, sucks.

Give me a sport to play though, and I'll keep going for ages.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Play racquetball. I’m always looking for partners.

Where do you live

Where would you like me to live?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Can you please live in Topeka, Kansas?

Oddly specific.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

There are too many songs about love. We need more songs about other emotions, like being bored at work, or being anxious for no reason

One of my favourite songs about the feeling of escaping your day-to-day drudgery and getting a dopamine fix through karaoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJ8vJl-a7Y

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Phuo: typing < hand print < cursive < cyrillic cursive

< decorative Mongolian calligraphy.

Writing my essays with a giant brush so that it makes a picture of a bunny.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Punkinhead posted:

Seriously though I can never bring myself to throw away a box or a manual, I'm glad I can call it being responsible now instead of hoarding

I occasionally buy guitar pedals from Yahoo! Japan through Buyer and the number of pedals that are 20+ years old but with the original box and instructions is fascinating. I bought an 80's synth recently that was still in its original box.

I keep manuals, but gently caress boxes.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Atticus_1354 posted:

I'd pay extra for some mystery pill dust.

What about the scrapings from the sharps container in our medicine room at work? Definitely benzos, probably some opioids.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I've been watching the Australian version of Taskmaster, and it's pretty bad. That got me thinking, I can't think of a single funny Australian. America, England, Scotland, Canada, New Zealand, every other country in the anglosphere has produced tons of funny people. But not Australia. I'm starting to think there's something unique about Australia that retards comedic development.

As an Australian, I feel there's some comedy formats that just don't work well here. Satire and parody seem to work well, but sitcoms don't. Sketch comedy can be hit and miss. I feel Taskmaster is a particularly British thing, and probably wouldn't work in any other country.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

doverhog posted:

Your fetish is gonna be served by AI pretty soon, so there is that.

Also be on the look out for the step where you get to gently caress a sex doll with skynet in it, shortly before it kills everyone.

It might be a narrow window in time, so get ready. :shrug:

The robot apocalypse narrowly avoided as 10,000 Skynet-enabled sex arses get stuck in a lorry at Calais.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

I think it'd be very funny if someone lifted all the inner monologue from the novel and had Harrison Ford narrate it over the film.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

doverhog posted:

This is the future, AI slop until skynet kills you. I suggest you pick up mysticism and working out, so you at least will be in shape when you die.

Ugh, that sounds absolutely ducky.

*leans out window*

ROBOTS SUCK!!!!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

you broke my grill posted:

mystery poop on my porch I assume is squirell

No, that's clearly a gift from the Sultana Fairy. Get them in ya!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Robobot posted:

Check out Mr. Fancy Pocket over here. Wrap it in a washcloth and put it in your shoe like the rest of us.

Just lol. I tape mine in my armpit. By lunchtime it's just about toasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

doctorfrog posted:

"monthslong" "yearslong" etc. should be hyphenated

Gotch - month-slong, year-slong, etc

Important to know which slong.