Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's a solid OP.

If everything holds to form I'll pull a good unit the second Cactaur Dunes closes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kalas posted:

Oh, she usually has Ifrit for the event, but I've been moving people around for various things.

At level 1?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stumped on what to use a few summon tix on. For BF I could really use Tillith, but that's it (well Elza but I don't factor in chances at Rainbows). Dark Destroyers I could really use CoD (and DKC, but yeah, Rainbow) and already have Garland. The upcoming one I already have Butz and Exdeath so could only use Gilgamesh. Leaning towards trying to get CoD since its only a 3* and I have Refia to heal for now. Really though I just awakened Butz to 5 so I have a pretty decent backlog of units to level with 6* Ex and him coming up.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of crystals, I was disappointed the 1200 lapis bundle has Rainbow blooms instead of sacred crystals today.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also a reminder to do the weekend crystal thing in the vortex even if all your Espers are maxed for the 150 Lapis.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
369 318 546 if anyone else needs a Locke, have 5 spots

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After playing since launch and never getting one, 3 of the last 4 days I got a Cerius :iiam:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

How are arena weekly rewards distributed? I feel like I haven't received any to date via the mailbox.

They come in your mailbox early Sunday night

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Used some of the energy from black friday 350 Lapis bundles to slog out getting the +10 atk materia and Carbuncle. Man that was boring to do all at once, but at least I've got the story missions covered for a while.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The last 2 banners I've gotten crap from banner units, not a single 6* capable unit, but good off-banner ones. I got Bartz the banner before his, WoL, Agrias, and an Edgar that I won't fuse like the other 3 I ate.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I could only arena for like 15 minutes this morning and 5 this evening before I got bored.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Please bring back black magic in Arena. As a non-Lightning or Luneth haver I'd rather lose in 2 rounds than win in 6-7.

At least 12 pulls last banner: No Exdeath. First pull this banner: Exdeath. :iiam:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You could always do an Edgar glass cannon setup. I don't think Chainsaw falls under the ban rules right?

I have 3, I guess I could for shits and giggles, but only one is 4* so would take a bit.

Other topic, is there a way to finish the bridge ELT with only great dps from a friend unit? My only good dps is a 6* Exdeath with meh 6* Dracwell and Bartz. I have 6* Refia and Cecil and can bring Agrias to full break so I have the other roles covered, just not my own dps.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Darn it event. I have 280 NRG bottled up I wanted to burn so I can hit "collect all" again when getting all the piddly 10 and 20 lapis things from clearing stages instead of wasting time doing it one my one

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While the event is lame, I'm kinda having fun messing around with ELT tinkering with different combinations while keeping 3 3* Sazh's in the party. Gives an appreciation for the Esper abilities since the Sazh's would otherwise be useless. It's like 240 Gears a run for 13 NRG. Not great but keeps me entertained.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Osmose on Ramuh I think?

E: and Diabolos + assorted characters

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well that escalated quickly.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to log in around 1800 PST and see what the brand new ETA will be!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Facebook says they're extending everything a day, Big Bridge, hanging bridge, FFV summon, and FFXIII summon. It specifically says the Lightning XIII summon and doesn't mention the current XIII summon.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ETA is still 1800 PST so far

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Five free tickets. Yay. The good ones. No free energy though. And 500 lapis

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The metal Gigantaurs don't seem to give any more gears

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Burned 6 tix and also fell victim to blowing 500 lapis on accident
Gold Sazh
2 Butz
Alma was the 500 lapis, ha
Vanille
Arc
Rainbow....Lightning

I'll take blowing the 500 lapis for that

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I get 960 gears with 3x Sazh, Vanille, Lightning, and friend Lightning on Pro, solid.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

deathbagel posted:

Kitted out Kain to 490 atk with double Dragon Killer and twin lance. He should be very good at killing the 2 headed dragon. I will leave him up for a couple of days so people can use him to beat the trial.

EDIT: Yep, he's good at it. Dragon went down without much trouble and now I have a fancy new hat.

Thanks, went smooth as silk. Refia, Cecil, Kain, Lightning, Exdeath, and friend Kain. No deaths and used one Echo herb.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, now I feel like I should burn all my tix today before they change it.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glad I fought the urge to use the 100 Gigantaurs on a 2nd ExDeath last week and had them all for my Hail Mary Lightning pull

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Free ticket on its way for iOS.

Uh, well hello Lightning #2 of the week, drat. Maybe I'll get that 70k Moogle now, heh.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is the Chainsaw thing still viable (situationally of course) going forward? Back up to 4 Edgars after fusing 3 the first month of the game or so and wondering if I should level them.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Which is cool because my 2x Lightning, 2x Sazh, Vanille, and friend lightning group get 4K gears when one shows up

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thankfully I can roll out this

because even though it's not very efficient to do this

I really wanted this

so I could do this

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I mysteriously pulled one on Thursday and one on Saturday. My other 2 rainbows have been Draculaswell and *snort* Gilbert. Weirdly enough even though I've played from launch and earned and pulled every event ticket and a 1/2 price every day, I have no CoD. Think I've spent like $4 on the game back when when you could buy Magicite and nothing since.

E: drat games blending together, Megacite

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 14, 2016

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate this guy's dedication to getting that sweet sweet FF XIII Arena bonus

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, I played the heck out of XIII, but don't remember Fang or Hope for squat.

Speaking of friend units and Trials, anyone running something suited for the plant? Sounds like I lucked out by doing the 2 headed dragon already, but haven't done Antonella or whatever it's called. Doesn't have to be up today obviously.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

I just cleaned out my friends list, which left me with a whopping 40ish friend slots open. I tried to add a bunch of people from the spreadsheet but a lot had full friends lists.

If you have room, please add me 376, 049, 423. I could use Lightning just to help farm this event, but anyone active is appreciated.

I have a mediocre 6* Cecil up now, I'll put Noctis up as soon as I get him to 100 and gear him up.

Since I've been gone for a few months, are there any exploration key chests I should go pick up now?

Likewise, are there any critical quests with good rewards I should go after now?

Rip only Locke friend unit

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have to say I've amassed a ton of Sacred Crystals last event and this one. Of course now it's more important to get the 6* stuff.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some new Exvius FB thing where if you share the Noctis event announcement you can get 100 Lapis and a summon ticket.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After getting 2 Lightning last week I only bothered using 5 tix because it won't get better than that.

1/2 price Kefka
Gold Bedile'd
Charlotte
Maria
Edgar
Mercedes

Would like a Chorizo as have wanted her since launch, but with 2x Lightning, Draculaswell, and Butz (and now Mercedes to level) I'm not hurting for 6* melee. If I get her from a daily, cool.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why doesn't the maze count as a Vortex daily? Whatever, I never got the lapis from the Creation chamber in the Vortex of desires so just did that.

1/2 pull was Blanka I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Only one Charlotte? Must be shopped.

• Locked thread