Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Hmm, does that only work for his other attacks?

Twin Lance (and Yun's passive, and Aurora Scarf) give the ability "Two-Hit Combo". It ONLY works on basic attack command, not any special abilities at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Quality Control posted:

So Freya's TM says it protects against instant death attacks. Anyone know if it works on Gilgamesh's?

The item description lies, it does not actually do this, and Gumi has yet to fix it.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

That goon is probably Dana, who has their Lightning set up for a 100% dodge tank build against Gilgamesh.

Speaking of which, got him down, but didn't get the 5man achieve. Oh well, now I can try vs ELT Ifrit.

Gonna grind some HP materia and try again later.

Speaking of, my general lack of pull luck and the fact I get mudhole stomped in less than three rounds on ELT Ifrit are trying to tell me to quit this game. So I'll keep an eye out on reddit because there are people saying the damage is bugged. But honestly even iif it is, unless it's not always happening, people are using similar units and the same tactics I am, and clearing it. So I'm either super dumb (most possible), or the bug only hits some people. But getting hit for 2000 dmg PER ATTACK just doesn't work when he decides to AOE 3 times in one round and whoops I'm dead. He doesn't care about being fully broken, and he doesn't care that I'm fully buffed. I'm just dead.

Also no, I don't have Ling, if I did, I could make her literally immune to Ifrit. (100% dodge, 150% fire resist)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

Lightning with Flame Mail and Flame Shield and Ifrit could also become immune to Ling, at the cost of Dual Wielding.

That'd be an interesting experiment.

Lightning can't do Heavy Shields, equipping the materia for it would mean she'd lose paralyze immunity, and I'm pretty sure paralyzed people lose their dodge? But I'll try it anyway, why the heck not.

E: nope something hits her, then she got paralyzed, and it was all over round two.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 18, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

307k, but finally hit my stride in reliably completing (or mostly completing) ELT.

I have discovered it's literally impossible for me to beat ELT without a friend Ling. (please put up your Lings, on Ifrit, NOT ODIN for the love of god why)

I'm up to 216k. Wasted a lot of orbs getting stomped. Still really irked about this fight.

Noctis / Lightning / Cecil / CoD / Refia / Friend Ling is my party.

Ling: Daunting Step, Entrust (Cecil)
Cecil: Provoke, Sacred Guard, Focus, off-healer
Refia: Embolden, Dualcast Curaja
CoD: Barfira, Barrage
Noctis: Warp Break, Thunder Flask, Cover, Point-Warp
Lightning: Crushing Blow, normal attacks (for limit crystals)

If nothing goes wrong, he doesn't splat me. I'm wondering if the first 5+ times were literally just bad RNG not applying breaks. That would fit my luck pretty much to a tee. This raid is dumb.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Vax posted:

Okay boys, Yun is where its at. I just found a fully decked pubbie Yun and 4 rounded level 17 ELT. That's over 1m per round with 2 Yuns chaining Raging Bird.

Chaining being the operative term there, wouldn't get as much mileage if it was only one Yun, so, grats on pulling the time-limited 5*, jerk. :)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Palleon posted:

How are you equipped? I don't have Noctis but could match that party with a friend Noct, but I'm just not getting any damage out before getting blown away. I think part of problem is I can't beat Gilgamesh so I don't have any way to dispel.

I actually don't dispel, it's too mana intensive and rebuffing is costly.

Noctis: on Ifrit for 50% fireres, has a Ribbon, StQ/Genji Blade
Lightning: 100% dodge, NO fire res (she gets flattened occasionally), Excalibur/Twin Lance (she's my main source of limit crystals)
Cecil: Flame Shield, Flame Mail (100% fire res), Black Belt (for minor free dps and lots of limit), Dualcast
CoD: Rising Sun / Werebuster, Minerva Bustier (80% fire res total)
Refia: Flame Shield, Minerva, Melody of Life, Soul Crown (105% Fire res total), Dualcast

I think that covers the highlights, if you need more I could just screenshot later on.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

So is minfilia's TM good enough that I want multiple?

meh, it's half as good as Garnet's. you're probably better served with HP materia instead.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Bartz is 3* so you will pull more of him. I had 6 Bartz, fused them all after grinding to 17% on 5 of them, that was back in December. Since then I've pulled 3 more.

Counterpoint: I've only pulled two ever.

I'm at 614k points, and I realized... why even struggle with more tedious ELT? if I do PRO the rest of the time I'll get everything, and heck, I pulled an Y'shtola already anyway.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Do you bring a 2nd breaker? Doubling up on breaks made ELT really consistent for me. Bringing Minfilia made it consistently under 6 turns too. Minfilia MVP.

Under six turns? What the heck damage are you putting out? It takes me 10 minutes per ELT, sometimes more if unlucky. Luckily I don't need to run ELT anymore unless I get antsy to complete the raid sooner.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Just Olive, Shattering Shot and the +100% ATK buff (and a tiny chain with Warp Break). She hits for around 700k if Shattering Shot sticks and she doesn't get hit with the ATK break. Her LB absolutely rapes Ifrit and Cecil with Black Belt is handy for building LBs.

I shoulda known, yeah. I can't afford to take Olives, I need Ling for breaks.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Oh my god, it's actually Orlandu time.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
That GL-exclusive katana will definitely get my Lightning to Ifrit Immunity, incidentally.

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evasion
Left Hand: Flame Shield +36DEF+8SPR+50%Fire-50%Ice
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Flame Mail +45DEF+50%Fire-50%Ice
Accessory 1: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 2: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4923 MP: 254 ATK: 490 DEF: 290 MAG: 177 SPR: 207

Total: 105% Dodge, 150% Fire Resist

I'll rush that katana and keep lightning up for people who want to cheese ELT every so often.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Okay, so I did a terrible job of holding onto all of my tickets and lapis since the Christmas Adamantite chest, and I'm now currently down to 2200 lapis and 21 tickets. Someone talk me into/out of throwing $50 at Gumi for enough lapis to do an 11 pull for Orlandeau and having enough lapis left over for energy refreshes and slot expansions, since I'm pretty sure we won't see another chest sale until maybe the game's 1 year anniversary.

not gonna lie, I will probably farm missions later to get just barely enough for an 11-pull. It's not a good idea. But I'll do it anyway.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

Any reason to keep the following units:

Primm
Guy
Leon
Elle (TMR?)
Jack
Shera
Cupid Luna
Tellah
Seven (with out exclusive)

I have some strong units now, I just want a little breathing room. Most of these are event pulls that I have invested little of any exp or time.

Primm: Can't get her anymore, hang on to her
Guy: is the best HP TMR we have
Leon: god yes you need that TMR
Elle: a very solid HP accessory TMR
Jack: If you wanna cheeselevel limit breaks, this TMR is needed
Shera: if you pulled a bunch his TMR is good filler, otherwise no
Cupid Luna: Accessory with MP regen, yes. yes please. TMR this.
Tellah: nah
Seven: Ribbon effect as a materia, this is necessary in some builds, and very nice to have in general

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shingouryu posted:

She's a dodge tank. Unlike Dana's she doesn't have provoke, but she does have holy and fire sealing through weapons (Dana's is non elemental now for some reason) so if you get her past the 3rd Bushido Freedom you win. As long as you keep sealing holy with her attack nothing Gilgamesh does after the 3rd Bushido Freedom can hit her.

oh, right, I was equipped for Ifrit ELT, lemme fix that back to Holy/Water, sorry about that. Stupid lack of gear sets.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cry Havoc posted:

so i finally pulled yshtola after getting the 1.6m moogle reward haha

Admit it, you KNEW that was gonna happen.

e: In other news, I have finally cleared the entire map of missions, with the exception of a few explorations I hadn't even bothered going to yet because I am lazy and didn't wanna pull up new maps and such. (Mostly Zoldaad explorations) No more easy lapis for me, I guess. :(

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 23, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

My Bushido-hunting team is probably going to be Butz/Queen/Refia/Cecil/CoD while leaning heavily on a dodge tank buddy. Not sure what I'll do for the 5 man challenge. Might just wait for the next update and auto it with someone's inevitable death-immune dodge tank.

Trickier than you'd think, because you still absolutely have to seal holy, because Excalibur cannot be dodged. Let's see.

Lightning:
Passive: 30
Kiyomori/Excalibur: 10 + holy seal
Ring of the Lucii: 25
Safety Bit: Death Immunity
Discernment: Status Immunity (gotta block Paralyze)
3 Shines: 30

95% dodge is not enough, I know this from experience. Even if we get the Genji Shield soon, it comes out to 95% as well, because you need to drop a Shine for Equip H Shield. Now, anyone out there with a Draculasswell can get around this with their friggin Vampire Cloak. (Man I really, really want that TM, more than any other)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hey girl you up posted:

I haven't run Greg yet (waiting for my DC to finish cooking) but would having someone in the air with Jump the turns you trigger Bushido: Freedom be enough for the new goons to let Ninja's Lightning do most of the real work?

If said person was equipped with the Holy Lance/Rune Blade/Excalibur, yes, that should work. You have to seal holy with someone other than Lightning for that round or Excalibur will knock her back down.

fake edit: though Jump is weird, I know it's bugged and doesn't take killers, so I actually don't know if it'd seal correctly. Only one way to find out.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

beaner69 posted:

I'm stuck at aquapolis olderion, do you know how to pass it?

Stuck how? I remember Olderion had a cutscene you had to trigger at one point, that might be what you are missing.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

With the Genji shield it's definitely possible for Noctis to have 100% evasion and solo Gilgamesh, even if Lightning can't pull it off. But yeah Draculasswell's TM makes so many things possible that might not otherwise be.

Noctis, however, cannot hit 150% fire resist. He can't wear Flame Mail (Heavy Armor). Same problem as Lightning and H Shields.

That said, aside from that:
Passive (20)
Ring/Die (45)
4 Shines (40)

IF you had two rings, you could do it. You could then drop a Shine for Equip H Armor. Two rings would do it for Lightning, too, that last 5% is the doozy.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I did an 11-pull against my better judgement, and the 13 tickets I had. Handful of Lawrence (that's fine, I wanted his armor for Exdeath), a Soleil, and misc garbage. Pretty much as I expected.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

AegisP posted:

Over on JP, apparently the latest livestream teased FFIX units, with Zidane getting a 6* (native dagger dual-wield), and Beatrix being added with the description of "stronger attacker than Orlandu". Eiko's also around as a 5* white mage with a strange party summon ability. And then Steiner and Black Waltz to round off the banner.

apparently Eiko and Garnet will get the ability to summon any esper that the party has equipped? I'm ASSUMING that means with the summon bar, or else they'd be insane. Also, now there's no excuse for not having Rydia as a 6* with true summoning, let's go Gumi, chop chop.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

NinjaDebugger posted:

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

I rushed tickets, shame on me. I got nothing but disappointment, and now can't make Ifrit immune Lightning for a while unless I'm lucky with chocobos. But when I do! that'll be pretty hilarious chaining two lightnings and Ifrit will be all PLEASE STOP

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm running 2 soleils, 1 Lawrence, Y'shtola, and my Noctis. The friend orlandeau is usually just short of killing him with a single divine retribution after being buffed with Link from Noctis.

how much attack on your Noctis? Mine is 799 on Diabolos, and one-shots all but the last boss with Warp Break. Then Warp Break + Holy Explosion will do the last boss in, no buffs.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I am sorry, fellow goons, I let my desire for Orlandu overwhelm my common sense, I should gotten the Kiyomori first so you could solo Ifrit with her. :(

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
this is my third gold Mercedes in a row. Why game, why?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Trilin posted:

Fool that I am I wasted all my tickets chasing Orlandeau
How could I resist when my friend's list looks like this?

37 more on top of yesterday's 20, so 59 pulls including dailies all for naught, not even a useful TM to show for it, except Shine maybe.

:negative:
The will to play has been utterly drained out of me.

Shine is really useful, yes. And Lawrence is honestly not that bad a TM, best attack armor in the game that isn't Brave Suit, ONLY magic attack armor (so Exdeath is making grabby hands at it)

But I feel your pain.

AegisP posted:

Following up yesterday's Queen and Orlandu in the quest for said Thunder God, today's daily pull was... Olive. Because why loving not.

AND HATE YOU. :)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Infected posted:

Nope. As long as your memu/Nox doesn't crash you can just Auto-Attack/Auto-Limit and come back later to a won battle.

You'll want NinjaD's Lightning for it.

Keep an eye out for my Lightning as well, I'm only a few more runs away from Kiyomori, and will have the same setup running. That way you can probably just alternate between the two lightnings, it takes so long the other should refresh by the time you're done.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

EDIT: DANA, your Lightning has Equip H. Shield but is using a sword and a gun.

Yeah, I'm still 10k from the katana, so I've been doing pros for myself most of the time, and swapping to gun for a bit o' damage. 95% dodge is NOT enough to solo elite. Gimme a few more hours!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
So how much did Orlandu cost you, Hardbody? I noticed you didn't have him yesterday, but you do today.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

MrLonghair posted:

Which deities do you people sacrifice to for getting something not blue crystals out of daily pulls ever :wtf:

I get golds all the time! the last three have been Mercedes! :smith:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Could probably just throw Bushido Freedom on him for the chocobos.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
My Lightning is officially Ifrit-immune, for all you people needing to grind out a few more ELTs. now if you have NinjaD and myself you can probably have the raid orbs running all day.

fake edit: if you don't have me added ask and I'll clear room.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kheldarn posted:

Just started a NinjaD ELT grind. Will add you when it's done. Thanks!

Saved you a little effort and tossed the invite your way so you can add it when you're outta the grind. :) (Besides I might be asleep by then)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I have just awoken, and see that my stupid game didn't reflect my changes to her properly, namely I didn't move the right party of Lightning to Ifrit. I will fix it in about 20 miinutes when this battle finishes. Sorry guys!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh no, they have been slowly and deliberate upping the bullshit. It's the gacha game bullshit creep. They trickle in a little more pain as the weeks go by to get you to hit that store up. If you really want to :tinfoil:, it would be interesting to see how many of us drew Cid that have dropped cash in the store vs F2P users...

Mark me down as having spent cash, but still having the worst* pull rate known to man.

*: not literally worst, just only pulling 4 rainbows over the lifetime of the game, with similar pull amounts to Fenrir and his over 20 rainbows.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

SmockJoc posted:

Dana, any chance you could free up a few more friend slots so I could share in some of your Ultimate Dodge Goddess?

what's your ID? you're not on the list!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

My god it is practically raining chocobos today. 3x yellow, 3x black, and then two runs with 2 red 1 yellow. I've picked up over 30k event currency so far today in maybe a dozen runs. :psyduck:

(I'm going to get 0 chocobos for a week now)

Yeah, the event currency drops are really pleasant this time around. I'm actually almost done with everything I feel like getting (Not gonna grab Durandal because I have several Excaliburs cooking). Got tickets, megacite, cheap mats, quartz, Kiyomori...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

I spent all my lapis during the player's choice event and got zero 5* units.

EDIT: As an aside, according to the unit calculator the Monster Breastplate gives Olive a higher attack than the Brave Suit does.

That actually makes sense, since Monster Breastplate is affected by Doublehand.

Also, I am in the same boat as you, no money, no Orlandu, no luck. :(

OH HEY LOOK NEW 6* AWAKENING. ....Lasswell. siiigh.

• Locked thread