Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm planning on trying to 1-round the new trial with 2x Edgar 3x Exdeath. This will end poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So has it all been mathed out whether daily pulls or an 11 pull is better?

Daily is more lapis-efficient, 11-pull is more likely to get you a 4* or 5*. You also get a fixed number of daily pulls vs. an unlimited number of lapis pulls.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I asked this elsewhere but speaking of Exdeath's LB, I can't think of any place where you'd practically use it. If he's part of your PvE team now, then yea it is awesome, but looking at the Mage meta in JP:

- Mages are nowhere to be found in PvE.
- Mage niche is Arenas where you'll be 1-turning the opponent and likely never see an LB.

Considering the monumental effort it takes to farm up an LB, I'm not seeing the pay off. Maybe I'm wrong.

I just started Cecil's LB grind and it's horrific. About 1.5 hours to solo clear Wolfsgang Peak for ~140ish LB uses. loving slog.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It is good.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
JP vid showing the FFV event we're getting soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2JhzwWYz4

Doesn't seem too tough but we might get a +1 difficulty version like we did with FFT.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Shakirabufuki

:respek:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I have CoD, Exdeath, and Bartz available as a friend companion. I'm guessing Exdeath will be the most useful? Doubt he's going to see anything other than the inside of Earth Shrine when you opt to take him though, lol.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Dude really wanted his Burst Shots.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

happyalloy posted:

As a player who is unlikely to ever macro in this game, I find myself torn on which to use my Trust Moogles on: Dual Wield or Dual Cast. Which of the two would be more useful; or, rather, which of the two makes it more likely that I can handle tougher content? For reference, my A team right now is Cecil, Refia, CoD, Agrias, Arc, and soon ExDeath (when his 6-star hits). I also have Maxwell, Chizuru, Kefka, Rydia, and WoL on the bench. Thanks!

Dual Wield no contest. Chiz is going to be a beast with DW at 6*.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Langolas posted:

On a side note, convince me not to do the Amazon cheap credit thing for enough lapsis to do two 11 pulls...

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
At least it's better than this guy's first 11 pull ever:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dial-a-Dog posted:

There's not a single 4* in that picture, so I'm pretty sure that dates it to before Kain had his 5*, so 1 sort of usable character

It was from the FFT part 2 banner.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

jaclynhyde posted:

I eleven-pulled today

I was wrong

Dang. Sorry man. :(

edit: I'm trying to grind out the last 0.9% I need for Dual Wield and of course it's going to take me 200 energy.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That's loving awesome and thank you for offsetting all this negative Bedile karma in here. Go away Bedile, nobody likes you.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Is the FF13 the worst banner we've seen yet? I think it might be.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I always thought LB = Limit Break. Why is it called Limit Burst in FFBE? Did any other FFs call it Limit Burst?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
The new event looks more or less exactly like the previous one, mechanically speaking.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I leveled up THREE loving Exdeaths from Friday-Sunday doing absolutely nothing but breathing and running Mystic Woods. My neck and wrists are still sore. Absolutely godawful slog and I only managed to get them all up to 6* level 80 to get Dual Cast and said gently caress it, good enough.

Working on my 4th now. :v:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Lineage 2 has made me immune to burn out.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Looks like 12/14 is the Noctis date for JP. Could also be the same date for GL as that's when this FFXIII event ends.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I stack the poo poo out of HP on my healers. I'd be scared that Refia would tip over in a stiff breeze with 3.7k HP. Ethers are plentiful enough that I don't bother stacking MP personally. SPR scaling on heals is pretty bad too.

edit: Don't forget Camouflage.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 30, 2016

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
3rd Gold Crystal from a daily in a row: Maria, Edgar, Shadow. I'm lucky?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So is Vaan going to be the only 6* Full Breaker in the near future? I've got Faris, Ingus and Agrias but only Agrias is leveled up, and it seems like her 6* upgrade is going to be a loooooong way out.

Rain should be in the next set of 6* upgrades.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PopeCrunch posted:

Wait so hold the gently caress up I literally can't awaken CoD without some bullshit i need candy corn / karma / jars of ape cum / whatever in order to get?

Apparently I can gently caress myself.

We're getting an ape cum collectathon starting Friday so get your jars ready.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PopeCrunch posted:

also is it just me or does seeing rain or lasswell in arena teams basically translate to assured victory

Depends on your bracket I guess. I dodge Rain/Laswell teams in the top 100 because that's trap signal alpha right there.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Do what I did and wait for a non lovely event that you can complete easily, (FFT in my case) and grind the mats for literally every character you have or want that will ever get to 6*. Now I never have to grind mats again! Unless I get someone I wasn't expecting. This event I just need to grind mats for Refia and Garland to replenish (and add to) my supply and I'm done, aside from gigantuars and such.

I think that era of events has passed. As far as I can tell by JP, all events going forward are of this super-low drop rate + banner bonus unit type. It sucks. :(

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's also not an exploration, for those who were losing their minds over that.

Thank RNGesus.

Go RV! posted:

This actually kind of makes me want to quit altogether. These events are poo poo.

Yea... I do appreciate that events like these help people add some variety to their companion units but the drop rates and relying on RNG spawns sucks rear end.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It's a trap, the banner sucks. Don't do it!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Gumi has responded to players a bunch of times saying they don't care about macroing so bot away. They do care about messing with game files though.

Whether you have the stomach for it is a personal call. We get a decent amount of Trust Moogles nowadays so you can still get a TMR every few months without actually resorting to grinding/botting.

Up to this point, I've cleared all content just fine without TMs. But you will need really strong friends to carry you.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I had this crazy Refia 5v1 arena match the other day: http://imgur.com/a/fcTiY

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
5 orbs as compensation, lol

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
This is by far the hardest I've ever been hit on turn 1:

Got lucky with the first turn in round 2 and managed to beat them.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Vax posted:

You havent run into the Rain trap then with 4x Lightning casting at least triple Heat Blitz on your all mage chaining team.

Jesus. Did anyone on your team survive?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

It doesnt make any sense to run a trap guy in your lead because as far as I know you dont see how many people you trap so no satisfaction you successfully trapped someone.

I really wish it showed how many games you've won/lost as a defender (and maybe replays? Maybe that's too much). It's still a competitive thing after all so the more people you can cockblock from winning, the better your relative position will be.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It's a known issue with the latest FFBE client (people are thinking it's a memory issue).

There are macros that can self-recover from app crashes. I use this guy's macros and his TM macro has run continuously for days, even with crashes.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
And one more thing to add to Macro Chat:

With the latest version of MEmu (2.9.1), the app seems to take down the instance with it when it crashes. I rolled back to MEmu 2.8.6 and when FFBE crashes, the instance of MEmu stays alive.

2.8.6 download link: http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2016/05/20/release-archive/

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Chiz is gonna be dope af again in a few weeks. Congrats on the Chiz.

edit: Looks like someone hit Claim All :(

big cummers ONLY posted:

How many of my 8 Exdeaths should I keep? No TM macroing.

4 for Arena should be enough. 5 if you ever want to run a full Exdeath arena team for some reason.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Uh, apparently infinite orbs are back and the arena is making GBS threads out lapis for every win? lol

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 2, 2016

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Ah, whoops. Sorry for the mis-information.

I wonder if wins beyond #5 still give lapis. If so, you could refresh indefinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
If any of you guys are using CoD for the event, the Rod of Lightning will slightly outdamage Thorned Mace for lightning-weak enemies. If you're running a DW CoD, definitely use the Rod in one of your hands.

• Locked thread