Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Chen Kenichi posted:

Trouble is that I need the 6* mats for 2 CoD and Refia at the very least. Thing is as bad as this event is IT CAN GET WORSE so I will grind em up in the second week hoping Waifu gets a 100% bonus. If not then I guess I grind more =/

Well, yeah, definitely run it if you need something like Gigantuars or 6* Mats, but the big rewards are giant traps, especially if you're thinking about spending lapis for refreshes. Over the next few weeks, you can shore up your 6* mats with gil, albeit one at a time and at mostly random, but they're still being sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vax posted:

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless. Apart from that the 6* awakening will override any pots you fed her, will it not?

Shark Tower posted:

I mean sure, if you've got lightnings/luneths/Gregs out the wazoo.

On top of the stat bump going from 5* to 6* (which puts her statistically on par with DK Cecil, so one of the punchier 6*s out there), her awakening gives her:
  • A 20% chance to dodge any physical attack
  • A 200% Power/25% Ignore Defense physical move
  • A stronger version of Mirage (auto-dodge the next 3 attacks)
  • A 210% Power physical attack with 30% Stop proc (This is the same Stop that Agrias's Stasis Sword carries, for reference)
  • +25% to all stats when equipped with a Katana (stacks with Blade Mastery, obviously)
  • A 140% Power/50% Ignore Defense AoE attack (so basically "Bladeblitz but DEF-piercing")

For reference, Lightning's attack dodge passive is 30%, and Electric Blitz (her strongest move before Crushing Blow) is also 200% power, but without the DEF piercing.

Is Chizuru the best 6* you can get? No, even right now she's slightly outpaced by Lightning and Luneth's raw damage output due to harder-hitting nukes in Crushing Blow and Cut Through (plus their baked-in Dual Wield), and Orlandu makes every other 6* look bad in comparison. Is she still a solid 6*? Most definitely; she'll likely outdamage Gilgamesh or Bartz if TMRs aren't brought into consideration, though she lacks the durability of the former and the versatility of the latter. Really, her biggest issues are that she's still pretty squishy for a DPS unit and she really, really wants Dual Wield and/or her own Blade Mastery TMR to be competitive. Being locked into Katanas And Katanas Alone kind of hurts her, too.

But she's by no means useless.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

What are any of these things?

L&A - or "Letters and Arms" - is Ingus's Trust Mastery reward, which offers +50% (base) MAG when wielding a sword. It can be stacked like raw +Stat materia can, which is the only way it isn't garbage. Enhancer is the sword from the Intangir trial, which offers a piddly amount of MAG (compared to a rod), but still offers some.

Exdeath is a tree man who can call meteors to murder things.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

Hope and Fang don't look that great, but I hope more goons end up with her royal pinkness.

As I'd said in the Discord, Hope is strictly a shittier Tellah with a useless TM, Fang is strictly a shittier Kain with a situational and not great TM.

Everyone talks about how they love FF13 but this sure paints the opposite picture.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

m.hache posted:

Just some suggestions:

Craft some Hero Rings
Craft a Tiger Helm
Craft a Black Belt Gi
Get the Enhancer

That should easily push you over 500 ATK

If you don't want to lose the defense from heavy armor for the whole whopping +8 a Black Belt Gi will give you (:jerkbag:) then slap the Force Armor on her.

Ice Armor is kind of dangerous unless you want to null out Ifrit's weakness/strength.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MohShuvuu posted:

Her TM is for daggers :negative:

There is a TMR in the future that is a dagger with baked-in Dual Wield. It still has niche potential, especially for people with fish or cats - rather, CoDs and Lids.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global - Thread Maintenance Has Been Extended

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

If you're like me and you like to trawl through the app stores playing whatever game has a cool looking icon, a good way to quickly know whether or not a gacha based game will be absolute poo poo is if the requirement to evolve or skill up a unit is that you have to have a duplicate of that same unit. It's not illegal everywhere, so a lot of games still have the insane super rare gacha units that require you to get more of them to make them useful.

I missed this before but isn't that technically what Trust Mastery was intended as? They only added the "10% chance of .1%" and trust moogles later, as some sort of bullied concession.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vax posted:

Fun fact: In JP there has only ONCE been extended Maintenance in all this time and guess what they got for compensation? 1000 loving Lapis, thats right

If Brave Frontier taught me anything, it's that Gumi may be a subsidiary of alim, but alim is by far the more competent company, and they're the ones that handle all the JP-side stuff and 90% of the content.

Anything directly linked to global (be it maintenances, Global Exclusive content, global exclusive characters - hi, Black Cat Lid! - etc) is going to be a goddamn trashfire.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Go RV! posted:

Maintenance was extended to 14:00 PST

Hope you like lapis.

Results are datamined already.

A sixteen hour maintenance is the equivalent of 450 lapis and 60 EN.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tipme posted:

If you keep waiting to pull what's the point in playing

If you keep pulling Cyans and Bediles what's the point in playing?

There's, if nothing else, incentive to hoard until we know whether or not BE will change the gacha like it did in JP so that rainbow crystals are always Base-5* units/gold crystals are always Base-4*. If that never happens, then that's right, there's no reason to pull now or ever since it'll always be trash.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mrit SA posted:

Imo, always pull daily, save tickets for good banners, and 11 pull if you do the previous things and haven't gotten everything you want by the final day of the banner.

weep brokenly when you still have no base-5s.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mr. Swoon posted:

Who would've thought that adding Christmas graphics would DESTROY EVERYTHING

Anyone who played Brave Frontier 2 years ago.

It's Black November all over again. :allears: Can't wait for the game to "come back online" into connection error hell for a week.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KDdidit posted:

The metal Gigantaurs don't seem to give any more gears

Looks like it was an additive boost to the base, not a multiplicative to the total.

Normal runs gave ~100 before, and Gigantuars gave ~400 on top of that, for a total of 500ish.

They added a flat 100 to the totals, so now normal runs give ~200, and finding a gigantuar still gives ~400, for a total of ~600.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is re rolling absolutely necessary for a five

Seems like a bit of a chore

As stated, it's not absolutely necessary, you can truck on just fine without it.

That said, there is very definitely a point where your story-granted characters are going to drop off in usefulness, characters that can't awaken higher than 4* will end up being garbage, and you'll hit a point where you can't rely on friend units. (There's a common point in-story where you have to take on a boss in the middle of a town where that happens, traditionally). Not having any good units by that point is going to brick wall you, and hard.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rio posted:

Another question, whose lb should I work on leveling first - CoD, Elza, Faris, Exdeath or Lenna?

Exdeath (and 6* CoD, I suppose) is the only one of those who has an effect boosted by LB levels past "numbers get bigger", focus on him out of that list.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Guy Farting posted:

Had a poo poo day at work so did an anger pull.

Feeling much better now.

Man, I would've felt worse at that golden Shadowning, but then you got a grand prize. :toot: Grats.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can a Lightning solo ELT with a carry? Just asking because I pulled Vanille so I can now run a full bonus team (Sazh/Sazh/Fang/Vanille/Light).

I still didn't get the one unit I wanted (Snow).

If you use Attack Song and Imperil, you can probably do it with a 650+ Light via Electric Blitz-Electric Blitz-Heat Blitz-Electric Blitz. The important things to remember are to keep the buffs/debuffs up, and to make sure to Dispel the third stage (Myrmidon) if it ever gets a turn.

Honestly, between Embolden and Ravaging Slash, Lightnings can one-round carry everything else - I'll take the two bonus slots lost for packing Refia and Elza (or, in non-Elza-having cases, a Full Breaker).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

So does Aurora Scarf stack with Twin Lance to allow a Lightning/Luneth to hit 8 times?

Everything I've heard says they don't stack since they're both the same skill from the same source (the source, in this case, being "equipment" in a general sense).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EDIT: I can read. :downs:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dias posted:

Orlandu is tempting but he only gets real good if you get him DW, right?

Orlandu is better than Gilgamesh even without DW, arguably on par with Luneth. With DW/Excalibur, he becomes death, the destroyer of anything not immune to holy damage.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I believe Firion gets pretty good in the future when he gets his 6*, especially if you have a dual wield TM.

As I've said on the discord, 6* Firion is the game's best chassis on which to staple TMRs. He doesn't really have much as far as big nukes of his own (though once enhancements hit his capstone skill gets pretty solidly punchy), but he gets an absurd amount of Killer and Mastery (+stats w/equip) passives.

Slap a Dual Wield and a Barrage (and/or Orlandu's TMR, but if you have that then why isn't Orlandu getting all your TMRs) on him and he's top shelf. Even without that he's solid.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 11, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KDdidit posted:

Is the Chainsaw thing still viable (situationally of course) going forward? Back up to 4 Edgars after fusing 3 the first month of the game or so and wondering if I should level them.

Two (or three, if you're really bad at timing) Edgars should be all you need for chainsaw meta. It's still viable, but its use will see a sharp dropoff when people start getting Orlandus and can just chain Holy Explosions together.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CyberLord XP posted:

I read in this thread that macroing is okay with the company, but I'm seeing it as a TOS violation elsewhere. Which is it?

In Japan it's a bannable offense. In Global, if they banned people for it they'd have to ban 99% of their playerbase and it would literally be the death of the game.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rio posted:

Is Charlotte good? Googling around it seems like she is good (I saw a recommendation that she is actually better than WoL?). I don't have a tank on my team and don't know if she is worth swapping in - my team is CoD, Elza, Farris, Exdeath and Lenna.

Oh and I used my free ticket and got another Fang. That is 8 fangs out of 15 pulls for those counting.

Charlotte is a better tank than WoL, but WoL has Full Break which, as others have noted, is Pretty Important - important enough that Faris is arguably better for your team than her.

When WoL gets his 6*, he completely and utterly outshines her until she gets her 6* - which won't be for at least half a year if not longer. When that happens, though, she goes from "arguably better than 5* WoL" to "potentially better than 6* Cecil depending on situation".

6* Charlotte is absurd and it makes me really sad that Japan just got her so we aren't getting her any time soon at all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PaybackJack posted:

I remember JP players saying he gets more killer skills, not sure about weapon bonuses though. Either way his 6* is a couple months out.

On top of what he already has, he gets:
  • An extra ATK +10%/DEF +10%/HP +20%
  • A meh 180% single-target attack with 25% DEF-pierce (for reference, this is on par with Luneth's Hit All and slightly weaker than Lightning's Blitzes, before the DEF Ignore)
  • +30% MAG/SPR when equipped with Rod/Staff/Harp/Mace
  • +25% ATK/+30% SPR when equipped with Bow/Gun/Thrown/Whip
  • +30% ATK when equipped with Axe/Hammer/Spear/Fist
  • +20% ATK/DEF when equipped with Sword/Greatsword/Dagger/Katana
  • Dragon Killer
  • Demon Killer
  • Beast Killer
  • Forest Killer (+75% Damage against Birds/Plants/Insects)
  • Legend Killer :black101: (+75% Damage against Beasts/Demons/Dragons, stacks with the other Killers)

When skill enhancements come (which is admittedly a loooong way out), he gets upgrades to his single-target attack (making it 230%/Pierce 50%, a slightly weaker but much cheaper Cut Through), Lance (making it a full-power attack and 50% power MP-attack, meaning he's new king of Arena MP Flushing), and Legend Killer (making it +100% Damage against Beasts/Demons/Dragons/Humans/Undead, meaning he now does double damage automatically to literally everything in Arena and most things out of it).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Does Firion get Man Slayer or Undead Slayer innately? I don't see it in your list.

He does not. He gets the ones I mentioned plus the Bird/Plant/Bug Killer he gets at 4*. It's the one thing keeping him from reaching CoD/Exdeath levels in the arena. Well, that and Barrage.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's among the highest rated units and easily the highest rated base 3 star. But you need at least dual wield for him not to be an average 6. And you need a whole lot more for him to rank among the highest.

Yeah, the Altema rankings are trash as far as gauging how good a character is fresh out of the box; it's a much better estimate of how high they can potentially go assuming infinite resources.

Firion without at least Dual Wield and Barrage is on par with Bartz or maybe even slightly behind. Sure, he gets a lot of Killers and can use All The Equipment, but until we get enhancements he can't really do much with that kit except autoattack and Bladeblitz.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fiss posted:

One thing to note is that the 230% pierce 50% makes it an equivalent of a 460% attack. Luneths cut through before enhancements is an equivalent of 333% attack. Granted now that Luneth has received enhancements his cut through is now a 700% attack or 1050% if his self attack buff is used before it.

I thought Cut Through was Pierce 50% naturally, not Pierce 25%. :confused:

Either way, the difference is 460% for 16 MP or 700% for 45 MP.

Vax posted:

What you are saying is go for maxed Chorizo in the meantime?

A maxed Chizuru is definitely an option, though she's a bit of a paper tiger; based purely on her stats she's more fragile than most 6*s and her passive dodge isn't as reliable pre-enhancements as Lightning's. She'll definitely do some solid work for you if you have a tank to keep the heat off her, though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Yay my chiz is now 6 stars. It's a drat shame I used all the event cactars on butz though I'd way rather have her maxed out right now then him. Oh well I guess I could dump my Leo and Kefka into her and speed the process up a ton, or wait the couple days and grind it out like I know I should.

So torn about whether to dump my ticket stash going for noctus or hold on for orlandu. I don't tm farm so I don't have a ton of ridiculous things to dump on either of them. Which one is stronger out of the box then? Not that I stand a chance of getting either but I should be due for another rainbow sometime in the next 60 pulls I've got stashed.

Yes. The answer is yes. Both of them are ridiculous in different ways, and it depends on what you need. Even without TMRs, Orlandu is Luneth tier or higher, and with Excalibur and Dual Wield he becomes a god of death. Noctis, on the other hand, sounds like an absurd support-tank option, like 6* Rain but better.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

I just did the Charlotte quests and it was really loving stupid.
:what:

But... but anime! :japan:

nah it's pretty dumb but that shield'll be useful in about nine months.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

deathbagel posted:

I kitted out Chiz and I honestly think Dracu Lasswell was more effective, even though everyone rates Chorizo higher.

Dracula Swell has the stigma of being in the first (pretty bad) batch of global exclusives. JP players won't rate him high because their meta is several months ahead, global players won;t rate him high because he's just sort of there.

I'm curious if the global exclusives will get skill enhancements, honestly.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

I'm sitting on the friend point cap, do they ever do friend point summon specials?

If not is there anything worthwhile I can do with a mountain of fp summon units other than feeding them for xp? A couple useful tmrs I could potentially combine?

They do, but they're stupidly uncommon and just add metals/gil snappers to the pool, not replace the pool like in some games.

That said, there are a handful of great FP TMRs! A short list:
  • HP +10% - Rizer
  • Dragon Killer - Skaha
  • Aquan Killer - Ollie
  • Stone Killer - King Giott
  • Sunbeam - Carrie (Does magic damage but takes on physical attributes like equipped weapon element and being DW-friendly! Good for Exdeaths)
  • Camouflage - Montana

It's worth noting that all of those units except Rizer are 2*-3* instead of 1*-2*, so they're a little rarer. On the other hand, Rizer's TMR is the only way to reliably get HP +10%, so you might want to Trust multiples of him.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You know, I wouldn't be SO mad about all the Noctis pulls if I had ANY base 5* character. Even Delita or Dark Knight Cecil I could say, "well I may not have gotten the best one but I have A 5* base guy". and no maxwell doesn't count

Yeah. I mean, I might be envious of the people who pulled The Nerfed Prince, it's tempered by the Elza I pulled before. I can't complain, Elza is great.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alpha Mayo posted:

This is why I am a F2Per. Seems you have to go all or nothing with this game, spending >$300 just for a reasonable shot at new base 5*s. I am the type that buys $60 new games, and happily throw $5-10 at a time at good F2P games but that gets you nothing with this game. IMO they are failing to capitalize on a huge market of people willing to throw $5-10 at the game every few weeks and instead only target the whales.

I put down the money for the discounted single pulls in FFRK because I feel like that game has given me enough entertainment to be worth about as much as most people pay on monthly subscription fees to FF14, and that money gives me non-terrible returns for that investment.

FFBE has neither given me that level of enjoyment (past a mindless grind) nor do I feel my money will do anything but anger me further.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Gah I can't believe it. Since I apparently hate money and myself I dropped for another 11 pull because who needs to eat when there are pixel mans to try and get. It went

Congrats on your 15% towards Equip Heavy Shield (surprisingly good for healers!) and your two future Dual Wields.

oh and your fresh prince of reddit flair, i guess

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aherdofpenguins posted:

I've never rolled any 5* rainbow monsters or whatever, and don't have any TMs. With that in mind, is a pure tank team useful at all? Something like
Cecil / Wol / Snow / Buttz / Refia

Basically take in an overpowered friend and rely on Buttz battery and everyone tanking to keep everything running. Is that a thing?

If your friend is OP enough; just be warned that some harder bosses (Maxwell, the Twin Dragon, etc) have stupid bullshit attacks they use every x number of turns that you generally want to avoid seeing more than two or three times a fight.

Bartz can work middling double-duty as a damage dealer, mind you, and there's actually a not-insignificant amount of "can awaken up to 6*" units that can fill that hole of "damage dealer", even if they're not as good as the Base 5s - Mercedes and Chizuru are the big ones, but Cloud of Darkness and Bartz can fill in, in a pinch, and Firion will be up there eventually, too.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aherdofpenguins posted:

I have two Chizurus and Mercedes actually, but I was mostly looking at Bartz for his battery potential. I almost have dual cast, so I feel like DC Refia and Bartz can basically keep a team alive forever. Would it be worth slotting in a Chizuru or Mercedes instead of Bartz and maybe Snow?

"Forever" is an incredibly generous estimate, especially since Bartz's own sacrifice costs MP of his own, if memory serves, and he can never fill himself up like that. In the meantime in that hypothetical forever, you'd be doing damage almost entirely from WoL's Full Break and Snow's counters.

Chizuru, on the other hand, is a fair bit squishier but can actually hurt things.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

There is exactly one move Medius needs to be competitive, and that's Dual Wield. If he has baked-in Dual Wield he'll be worth consideration even if he's got Bedile stats.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Welp, no Dual Wield on Medius, he's still garbage. Dualcasting Bar-gas has potential but it would be nice if Cerius could do literally anything else.

I think even I might refrain from daily pulls on this banner, it's really goddamn bad unless you want feeders for Miracle Shoes or Growth Eggs. That lapis is better put to use gunning for the summon ticket bundles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

Wouldn't Cerius be a better dualcast healer than Krile with 6* stats?

You need to slap Carbuncle (or a Healing Staff) on her for Cura; she can't equip any white magic at all.

Krile, on the other hand, dualcasts Curajas without any trouble whatsoever.

e:f;b

• Locked thread