Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Guess who was the showcased leader?

It was Lightning.

How about this one?

Also Lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

deathbagel posted:

So, I know someone said it takes a few days to get them, but has anyone else seen rewards from last week's arena yet? I still haven't. I'm wondering if the tiers being messed up screwed us all out of rewards.

I feel like they might be holding off on it to look into apk injectors, since they're likely taking up top spots that should be going to other players.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

I have a super buff DK Cecil friend, max Cecil, and max WM Fina. And an unmaxed Refia. And that's about it. Any way that can get me through Maxwell? I don't have any breaks of any kind really.

No breaks is gonna hurt you bad. You can try cheesing it, but still really doubtful.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

How do you cheese it?

My espers aren't that high level yet ;(

Save scumming. It's talked about in the previous thread, so check there.

But really, doubt you can do more than drop her for the moogle. Even people with full breakers and Max Cecil's and refias had a tough time.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Most top tier lightnings use blade mastery + sakurafubuko.

Excalibur is less exciting right now since Cecil's resist it in arena as does Maxwell. Still worth working on for future use though.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Infected posted:

The discord referred me to one ShaTowSA for his CoD's murder services. Other people with beefy CoD's with Diabolos also very welcome in my quest to evoke it on Maxwell.

Friend Code: 204 877 895

Okay, I've put her up and sent you an invite. Wouldn't say she's the most murdererest (only got 1 rising sun and the pestle vs another goon's 2), but she does bring it.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dias posted:

I don't remember how I cheesed the stupid Crystals last Fiesta but I don't think it was draw attacks.

I'm sure it's more what came afterwards.

(i remember I had galuf as a time mage for that fight. God that sucked. )

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Here's a fun game for y'all. Guess what loadout this mobydick of a luneth has going for him. All stuff that's theoretically obtainable (so no atk+30% injection moulding,) and no duplicate equipment.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Niton posted:

(146 base ATK)
Moonblade (+118)
Sword Master (+29)
Sakurafubuki (+98)
Brave Suit (+22)
Black Cowl (+25)
Bracer (+29)
Celestial Armlet (+30)
Ifrit (+51)
ATK +30% (+44)
----
Blade Mastery (+73)
Power of Creation (+44)
Lunge Combo (+29)
ATK +20% (+29)

=767, w/ total +ATK scaling of 2.85 he has +28 ATK from pots so

Power Pot x3
Mini Power Pot x13
--

Fun fact: You can get higher than this. With maxed +ATK from arena and a pair of Infernal Bracers, he'd be a bit under 900.

e: fixed math

Close! I'd give it to ya. No one expects the spanish inquisitionseal of destruction.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Excalibur + Sakurafibuki
Black Hood, Brave Suit, Bracer, Celestial Gloves

Atk 20% and/or lunge combo materias, and blade mastery materia.

And give me his friend ID in the event that a spot opens in their list. :shobon:

Can't, he's gone now. I don't have him on my list either, just saw him out in the wild.

Infected posted:

Worked out A+ Okay, got my Maxwell. Thanks for the help.

Sweet, glad to hear it :)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Going back to exceed ring talk, is there really no one on jp with an exceed ring yet? I mean, there's gotta be someone, right?

Maybe there's some secret check where the more you have of the materials, the less chance there is for the rest of them to drop.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

AegisP posted:

I'm sure there's someone, but it was mentioned on in some reddit thread that they're hard to craft even for whales because one of the materials is a low % drop from crafting one of the components.

So they don't have equal drop rates?

I guess global does have the advantage of foresight. I doubt most of jp had much megacrysts/hero rings/trophies when it first came out. A lot of the trophies can't just be whaled either. Hell, even megacrysts farming can't be whaled. Still gotta collect those crysts yourself.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Not 5* based. 3 Bediles out of 5.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
The worst is seeing a 1.5 ratio opponent in arena, resetting the game to avoid crashing, then coming back and having them replaced with a 1.18 ratio. Or holding your orbs and waiting for the next opponent refresh, only to have the next set be even crappier ratio wise.

I'm hugging the 2-3k mark so there IS incentive for me to try for the most optimal path, but ugh, it's such a pain in the rear end and so blatantly gumi/alim Grindy micro management bullshit. Think I'm just going to say gently caress it and fight whomever whenever. So not worth stressing out over.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

I don't think I've ever seen higher than a 1.2 ratio in the arena.

It's gotten way rarer since the first week, and is still really random. Sometimes I can pick and choose from multiple 1.5s. Other times, <1.2. It's basically a system that rewards checking in frequently, which is pretty drat obnoxious, but I guess par for the gumi/alim experience.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Yes.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to gain 400 lapis is absolutely worth it.

It'd be a waste if he can get it next week without spending lapis though.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

enahs posted:

Will Elza be obtainable after the BF banner is over? I'm considering buying the tablet but I haven't pulled her yet and don't want to waste the karma if there's no chance I'll pull her in the future.

It's probable she'll return with tilith 6*, but I still wouldn't buy the tablet unless I actually had elza first.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Dropped 5 tickets

3* bartz
3* exdeath
3* duane
3* fran
4* wol

Sweet!

PathAsc posted:

Time to grind levels and sacred crystals again.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

You guys ever see some teams and think to yourself about how different your lives would be if you could afford to whale this hard on pixels?

Chen Kenichi posted:

How many actions does Gilgamesh have a turn? It feels advantageous to force him every turn to use one of them to dispel on himself.

Supposedly his dispel doesn't count as an action.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

Did you win?

Anyone still on the ball about multiple exdeaths; 4x meteor is really REALLY drat strong.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Elza/ CoD/ Lenna/ Exdeath /Faris imo. Even with Elza around, attack mitigation with Full Break is still pretty vital.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Where do you have to go to get Nichol after beating the Water Temple? I went back to Aquapolis and there was a cutscene, but no Nichol?

I mean, I wouldn't mind skipping him and saving the unit space, except for potential future lapis missions requiring using his story character abilities and all.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

Head to the left part of town where you got on the boat to the northern sea area.

Thanks. Always in the last place you check.

Evil Fluffy posted:

FF3DS is unironically the worst version of any FF game ever made. The original famicom version is better. Hell, the original famicom version of FF2 is better.

What made it so bad? I tried playing a little, but stopped due to the frequent random encounters (like every 5 steps)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Monthly rankings just reset.

I found out a couple hours before the reset, and just had enough time to rank up + refill once to put me into the top monthly 3k. Definitely thought it was going to be tomorrow. Probably not the only one.

Overall, fewer 4-5x lightning teams than I expected (fought 3 teams like this since arena started.) Surprisingly few exdeath teams for that matter, most I saw was 2 on one team. Usually it's a rather boring mix of one luneth, lightning, greg, cecil, exdeath and/or elza.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Every time I flipped to Discord to talk to people (hey people join the Discord) I'd lose about 50 ranks. crazy times. I probably got about 70-80 runs in.

Hahaha yeah I went a little nuts too. Could've squeezed even more runs in had I not been frantically spending medals between bunches of runs since I was afraid they'd take them away.

Briefly broke into the high 100's rank too. That's gone now though ofc.

Also saw this cool team while I was out there riding dirty.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

If this is your first freemium game, the business model is predicated on creating what are called "pain points" to force you to spend money. You cruise, get a ton of premium currency, people level fast, awakening is easy, etc and then you start hitting walls, whether it be difficult enemies, massive amounts of time needed to progress characters, etc. Then they sell you currency to remove the pain points temporarily until you hit the next wall.

You might quit but they don't care because it just means you aren't spending money. Plenty of people are broken and will spend hundreds.

This is the hell that we, as consumers, have asked for with our dollars. They make these games because they generate income, not because they want the player to feel good or enjoy themselves. They are not worried about losing players because they are making massive profits off those that stay. TLDR if you can't enjoy a stupid grindy game being stupid and grindy, you are not understanding the basic premise of the game you are playing

Basically this. It's a pretty malicious system that uses the 'free to play' excuse to psychologically manipulate players into giving them money. You can bet the company doesn't care how much it tarnishes its or the Final Fantasy name, as long as it makes massive profits, and you should feel bad about complaining, because you're getting to play it 'for free'.

My advice? Forget getting everything. The Halloween event was generous to get players conditioned to the idea of being able to do that. Not going to happen again, unless you're willing to whale. Guaranteed, lightning not having a bonus and the new daily (which I reckon will be here every day for the event's duration), are both moves to force players to not ignore the event, and spend on obsolete units.

Get what's minimally worthwhile, and then just focus on doing other things like clearing old stages for lapis. Eventually, they'll go back to being generous again, in order to lull people into thinking they've learned from their "mistakes", and there'll be another honeymoon period before the next crap event. Rinse and repeat.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Part of it is because there's vastly more whales in Japan, and the competition between cell phone games is pretty stiff, so a lot of Japanese cell games tend to be overly generous to sway more players to play and spend money on their game over a competitor's.

I don't doubt that there's a lot of things Gumi can't control with the game, due to the programmer turnover rate/not wanting to break things since they're basically a localization company, so if they start fiddling too much with the code, it could interfere with future updates.

But also part of it is because as much of an outcry as it causes, making GBS threads on global players like this DOES make them more money. Trust me, they've been around a very long time. They utilize these manipulation techniques BECAUSE it works for their profits, despite whatever threats or ill will the player base holds towards them because of it.

God help you if you have any financial stakes in the game/nostalgia attachment to the series/any characters, because they are effectively using that against you. See Orlando and the atrocious banner he's on for starters.

Anyways, my plan for this event is do the minimal necessary for dailys, and wait for next week which is when lightning's bonus should come into play. Probably just going to go for all tickets save the most expensive, and maybe some six* awakening materials with whatever's left over. The fist weapon is arguably worthwhile, but should consider who it's going to go on. Snow is the obvious choice, but are you going to run him over Cecil or Wall if you have either? Wall can use it too, but he's likely better off with the hammer that gives him 15% increased HP, so the only time he'd use the fist is if you're up against an enemy that resists lighting damage. And even then, he's likely not there to be a damage dealer anyways.

Personally, I'm more interested to see what will happen with the next event. It looks like it might be a combination of the two type 0 banners, don't know if they had different events or not.

Also something that might've been missed: there's bundles being sold for Gil in the shops. Just single six* awakening materials, and a few metal cactus, but if you're over laden with Gil, might as well pick them up.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
dualcast imo will give you way more surviveability, though I'd put it on cecil instead of lenna. After that, I'd say Maxwell's would be useful in the most situations.

God, the last 0.1% is always the most excruciating. Come on cheeseru's, get in there! You've spent like 30 nrg at 99.9%!

Edit: Just as I posted. Yaaas blade mastery (and no one to actually put it on since my best katana attacker needs to wait for her 6* to get here first.)

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 3, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Vax posted:

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless.

I mean sure, if you've got lightnings/luneths/Gregs out the wazoo.

I'd still use cheese over lightning just cause her animations don't take 50 years.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

This could be trouble!

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
The 1% of the time that arena whale teams co-ordinate well enough to take out yours sure does make me want for 5* bases of my own someday.

'Course it doesn't help that I'm still trying to use 3 magic-neutered exdeaths because I'm too lazy to redistribute equipment, plus having really limited 6* options. We'll see how things go next arena reset :argh:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Mrit SA posted:

Doublehand is okay, but moogles should really be reserved for either Zidane, Gilgamesh, or Ludmile.

I used 2 moogles on medius.

No regrets.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Palleon posted:

I can confirm stat pot increases stay with units when they awaken.

Good to hear. I've been dumping a pile into chiz as well as farming sakurafubuli in preparation for her 6* #makecheesegreatagain

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
New trials on wiki.

Use attack abilities? You're boned.

Use black magic? Also boned.

Don't use either? Every 4 turns, one chara gets straight up boned.

Better hope you've got refia plus good autoattackers.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Maybe if someone requests it? I guess 2 refias could ensure that you don't need as many phoenix downs, and people without refias will obviously appreciate. I'd probably just go for a luneth/lightning though, since I don't have either and their LB's will debuff the boss's defenses.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, I've had that happen to me too, where some characters just stand there when auto is pressed. Only happens every once in a while, not sure what causes it, but it's definitely a bug.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

ATTENTION GOONS: I have prepared. Yell at me on Discord if you have not got me on your list, this is probably one of the best ways we can get through this poo poo trial.

Wouldn't a ribbon be better than one of those bracers? Trial boss's got a 50% paralyze attack he'll use normally, and a threshold 100% area of effect blind (plus silence) attack that'll likely happen three times unless you really blitz him down.

Otherwise, that's a pretty sweet lightning no doubt.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Vax posted:

Fun fact: In JP there has only ONCE been extended Maintenance in all this time and guess what they got for compensation? 1000 loving Lapis, thats right

I see it as just a marketing ploy. Every maintenance, gumi extends by x hours. Everyone bitches and whines about it on forums (always easier to criticize than praise after all), bumping it to the front pages, which then gets it in the eyes of new players. We already know gumi doesn't care one lick about its reputation, so what do they got to lose?

I mean, it's still pretty drat gross and manipulating and I don't know why any of you still give gumi money, but hey.

Dana Crysalis posted:

I figured the damage/HP bonus from the bracer was worth Esuna-ing her every so often. I do HAVE a Ribbon, though, so if that is necessary I can put it on her.

I guess it's hard to say. My general approach to trials tends to favor surviveability over damage racing, which has served me pretty well so far. It's up to you of course.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 8, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

rio posted:

So with that extremely low rate for Orrandu is it even worth saving tickets for it or should I blow them trying to get a lightning? I don't have a lightning so unless her rates are also abysmally low then I think I should spend my saved tickets on her...although I'm sure I'll just get Bediled either way.

The thing about Orlando Bloom's banner is that you HAVE to get him (or something good off banner) for it to be worth going all in. Assuming we get the same banner, everyone aside from Orlando is straight up garbage with crappy TMs. It's not like lightnings first banner, where going all in and not getting lightning meant you'd still pick up Charlotte and/or a few dualcasts.

That said, this upcoming lightning banner is pretty much the same. Both Hope and Fang are subpar with crappy TMs. Lightning herself, while good, won't compare to Orlando.

Personally, I'd skip both banners, and wait for the next two God tier units, a.k.a. Eileen and Tidus. Their banners at least have pretty good to amazing consolation prizes in the event that you miss getting either of those two.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Because they're both only a few banners out from Orlando's? If you don't know how to be patient and think rationally about your options, then you're exactly the type of clientele gumi wants playing their games.

I mean sure, if you just keep saving resources, you'll never end up doing anything. But there's a big difference between hey Orlando's great, let's see if I can get him on dailies, and oh my God Orlando gonna throw all of my resources and be absolutely hosed if I don't get him at all.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 8, 2016

• Locked thread