Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AegisP posted:

Goddamnit, stop giving me reasons not to mush my Shantotto's together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8pegRzjaSY

That chain :stare:

Also maxxes out all their LB gauges and the summon meter long before it finishes, though their LBs probably chain for less damage than that doublecast link spam.

Personally I'm just going to settle for having 3 Exdeaths doublecasting Meteors while Cecil watches and maybe Rydia joins in too because eh why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
FF5 event on Thanksgiving and here I am sitting on 63 gigantaurs with all 100 still available from King Mog for me to buy and feed to my 5*, 4*, and 3* Exdeaths. The 3* one should get the last mini burst pot he needs to hit 10/10 at which point I'll probably just say gently caress it and make him my 2nd 6* unless there's a ton of mini burst pots coming in the next week or two. I really wish I'd remembered to farm a bit harder to buy the 45(?) pots from the halloween event. Between my current cactuars, the 100 from King Mog, and just some general grinding I should be able to 6* and lvl 100 two exdeaths pretty much immediately. At that point the arena's gonna get a whole lot easier to blow through. Right until I run in to a 5 Exdeath team that goes first, anyways. Don't think I'll pull on this banner because I already have Galuf, 2 Kriles, and 3 Exdeaths. Butz and Greg would be cool and all but meh. I'll keep saving for the Orlandu disappointment extravaganza.

Just fought an arena team of Tilith/Tilith/Tilith/Elza/Maxwell. I can only imagine how much karma that person has collected so far. :psypop:

Vax posted:

Here's some more of Shantottos pretty good 5* Tornado skill. He couples it with Firions AOE to get Edgar-Like chains in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79sGF0Udc0

Also Orochi, which he slows down to show the 3996 damage hit from his cold breath (?) attack. That Orochi's HP. though... :getin:

Hardbody posted:

He is decent, but he comes with Doublehand which is a great TM.

That said, I dont think that is the banner. Rumor is Gilgamesh is coming.

Gilgamesh and Faris should both be coming, but Faris is just a 5* full breaker. Gilgamesh's biggest downside is he doesn't have a native dual wield, but his TM is the Genji Glove which is a hero ring that gives dual wield. It also means that you could technically have a unit like 5* Garland with dual wield, but why you'd do something like that when you have Gilgamesh instead is another matter.

At least they probably won't split the banner like they did for FFT, since this only has one new 6* unit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Shark Tower posted:

Here's a fun game for y'all. Guess what loadout this mobydick of a luneth has going for him. All stuff that's theoretically obtainable (so no atk+30% injection moulding,) and no duplicate equipment.

Excalibur + Sakurafibuki
Black Hood, Brave Suit, Bracer, Celestial Gloves

Atk 20% and/or lunge combo materias, and blade mastery materia.

And give me his friend ID in the event that a spot opens in their list. :shobon:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Vax posted:

Thundaga chains with CoD are fun

This time next week we'll be chaining meteors and there will be no survivors. :science:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

Only need 2 Rydias! Cecil with Focus provides a larger bonus to damage than the two extra castings (I think)

It's largely irrelevant since nothing threatening can survive that many (chained) Meteors. Maybe a 6* WoL once we get him but honestly I don't think his passive will trigger enough to matter, and even if it does he'd still be all alone against your party so that'd only delay the inevitable.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

AegisP posted:

I forgot to mention it also on turn 1 casts Reflect on itself and its Arms. Here's a video if you want to watch someone's 6500 hp units get the poo poo kicked out of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQ0sPERRQY

Also it shows how much I really, really want Rikku.

One of the hits he does on the turn that kills the boss's main body was a 7-digit damage number, too.

e: Finally went back and redid Maxwell for the 10k karma.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 22, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Right after redoing the Maxwell fight I go run an exploration only to find one of my random facebook friend Luneths has suddenly jumped up to 735 attack with Diablos and wielding a moonblade. :psyduck:

I'm tempted to rerun the fight just to see how much this guy wrecks Maxwell's face.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Chen Kenichi posted:

OK at least a little less game-breaking, and it explains what Ramza was doing there.

Ramza's upgraded hero song is an HP/MP regen for the party in addition to the +100% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR it gives. Upgraded Ramza's crazy party buff machine.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

WebDO posted:

I can't clear Maxwell with Mylan or Fenrir, does anyone else have a better unit? This is sad. :negative:

Any dual wielding CoD, especially one dual wielding a combination of Rising Sun/Lunar Pestle is better than most buff Lightning/Elza units for killing Maxwell. 450-500ish atk CoD, especially with Diablos, is just a shitload of Maneater damage on an easily chained single hit skill and with more durability due to the extra 50% light resist (or 0, if they use diablos for yet more damage).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

You should have CoD put up omni-veil for Endless. It's helpful to have it up as much as you can, but it's huge for Endless. When I went back and cleared for the 10k Karma I actually pushed her past the threshold because I badly misjudged the damage I'd do that round and since I have full break, Focus, and omni-veil all going the most damage anyone took was probably 2-2.5k and without omni running I'd have probably lost most of my team.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Using a buddy Maxwell for karma farming is fun since I just one-shot Vargas when chaining a pair of Endless LBs and throwing Call of the Void in the middle of it for an easily 500k+ damage hit thanks to the maxxed out damage multiplier. Sucks that we won't have her 6* form for a few months unless Gumi decides to be uncharacteristically generous.

Shoenin posted:

I managed to get Maxwell down

but uh, I got like no limit or summon bar with this process. Least I got the no KO dark res thingy.
But I got and train RAIDEN of mist so I know I can do the evocation one, just need practice and patience.

Not filling your summon bar is punishment for using those awful character nicknames that infest the FFRK thread. :colbert:

Use moves like Barrage and Cleansing Strike (due to their higher individual orb chests from being 4x and 3x attacks) early in the fight and just take your time going through the first 30-50% of Maxwell's HP, or get some good (elemental) chains since that can also help get summon orbs to drop. You can try relying on Rydia but you're going to need to just spend a lot of time on basic attacks to get her bar filled in the first place and she'll largely be dead weight (or just dead) for a lot of the fight since she's extremely fragile. Hyper can help but when I got my first clear of the fight I summoned Diablos with Maxwell around 50% or so HP and when the fight ended I hadn't filled a single person's LB, even Cecil.

Palleon posted:

So what was up with that warning announcement this morning? Are they trying to ban macro users, or are they referring to people who are hacking the game to get TM rewards? Because if they start banning macro users, welp, I'm done with this game.

Hackers. They know people use emulators and if you look in Appinvasion and other sites you can find Brave Forntier players who use(d) emulators, ran in to account issues, and Gumi's response was basically "emulators aren't supported, tough poo poo" but I can't ever recall someone being banned for emulator use. Plus if their marketing team decides "this doesn't cause harm to the game in and of itself, and increases the chances these people spend money" they would fight against banning emulator users.

They'd be more likely to ban people for savescumming the Maxwell fight, which would also ensure that they lose a lot of money for no good reason because they'd effectively be banning people under the assumption their game doesn't crash on its own. It'd be especially ironic in this case because in Brave Frontier a lot of people used to crash constantly in trial fights (like Maxwell).

That fight was so good, even though it wasn't nearly as tough as I expected. Shout murdersquad now and forever. :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Sorry I just took all of the Karma today.

loving monster. Give me one of those Tiliths. :(

e: 1/2 pull gave me Cecil #3. God I need a Zidane so badly.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 22, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^ Literally all cross-platform games work this way.

Voodoo posted:

I want to 6* my ExDeath, but he's at like level 13/15 of his limit break at 4*, so I kind feel like I'm in it for the long haul at this point.

I took Exdeath #2 to 10/10 on his LB and I'm probably just going to feed him my stat pots and make him my 'main' Exdeath once my current lvl 80 and this one are both taken to level 100. Then I'll get #3 maxxed whenever. I'd love to take it to 15/15 or 20/20 before going to 6* so I can max him totally but honestly it's hard to not apply status effects with his LB as it is and gently caress LB grinding.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

yeah i got this today

is it good?

In a couple days he becomes a 6* mage that can natively dualcast Meteor. No TMs? No problem! :science:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^ I managed to hit my 100 streak yesterday and haven't hit arena crashes on an iPhone 6S, though the game is closed/restarted often throughout the day which helps too. The auto-loss thing is likely them taking a lesson form Brave Frontier, since for a long time people could and would force close the game to avoid losses.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Just wait until she's getting +150% limit break. It's called Endless because the ride never stops!

Your Maxwell + buddy Maxwell = 65 hit elemental chain that can and will fill LB gauges when hitting multiple targets. Also everyone else can easily chain for maximum damage because Endless lasts about 10x as long as a move like chainsaw.

Anyone who also manages to get units like Orlandu can just make it even more ridiculous by adding in more holy damage and holy weakness.

Shoenin posted:

How are they even doing this?

are they changing the game's code directly or something?

Yes.

Basically you indict info that tells the server "hey when I killed X a chest appeared and contained [whatever the gently caress you want from the database]." As long as it exists in the game files you can get it.

Gumi's always monitored and banned for that poo poo though. Someone having a Genji Glove on before Gilgamesh is available is on par with the people who'd have multiple Maxwells with the dev-only subtype and unreleased unreleased or unique spheres equipped. There are plenty of games that have built in serverside systems to send alerts any time something from a restricted list drops where/when it shouldn't, or other things that shouldn't be possible happen. Not sure if Gumi has any systems setup like that but if they do then it's comically easy to ban people who inject stuff they shouldn't have.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Shoenin posted:

What the hell are Crests and Jeweled/EXP Keys?

Things that are not actually releases in the global version and haven't been mentioned in any way, shape, or form IIRC.

happyalloy posted:

As a player who is unlikely to ever macro in this game, I find myself torn on which to use my Trust Moogles on: Dual Wield or Dual Cast. Which of the two would be more useful; or, rather, which of the two makes it more likely that I can handle tougher content? For reference, my A team right now is Cecil, Refia, CoD, Agrias, Arc, and soon ExDeath (when his 6-star hits). I also have Maxwell, Chizuru, Kefka, Rydia, and WoL on the bench. Thanks!

Dual wield, no question about it. If I ever get a Zidane (or by some miracle, gilgamesh) I'm dumping my moogles in to them pretty much immediately since I'm sitting around 75-80% worth of trust right now and dual wield is an absolute must-have for top tier units that don't have it natively.

KataraniSword posted:

I'd offer, instead, that Squeenix doesn't want to pad out our time with lovely Type-0 and FF13 banners featuring characters that nobody in the US really actually likes.

Both are true. It's no secret that Japan is the most lucrative mobile market on the planet in terms of revenue per user. Part of the reason they shower users with freebies is because the ROI is just that much better and there's no shortage of options for anime mobile games there. :japan:

And yeah, nobody gives a poo poo about Type-0, though FF13's other banner is probably still going to be decently popular, but not on the level that FF7 is going to be when it comes out eventually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MohShuvuu posted:

it's raining karma

I got 2-1-3 for metal gods yesterday but only a 200% bonus. drat you people getting BF characters from these dumb banners. :argh:

Only had a solo metal god so far today in the dozen or so runs I've had. Sitting around 60k karma and need around 70k or so total to grab the trust moogle and the other stuff I want to collect from the event, like all the 6* materials and one or both demonic materia, for arena use or whatever. Need those Gigantaurs and evolution items though for the 3 Exdeaths I need to get evolved (and two need to be leveled from 4* still).

e: Complaining works, got a 3 metal god group 2 runs after this post. Another 9k karma collected. :toot:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 24, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Did one more ticket pull on the BF banner, blue crystal turned gold!

...Shadow. :suicide:

This is gold crystal #5 or 6 in a row that gave a 4* max trash unit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Exdeath #1 level 100, Exdeath #2 level 90 (with lvl 10 LB). 5x meteor action in the arena is a glorious thing, especially when they actually chain properly since it kills even a tanky Cecil from full HP. Even without chains, 999x5 kills drat near everything as it is, especially if Tellah tosses in another -aga for 500+ damage. It's nearly impossible to not at least get a pair of 1 chain meteors even if timing is messed up though so 5.5k+ damage from meteors is common. Once I get Exdeath #3 (4*, lvl 41) to 6* and with meteor it's game over for any team where I go first, or they don't wipe out 1-2 party members of mine if they go first. Still sitting on 30+ of all the 6* mats too so all I need is about 1.5 million xp...

Also fun: Taking both Exdeaths in to the GGC with a buddy maxwell, chaining a pair of Endless LBs, and then having all 4 meteors land during said Endless chain for upwards of 4-500k damage per meteor. :hellyeah:

Also had 2-2-3 metal god appearances within my first dozen GGC runs today, with the 3 metal gods showing up on the run after I used gumi's compensation NRG. Looks like I'll be able to grab that 15% hp materia I'd forgotten about while still getting everything else I wanted, plus some extra evo mats from the looks of things. Or I can forgo the 15% hp and get... another demonic materia and... overpriced 6* mats after buying the 20 of each cheaply?

aherdofpenguins posted:

I have a Refia around, no Full Break, and I love Mexican food. PERFECT.

What is it about Orlandu that completely breaks the game? Is he really THAT much better than everything they have currently?

Yes. It's (almost) not funny how broken Orlandu is, even if you don't have an Excalibur for him. When you see JP players post about how a pair of Orlandus completely trivalizes fights that entire teams struggle with they aren't kidding. Toss in Ramza for his (enhanced) Hero Song for even more murder, and Tilith for some extra resists and hp/mp healing and then fill your remaining spots with whatever.

At the rate FFT's units get powered up I'm guessing that if/when they add Beowulf he just ends up with a bunch of 1-200% damage single/aoe target moves with near-guaranteed status effect infliction rates and his LB will be some sort of supercharged version of what Exdeath has. Maybe with Stop and some new effects thrown in.

PaybackJack posted:

I've 1/2 pulled 2 gold crystals off this banner. First was Anzlem, second was Clyne. :suicide:

I think the BF banner has given me my highest ratio of gold crystals ever, while also giving me zero on-banner units. Like I pulled over 70 times for Lightning and if you exclude the guaranteed 4* crystals on the 11 pulls I got maybe half as many gold crystals as the maybe dozen BF banner pulls gave me, yet no Tilith, or even a Karl/Seria for extra karma... :smith:

PathAsc posted:

After this event is over I'll throw up my best mage again, since karma will finally be dead and gone.

:same:

My 2nd Exdeath should be pushing, or over, 500MAG and is at LB lvl 10.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Oh lordly lord. FF5 realm bonus for the arena this week. Hello 4k+ hp on 6* Exdeaths and further assurance their meteors will always do 999 damage before chain bonuses. :getin:

Got my timing down to chain the first three meteors after Stonra from Cecil and Thundaga from Tellah, then the last two Meteors chain again. I'm not sure what the total damage is I'm doing but nothing survives. Gonna be nice reliably farming all those 1.50 value arena whales fore more medals per win. Thank god dualcast isn't banned.

Twelve by Pies posted:

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to gain 400 lapis is absolutely worth it.

Waiting a few more days and getting 500 lapis instead of 400 is better. There's no burning need for an immediate pull or two tbh.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

1/2 pull, gold crystal disappointment time...

:toot: Butz :toot:

And with that, I am done with the FF5 banner because lol chasing Gilgamesh and IDGAF about Faris. Now do I focus on Butz or wait until I get Exdeath #3 to 6* and dualcast meteor, or even just singlecast meteor... Thinking the latter because it's still massive gently caress you spike damage for events and the arena while Butz would be a decent but not amazing physical DPS alongside CoD.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm glad I pulled a Butz because at least i can use that on any future poo poo-wrecker since god knows if/when I'll pull Zidane (or Gilgamesh) on a future banner. Shame that Gumi and SEQX are shits who won't let it stack on global (not that it isn't broken as poo poo in JP).

It's a shame earthshaker is an ability and you can't doublecast it because that severely reduces its appeal on Exdeath.

Dias posted:

did you steal fenrir's magical pull talisman

can i have it for a second

I call dibbs for it on the Orlandu banner and I will cut anyone who tries to deny me. :argh:

Cat Pilot posted:

I did an 11 pull:

Zidane#3, Tree Husbando and Greg! Last event I got an Elza. Actually feel lucky considering how poo poo my other pulls were lately.

You fucker.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Pretty sure there has been confirmation directly from Gumi that it's an intentional nerf.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tried ELT with Exdeath/Exdeath/Cecil/Agrias and a 680atk Gilgamesh buddy.

Took the 2nd gilgamesh down to around half HP then people started dying, if for no reason other than missile doing 1400 damage and picking the same person 2-3x in a single round is dumb bullshit. I'm going to go back later with CoD/Cecil/Agrias/Lenna/Exdeath probably, and then some buff CoD or Lightning buddy once one of the more beastly friends is up.

Shark Tower posted:

Anyone still on the ball about multiple exdeaths; 4x meteor is really REALLY drat strong.

Not as strong as 7x meteor though! :v:

KataraniSword posted:

It's not a waste if you never finished Colo. :v: I will reach the Defender's Bracer someday...

oh and the blood sword too i guess maybe

Some of the ADV enemies don't die to 4x meteors if they don't chain decently. Kinda annoying really.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Did one more 1/2 pull because I'm dumb, got another gold crystal and Exdeath #4. Someday, I will 9x meteor (or 10x whenever I get around to farming my dualcast TM(s)) the arena and life will be good. Though by then we'll probably have shantotto's 5* form and her twister spam is just worlds better than meteor due to the elemental chaining, so I'll probably just get my 3rd Exdeath leveled and leave it at Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Rydia/Cecil.

ELT in the big bridge wasn't too bad with CoD/Agrias/Exdeath/Lenna/Cecil and the 730ish atk Luneth murderbuddy I have. I didn't get the no deaths reward because somehow Exdeath got killed in the first Gilgamesh fight. :(

Shoenin posted:

God Arena this week is going to be loving terrible

If a Lightning/Luneth actually does their AOE or any of the Army of Exdeath's cast Meteo its pretty much game.

Being able to one-round even whale teams with meteor spam is pretty fun. Only downside is I rarely see an opponent with 1.10 or better ratio so my medal gain isn't nearly as good as it could/should be. :sigh:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Only if you've brought mages to a knife fight. CoD, Cecil, Refia and Lightning laugh at your space rocks.

:getin:

I've never had a Refia survive my meteors (I chain thundaga and stonra in the middle to ensure the link doesn't break) considering the last meteor in the chain usually hits for about 1500 damage on most people. Sometimes a Cecil will if the chain is bad but he's nearly dead at that point and a single meteor will easily finish him off.

MrLonghair posted:

!
With luck we'll have that one before 2018

If we're lucky we'll get it at the same time, but those units are probably going to be powercreeped as hell (or at least maybe Noctis will be) so they'd probably do some goofy hamfisted nerf to undo at some point* in the future.

* never, because they'll forget or not care.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Coding something that checks this out and does it automatically to the players is too much effort for Gumi so its too much effort for me to do manually.

This is to get FB traffic. If they just wanted to do a check that requires player input they'd likely have just setup a page where you enter you character ID and email address like they do for the Unit of Choice stuff in Brave Frontier. Just giving out the ticket and cactuars for hitting rank X or higher doesn't get them traffic.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

Welcome to the new hotness of arena. Golem Staff is in the gale vault and unlocked this week, and anything that has barrage and dual wield can use it to petrify people like crazy, and both Cloud and Butts can wield it natively. Butts even has a super-barrage that gets 5 hits instead of 4, and the proc can go off on either hand.

It is the bee's butts, as the saying goes.

And of course, abilities like Esuna and CoD's AOE status removal skill don't affect petrify so either be immune or risk getting screwed with by RNG.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

you've been blessed by the bad pull bedile. repost this image in five other threads or bedile will visit you during your daily half price pull every day for a month

I'm not sure you understand what 'blessed' means. :v:

Killing Vector posted:

I forgot to do my daily pull until earlier this afternoon. Saw some strange colors as the crystal descended and, holy poo poo, it's a rainbow crystal! My first one ever! Crack it open and out pops...

Off-banner, but not a troll 5*. :unsmith: In fact, Luneth's probably preferable to Gilgamesh since I don't macro TMs.

Given that I also pulled Luneth's BSB in Record Keeper the other day, I think these mobile games want me to play FF3DS. Too bad I haven't heard great things about it.

FF3DS is unironically the worst version of any FF game ever made. The original famicom version is better. Hell, the original famicom version of FF2 is better.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tengames posted:

the games were made for people who had already played the original games so they were made mroe difficult/given gimmicks to change it up. FF4: the after years was made around the same time and some bosses pretty much require you to know how all of ff4's mechanics work to survive even random encounters.

FF4DS was not only badly balanced in general (anyone who thinks random encounters being a bigger threat than bosses is too stupid to be allowed to be a game designer) but also had some design that looked to be very clearly made with the belief that the player would have and use certain augments certain ways. I can't imagine how unfun the game would be without having Draw Attacks on Cecil, considering how easily a lot of enemies could outright kill Rydia and Rosa from full HP as if you were playing group content in an MMO. You also had Rydia's custom summon that was largely worthless unless you maxxed its stats and set it up in specific ways, at which point it was maybe worth using sometimes but not really.

The short answer though, is that Matrix Software are a bunch of hacks who SE use for remakes because they're as cheap as you'd expect.

PopeCrunch posted:

I forget if it was 2 or 3 that had the thing where the accepted method to powerlevelling your dudes' stamina was to run around until you got into a random battle with something trivial, then spend your time completely ignoring the monster and beating your own dudes mostly to death, only to heal them up and start over, because stats and abilities skilled up from use. All while some poor imp gets :words:
edit to add: also, casting Toad on some poor rando (probably an imp) over and over again to level it up to the point where you could toad the final boss and trivialize the fight.

In the NES version, there was also a bug where entering a command and then canceling it still gave you credit for the move, so you could have all but the last person in your party enter the same command a dozen or so times, canceling after each input, then end the fight and gain entire levels in those abilities from a single turn. This means getting stuff like level 16 Unarmed or Toad in 16 fights total. That got fixed in every version after AFAIK. Definitely got fixed in the iOS version.

PaybackJack posted:

New banner announcement, FFXIII with Snow, Sazh, Vanille. Pretty safe to skip and not whale on.

Unfortunately the event is another "bonus" for those three characters grindable event currency. On the plus side the rewards don't sound terribly amazing and the character specific stuff is just weaker equipment.

Hopefully there's another trust moogle and it won't take days of grinding.

Snow's TMR, paired with a Kaiser Knuckle, is really drat nice. Firion gets +30% atk when using a knuckle as well once we get his 6* form and that should stack with Snow's TMR.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I always thought LB = Limit Break. Why is it called Limit Burst in FFBE? Did any other FFs call it Limit Burst?

Gumi calls their special moves 'Bursts' in Brave Frontier and wanted to be consistent is the most likely answer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

How do you people not value your free time? Just run the ADV xp vortex and spend those other hours doing something else with your life instead of ensuring you burn out as fast as humanly possible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

AegisP posted:

Word going around, from people translating Japanese streams, is that Global's going to be getting Noctis at the same time as Japan (mid-December).

Which would be awesome.

Unless Noctis and co are nerfed as hell in Global since even if they aren't Veritas or Orlandu tier they're still going to be units that're 6+ months ahead of our power curve. If we get them unmodified and they are also really strong it's going to be interesting to see what people do. Considering Gumi's actions for things like Doublehand's nerf and tweaks to trials and such I fully expect us to get weakened versions of the units who will then get buffed (maybe) in X months.

I'll probably throw some 1/2 pulls at the FF13 banner to try for Snow but otherwise just stockpiling for Orlandu (or maybe Noctis if he turns out to be some OP as hell unit).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

hey girl you up posted:

I've been playing for a week and Rain/Lasswell both have Level 3 limit breaks. Autoing explorations with 2* units goes a long way.

Not sure why you're doing this but you probably should stop, or swap to more meaningful characters. There's no reason to auto farm using 2* units because you're never going to not have FP coming in for pulling more of those trash units.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rydia/Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Cecil continues to give no shits about arena teams and destroys all comers. Next week is going to suck though because it's going to be XIII bonus so those multi-lightning teams are going to be rough whenever they go first. Still won't have anywhere near enough HP or SPR to survive 7 chained meteors though. :science:

Palleon posted:

That would have been an amazing team 3 months ago.

It'll be pretty decent in a month or two as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yes, drop a Cecil for Refia.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

As amazing as the Genji Glove is, Gilgamesh really isn't worth chasing IMO.

Though having a new 780+ atk Gilgamesh buddy show up yesterday was very :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

We're getting an ape cum collectathon starting Friday so get your jars ready.

It's also not an exploration, for those who were losing their minds over that.

Though from what I recall, it's still stingy-as-gently caress with the currency drops. Possibly worse than the BF event.

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, if you're not willing to mindlessly grind horrible events to get the stupid event currency to exchange, you won't be going past 5*. It's such a lovely way to do it.

They went from "we'll intentionally gently caress with people via drop RNG, especially global players" to "well if it's not a unique unit eh gently caress it :shrug:" in Brave Frontier over time. They're definitely looking to avoid making evolution mats a minor speed bump like in that game if nothing else. When 7* units come we'll probably see a new evo mat dungeon level for 6* material drops with 7* mats taking over the tedium. Or we'll keep the tedium and 7* will become a new unique kind of hell.

I was able to evolve my Exdeaths largely because I hadn't evolved a 6* unit since Cecil and CoD. Still up in the air on whether I'll 6* Butz or not. I probably should, maybe. All that XP he needs from 3* though... :effort:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I burned all 5 arena orbs early against a guy who was rank #157 or so. His team was a solo 6* Butz that was still in the process of being leveled. :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The score and medals you get is affected by your opponent's multiplier. At most you'll get 14 medals from a win, not sure if the minimum is higher than 1 or not. The streak bonus for score maxes out pretty quickly too. If you aren't trying to get in to the top 3k (or 30k as a newer player) then the higher multipler for more medals is the only real appeal since it lets you fill out the reward boards faster.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I'd shoot for 2 Aegis Shields, but I also don't know what other good shields are coming down the pipeline. You'd want one for your Tank for sure, then another for your breaker. Unless you're really tight on space, I wouldn't get rid of them.

Metal King Shield if we get the DQMSL event (which I doubt will happen as the game never went outside of Japan and SEA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Vax posted:

You havent run into the Rain trap then with 4x Lightning casting at least triple Heat Blitz on your all mage chaining team.

I have. Having Exdeaths with 4.2-4.5k HP and probably 250-300 defense means those blitzes don't hit too badly unless the lightnings are sporting solid gear, and if Cecil guards someone they're guaranteed to survive (and two exdeaths will easily wipe out 4 lightnings). Even then it's not as bad as getting hit by 2 aoes and a dual wielding CoD's barrage since the CoD's going to be hitting for 999 much easier. After this week ends the risk will get higher, especially since XIII is likely to have the realm bonus, but right now with FF5 realm bonus Exdeath is one tanky bastard and I rarely see Lightnings hit for 999 without weakness bonus (which is frequent, loving excaliburs :argh:).

My current 90ish winstreak started befor 6* exdeath came out and was due to a whale team going first and simply focus-firing Tellah and an Exdeath, which made it impossible for me to take out anyone on their team on my turn since they got to go first in round 2 as well and Refia+Cecil spamming curaja = nope.

Now it doesn't matter because unless the other team goes first and can drop over 4k damage on 3+ targets in a single round, or somehow mass silence my team, I win.

Joke's on you for when Sabin's revealed as the first 7* unit and Bum Rush is 500% damage move that hits 20 times and can use weapon elements.

:smith:

• Locked thread