Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Final Fantasy V event is coming! 6* Exdeath, here I come! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Looks like the maintenance was extended 2 hours.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
My Exdeath isn't even max level yet and I'm loving him already.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Half off was Bartz! That's cool, I didn't have one before, and natural Barrage learners are always welcome.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

AegisP posted:

Ongoing JP Anniversary stream announced 6* upgrades for Charlotte and Hayate planned for December. So for us, figure next summer/fall. Also some weird kind of new game mode where you bring a team of 10 units, swapping them in during the fight? No one's sure how that's going to work right now.

Oh hey, that gives me hope for 6* awakenings for more FFBE originals. I'd like to see what a 6* version of the bard Gilbert would be like.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'd really like to see Square's original fully realized vision for FF9, because it feels like they had to cut a lot of content. Lani has her own (pretty badass) theme and character model, and gets played up like they're introducing some big new character, only to be such a non-entity, I can't even really remember what she does in the story, and I've played through the whole game multiple times.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Got 96 Gear things from a clear of ELT, Trust Moogle goes for 30k/70k. Hahahah, Gumi, you are hilarious.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Ah, this week in Arena. No black magic. gently caress you too Gumi.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I pulled a Sazh, should I put him up as my friend leader for bonuses even though he's level 1?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Kuai posted:

Can you pull Lightning from this event? I'm assuming no as she isn't on the banner.

Nope, and she doesn't provide a bonus to drops for the event either.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm still sitting on a stack of stat pots, I'm reluctant to use them. I suppose I'm safe dumping all my ATK ones into Lightning, but I'm holding off putting my defensive ones on to Cecil because I have a WoL waiting in the wings.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

rabidsquid posted:

how many unit slots do you have, man you get like infinity billion stat pots a week

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
First TMR I have ground for finally at 100%, Excalibur. Lightning breaks 500 ATK. Time to start on Dual Cast.

Also Dual Wield at 100% through Trust Moogles, will probably go on CoD, or would Exdeath be a better option?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

rio posted:

Well, I just got a blue crystal on my half pull that reformed into gold and it is Refia. I have maxed out CoD, Elza and Faris and was working on maxing out Exdeath and Lenna...Lenna was just about done but I thought I'd ask, I should drop her like she's hot and start leveling Regis I assume? Like, is she that much better than Lenna that I should consider those resources wasted and start fresh with Refia?

Very yes. Refia is leagues better than Lenna.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

rio posted:

Ok, thanks for the advice. Sucks having leveled Lenna since she really do much for me in the time I've used her but oh well. Getting the awakening materials is going to stink to get her to five stars but I have most of there six star awakening mats so I just have to get over the 5 star hurdle.

You never know, Lenna could get a 6* awakening sometime in the future.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Daily pull was a Locke! I finally have a weapon for CoD to work toward. The trick is finding space to put him. I have two Dual Wields to work on after my current crop of TMR is harvested.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
1/2 off pull: Charlotte
Ticket 1: Charlotte
Ticket 2: Mercedes

OK then, time to kick Locke off the TM farm for awhile.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Hah, the "get 200 Trochoid gears" daily quest is still available even though the Hanging Edge no longer is.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Trilin posted:

All those tickets and basically nothing to show for it. My sadness is supreme right now.

Mercedes is good, Locke is good for farming rare items and has a good TMR, Arc has a good TMR, Xiao has a pretty good TMR.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
You guys are tempting me to do another 11-pull.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I really wish they'd be more regular about their maintenance days and times. I just refreshed my energy and it goes down for maintenance at 11:00 pm on a Tuesday.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

victrix posted:

Wouldn't Cerius be a better dualcast healer than Krile with 6* stats?

Doesn't learn/can't equip and healing spells except Cura from the cure staff or summon Carbuncle.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Did another 11 pull. Two more Mercedes, for a total of 4. What am I going to do with 4 Mercedes?

I got another Zidane in the pull so that's good at least.

Edit: Threw one more ticket at the thing afterwards... Chizuru!!!! Finally.

Mischalaniouse fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 23, 2016

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Don't Killers stack with each other?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I have 5 Zidanes now. I don't think I really need 5, since a healer is probably better off with a shield than holding 2 spirit rods.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Right now my game is stuck on "Connecting" endlessly after I click past the initial screen.

I've tried connecting on both my phone and Memu and it does the same thing on both platforms. I tried restoring the app data, rebooting my phone and computer and its still happening. Not sure what to do from here. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I really want Noctis so I did another 11 pull.

:fuckoff:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I need help deciding what to grind for my TMRs.

Currently my main team consists of Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, and Exdeath. Other notable 6*'s I have are Chizuru, Mercedes, and Bartz.

TMRs I have completed are:
Dual Wield
Lunge Combo
Lunge Combo
Excalibur
Black Cowl
Shield H Shield
Romandan Pistol (Soon, at 93% right now)

Notable TMRs I could farm:
Dual Wield x4
Mag +30% x(a lot)
Excalibur x4
Letters and Arms x7
Minerva Bustier
Dual Cast x5
Omnirod
Rising Sun
Blade Mastery x2
Viking Axe x4

My current TMR farm has Mercedes 2x, Chizuru, Zidane, Mustadio, none but Mustadio are higher than 10%, most just started. Should probably ditch the Mercedes for now for something like another Dual Wield or Dual Cast, or some caster stuff for Exdeath, but the high attack power of Viking Axe caught my eye.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Dias posted:

You probably want at least 5 Doublecasts before you start thinking about smushing them together, same goes for DW. Both can double the damage potential on certain units, and while DC loses out a bit of prestige because of Dual Black Magic on two base 3* units, it's still very useful on healers and supports. Refia loves it, Cecil loves it, it makes Tellah into a real solid flex unit...

I hear what you're saying, but I can't imagine ever needing 5 Dualcasts at the same time. Three at the very most seems sufficient.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Romandan Pistol done, time to start on a second Viking Axe, for now at least. I'm thinking of just putting all my Inguses (8) in a blender until 4 Letters and Arms pop out for Exdeath.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Last minute roll before the banner goes away yields a Noctis! Finally a second base 5*!

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Traverse posted:

Just started this game, somehow managed to scrape together the 5000 to try for Noodles.

Will the 5 Charlotte's I pulled instead be useful?

Charlotte's TMR is good for a healer, having a shield is nice. Otherwise, eh.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
How should I gear Noctis, all out ATK or balance ATK and MAG for the hybrid attacks?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
That's why I think they should give the Bard character Gilbert a 6* awakening and make him a hybrid damage character since all harps have attack and magic. Give him something like Harp Mastery: +30% ATK and MAG when equipped with a harp and give him a bunch of hybrid damage songs like Holy Song: Hybrid holy damage to the enemy with a chance to confuse, Fire Song: Hybrid fire damage with a chance to lower attack, etc etc.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

PaybackJack posted:

I would pay money to see her spending $100s trying to roll her own character off a banner.

I mean, if she plays regularly, she can afford to be the hugest of huge whales as a millionaire pop star.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
If you really want her, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got ta pull the banner harder.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Some of them have good trust masteries. Look for ones with Killer passives, Camoflague, the Sunbeam ability, and HP +10%

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Welp, just got Noel for my daily pull. That puts me at only missing half of the base 5* units as an entirely F2P player. :psyduck:

How exactly does he compare to Cecil? Mine's been stuck at 4* waiting for the burst pots from this even to come out, but now I'm kind of tempted to just focus on leveling WK Noel since my only other fully leveled tank is Demon Rain, and seems to be getting less useful as event and trial bosses put out more and more damage.

He's a good tank and can actually put out some damage. He doesn't have Curaja though.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Somewhere between an Ariana Tall and Ariana Venti, I expect.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I threw one ticket at it, got Anzelm. Yeah, I think I'll stick to daily half off rolls.

• Locked thread