Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tengames posted:

So the banner characters for this event are a elemental resistance buff caster against enemies who ignore elements and just cast instant death. a guy with draw attacks who will draw said instant death, a healer who can't revive people who die to said instant death, and a tank that casts ice and wind magic against an enemy with 80% resist to ice and wind magic. GJ gumi.

Having all three boxes target Medius with death is actually a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Either way the rankings are hilarious because there is no way that they are worth it given people already dropping like a hundred buckos on day 1 on energy refreshes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

The harder these nutbags work, the better rewards the rest of us get. If only this applied to getting some motherfucking characters of a 4 or 5 base through pulls.

Its exploitative as gently caress but the people that dont put money into it are also benefited by it so :shrug:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok game, 3 zidanes is enough I think. No seriously, i dont need more.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My healer cant even equip anything. And I dont think Id want my tank to equip two things even if hes using a winged guardian

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Why are people going all in this week? Shouldn't next week be more efficient? I guess it'd be worth it if you get near a breakpoint for rank but I doubt I'll go over the 12k points necessary for the moogle. At least in other farm events you could spend excess gears or whatever on mats or sell them.

Do we know if the rates are going up? Cause if they are I'll abandon this and start grinding my tms

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I ended up finally getting a rainbow crystal from a ticket on the Noctis banner. Five star Rydia. Great. What a savings. Merry Christmas.

But uh my luck being Noctis free on that banner despite about sixty tickets, seven daily pulls, and an eleven pull means I'm guaranteed a Orlandu right? That's how luck works?

I feel you bro. Lets share our delusions that THIS TIME will be the time we get a base 5*

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im taking these tickets and stuffing them under my bed. Its obvious nocits doesn't want anything to do with me

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fenrir posted:

gently caress that, burn tickets all day erryday.

Also, I'm insane :v:

After seeing your noctis personally, yes I agree. You are insane.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

Part of me feels the individual rewards for this raid are there to make us buy more unit slots.

Sure, I can free up space for 10 cactuars, but 20? 30? Yikes.

*A man in the gumi offices grins and nods*

Using your storymode crystals for more character slots is never a bad idea. Its a better idea than wasting it on a roll with the usual suspects. Plus whenever the dunes return, you'll be ready to horde them for when a new character comes out that you want

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So how exactly am i supposed to beat frosty? They take almost no damage from my 4 star duders...

With powerful friends :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

According to the schedule we should have Dark Fina next from 1/6 to 1/13, then see Orlandu 1/14 to 1/21. Something from 1/21-1/28. Starting on 1/28 I'm guessing we'll have a special Chinese New Year event, that's my speculation based on the Taiwanese/Singaporean/Chinese(?) interest in the game.

It's possible they insert something between Dark Fina and Orlandu. If I was in their shoes, I'd honestly wait until after CNY to do Orlandu so people could spend their red envelope on it(basically think of it like announcing something amazing the week before Christmas when everyone has to buy presents but doesn't have any holiday money yet).

I'm not saying they will do this, but we have quite a few skipped events they could shoe in alongside Global exclusive upgrades to buy time so I could definitely see them stalling for two weeks in the middle of January with a back to back Type-0 event with Ace (6), Jack (5), Seven (5), Trey (5) one week and Queen (6), Nine (6), Cinque (5), Eight (5) the next.

They should do a greatest hits version of a banner for the lunar new year given that it is the auspicious rooster/chocobo year. If they do orlandu and dark fina and they already have refia and noctis then you just need to get WoL to 6* between those banners to have a roster of best in class characters. Orlandu is the best physical attacker, Dark Fina is the best magician, Refia is one of the best healers outside of limited units, WoL is the best tank and noctis is the best jack of all trades.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dial-a-Dog posted:

If you can grind out two battles a minute (about the rate I get the TM macro from Reddit), with constant refilling, you're looking at around 3.5 days of grinding to fill a TM from 0 to 100. The exact lapis spend depends on your rank, but it's probably around 8-9000 to do that

Jesus christ

I honestly would be tempted to but with such a low rank it would be a massive waste. I wish refils gave you a base amount of energy to the people below a certain rank

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 27, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Me-"Ummm at this rate I'll be done with this even for the weekend. Then I can start grinding my TMs"
Gumi- "The dunes are coming, the dunes are coming!"
Me-"gently caress!"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

I see who you're trying to stash behind those ExDeaths!

:argh:

haha this is hilarious, I swear it was a gimped 3 man team at first

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Go RV! posted:

i know this is a few pages ago, but no one addressed it.

there is a base refill. in the bundles, theres a 60 nrg bundle for 100 lapis

Its once a day though. Gonna need a whole lot of them to get these tms cooked

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

So I see that we are getting a new frosty elite fight, but I don't understand what the point is? Are they adding on to the loot table for individual rewards? All I see is a new snowflake looking item that boosts ice and wind resistance for three turns. That sounds like a consumable. If you get one of those per clear, I guess I'll farm up five or so, but meh... :what:

Im guessing it has a higher point ratio as well as rank/nrg so that people can finish the event. This weekend everyones going to be in the dunes though

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Armitage posted:

I know I will, just awoken Exdeath to 6* and he is hungry for metal gigantaurs and max 4* units. Unfortunately I think my pulls have peaked at 4 Exdeaths and 2 Chizurus so I think I'm saving my lapis for TM farming :v:

Against my better judgement I burned two tickets on the noctis banner and got a chizuru as well so now im pretty set for a strong physical damage team. So I need a ton of gigantuars. Threw a wrench at my TM plans since now Im not going to bother gearing up my CoD till I get chorizo and mercedes geared.

And even when I get cheez fully leveled, Im going to need another 80+ giganuars for when WoL gets his 6*. Which is sooner rather than later

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

Oh hey, Nyx's abilities look beautiful:

Don't worry about the noise, it's just WoL crying to himself in a corner.

Nyx isnt a tank and WoL has the same ratio of breaks as nyx excepts his are aoes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Why does this dyer guy keep spending money on refreshes to run frosty right now? Does he gain anything? He has amost a 4/1 advantage, there is no way the 2nd place is going to catch up

e- Also after getting this loving gun for this event, its incredibly stupid that Medius didnt get dual guns. Even with dual guns he would still be less powerful than the other FFBE gunner unit because his skills still suck and he still has draw attacks.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 29, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MP up would be really good on units with refresh that burn through tons of mp per cast. I'm keeping my telaths just for my tilith. Because if you can get her over 500mp she will recover most of her mp each turn regardless of what she casts.

Also will a materia that grand double hand stack in global when your character already has double hand like for Garland? I smooshed my buttz together because having 3 dw already sort of limits the use of double hand but I might have kept another one if that was the case.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

Should I be dumping MPs up on Tilith in anticipation of future events?

Tiliths healing toolkit cannot be trumped because its raw 100% aoe healing and rezzing, she also has the highest threat reduction passive and pretty drat good support. The only thing her kit lacks is auto rezzing. And she does all of this without enhancements, so if she ever gets powercreeped they can bring her back up with those. You cannot go wrong with dumping mp on her. Id argue that dumping spr isnt needed though, because her heal bombs are 100% anyways

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Doesn't her MP restore scale off of SPR?

Her passive restore or the heal bomb with mp refresh attached? Her health+mp recover is flat. The only thing that has a mod is her curaja+esuna ability.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think the only samurais worth a drat are Chorizo and Laswell 6* anyways. People are using sakurafubuki + blade mastery on Lightning because its the best thing she has right now, but in the future she really needs a lightning based great sword because raw damage can only get you so far. You need to bypass the poo poo tons of armor mobs get.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vexrm posted:

So I did back of the envelope math to get a ballpark of how much Dyer, the whale in the lead of the raid, has spent. I know of no better way to check my math than post it publicly to be torn apart by goons.

Assumptions:
290 energy a day, all spent on Snowy.
Dyer is max rank and thus has 110 energy per refill
Did frosty offensive elite right from the get go

With these assumptions it looks like he spent a smidge over 10k lapis. I'm shocked by the risk/reward being shown there.

Edit: Wrong max rank and energy per refill. Oops. So UNDER 10k lapis. I feel people have this idea that he's spent way more and it's not worth chasing or they are using it on grinding TMs.

I think something is wrong with your math.

Assume that the dude had 900k point before lord frost the ultimate arrived. Total Points/points per run = total runs so 900k/160 = 5625 runs. Total Runs x Energy per run = total energy spent so 5625 * 20 = 112,500 energy spent total. Energy gained by time is negligible so Total Energy/ Energy per refresh = Amount of times refreshed so 112,500/135 = 833.33. And finally that * 100 = total lapiz spent, so Its over 83k lapis spent.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Captain Vittles posted:

Is there any point to getting more event points once I get the 12000 point Trust Moogle? I'd much rather spend my time farming cactaurs but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

You aren't missing anything. Once you get to 12k just do whatever it is you want to do.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im just saving cactuars for WoL 6*. I really should get a mage team up as well for events where chaining magic is the way to go but I'll hedge my bets on a physical team.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

Weren't we supposed to be getting a gift today?

Game hasn't refreshed yet. Wait till tomorrow probably

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They are probably going "drat why waste time on a year event when the lunar new years is right around the corner too :effort:?"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No joke here but the next global exclusive base 5* unit is going to be ariana grande

https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/815691898232848384

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 2, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

What the absolute hell?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvV7qMFAC7/?taken-by=arianagrande

It's a ...goth bunny valkyrie?

I know there were ideas thrown around of having western SE properties thrown in from Eidos games, but still... what?

Not a fan of the full face mask but

Dias posted:

I dunno about you guys but I'd pull for Ariana Grande.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maybe she wont be gacha and instead be a prize in an event like Yshtola and Minfilia ahahahaha yeah thats going to happen.

But seriously if we dont get the FFXIV event and Ariana is a healer/buffer then she would be a great substitute for not get either of the ffxiv units.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Palleon posted:

Turn into?

:thejoke:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That feeling to do a half off pull hoping to get something good thats not on the banner and you get female bediled.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Her name is going to be Ariana, she's going to have a unique weapon named grande and her job is going to be dangerous woman

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

My issue is that I don't like her, as an artist or a person. I figure Sqeenix went with her because she's a cheap celeb. And also affordable.

But ultimatly, if I somehow manage to get her instead of my umpteenth Krille or Charlotte, and she's a good unit, I'll use her. If not, she'll collect dust with the other units I don't use. It's gonna take something far dumber than adding her to get me to quit this game. I'll probably never quit... I'm too addicted... :negative:

I love this and it sort of proves that SE/Gumi were actually right about picking Grande for this because your typical late 20s early 30s video game neckbeard has never heard of her while the tween/teenager demographic that knows who she is probably never played a FF before.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Rem has a niche as Arena Queen mostly because she has an AoE Osmose. As far as raw damage-per-turn, Dark Fina is top of the mountain, which in turn makes her one of the few mages worth taking around outside of Arena, too.

Honestly, outside of Arena, consider Dark Fina an upgraded version of Exdeath and Rem an upgraded version of Krile.

Yeah if you are just looking at ra damage dark fina, trance terra and victoria are some of the hardest hitting mages.

Luka is an ok healer if you dont have refia, better than her if you dont have dualcast.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jan 3, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The biggest advantage with magician units is that they are self contained. They barely need gear to blow poo poo up and get you through all the games content. In contrast physical units need a whole lot more tms and enhancements to get where they are.

e- Honestly, if you have the gil for it and already have a pair Agriases (Agriaii?), then she can do just about as good a job as a single DW orlandu if you get her enhancements. The only issue is that she doesn't have the mp sustain or innate status resists that Orlandu has. In instead you get a tankier unit that can cover each other and other female units and have curaja.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 3, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Alternately, she has dual ability and has a passive that gives her +200% every stat, but only triggers when she casts thundaga blade and holy blade both of which she doesn't innately have.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Luka will probably rank in second to Refia on the healer list. She's lacking full raise and Refia's built immunity to most status effects, but otherwise is very solid. Like Refia, get her a dualcast and she becomes elite.

Edit: Actually, I just realized that dualcast may not work with her best heal, it's a special ability and not Curaja. That's going to be real disappointing if true.

It wont. Its exactly the same as Tilith.

She's a better healer than all of the none 6* healers right now and better than none dual casting santa roselia and refia, but she lags behind some of the stronger healers. Specially those that can make use of dual cast better, or the insane healing units like Tilith 6*s.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 4, 2017

• Locked thread