Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The general consensus on Reddit is to sell any galleon tins you get from the vault as that is what JP players did. However, most are afraid to actually do it "in case".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Nuebot posted:

Can you dual cast dual cast black magic?

No, dual cast only works with magic, and is really kind of useless on ExDeath since his only other things worth dual casting are abilities.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

The general consensus on Reddit is to sell any galleon tins you get from the vault as that is what JP players did. However, most are afraid to actually do it "in case".

That's good advice, I'm still sitting on my 200 Excalipoors waiting for those to pay off but I'm sure it's coming!

[/sarcasm]

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

That's good advice, I'm still sitting on my 200 Excalipoors waiting for those to pay off but I'm sure it's coming!

[/sarcasm]

poo poo, I think I'm still sitting on those as well.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Me-"Ummm at this rate I'll be done with this even for the weekend. Then I can start grinding my TMs"
Gumi- "The dunes are coming, the dunes are coming!"
Me-"gently caress!"

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
1/2 pull = Charolette
Burn a ticket on Noctis banner....FIRST EVER RAINBOW... Gaffgarion.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CyberLord XP posted:

1/2 pull = Charolette
Burn a ticket on Noctis banner....FIRST EVER RAINBOW... Gaffgarion.

What up, Rainbow Gaff on the Noctis banner buddy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Daily pull was a goldyellow Snow. That's cool, I like Snow as a character and didn't have one before.

Since it was a blue -> gold, I decided to press my luck and spend the tickets from the daily Festive Bundle, one each on the Holliday and Noctis banners.

I'm convinced that the RNG has a time component, it could explain the ludicrous streaks people have sometimes with 11-pulls, etc. I personally drew a half-price Lightning and then (after bragging to all the Goons) immediately drew another with a ticket on the Lightning banner. I've had terrible luck days too. Going forward, I think I may only do consecutive pulls when the first is promising.

Anyway:

Holliday banner: 3* Medius.
Noctis banner: 4* Mercedes.

That'll do, game. That'll do.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do you have so many character slots... I still have 50

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Once you really start playing this game everything under 300 isnt going to cut it. I have 170 Cactuars alone and I only have 350 slots. Thinking about maxing them already.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I really want Noctis so I did another 11 pull.

:fuckoff:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Mischalaniouse posted:

I really want Noctis so I did another 11 pull.

:fuckoff:

Do another one. You know you want to. :shepspends:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Vax posted:

Once you really start playing this game everything under 300 isnt going to cut it. I have 170 Cactuars alone and I only have 350 slots. Thinking about maxing them already.

I think I'm fine with 200 total. I'm keeping around 170 so I have room for those cactuar bundles they throw at us like with this event.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

While you're budgeting unit slots, don't forget that on 1/9 we get the group rewards for the raid and that's another 22 pots coming. But the good news is that they are in groups of 5.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I see who you're trying to stash behind those ExDeaths!

:argh:

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
First I hope everyone here had a good-awesome holiday weekend. Now I need some help building my espers now that I'm staring to get them to their second tier. Also I was wondering what stat do Noct's abilities take from. Should I be building ATK or MAG on him?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

I see who you're trying to stash behind those ExDeaths!

haha this is hilarious, I swear it was a gimped 3 man team at first

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

haha this is hilarious, I swear it was a gimped 3 man team at first

I won the first turn and was able to osmose one of those bitches. It took me 2 mins of mashing my thumb on the screen to get the fucker targetted. The other rear end in a top hat blizzard flasked me and then I wiped.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Well, if you bitch loudly enough, I guess someone answers.

It isn't Noct, like I really wanted. But my first base 5* is still a big relief.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SereneCrimson posted:

It isn't Noct, like I really wanted. But my first base 5* is still a big relief.

That's a REALLY good pull.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That is one of the best 11 pulls I've seen posted lately outside of the dude who got 2 noctises (noctii?) in one pull. Not a bad unit in there.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

SereneCrimson posted:

Hi5 my Luneth-off-banner-pull buddy :hf:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Got my last individual snow raid reward and I'm done. Don't care what my ranking turns out to be, it's not worth grinding for an extra summon ticket or two, I'd rather spend time mission grinding for Lapis.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Looks like my persistence drawing on the Noctus banner with all these summon tickets from gifts and lapis bundles has paid off.

That's a nice belated Christmas present. Only my second rainbow, second base 5*. As it was breaking I was certain it would be a troll rainbow, and my condolences to those who've received them, that must be a serious letdown.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Apparently I have triggered people in the discord by saying I am going to smush my three Chizuru together. :v:

But honestly I can't macro and even if I feed her every single moogle we get from this point forward I wouldn't get Blade Mastery until sometime next summer. I'd kinda like one before then.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Apparently I have triggered people in the discord by saying I am going to smush my three Chizuru together. :v:

But honestly I can't macro and even if I feed her every single moogle we get from this point forward I wouldn't get Blade Mastery until sometime next summer. I'd kinda like one before then.

You might as well do this:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

You mean you're going to grind them up to 30% then smush right? If you're just going to toss them all together for the 5% then that's dumb. Personally I'd go for 47.5% + 47.5% and keep one for the long haul but I don't know what units you're working with.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh no I didn't mean right, now, they're all in my TM grinding party. The idea of keeping one and just putting together two at 47.5% is tempting too, I might do that, since I have 2 Lightnings and a Luneth and all three of them would love to have Blade Mastery. I just can't grind out three Chizurus manually. That would drive me mad.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How many blade masteries do you really need anyway?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
Tilith sighed as she drew her katana

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh no I didn't mean right, now, they're all in my TM grinding party. The idea of keeping one and just putting together two at 47.5% is tempting too, I might do that, since I have 2 Lightnings and a Luneth and all three of them would love to have Blade Mastery. I just can't grind out three Chizurus manually. That would drive me mad.

One thing to consider is that if you aren't TM grinding then you'll lack the good katanas to make having blade mastery worthwhile.

Murasame and Chijiraiden are fine but you'd be better off grinding a TM weapon instead of a third BM.

Doing some quick math, which I'm sure I'm doing wrong says to me

Blade Mastery for a 150 ATK unit = 75 Atk
Osfune = 35 Atk
=
110 ATK

Excalibur = 120 ATK
Atk 10% for a 150 ATK unit = 15 ATK
=
135 ATK

So unless you've got a Miyuki also in the works, there isn't currently enough Katana support to justify a third BM.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

# of Mikyuki you have + 2 - 1 if you didn't get Chijiraiden.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 27, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah I do have a Miyuki, she's on the backburner for now since I'm doing the TMs of characters I have multiples of first, plus I do have Chiri and Murasame works okay in a pinch.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

225 slots in FFBE, which will eventually look like my 650 slot BF account I'm sure.

PaybackJack posted:

You're forgetting the Genji Blade from the (eventual) Gilgamesh vortex fight. :eng101:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

So unless you've got a Miyuki also in the works, there isn't currently enough Katana support to justify a third BM.

I had Chipotle for lunch and was able to justify a third BM.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

You're forgetting the Genji Blade from the (eventual) Gilgamesh vortex fight. :eng101:

Can't forget what I didn't know existed. And I said "currently."

Cartoon Man posted:

I had Chipotle for lunch and was able to justify a third BM.

I'll bet you were able to grind that one out pretty quick though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

Vault of hidden treasures is open. Assemble the silver monkey statue in the correct order and you can proceed into the throne room.

Stop trying to jam the head on sideways, you stupid kids, didn't you learn anatomy? :rant:

Did a bunch of pulls trying to hail mary for Noctis. Didn't even get a Chizuru or Mercedes. Got four Charlottes, though. :shepspends:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Jesus christ

I honestly would be tempted to but with such a low rank it would be a massive waste. I wish refils gave you a base amount of energy to the people below a certain rank

i know this is a few pages ago, but no one addressed it.

there is a base refill. in the bundles, theres a 60 nrg bundle for 100 lapis

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

PaybackJack posted:

One thing to consider is that if you aren't TM grinding then you'll lack the good katanas to make having blade mastery worthwhile.

Murasame and Chijiraiden are fine but you'd be better off grinding a TM weapon instead of a third BM.

Doing some quick math, which I'm sure I'm doing wrong says to me

Blade Mastery for a 150 ATK unit = 75 Atk
Osfune = 35 Atk
=
110 ATK

Excalibur = 120 ATK
Atk 10% for a 150 ATK unit = 15 ATK
=
135 ATK

Osafune is 42 ATK, not 35 (that's the wind katana), but other than that your math looks right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Go RV! posted:

i know this is a few pages ago, but no one addressed it.

there is a base refill. in the bundles, theres a 60 nrg bundle for 100 lapis

Its once a day though. Gonna need a whole lot of them to get these tms cooked

• Locked thread