Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In general: Don't buy Bundles. If there's a good one, some goon will post about it in the thread. IIRC, it's happened all of once in the thread, twice if you count the Head Start bundle duing soft launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I got :bediled: in the Arena today.

Bedile as leader? Sure! Why not?

Well, that's an easy win!

Let's do it again!

Umm... that's not what was advertised...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

Your excess energy is triggering me so hard

It used to be at the cap. :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Free Ticket > Gold Crystal > 4* Shantoto. At least it wasn't Gilgamesh.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Meant to do a Daily Pull. Not paying attention, I pulled on Exdeath's banner instead. Got 3* Exdeath. Did a Daily, got Anzelm. Balance.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, looking at the 13 announcement, Snow can counter Physical and Magic attacks. Vanille has Focus and Cheer. And Sazh? They still haven't fixed his TM Reward. It's still a loving d10. :gumi:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PopeCrunch posted:

Wait so hold the gently caress up I literally can't awaken CoD without some bullshit i need candy corn / karma / jars of ape cum / whatever in order to get?

Apparently I can gently caress myself.

Yeah, if you're not willing to mindlessly grind horrible events to get the stupid event currency to exchange, you won't be going past 5*. It's such a lovely way to do it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd gladly trade a couple of my Kefkas or Kriles for a WOL and/or Cecil. :smith:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily Reward: Free Summon Ticket.
Throw At: Gilgamesh Banner.
Rainbow Crystal: Gilgamesh Get.

There goes all my luck for the rest of the month, if not all of January, too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Go update your app for that sweet, sweet Christmas icon!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This game. :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This is starting to remind me of Gazillion. Maintencene switch flipper must be on vacation. :gaz:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Half Price: Rahshasa.
4 Tickets: Sazh, Fang, Fang, Miyuki.

Also, I can't wait until my boy Olan Orran makes it in!

Of course, odds will be so stacked against me getting him, and even if I do, he's a 6-er, so I'll probably never get him post 5... But I don't care!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

250 Lapis = Krillfish Number I lost count, but she's at 51% Trust now, and I have 4 more Korilla (Seriously? WTF kind of name is this poo poo? I have no idea how to say it.)

PaybackJack posted:

Sazh is a full breaker(at 5*80) if you want to spent the 30~ Giant Cacutuars to max him out. :suicide:

I would have been all happy that I pulled him yesterday if not for the fact that I already have Ingus. Just gotta level him to get Full Break...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Threw today's free ticket at Lighting. She threw 3* Firion at me. :geno:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Half Price: Charlotte.
Free Ticket: Charlotte.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This loving game. Got an Exdeath about 3 banners back. Ain't got poo poo since. I got a BCLid during the Halloween event, but nothing this event.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dias posted:

Yeah, but Orlandu is cool and Onion Knight is named after a fuckin' onion.

Becuase, like an onion, the Onion Knight has many layers...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Did a half, got Santa Roselia. Should I keep Lenna as my Healer, or swap her out for Santa Roselia?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Goon concensus is Cecil then Exdeath.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Did the last half price pull for 2016, got 3* Exdeath.

Also:

Kheldarn posted:

Did a half, got Santa Roselia. Should I keep Lenna as my Healer, or swap her out for Santa Roselia?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mrit SA posted:

Do you have access to another version of Cheer? If not, I'd stick with Lenna.

My Cheer-havers are Fina, Lenna, and Vanille. What are the other versions of Cheer? Exvius Wiki doesn't list Abilities, just Ability Materia (you have to know the name of the Ability to see the entry for it).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Of course. The one place I didn't look. Thank you!

Looks like I'll be sticking with Lenna.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hope this is a Japan Exclusive, and we never get this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Go RV! posted:

lol if you don't think we're already getting a KH banner when the next game of that comes out

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue comes out on 1/24.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My issue is that I don't like her, as an artist or a person. I figure Sqeenix went with her because she's a cheap celeb. And also affordable.

But ultimatly, if I somehow manage to get her instead of my umpteenth Krille or Charlotte, and she's a good unit, I'll use her. If not, she'll collect dust with the other units I don't use. It's gonna take something far dumber than adding her to get me to quit this game. I'll probably never quit... I'm too addicted... :negative:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I figure I'll end up with as many Dark Finas as I ended up with WOLs, Cecils, Lightnings, Refias, and Noctis': 0.

On the other hand, my list of 6* capable units is: Bartz, Cerius, CoD, Exdeath, Gilgamesh, and Santa Roselia. Not that I have any at 6*. And I have 5x Kefka, 5x Shantoto, 5x Krille, and 2x Exdeath...? :shrug:

Cartoon Man posted:

Anybody know where Ariana Grande fits on this chart?

http://rizer.tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ff-info-rev2.jpg

Saw this on Reddit, thought it was pretty cool to share.

Pretty neat. I only see one thing wrong: They went with Final Fantasy as the name because they wanted a game that could be abbreviateed FF. Square has debunked the myth that it was thought to be their final game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

99.9% of time its dualwield.

Unless you're playing the JP version, because you can stack them there, right?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Threw my free ticket from logging in today at the Dark Fina banner. As expected, got a blue crystal in return. It held a 3* Cecil. I'll take it!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Getting this event sucks because it means Orlandu's probably going to be that much further away.

Orlandu is this games Mickey & Brooms. Not happening any time soon.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, the RNG has finally blessed me with some good Units... I think...

Here are the 6* Units I have (though none are at 6*...)
Bartz
Cecil
Cerius
Cloud Of Darkness
Exdeath
Gilgamesh
Medius
Refia
Santa Roselia

I also have the following 5* Units
Alma
Artemios
Black Cat Lid
Celes
Charlotte
Duane
Elle
Fang
Faris
Fencer
Fina
Firion
Freya
Galuf
Garland
Garnet
Golbez
Hayate
Ingus
Kain
Kefka
Krile
Kuja
Lasswell
Lenna
Leo
Locke
Ludmille
Miyuki
Mustadio
Rain
Rydia
Sazh
Terra
Tellah
Trey
Vanille
Xiao
Zidane

Which 5 should become my team? Note that I'm not doing any TM Grinding, nor do I have any of the Murderface Gear (so no Enhancer, Twin Lance, etc.). I'm also not a player who hoards Cactuars, nor grinds out Event Currency, so I might be able to grab the Materials from this event to get 1 or 2 of my 6* Units to 6*, eventually. ADV is the best I can do, so I won't be rolling in the Currency.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CyberLord XP posted:

Cecil
Cloud Of Darkness
Exdeath
Gilgamesh
Refia

Would level Bartz as well for the synergy with Refia.

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: ^^ :argh:

That's your 5. Put moogles in to getting Gilgamesh's genji glove for dual wield if you don't want to TM grind him, Zidane, and others.

Thanks! Now for the next question: What order should I slowly get them to 6* in?

Bonus Question: Should I drop someone for Rain, since his 6* is coming?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

Why? You can't DW harps, and her unique mic is better anyway. I ASSUME it also counts as an instrument for the purposes of the TM, otherwise that's dumb

Are you familiar with Gumi? Because I can totally see them screwing up and not making it count...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder how many of you are going to ragequit when Orlandu is released, and he's nerfed to gently caress and back...?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Why would they nerf Doublehand? Becuase it's Gumi. I just get the feeling that if Orlandu ever comes, he's gonna be nerfed hard.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ugh. Got Bedile yesterday. Hayate today. Two days ago, Gold gave me Gaffgarion. I just want a Chocobro Noctics, or Yun. :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Hayate (Black Cowel) and Gaff (bracer) are both critical TM pulls for ATK maxing.

I already have Hayate. As a matter of fact, this was #4, because his TM is at 20% now.

But I don't care about TM farming right now. I just want Noct.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unoriginal One posted:

I find myself tempted to start shoving cactuars into Yun just so I can help goons live out their Chocobro dreams

What's that got to do with Noct?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Freebie: Gold: 4* Rosa.
Yun Banner: Blue: Gold: 4* Firion.

Fukkin' RNG. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dark Knight Cecil 5*
Celes 3*