Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cry Havoc posted:

you get rewards based on ranking

it's in one of the news items

Unfortunately you're really just fighting over summon tickets since you'll have to whale to get anything better than that. See where you are when the end of the event draws near and then if it's worth spending 100-200 Lapis in refills to get into the next rank do that. If you're spending 1000 lapis on refills just to get 2 more tickets then don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PaybackJack posted:

Unfortunately you're really just fighting over summon tickets since you'll have to whale to get anything better than that. See where you are when the end of the event draws near and then if it's worth spending 100-200 Lapis in refills to get into the next rank do that. If you're spending 1000 lapis on refills just to get 2 more tickets then don't bother.

Unless you've been poopsocking from the start I don't think there's any real hope of getting into the top tiers anymore.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm aiming for sub 50k for the two tickets

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Trolled as hell on Cactuar Dunes. It's like the game knows I have an exp egg and 5 medius I'm waiting to TM grind out for a second.

This last run I had 2 normal metal cactuar and 1 gigantuar and neither of the first two dropped into crystals, leaving me with only the gigantuar. I didn't even know that could freaking happen.

I've gotten 7 regular cacutaurs, and 14 Gigantuars over 10 runs.

Combined with my runs last night, I'm definitely averaging less than 2 Gigantuars a run.So overall I'm still getting barely ahead of what I would get running the vortex but not by much, and would probably be behind if I had that second egg.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just cleared off some inactive goons, 10 slots open at 103 135 071

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im just saving cactuars for WoL 6*. I really should get a mage team up as well for events where chaining magic is the way to go but I'll hedge my bets on a physical team.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't get arena sometimes. I face the same team back to back and do the same attacks/spells and sometimes a dude I killed the first time ends the turn with 1/2 health or more the 2nd time. It's like it randomized resistances or something.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I don't get arena sometimes. I face the same team back to back and do the same attacks/spells and sometimes a dude I killed the first time ends the turn with 1/2 health or more the 2nd time. It's like it randomized resistances or something.

Damage is randomized slightly. Magic within a range of 90-110% and Physical damage based upon the weapon type.

Edit: 50% or more hp difference sounds like someone's covering though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There won't be any secret additional awards? I hope not.

Any additional rewards would be announced through a news piece or something to that effect since people wouldn't aim for it otherwise.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

AegisP posted:

Damage is randomized slightly. Magic within a range of 90-110% and Physical damage based upon the weapon type.

Edit: 50% or more hp difference sounds like someone's covering though.

Or you're chaining on one go and not the other. Or using Barrage?

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Any reason to keep TMed units you'll never have a use for? They don't seem to even add 5% to the same one. Should I just sell 'em? Feed them to someone?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LizardBeam posted:

Any reason to keep TMed units you'll never have a use for? They don't seem to even add 5% to the same one. Should I just sell 'em? Feed them to someone?

Sell if you need gil, feed if you need XP. Assuming it's not a unit worth keeping in its own right, like Cecil.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Did the last half price pull for 2016, got 3* Exdeath.

Also:

Kheldarn posted:

Did a half, got Santa Roselia. Should I keep Lenna as my Healer, or swap her out for Santa Roselia?

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

Did the last half price pull for 2016, got 3* Exdeath.

Also:

Do you have access to another version of Cheer? If not, I'd stick with Lenna.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

PDQ Law posted:

If you're using Android then you can use the Helium app off the Google Play store to back up Brave Exvius on your tablet, then copy that backup into Memu and install Helium there to restore it. I recently did that and it worked from my non-rooted phone.

The only difficulty I had was that my computer didn't see the backup folder made by Helium on my phone, but I got around that by making a zip file of the backup folder using my phone's file browser, which could be copied by my computer.

I bought the premium version since it's just a couple of quid (support the devs and so on) and after a bit of faffing about I got it copied over to the PC. Getting the script running in Memu was really easy too so I now have my TM team farming away in the Earth Shrine. Ta again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Weren't we supposed to be getting a gift today?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

Game hasn't refreshed yet. Wait till tomorrow probably

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
No way in hell im spending any gifted tickets on this crap banner.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

No way in hell im spending any gifted tickets on this crap banner.

Same. I got Santa Roselia on my 2nd daily pull and haven't daily pulled since.
I suggest that unless the average player here has no Refia/Lenna and is desperate for a healer, to not bother pulling.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

HGH posted:

Seeing what Japan gets ONE CAN ONLY HOPE :argh:

New Year Bundle

Quoth the reddit
Banner: http://i.imgur.com/4Wq5HaL.png
Cost: 5,000 Lapis
Content:

1x 4☆ Summoning Ticket
10x Summoning Tickets
1x 10% Trust Moogle
ローエングリン [Sword] +109 ATK +37 MAG
+30% ATK/MAG [Materia]

Tip: 100% worth, buy asap.
New Year Campaign (Source)

1/1 ~ 1/9 23:59 JST

1,000 Lapis from first Login
Daily 1x Free Pull
Daily Hidden Treasure

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They made guaranteed 4* tickets? Yeesh.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mrit SA posted:

Do you have access to another version of Cheer? If not, I'd stick with Lenna.

My Cheer-havers are Fina, Lenna, and Vanille. What are the other versions of Cheer? Exvius Wiki doesn't list Abilities, just Ability Materia (you have to know the name of the Ability to see the entry for it).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, they've had 4* tickets for a while there. During the re-rolling bonanza with all the free stuff from the anniversary a while back, you got one.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
drat that's a really good deal. Hope global gets something close to that.
Especially daily free pulls. Even if it's just the Xmas units banner, I'd be happy.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Kheldarn posted:

My Cheer-havers are Fina, Lenna, and Vanille. What are the other versions of Cheer? Exvius Wiki doesn't list Abilities, just Ability Materia (you have to know the name of the Ability to see the entry for it).

https://exviuswiki.com/Special_Abilities_(Active) (it's under the Other menu)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Seeing what Japan gets ONE CAN ONLY HOPE :argh:

New Year Bundle

Quoth the reddit
Banner: http://i.imgur.com/4Wq5HaL.png
Content:

1x 4☆ Summoning Ticket
10x Summoning Tickets
1x 10% Trust Moogle
ローエングリン [Sword] +109 ATK +37 MAG
+30% ATK/MAG [Materia]

Tip: 100% worth, buy asap.
New Year Campaign (Source)

1/1 ~ 1/9 23:59 JST

1,000 Lapis from first Login
Daily 1x Free Pull
Daily Hidden Treasure

My prediction for the Global version:

Content:

1x Summoning Ticket
10x Arena Summoning Tickets
1x 5% Trust Moogle
1x Broadsword
1x 10% atk or mag materia (chosen randomly)

Nothing about Gumi's global operation of FFBE gives any reason to expect that bundle or anything close to as amazing. One can dream, though.

Traverse
Oct 13, 2012

Cat Pilot posted:

Join the discord so we can tell you how to reroll new guy. Also your SoM avatar already has you fans who wa t to shower you with praise over your good tastes

This is what I get for not checking the thread frequently, whoops. Joined under the same username!

And I wish I could take credit for the avatar, but I only picked it (and the game) up after Mega64 did an cool LP of it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

5 Free summon tickets for a gift.

No special bundles for sale.

Also no New Year's login campaign.

gently caress this company.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 1, 2017

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Maybe it's still coming? :shepspends:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

PaybackJack posted:

5 Free summon tickets for a gift.

No special bundles for sale.

Also no New Year's login campaign.

gently caress this company.

I was seeing a pretty dope new years login campaign chock full of lapis and tickets. Can't look at the calendar thing again though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I was seeing a pretty dope new years login campaign chock full of lapis and tickets. Can't look at the calendar thing again though.

yeah i was looking for the calendar button the other day because i couldnt remember if i had gotten my login reward and its just gone now because of the event button i guess? rip

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I mean, we still have the Daily Hidden Treasures run. That hasn't gone anywhere.

We're just missing out on our daily :10bux: and freebie summon.

Which I'm not surprised about.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
January Rewards are pretty cool at least

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I think it was 3 days of 100 lapis, 5(?) arena tickets, a summon ticket, cycled 9 times, then a moogle, then 3 days of 100 lapis.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

jetz0r posted:

I think it was 3 days of 100 lapis, 5(?) arena tickets, a summon ticket, cycled 9 times, then a moogle, then 3 days of 100 lapis.

10 arena tickets, so 90 overall.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vax posted:

Maybe it's still coming? :shepspends:

Given their track record of this stuff so far, I wouldn't be surprised if we got our new years event a day or two late yeah. Or when frosty ends.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They are probably going "drat why waste time on a year event when the lunar new years is right around the corner too :effort:?"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
9 summon tickets, 90 arena tickets, 900 lapis and a little TM is okay.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Love that feeling you get when you fuse a single minitaur and get amazing success to proc.

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Cartoon Man posted:

Love that feeling you get when you fuse a single minitaur and get amazing success to proc.

:argh:

Heh, I got my first ever amazing progress yesterday fusing 5 gigantaurs with Cecil. Kinda nifty since that got her to L98 so no hate here ;)

• Locked thread