Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I think the worst part of not getting an orlandeau today for me is just that I'm missing out on the 100% bonus from him in the event. This is my first event that I'm playing for the whole thing, and there are lots of things I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My dilemma right now is do I spend my energy on event runs, or do story missions to keep bringing in the lapis in hopes of doing another 10+1 pull during this banner.

I guess the event has the potential to be able to get even more through rare summon tickets though.

Finally have a 6* cup noodles thanks to the event, who is back up to level 57 through dumping 16 metal gigantaurs onto him so far today.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

"I pulled two Orlandeaus! I'm so lucky!"
Pft, weak. Check this out.

2 motherfucking Shadows, aw yeah.
I wish that was me. But eh, I'll live.

So, statistics wise, this is like... landing heads three times in a row on 0.50% odds?

I hate you.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

NinjaDebugger posted:

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

Giving the invincible Lightning a run right now! After her first limit I think I see a tiny speck of black on his health!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

Just used your TG, thanks!

I don't believe I mentioned how much I hate these King Mog events this event, so I'll do that now.

Even with +325% currency a run, I get just under 1k event currency, it will still take a hundred runs to get everything I want from the shop. Bleh!

Every so often you will run into chocobos which will speed it up a ton.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
This Lightning thing is amusing. Ifrit is down about 1/3 of his life. I needed time to regain energy and orbs for stuff anyways.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Is it possible to make Orlandeau immune to confusion? I'm getting rather annoyed at borrowed TG Cids getting confused by the boss in ELT and loving me over. This latest one was on a chocobo spawn run too.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. My friend list now seems to be full of Orlandeaus instead of Noctiss. Guess I won't be getting Y'shtola.

Also, I've pulled Ovelia and Cirque du Soliel. Either any good?

What do you have to work with? This is for PRO, and I haven't tested it yet, but I'd imagine if you can imperil ifrit and then something to help make sure orlandeau doesn't die first turn, 2 turns of his level 100 ability will probably kill ifrit.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Tried a second 10+1 and still no Orlandeau. A 2nd Lawrence and Solei, my first Leon, and a third chizuru.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
How should I prioritize the event stuff? Should I gather the awakening materials for getting my team to 6*, or should I aim for the weapons first?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And another 13 energy wasted because a companion orlandeau got confused by the final boss and then killed Y'shtola before I could esuna him.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm running 2 soleils, 1 Lawrence, Y'shtola, and my Noctis. The friend orlandeau is usually just short of killing him with a single divine retribution after being buffed with Link from Noctis.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The final boss of the event does seem to resist paralyze, so fire flask doesn't always work, but it does help a bit. I've dumped Y'shtola from the party and now have 2 soleils and 2 Lawrences with my Noctis and a friend Cid.

It is kind of amusing that at this point the thing I want most out of ifrit coins is thancreds. I could still use a few more of his TMRs.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 25, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I will say that this event has already done wonders for my main team. Noctis and Chizuru awakened to 6* and are back in their 50s-60s, exdeath and Y'shtola are max level 5* while I finish getting enough rest orbs for their awakening, just leaving Cecil at 5* for now. Hopefully eventually get the holy sword for Noct and the katana for Chizuru to boost their attack a bit since their are using crappy weapons currently.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I now have a party of 4 people at 6*(Noctis, Chizuru, exdeath, Y'shtola) and a single 5*. Not bad considering I've played the game less than a month and not spent any money on it. My equipment rather sucks and my only TMRs are from the ifrit event.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
At this point I'm just selling most of the ifrit coins I get, as it turns out they bring in a good amount of money.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Those of us who don't have our own Cid, however, need to cast it every fight(unless chocobos show up, then Noctis takes care of them through some judicious fire flasking).

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Grabbed all the rare summon tickets from the event below 6k in cost. Still no Cid, up to my 6th Soleil. I did get an Agrias at least!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

I see here that he has a good Wind/Ice AoE for Arenas?

I love Noctis in arena. Fire flask just fucks up the other team so badly. I do not look forward to when it is prohibited by some limitation :(

Its kind of funny, everyone says to reroll if you don't get a 5* base to start with, but I was too lazy to and now I have a pretty good team thanks to a little bit of luck. My main limitation right now is a lack of good equipment.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm up to 3 zidanes, but since I don't macro TM farm not sure that really means much. Even if having those dual wields would be nice.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Equip a bunch of Lullabys on your carry units and put all the chocobos to sleep so you can pick them off one-by-one.

I pulled Mustadio #8 today. I want to get off Mustadio's Wild Ride. :negative:

I'm bringing Noctis along with 4 carry units(and a friend Cid) so I just Fire Flask them. Occationally one will come out of it without a debilitating ailment, but on average it seems that one usually die to petrify, another will get paralyzed, and the last is either asleep, silenced, or confused.

Now if only the chocobos would actually show up again for me. Didn't get a single Chocobo group yesterday, and not yet today either.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KDdidit posted:

Aww man, they fixed it so you can't use meteor in Arena

That blows, but as long as I can Fire Flask I should be OK.

My current haul from the FFT event:
Enough awakening mats to get all 5 of the people in my main party to 6*(Cecil, Noctis, Chizuru, Exdeath, Y'sholta)
The katana and mini-excalibur.
All Metal Gigantaurs

Next will be the fat chocobo quartz thingies, then the trust moogles.

Overall this event has skyrocketed the power of my party. If I got an Orlandeau I would probably be set for a very long time, but no luck on that front.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I look forward to throwing that dagger on Noctis for some double flasking.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

That was my first thought thought. I feel so sorry for him!

Noctis has been my only 5* other than Y'Shtola so far(who I got 6 of over the course of the event, including the free one).

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Xon is awesome for this event because of Waylay, mugging from all enemies at once is way better than doing it one at a time with Locke. Hope lots of goon-friends switch over to him as their companion.

And gently caress Gumi for the return of event-character specific moogles.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Voodoo posted:

The equipment loop for this event is annoyingly roundabout.

World Map locations for metal eggs. Metals summon red/blue/rainbow eggs. Trade Rainbow eggs for recipes. Red/blue craft Chocolate/Great eggs. Chocolate/Great+Rainbow craft Magical/Radiant eggs. Then recipes are a combination of the crafted items and various eggs.

So the Second Knife ultimately costs something like 60 rainbow eggs and ~600 red/blue eggs.

Which lets be honest, that isn't really that much. So far this morning alone I've gotten over a dozen rainbow eggs.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Had no tickets and very little lapis going into this. Did my half price summon and then just ground away at story missions. Up to 2500 lapis, half way to a 11 summon to try and get something useful, whee.

I'm sure I will end with 11 Bediles.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

Holy Christ the gil needed to craft this poo poo

I only have 600k...

Yeah, I am honestly not sure what to do about that. I should have continued to run ifrit as much as possible to sell coins

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I'm trying to figure this even out but where do i get rainbow eggs? Do they drop like metal eggs but are just super rare?

Metal eggs are used to do the Egg Summon, which in turn drops rainbow, blue, and red eggs in addition to stuff like gil turtles and metal cactuars.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Thank you, so I've just been unlucky drop-wise.

On a 5000 metal egg summon I typically get 1-5 rainbow eggs.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Daily log in reward ticket: gold, maybe Xon!...Soliel.
Daily half price pull: another gold, let's hope this time!...Nine.

Well trolled game, well trolled.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Well, with what will probably be my only 11 pull this event I did get a Xon, so yay for that. Also got an Aiden, but meh. No rainbow though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Got Xon up to max level 4*, but I lack the Lucky Seedlings and Fury Seeds to awaken him. Bleh. I can't afford the energy to grind chamber of awakening pro while this event is going on...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

Christ, is there anyone left in this thread who has BAD luck on pulls?

In the month or so I've played I've only gotten a single rainbow, excluding Y'shtola who I got like 10 of throughout the course of the Ifrit event. Of course that single rainbow was Noctis, so he has been able to carry me quite well.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dockworker posted:

Ugh, why is everyone's friend unit a Xon? I need overpowered orlandeaus to explode fina's psyche!

(Yeah, I know magic library is technically more energy efficient, but I'd prefer to keep my sanity intact.)

I wanted lots of friend Xons. Now that I have my own Xon I want everyone to go back to their normal OP characters. I'm just selfish like that!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
What is the best way of handling keeping Xon's MP up while exploration grinding eggs? I don't want to keep dumping ethers down him...Debating whether it is worth the time to get the materials for Osmose Blade.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So, now that I've completed the story up to this point, my only real sources of lapis are going back and clearing out stars I missed, the daily 50 from arena, sign in bonuses, and the first round of each arena rank, right?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I lean so hard on my single rainbow (Noctis). I mean, I could probably get by without him, but he makes everything so much easier.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay, for real, how do Enhancements work?

Are they available at any time, like Awakening, as long as you have the materials, or are they like time-limited Mog shop items?

My understanding is they are always available, but require specific mats and a ton of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Whee, made my first macro, for farming Snow Plains. Go me!

• Locked thread