Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MrLonghair posted:

Why would they not have Lightning for a bonus earner. FF13 is her game goddamnit.

I know, right? I have 2 Lightnings, too.

I got a Sazh on my half-price pull though, 634,188,307, please be goony.

Maybe they will add Lightning next week.

I'd like to get Snow because I like that dude, but I'm not gonna whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Winged Saint is a very good fist weapon, very tanky. +56 ATK, +44 DEF.

The Morale Talisman is a good accessory! It gives +10 ATK, and casts Auto-Bravery in battle, which means an additional +20% ATK. Better than a Hero's Ring, slightly easier to get a hold of. I would at least try for this one and maybe tickets.

Attacker is a Hero's Ring materia, and Defender is the same but for SPR and DEF.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

attacker and defender would be cooler if they worked on non ffxiii characters :v:

They seem to work just fine on Lightning.

:getin:

LizardBeam posted:

Does the Bravery from auto-brave stack with Cheer, or other skills like it?

Probably not, but it starts you off in a consistently better state.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Morale Talisman is a garbage accessory. You should be casting Cheer/Embolden with your healer anyway turn one, which overwrites Brave. Thus, the Morale Talisman is a glorified Hyper Wrist, that's harder to make than a Hyper Wrist. The only niche case for Morale Talisman is in the Arena when stat buffs are banned, but given that this event is incredibly stingy with event currency, it's really drat hard to justify spending the energy on a Morale Talisman.

Morale Talisman requires 10 Entrancing Tails and 10 Menacing Wings. At 80 apiece, that means you need 800 gears for the tails, 800 for the wings, for a total of 1600 gears. ELT stage gives ~100 gears. If you're lucky enough to have two Snows or a Snow/Vanille, that's ~250 gears. So you're looking at anywhere from 7 to 16 runs for the necessary gears.

The ELT stage costs 13 NRG. That means you are spending 91 to 208 energy for an accessory that's good for one character for one week, and probably not that often, as I assume they've got a lot of arena conditions, so maybe every few months at best?

Yeah, it's not worth it. It's garbage.

That's, like, just your opinion, man.

Sometimes I don't even take a healer and just spam attacks and I'm doing okay.

Also, some people (not me) STILL don't have "proper" team makeups.

Shark Tower posted:

Basically this. It's a pretty malicious system that uses the 'free to play' excuse to psychologically manipulate players into giving them money. You can bet the company doesn't care how much it tarnishes its or the Final Fantasy name, as long as it makes massive profits, and you should feel bad about complaining, because you're getting to play it 'for free'.

My advice? Forget getting everything. The Halloween event was generous to get players conditioned to the idea of being able to do that. Not going to happen again, unless you're willing to whale. Guaranteed, lightning not having a bonus and the new daily (which I reckon will be here every day for the event's duration), are both moves to force players to not ignore the event, and spend on obsolete units.

Get what's minimally worthwhile, and then just focus on doing other things like clearing old stages for lapis. Eventually, they'll go back to being generous again, in order to lull people into thinking they've learned from their "mistakes", and there'll be another honeymoon period before the next crap event. Rinse and repeat.

This is accurate, and a good reason to be moderately happy about getting a Morale Pendant. :)

Fisting Tent posted:

How to you fill the Esper bar?
There is a bunch of Lapis I'm trying to collect but I can't figure out how to summon Esper.

Same way you fill the limit break bars, have everyone attack the same guy, one at a time. You should have a full bar around battle 3 or so.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, should I keep Sazh as my shared leader, or go back to Lightning?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have a whale Lightning, but she's pretty good:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

If you don't have a healer capable of casting Cheer/Embolden, then the Morale Pendant is still worthless, because it means you're probably still early in the story. So your energy is better spent doing the story stages, building up lapis for pulls, earning good rank XP to level up your max NRG faster, and getting newer recipes for materias and equipment. If you really want attack, a Hyper Wrist gives the exact same base attack bonus as the Morale Pendant, and requires far less NRG to get the crafting materials.

The Morale Pendant is still worthless no matter where you are gameplay-wise. I mean, hell, if you really want a worthless accessory that bad, I won't stop you, it's your game. But honestly, you're wasting your time, and you could get so much more done if you did other things.

I have Refia and don't really use her in the Arena. That auto buff is handy.

It's good to be able to look at things from different perspectives.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 2, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got a half-price Russel. Dammit.

The upside of this event is all the poo poo you're not gonna be able to use anyway, so it takes a lot of the sting away.

I can probably get those tickets, and maybe the Winged Saint and Morale Pendant.

We'll see in week two of this thing if I can use my Lightnings.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You know, I really like the FF XIII battle music. It wasn't a bad game, it was super linear like I remember X being.

It's me, I'm the guy who likes experimental and different stuff in my media.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Never got rid of you to begin with.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Thread is dead tonight, it's almost like this event is rear end and the banner is rear end. Usually we get at least 2-3 Bediled and Shadowned posts, but nobody is pulling from this garbage.

I pulled. Golden Vanille'd.

I was hoping for a good non-banner character like Garland or Exdeath though.

Gonna get me those tickets and maybe...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Looking at the wiki, Vanille isn't terrible. She gets both Focus and Cheer, as well as Keep It Up, which gives a unit Auto-Revive for three turns. She gets Esuna, and Cure, Cura, and Curaga... no Curaja though. Deshell and Deprotect, too (like anyone doesn't have those unlocked on every single Esper anyway.)

She's not a primary healer (because no Curaja) by any means, she's a buffer who can make sure your healer (hopefully one with Raise or Full-Raise) never dies. Vanille, Cecil and Refia, with maybe CoD and WoL looks to be a crazy defensive combo.

And that cool yo-yo stick attack.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well, yes, everything sucks if you immediately compare them to Orlandu.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Lightning and some other chumps on next banner, Lightning gets rate ups for gears.

100% rate up for Lightning. Why they didn't just have that to begin with, we'll never know (yes we do Gumi is somewhat incompetent.)

EDIT: Half price draw was... Firion number two.

:getin:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 6, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The reward is a +45 DEF helm that apparently gets better when worn with heavy armor.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A Ludmille one of these days would be neat.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WebDO posted:

So uh, either the amount of stat pots you can apply increases when you awaken a unit, it it resets them to zero. Hooray.

If you check the wiki, you can see that each star rarity for a unit' max boost from pots is. The more rare the unit gets, the higher the limit for each stat. It does not reset.

It's on the bit you usually scroll past to get to the abilities. :v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Captaindirtnap posted:

Exdeath: Double(ish) your magic stat from weapons (very good)

Physical Character: Double your ATK stat from weapons, and Double all attacks/physical abilities for free. (Insane)

CoD's only weakness here is weapon availability. A character like Bartz would be a no-brainer with his weapon selection and 5 hit (10 hit!?) Barrage. Hell, even a Kain becomes monstrous with double Dragon Dive damage.

The Golem Staff on a character who can use Barrage is great. What you lose in raw damage you make up for in multiple chances to petrify.

EDIT: Half price pull today was a golden Rosa.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Trilin posted:

Daily summon!:
Blue crystal
Please be Sazh please be Sazh please be Sazh
Lenna
:negative:

That's like 10 summons and I can't get a single boosted character, this event is even more miserable than it should be, which is really drat miserable.

If I drew a Lenna it would mean that I had the FFV Krew (besides Exdeath but he's not on the Krew anyway.)

rabidsquid posted:

i got my third agrias from daily. there's definitely worse 4* to get, but i was hoping for snow for the tm and maybe getting some event poo poo.

thread, do i need three agrias? do i need two? how many save the queens do i even need

Since she eventually becomes Almost-Orlandau, I'd say you keep them all.

EDIT: I swear to God I wasn't beaten when I started trying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone ever had their guest characters not attack the chosen target when you're trying to build up your limit breaks and totally gently caress up the mission?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tipme posted:

If you keep waiting to pull what's the point in playing

If you're just running macros 24/7, what's the point in playing?

You gotta play the way you find entertaining, I guess.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
How does that random generator work for draws, anyway? Does time factor in there anywhere? Every time I've drawn immediately after server reset has been trash. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:wtc:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Palleon posted:

Compensation:

28 lapis
50 energy
5000 friend points

Anyone else care to venture a guess?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

What if the game... never comes back? :ohdear:

Then I am free. It took the bones of a halfway decent game to trap me in this free-to-play shithole, there's nothing else preventing me from playing the games I paid Actual Money for... I'm still early on in Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Earthlock, Dark Souls 3, and ReCore...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Where?

EDIT: Oh. Reddit. Thank you though!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 9, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shingouryu posted:

Just ran ELT, got over 200 gears before bonuses, so it's giving around twice what it did before. I like this change.

drat you for your swift and timely posts, I came here to post this.

Got a Galuf on my half-price.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I got the daily Lapis from missions after doing 5 missions. There are 6 available, not counting the one that normally unlocks after doing the other 5.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got an Exdeath with one of my free tickets. Sweet! Now all I need is Lenna and I've got a full FFV Krew.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

So I'm reading if you have a lot of bonus units it's better NRG/Gears wise to run PRO? Can someone confirm?

This is the first I've heard of this, but I would be interested to know also.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Enhancements for Bartz and ExBro are looking decent:

Butts:
Entrust Life Sacrificial Restore ST 100% HP/MP, ST 3 Turn +70% Wind Resist, ST 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP
Cyclone Slash 700% AoE 1 Hit Wind Hybrid Attack

ExBro:
+50% Mag Dmg vs Human, Plant, Bird, Beast, Bug
Meteor 300% AoE 3 Hit Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND
Evil Light 350% AoE 1 Hit Light Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND

So, Butz can come back to life when he uses the Elixir ability? Not sure I'm reading that properly.

Side note: can confirm Golem Staff works with Gale Barrage. In Arena, tanks are very likely to be petrified first turn.

Got Terra #4 in the half-price.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Badman posted:

Is FANG someone I care about pulling? Because I did.

Do you like dragoons? Then, yes.

rio posted:

Has anyone pulled a unit and then not had it show? I pulled a Zidane and just went to view it and it is not there - it was the only worthwhile pull I got blowing my tickets too...

It's there. Sort your units by game for a minute.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Edit2: I also literally just noticed they changed the daily quests so you only need to do 5 out of the 6 to get the daily lapis reward. Man, I would've still bothered doing dailies if that'd been the case when the event started

Yeah I pointed that out a page or so back. As long as everyone knows the dailies are easier, it's all good!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ugh. That plant trial boss. I creamed the two headed dragon easily thanks to Dana, but I'm just not sure how to take this drat thing down before it wears my team down.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can a Lightning solo ELT with a carry? Just asking because I pulled Vanille so I can now run a full bonus team (Sazh/Sazh/Fang/Vanille/Light).

I still didn't get the one unit I wanted (Snow).

Make sure you're using Siren's Attack Song and try to make sure the carry is good like Lightning. It's possible to do if you can beat the last two guys down to their charging move, that gives you two turns per boss character.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Guys, I just ran into a Bartz with the Golem Staff and Gale Barrage. Never been on the receiving end before.

It feels bad. It feels real bad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Free ticket on its way for iOS.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yep. Updated real quick and there was the ticket.

It was a Kain. Gungnir at 60% now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kronikle posted:

Thank you baram for the powerful friend.

:lol:

• Locked thread