Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Vax posted:

My guess is Ariana won't be 5* and will just be okay stat and skill wise. Later on that one skill will turn out to be gamebreaking in some situations and she will be usable after all.

:gumi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The music I listen to is an acquired taste and not for babby. Honestly, if one has been pushing back against what's popular one's entire life one probably has good taste, no matter the preferred genre.

This is hilarious, and so so pathetic.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

I don't know why we are all surprised, she's already got the whole FF belts and zippers thing down pat.

She looks like she came right out of FF15.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

MohShuvuu posted:

what makes dual wielding cod good for this event? the fact that she has man killers?

The same thing as literally every event since she got 6*. Insane utility.
Comeback: Aoe esuna
Maneater and Maneater+: Dark Fina is human
Omniveil: Resist all elements 30%
(and not useful in this event, but Aura ball is reduce all atk by 30%, silence all)

An amazing unit that everyone should have at least one at 6*.

Edit: Does anyone know if Omniveil and Bar-ra/ga spells stack?

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Hardbody posted:

Murdered Dick Fina. If anyone needs help clearing her just ask and I'll make room for you. I dont bite, I promise.

Sorry, the Hentai game thread is in the anime forum.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
My Noctis is almost one of the big boys! In celebration of hitting 697 ATK, I purged my friend list of people who haven't logged in for a month and Shantottos, and I welcome all goons to send me an invite. No account too new, no friend unit too weak!

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shark Tower posted:

since hybrid uses half of both stats, flask would get +10% from a hero ring, and +15% from a bracer.

Bracers aren't 30%, just 30 Atk.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Well, they did fix certain units being more rare/common. All things are possible.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

cosmicprank posted:

Welp, anyone want my account/Dark Fina? If we're comparing this game to extreme hoarding and extreme compulsive gambling it doesn't seem fun anymore.

People *can* do this, none of us do.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

hagie posted:

Spent all day working Vaan up to 80 just so I could work up full break.

Once he got there I immediately did the no-companion Veritas fight. Made the mistake of having baraeroa on Vaan so my DPS fell off a little. My CoD ran out of MP 1/2 way through so I lost Protectga. Lenna too a Jump and got one shotted so no more heals, Charlotte took an Aeroga to the fence and suffered due to her attachment to Golem. At 1/4 Exdeath pops off his last imperil, Vaan puts up his last full break. CoD resists the Aeroga and is at 1/4 health.

Every body wipes and I got him down to like 1/5 health.

Pop some lapis for the full body raise and started limit breaking after the initial set up, and now I can continue with content!

Wind Veritas is there to gently caress over new players, and is a big sign that says 'Hey, go level your characters'

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Howdy fellow moogle slaves. Gonna throw myself up on the doc This evening but I've been playing for about 6 months now and have got a few nice 6*, luneth being my star damage dealer atm.

What's the consensus on saving tickets? Does it really matter if the banner doesn't have anything I want in particular 5-6* wise because even if the banner did odds are I won't get em? I have about 15 saved up now from the frostor event + stuff and I'm debating just using them now or saving them for the next banner, and whether worrying about it even makes sense.

I'd say there are better banners to use all your tickets on. Though it depends on if you do TMR farming, as the rewards from the 3 and 4 stars on this banner are decent.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

insideoutside posted:

I wonder what the Ariana Grande dungeon will be like. Attack her enough until she says she can't walk straight and then she joins you and sings that song?

Well, she is a free unit designed to bring people into the game, so probably a very easy dungeon that any account could do(or even just sending her to everyone) and likely a grind for awakening her past 4*.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

King Mog events are great for 6 star mats. Usually there is a limited quantity of each type of six star mat that is priced really cheap. Then there is an unlimited supply that's 4 times more expensive. You should easily be able to get enough for four units, but you may not have enough currency to get other desirable items like star quartz and summon tickets.

The general buy order usual goes:
Any exclusive gear / materia (if it's good quality)
Summon tickets
Star quartz
Cheap priced trust moogle
Elixirs
Gigantaurs
Six star mats as needed
Expensive priced trust moogle

I'd say this list is highly subjective. A newer player would prioritize Gigantuars over star quartz, heavy arena players have zero interest in Elixirs, etc.
But it is a good rough guide, as gear/materia can be the best stuff from an event, or the worst stuff(Atk 10% from the gears event :lol:)

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm assuming everyone struggling on the boss or the dualcorns(?) doesn't have BC Lid, because she is an instant win.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Skyridge posted:

Pulled a Seven today. She's pretty bad for a 6*, right?

This entire banner ranges from horrible to kinda bad. Next week is better(if it is type 0 2nd banner as everyone thinks).

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
It would suck to have 2 weeks of this terrible banner.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
As someone who only has a single decent mage, I will grind her and her equipment out. High base stats are important, and her MAG is crazy good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
She has really great base MAG and can use two microphones and two evening gloves. For new players she's a godsend, for older players she is a solid but limited caster with good support abilities.

• Locked thread