Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

Dumped 10 tix and still Dailypulling. Got 3x Bartz and 5x ExBro now. Probably should stop pulling on this one. Also I now have 9x CoD :psyduck:

I've done 2 11-pulls and probably 15 tickets, have 4 ExDeaths myself. Think I'll only keep two because I can farm 2 dualcasts and want to get Kefka back into circulation when his 6* arrives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Armitage posted:

Now for Leo and his TM Aegis Shield. Is it a good to TM reward to farm multiples of or is it safe to combine him?

I'd shoot for 2 Aegis Shields, but I also don't know what other good shields are coming down the pipeline. You'd want one for your Tank for sure, then another for your breaker. Unless you're really tight on space, I wouldn't get rid of them.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

So basically the only way you're farming this event is if you were lucky whale enough to have pulled at least TWO 5 star base DPS units.

I was fine with the BE one because I managed to pull 3 of the bonus units in my quest for Luneth, this poo poo is ridiculous though. The payout on event currency is such garbage and there's no way I can handle farming this consistently without bringing a 6*100 friend unit. What a bunch of garbage.

So I did an 11-pull to see if I could at least get 2 of the event units and pulled a Zidane. Guess the gods are speaking to me and I'll be TM farming him instead of running this stupid event.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Shoenin posted:

This Arena week is bullocks, Im just beating the lowest rank person because it doesnt take me a loving eternity as trying to kill Cecil/Luneth/COD

Same. I'm not losing any higher rank fights they just take way too loving long.

On another note, I'm still skipping the event for the week and new Zidane is already up to 5% on his TM. 20 days to go!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

kalensc posted:

Arena ticket got me a 4* burst pot so now Cecil has a lvl 15 LB and has just awoken to 5*.

Wonder if it's worth waiting for more burst pots and keeping him at 5* or if I should max him out asap. Charlotte's been a reasonably strong tank, but I could def use a 2nd Curaja user plus Cecil's other skills.

Cecil's LB maxes out at 74%, currently you're at 64% how worth it is to you to wait and horde LB pots?

It's a pretty big deal to skip 5* LB levels because those levels cost 900~exp more at 6*.

Cost to go from 15-20 at 5* = 11,250 exp or 4 Burst pots or 113 mini pots.

Cost to go from 15-20 at 6* = 16,000 exp or 6 Burst pots or 160 mini pots.

Difference of either 2 more burst pots or 47 mini pots.

But that's just for 5% increase to your LB in either case. That number of pots that you would use at 5* could get another character, like ExDeath, almost to where your Cecil is now, and having two characters with 62 & 64% seems like a better deal to me than having 1 at 50% and 1 at 70%.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Shoenin posted:

Daily pull Garland

how long do I gotta wait before I knock people down?

3-4 months.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Put him as your friend so we can take advantage of his 75% bonus.

15,000 gill for a sacred crystal? Yeah let me think about that one real hard...
:frog:

If only we could buy more than 1...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I put everything into Lightning except: LB for 4* Cecil and MAG for Kefka. Just maxed HP on her so HP is now going into Tilith.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

1/2 price was Gold, Chizuru #3. Decided to blow some of the event tickets:

3* Freya
4* Bartz
4* Fran
3* Kuja

Not terrible pulls but I want a Snow to compliment my Xiao darn it.

Glad I waited till next weekend to grind out this banner. Not putting Lightning on it from the beginning was super sketchy.

What's the deal with the new trial? Announcement page wouldn't load. (guessing it's the 2-headed dragon, what's the reward for that?)

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 6, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Shark Tower posted:

I used 2 moogles on medius.

No regrets.

As someone who has a Growth Egg, I will tell you that is a good choice. Getting +50% on a single character running through EXP INT is great. I wish I could pull another one, he'd be on the TM team immediately.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

God drat peer pressure, I did it to and got

a shantoto.

Always a welcome pull.

gently caress it me too.

Also a Shantotto...that makes #12. Getting ExDeath #2 his 4 Mag +30%s just got a bit easier.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Penelo isn't awful. She's got the potential to be good someday and her TM is not useless though most of the best attacking units can already use swords.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Dang I'm super torn here. According to the wiki it looks like lightning will be on the banner starting Friday and I missed out on her the fist time around. I've been socking away tickets here and there to take a couple more (assuredly pointlrss) pulls for orlandu when he comes around in a couple weeks. Do I whale for lightning come Friday or sit on all of them to help my negligible chance of landing orlandu? It's only 25 tickets and along with doing 1 or 2 11 pulls will put me around 50 pulls, which is definitely no where close to enough for either of them, but I'm still conflicted on who to take the shot at.

What would you guys do? I know it's prob a moot point since it's such a slim chance to land either but I figured my best bet is to go all in for one or the other rather than spread stuff around trying for both

Orlandu. It's like not even a choice.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MohShuvuu posted:

Her TM is for daggers :negative:

I should have worded that better, I suppose. My point was that she's not going to help make a unit competitive with the top tier attackers(as they can already use swords which are better than daggers) but CoD can take advantage of her ability to get some extra ATK and as KataraniSword mentioned the dual wield dagger that's coming out combos nicely with it.

Also Penelo just recently got her 5* in Japan, so who knows, maybe at 6* she'll get some decent stats and be able to make use of her blade dance move.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Does this mean I should toss my Refia up as a friend unit then? She doesn't have dual cast yet or a maxed out esper but she does have full raise and 344 spr if it will help people. Seems more useful for this than my exdeath anyway

Well it's a trial so I wouldn't worry about what friend unit you have up.

I would doubt anyone is going to switch off their Lightning this weekend anyway.

I'd leave ExDeath up, healers tend to be one of those things you have to have and so far we haven't needed 2 of them for anything.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Maintenance pushed another 4 hours. I don't even know why they bother giving actual time updates. These guys always go long with their maintenance and this time it even seems like they started early.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Daily was a gold Hope. Blew the 5 tickets +500 lapis(accidentially from mashing the button) on Gilgamesh pulls.

Krile
Exdeath #5
Shantotto #13
Luna #8
Shadowned
CoD #4

Not bad pulls overall.

Liking this new rate up on gears and with my Lightning and a friend Lightning, plus Snow and Sazh I'm getting a pretty good haul of gears every run. Unfortunately that will have to wait until I send Bartz though the Cactuar Dunes a couple dozen times.

Two questions: 1) How long do things you get from bundle purchases stay in your mailbox?
2) Is the Lightning skill from King Mog worth getting? Seems like she'd be better off with another ATK+10%

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is re rolling absolutely necessary for a five

Seems like a bit of a chore

It might seem like a chore, but having a 5* base is a HUGE advantage, look at how many people in the thread complain about not even seeing a Rainbow.

So yeah, spend those 2 hours or how ever long it takes you to pull one. Well worth it.

Or don't and then bitch 6 months from now when you haven't pulled one and have spent hundreds of dollars on trying to pull one.

At the very least I would pull until I got a 6* capable unit, that was base 4 and highly rated on the wiki. Like Agrias or WoL.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jus beat up a guy in the Arena named SGoon. His status message was something like "Help me. Somebody please help me."

Sounds like a goon alright.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

KataraniSword posted:

Honestly, between Embolden and Ravaging Slash, Lightnings can one-round carry everything else - I'll take the two bonus slots lost for packing Refia and Elza (or, in non-Elza-having cases, a Full Breaker).

Sazh is a full breaker(at 5*80) if you want to spent the 30~ Giant Cacutuars to max him out. :suicide:

So even at my current rate of gears being around 1100 a run the Trust Pot still isn't worth it. That works out to about 28 runs to get enough gears which is 364 NRG, which if spent on grinding my TM team would be ~3.6 for 5 people for a total TM gain of 18%.

Kind of a shame I was hoping with the rate increase it would be more worthwhile to go after it but getting 3.6 on 5 people is just way better than putting 10% into a single guy for me at the moment.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I wish we could do something to alert people who want to start playing Exvius about the Amazon Underground deal. That basically makes rerolling 4 times easier.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Blowing these 3 free tickets on the Rare banner, let's go!

Gold Tellah(#2)
Gold Luna(#8 or 9)
Blue Freya(#3) I pulled my first one a couple days ago and already pulled a second one today. It's crazy how you can randomly luck into the same unit, multiple times, months after their banner on what should have been a common unit.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 10, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Gyoru posted:

Cleared out inactives so I have a few slots open.

Added. Looks like it's time to clear out a few inactives myself.

763,793,980 for a 600+Atk Lightning.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nuebot posted:

So any word on a new years/christmas deal yet, doubly so if orlandu is involved? Me and some friends are doing a dumb giftcard santa thing and we're mostly giving eachother itunes/googleplay and steam because we're all terrible nerds and if there's nothing going on in this, the only game I'd currently whale for, it'd help to know.

EDIT: also what's the general opinion on this amazon app thing? The google play store is an annoyance to use because I don't have an actual android device so I can't access the playstore normally when trying to macro. Are there any drawbacks to using this version of the game if I don't plan to actually purchase lapis on it?

Rumor mill is that we're getting Christmas exclusive units like we did Halloween, and won't be getting Orlandu until after that in January.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Fenrir posted:

People said that about Luneth, Greg and Elza and welp :v:

That said, even if I don't get Thunder God Cid, I'll be alright with this here swole as gently caress pinku waifu:

For someone who isn't a whale it's awfully suspicious that you have two TMs from a base *4, within a week and a half of release. I've been dropped a few lapis refreshes a day since Snow came out and my Zidane is only at like 45%.

I guess you found a new job and got paid eh?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MY 1/2 off...wait what's the noise? (Without Me starts playing)

Guess who's back?

...back again...

BEDILE's back...

tell a friend...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cat Pilot posted:

I think he's getting passively peer pressured by the discord folks cause we got a bunch of dolphins in there talking about their TM groups.

I whaled on $100 worth of two $50 Lapis bundles during black friday and I'm down to 3000~ now. All those 3k 6* awakening packages depleted my supply right quick.

The other mobile game I play, Marvel Future Fight, keeps adding content that allows for multiple clears but removes the characters you use from the pool once you use them to clear. Do you guys think a game mode like that would be viable in this game?

- Required a full party of 5 units, chosen on entry(so it doesn't mess with your static team)
- Characters must be max level
- Each character can be used once per day (not individual unit; meaning if you have two Lightnings you can only send 1 of them per day)
- No friend unit allowed
- Clearable up to 5 times per day
- no NRG entry fee
- had a rotation of bosses with increased stats, or even like a 10 boss rush kind of deal where the bosses scale in difficulty from battle to battle

Basically it would be nice if the game gave me more reason to want to build up some of these others characters. In the past couple days I've pulled Freya and Tellah and have a ton of other characters that it would be neat if the game gave me some reason to use them. With 5 runs each using 5 characters you'd need 25 different units so it's possible that new players could complete the mode with some of the 3* friend units in their party to pad out teams.

There doesn't even need to be a super good reward. Like if the bosses dropped a single random 5*/ 6* mat would be enough but not too much.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

McSpankWich posted:

I thought the same thing when I started. "I'll never do that, that's crazy." Here I am 5 months in, macroing all night, because even with moogles it's completely impossible to get more than one like every 6 months any other way.

Edit: To help illustrate, I pulled Kefka and ExDeath the first day I started playing, and they have been on my team for practically every story dungeon, event, vortex mission, etc. They are at 9.8% and 11.2% respectively.

Actually my day 1 Kefka is doing pretty well TM wise because I pulled 13 more and shoved 9 of them into him.

But the first part of this was totally me. I'm sure you could even find the posts in my history where I bitch about how Macro'ing is awful and dumb. Look at me now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Put this in the OP as guidance for how to properly gear your Bedile.

Needs more Hero Rings, he is a hybrid afterall.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Double posting because it's official next week is 6* CHIZURU!

No new island but we have a Story for Charlotte, that's interesting.

ENCHANTED MAZE is also back for a week. Looking forward to those burst pots.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Vax posted:

ENCHANTED MAZE FINALLY MOTHERFUCKER

time to grind all week until my eyes bleed :woop:

Since I actually dodged :bedile: and pulled her royal Chorizo the other day: Is she worth maxing at all?

Mind you I'm really unlucky on physical attackers. Only decent ones I have is basically Firion and Bartz.

She'll be better than Bartz at 6 in terms of raw damage, probably Firion at 6 as well, although both of them have more utility. Katana selection makes running more than 1 of her less viable. Compared to the others.

Cartoon Man posted:

Any word on if Cheeze Whiz gets on a banner? I desperately need one...

Seems unlikely. They haven't done a 5 character banner in a while and the banner that came with her in Japan is likely to be the same in Dark Fina, Luka, and Elle.

Though I don't think it would be a terrible idea to shove another fan voted banner out there. Maybe a 3 person banner with 1 character of 3/4/5 base star level voted on.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 13, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Go RV! posted:

Charlotte's story page literally says there's a new island.

I meant to say Region, unless that island is part of the next region: Zoldaad Empire. Seems weird that we'd get two story updates back to back though. Any of you JP players want to give us the scoop.

Vax posted:

Isn't Firion top 10 in JP? So I guess he will be pretty decent once his 6* and enhancements hit.

I remember JP players saying he gets more killer skills, not sure about weapon bonuses though. Either way his 6* is a couple months out.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 13, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Vax posted:

:psypop:

Everyone: Noctis + new stuff starts tomorrow.

Hey Vax, can you link a version of Memu 2.8.6? They don't seem to have previous versions on their main website, and anything that comes up after the 5th link on a google search I don't trust.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

I just did the Charlotte quests and it was really loving stupid.
:what:

I skipped all the story stuff and just blew threw it in like 5 minutes. The special explorations counted for the daily quest so that was nice. I have WoL and Cecil so I don't really need my Charlotte to be leveled but if I didn't have those that Shield seems nice. Having an Esuna like ability on a shield is pretty cool.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

insideoutside posted:

Is there a reason that I don't get better arena rewards killing a scrubby scrub at rank 20 vs. a team of heavy hitting whales at rank 60?

You get medals based on their ratio, not their rank.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

There will be whales with five-Noctis teams and I will hate their guts.

e: looking into his stuff on wiki.. WHAT.. DUDE..

I guess I need to update the OP to just say that you need a breaker, a healer, a tank and an attacker...OR as many Noctis as you can possibly whale.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

1/2 Rydia #15

5 tickets:

Shantotto, Gold Chizuru(my 4th), Lani, Charlotte, and Fran.

Was really hoping that gold was Mercedes she seems cool but I never seem to pull gold people on their banner.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

victrix posted:

Haha, I could certainly put Locke back up until I get Noctis buffed, I have no idea if people use Cecil as a friend. Locke farming is still a thing? I figured he'd be hugely obsolete by now.

I keep three Locke friends around for when I decided to spend my vortex runs on the Chamber of Awakening. Unfortunately we haven't had an event where he would be useful in a while.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

McSpankWich posted:

Xiao - (Can someone please explain Kaiser Knuckles to me? Everyone is saying they're great, but they're only 101 Atk so I'm a little confused, wouldn't other things be better)

Wind element is helpful in some instances, Snow's TM double stacks with them, and units that use Knuckles may not be able to use great swords which have higher attack.

Not an S tier TM but a solid A tier TM.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

So, a question on team composition. I'm currently running with Lightning, CoD, Ingus for breaks, Refia, and Exdeath. I also have a Decil though, my only other 5* pull I've gotten since I started. Despite getting lucky on having several units that grow into a pretty strong team, I haven't gotten a whole lot in the way of TM pulls. No Zidane, or other strong passives. The best hope I have for Decil is grinding out barrage. So, the question is...

Is it better to go full physical and swap out Exdeath for Decil when I finish off Barrage? The space tree is strong, but I don't have any super mage gear, and dualcasting meteor seems to only get him so far in fights. I'm not sure if another physical unit would be better, especially now that I finally leveled Refia for embolden. Even without a lot of fancy attacks, Decil does have at least a really big attack score.

Also, is it worth having multiple barrages at all? It seems like MOST good attackers already have better built into their kit, but I do have like 4 Lunas right now.

Cartoon Man posted:

There was a time when there was only a single ATK +10% materia out there in the wild and a single ATK +20% materia that came from a whale chest in the cash store. It was worth putting a barage in one of your slots back then. Now you can craft ATK +10% at your leisure and it's better than giving up a slot for barrage.

Barrages are pretty helpful. I seem to be the only person tossing MP pots on my friend Lightning which is helpful for spamming the best abilities all the way through. TBH I'd rather have a friend unit that had Barrage than an extra ~15 attack because that meant I could get more damage out of them with that Barrage.

That said, if you already have one, and are moving it to DKC, a second really shouldn't be your priority for Lightning compared to Excalibur/Deathbringer/Blade Mastery/Sakafurubuki/Maxwell's and any Dualcast/Dual Wields you could farm.

Also definitely swap out ExDeath for DKC, Mages are best used in groups because you can chain their spells and simiarly so are physical attackers. Lightning and DKC chaining should be better than a pair of Meteors(unless you have ridiculous Vax level mage gear, which you said you don't), and considerably more mana efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Daily... RAINBOW...Gaffgarion.

Ok, he's my first one so that's cool. He's not worthless. BUT for a rainbow... gently caress you Gumi.

• Locked thread